• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
If not enough entrants for Tekken 6 on Saturday, we will have a free/cheap (maybe $2/person) Waseda Doubles for Brawl. I really liked the idea. So I thought it'd be fun!

:phone:

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm sayin not likely because of receiving inside info on who you wish to partner with. They already gots one.
I kno lol.

I have BSL foreva tho.

Unless I get a legit teammate.

Also my computer broke.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Doubles going to be real hyped at BRM 2. Also, V, I wanted to MM you this weekend :(. I don't think we've ever played.

Edit: Jnig, I need your facebook page, bro. You can add Thomas Carter if you want. I go to LSU.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Y'all gon get wrecked by our double
Sonic team anyway.:awesome:

Btw since BSP is teaming with NiTEZ for low tier doubles anyone wanna team with me?

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
If not enough entrants for Tekken 6 on Saturday, we will have a free/cheap (maybe $2/person) Waseda Doubles for Brawl. I really liked the idea. So I thought it'd be fun!

Tekken gets canceled in more lafayette tourneys than any other series... and thats even when the games are actually new.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
MAR allow me to explain. Though we all play Smash and we discuss it occasionally, most of the topics in this thread will be various random topics.
That's bull****. The question was "Who is the hottest smasher?" That's a Smash related question, even if it's rhetorical. We all know who it is.

BSP

Smash Legend
If you guys have time to kill, go read Table's giant post in the competitive section

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317460

If you don't read the whole thing, at least read the "unified rulesets" section. And maybe the "communities" section too.

Everything Table said about communities is so right. It all starts with local, and once that falls apart, everything starts falling to pieces :/ For example, just imagine if you guys that were around when Lee was travelling a lot went with him....we'd be so much better and have stronger competition in La, which would attract more people to us, and cause us to want to compete more, etc. La smash would be booming. It's all at the roots.

It's these type of posts that make me question my own decisions so hard at times. What I got from Table's post is that everything comes from local communities. If locals flourish, everything flourishes. If they die, everything suffers. For that reason, I'm thinking I need to just ignore any bias I may have as a TO and pressure from Unity and just go with whatever rules will give us the most entrants. More entrants= bigger pot, more people to play, more friends to make....just better anything in general.

But, I don't want to jump to conclusions as usual. I really would like to see some defense for unification.....maybe I'm missing something that will really help in the long run, but atm, I'm with Table, and if it's hurting the roots (which it obviously is with the latest BRM#2 drama), it needs to go.

But like I said, not jumping to conclusions too fast. I need to see some defense for the Unified Ruleset.

theunabletable said:
We shouldn't squash the motivations, opinions, and influence of the Individual or the Local level for the sake of maybe improving the National Community. It's a self-defeating idea, and can (and does) weaken every level of community.
Edit: You know, a few weeks ago, my English teacher told me that he could tell I was a guy that liked straight answers. I told him a disagreed and that I was open to debate, but he said that he meant that I liked having a set, "right" answer. Boy, was he right :\

Top Bottom