• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
That's like saying you're OK with gay marriage being banned because you don't like dudes. Seriously.
No, it's like saying it shouldn't bother him if he has a secondary on the same level as his main. It's essentially what Vaughn said, pick up a secondary (which Okuser has) and learn that character (which according to him is on par with his MK) if MK is banned...

The whole learn a new character wouldn't seem like "bull****" if you already had a secondary to begin with. If you like MK and he's being banned for the good of the community then I'm sorry, it is what it is. If Diddy got banned, I already have at least 3+ characters I could fall back on.

Also, I know Batto can play a Peach or Marth. I always thought .D was going to quit anyway and only attended for the lulz and no offense to Curlz but how many different mains has he had in the past? Not to mention, you're losing a #4 PR player solely because of MK gayness.

Fun Fact: I don't like dudes and don't give a **** about politics, which also means I don't give a **** if gay marriage is banned or not :troll:

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
So, I love how people are so worked up over MK being banned. And no, it shouldn't take you a year to learn a character. It took me one month from being a complete noob to being a decent player, with Captain Falcon. Since then I have played Link, Jiggly, Pika, and back to Falcon. If pika was banned, I would have more players to play with. But I don't pick up MK just because I can't win at tourneys. But what do I know. I don't care about winning tourneys.

eet

Smash Ace
theres something hilarious to me about yalls reasoning 'dude who cares if we ban mk? this game has no depth and you can just learn a new main in a day.'

is trolling brawl ever not fun

:phone:

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
theres something hilarious to me about yalls reasoning 'dude who cares if we ban mk? this game has no depth and you can just learn a new main in a day.'

Sadly it's because it's true. In a few friendlies even I can get the jist of a character and it'd be tourney viable.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
@ nitez with mk i have the ability to beat anyone on the current pr solidly with the exception of jnig and lee of course so if i wanted to be on it i could garner atleast top 5 i know it may sound like bragging but thats not my intent even with snake i can beat a good amount and for evryone wondering if mk is my only tourney viable character when i first started the scene it was with kirby and i was #7 for it or something im against the ban but i really dont care anyway i dunno what bsp was talking about when he said he shouldnt have let apex influence him B/c seeing the Japanese mk's as well as the American mk's brought me back into the game if mk were still allowed i can see myself going oos and trying to get better apex was the **** and it was a game changer he should be allowed b/c i know he can be beaten even with low tiers people just arnt willing to put in the work but either way do what yall want i may still enter some mk ban tournaments i just prefer playing him and striving to be the bst with him thats all

ChKn

Smash Ace
Host one then with MK not banned. You're a TO right?

Herp derp.

Just take a vote a get a general consensus.

'V'

Smash Lord

It's ALWAYS fun to troll Brawl. ;)

Sadly it's because it's true. In a few friendlies even I can get the jist of a character and it'd be tourney viable.
^This. I don't know why people complain about having to learn new characters when all it comes down to is learning the basic muscle memory and figuring out the opponent's patterns in game.

he should be allowed b/c i know he can be beaten even with low tiers people just arnt willing to put in the work
That's bull**** and you know it. Even a handful of mid/high tiers have a ton of trouble keeping up with MK. If some characters like Lucario or Dedede can't effectively beat him, then what makes you think that a character like Lucas could do it?

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
@.D I know. I know all about your skill, it's not bragging, you're just stating a fact. It's the same thing as me/Gunner situation. As for my decision to on MK in reference to CI, I really don't give a **** so he'll be legal. When it comes to Brawl in general, I don't give a ****. When people ask what stage I ban, guess what I tell them :troll:

_D._

Smash Apprentice
Mekos, fow, ocean, illmatic, chibo, reflex, trela,junebug, Coney, kain, will, Vinnie, shaky, chudat, tkd, zeton, mjg, kingtoon, hyro, poltergust, dla, boss, big Lou ........

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Facey stop making it sound like u beat me so easily. It was a very close set and u know it. >_>

Okuser

Smash Ace
That's bull**** and you know it. Even a handful of mid/high tiers have a ton of trouble keeping up with MK. If some characters like Lucario or Dedede can't effectively beat him, then what makes you think that a character like Lucas could do it?
.D is right. If the other player is better then they will outplay the MK, simple as that. ESO's lucas will beat me if he happens to play better than I played. MK has an advantage on DDD oh well... everyone character is going to have matchups they struggle with, DDD has quite a few good matchups to make up for it though.

