• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

Word. We also need to get some ping pong in. I'll give you a chance to win your 5 back

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
BRM 5 results are up

BRM 6 will be on July 7th. Hopefully that's far enough in advance so we have more than 9 people show up lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
BRM 5 results are up

BRM 6 will be on July 7th. Hopefully that's far enough in advance so we have more than 9 people show up lol
Well I know I won't be coming. No offense, but I don't have the money to run out to a BR tournament, plus I'll be busy gearing up for Smashcon.

BSP

Smash Legend
:( It's fine guys.

Edit: put Slidell Monthly 3 in the OP.

Edit2: BRM6 thread up

Edit3: PR updated

'V'

Smash Lord
I like how Hyro actually went to 2 tourneys this season, absolutely wrecked in the most recent one, and isn't even put in HM...

That's the Louisiana Power Ranking for ya. Good ****, guys. :)

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Hyro didn't even attend ANY tourneys last season, yet he was still mentioned on the last list.

System is flawed.
I believe ur just trolling right now so I'm gonna take what ur saying very lightly.

But Hyro attended FFF last season which is why he was mentioned.

D

Deleted member

back when we had a large community and the pr was quite needed for seeding by tiers in tournaments. ranking by number i feel has always been kind of irrelevant. thats why lee kyle and myself share a tier.

'V'

Smash Lord
back when we had a large community and the pr was quite needed for seeding by tiers in tournaments. ranking by number i feel has always been kind of irrelevant. thats why lee kyle and myself share a tier.
I've been saying this from the beginning to the point where I even came up with a formula to form the Melee rankings. That system ended up being a much more efficient way to seed tourneys AND keep the competitive spirit for new players coming in. That's how Arc ended up actually getting pretty high up on the list. And EVERYONE gets to see where they stand mostly from tourney data.

The Brawl Power Ranking just leaves people out completely, which leads to an inaccurate list. And also seeing as how it's in LA, there are only a handful of great players, a few decent players, and the rest are mediocre. The only spots that really matter are 1-7, and that's only if the list is accurate.

/rant

MT_

Smash Ace
UT Austin Smash Club presents: Tchaikovsky's Iced Tea Sonata on July 21

Hello Louisiana! Just wanted to invite you guys to come to Texas's biggest tournament this summer featuring Broly and Mojo, a couple of Texas's best players. Hope you guys will be able to make it! We of course are more than willing to house you guys should you decide to make the trip over here. GO MELEE!

D

Deleted member

speaking of melee, i beat tim in a mm using only doc tonight. lol

cyphus where you at dawg

D

Deleted member

nah i just got back from a vacation in san antonio. im good on driving for a while.
arc going to **** everyone anyway, unless wobbles is there.

MT_

Smash Ace
Arc lost solidly to Mojo at the last tourney. And the tourney isn't for 1.5 months so plenty of time to recover :)

:phone:

Top Bottom