'V'

Smash Lord
.D is right. If the other player is better then they will outplay the MK, simple as that. ESO's lucas will beat me if he happens to play better than I played. And all characters are going to have tough matchups... MK has an advantage on DDD oh well... DDD hard counters like 3 characters and MK doesn't even do that.
Official Matchups

:metaknight:
0: :pikachu2:
1: :diddy: :falco: :fox: :marth: :olimar: :popo: :snake: :wolf: :zerosuitsamus:
2: :dedede: :gw: :kirby2: :lucario: :lucas: :ness2: :pit: :sheik: :sheilda: :sonic: :toonlink: :wario: :yoshi2:
3: :bowser2: :dk2: :falcon: :ike: :jigglypuff: :link2: :luigi2: :peach: :pt: :mario2: :rob: :samus2:
4: :ganondorf: :zelda:

:dedede:
-3: :popo:
-2: :diddy: :falco: :metaknight: :olimar: :pikachu2: :zerosuitsamus:
-1: :fox: :sheilda:
0: :gw: :kirby2: :peach: :pit: :sheik: :toonlink:
1: :lucario: :marth: :snake: :sonic: :yoshi2:
2: :falcon: :ike: :jigglypuff: :lucas: :luigi2: :rob: :wario: :zelda:
3: :ganondorf: :link2: :ness2: :mario2: :pt: :samus2: :wolf:
4: :bowser2: :dk2:

Care to try again?

And Facey, you really put Hyro in your list of names..? Hyro hasn't won a tournament that Lee has been in here in LA ever since he started playing with us. And if he has, then it's only been like once out of like 30 tournaments.

There's also this thing that some Top Tier Mains have issues with called matchup inexperience. For instance, I just beat RSIA's Melee Fox with Kirby, of all characters. Does that mean Kirby can beat Fox? No. It means that he didn't know how to play the matchup as Fox, but I knew the matchup with Kirby.

'V'

Smash Lord
MK has an advantage on DDD oh well...DDD hard counters like 3 characters and MK doesn't even do that.
Oh I read your post, alright. MK has more 2's, 3's, AND the same amount of 4's that Dedede has.

MK doesn't even need infinite grabs to hard counter people. So like I said before, "care to try again?"

Okuser

Smash Ace
Oh I read your post, alright. MK has more 2's, 3's, AND the same amount of 4's that Dedede has.

MK doesn't even need infinite grabs to hard counter people. So like I said before, "care to try again?"
cite more arbitrary numbers please. snake vs ddd is AT LEAST a 2 (40:60), ddd vs donkey kong is 90:10, just like falco vs ganondorf but they wont go past a 4 to keep the list from being bloated, the list means nothing.

'V'

Smash Lord
Don't worry about it. Okuser's really terrible at discussing things. He doesn't even know what he puts in his own posts. I thought he was trolling at first, but turns out that's not the case. Behold, ignorance at its best.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Did you not even read what I posted? MK doesn't have infinite ****ing chain grabs on people.
The idiocy between you two is astounding, how do you expect to have a discussion when you're trying to distract from the actual topic by extrapolating irrelevant facets of the arguments.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Why don't you just pick up another character and learn how to play them? If you complain about how MK doesnt have an infinite chain grab, then what about everything else that MK can do that all the others can't.

BSP

Smash Legend
Well, D3 only really infinites DK and Bowser since he's got to pummel to other 3.

I've seen this discussed before. In terms of invalidating characters, MK > D3. Also, the 2 that D3 truly infinites also have terrible MK MUs, and the other 3 have debatably worse MUs against MK than D3, even with the infinite (Mario and Luigi, I can't speak for Samus)

Okuser

Smash Ace
Why don't you just pick up another character and learn how to play them? If you complain about how MK doesnt have an infinite chain grab, then what about everything else that MK can do that all the others can't.
OK I'm going to stop this right here, because EVERYTHING is being taken out of context. Here's how this whole thing went down.

.D: Low tiers can do just fine vs metaknight

V: a few mid/high characters (ddd) have bad matchups against metaknight! how could poor lucas ever hope to beat a MK!!!

Me: If the other player is better then they will be able to beat a MK, ESO's lucas beats me when he plays better. DDD has a bad matchup vs MK but he has incredibly good matchups vs some other characters

V: posts the Official Brawl Match up Chart to reveal (surprisingly) that metaknight is a superior character.

Me: DDD has infinites and pseudo infinites creating virtually unwinabble matchups for some of the caste. metaknight doesn't have anything like this but doesn't have any bad matchups either.

tl;dr The whole DDD discussion was pointless and irrelevant to the MK discussion, so just ignore it.

D3 is more beatable than MK, not to mention, every match-up MK has is equal or in his favor...
and yes I 100% realize this, I'm not in denial.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I think it's safe to say that MK being banned is up to the TO, if you can't handle that fact, then just don't attend the tourney. And if you do decide to come, don't ***** about it. If you have a secondary, use that and move on. It puzzles me how one can say their secondary is on par with their main or even talk about being good enough to be on the PR with another character and then try to fight so hard for something they have no control over.

Top Bottom