• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Especially considering that NOM is our only consistent tournament series in Louisiana, moving it to a day where only Houma/Nola would be able to attend just screams "bad idea".

:phone:

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
yah, saturday or sunday is ideal. Friday's a nogo. I wonder if laser tag would let us hold monthly tournaments for like a $5 venue fee or something...

Sudai

Stuff here
OK, So it's like 5 or 6 people coming right now that I know of. Probably shouldn't have too many more people over but if a few more wanna come that's cool.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Not too late, just more like 6:30ish is my goal. xP

Also Cyphus, I can't blame you for wanting to see the world, learn new places and all that. Just make sure you stop on by and don't forget us. D:

Also, after NOM, is there another scheduled tourney? I've got thanksgiving obligations that day with my wife's family at our house lol.

Sudai

Stuff here
Uhhh, cool I guess. At this point someone may want to bring an extra TV.. lol

38093 Seven Oaks Ave.

If Laffy comes without r0ni, I'm making them turn around.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ground rules for Sudai's place:

Bring your own booze.
No smoking inside.
If your name is Curlz, you have to wear latex gloves if you want to touch anything at all in the house. My parents hate gingers.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yeah sorry. I tried to convince the rents to let me roll with you guys but it was negatory QQ

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I'll probably never be able to attend NOM again if its moved to Friday. My Mom doesn't really like goin on Saturday but Friday would be a definite no.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ken, if you wanna tag along, give me a call. 3372788137
I can pick you up on the way of you wanna come.

@Turaz - a pretty big deal considering I have no money until Friday.

Curlz

Smash Lord
@Ken, whoops. I forgot you don't live in Maurice anymore. My bad. XD

@Sandrine, I'm charging each person in my carpool $10. It's about a $40 trip to BR and back.

Edit: I'll make it work. Sudai, expect to see Laffy + Roni tonight.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I drive an escape, costs appx 40-50 bucks a fill up. Driving an hour to and then an hour back at most is 1/3rd a tank, maybe a half if traffic is hungry. Even then that's still 20-25 bucks. I get 22 miles to the gallon. Be nice. xP

Edit: that hr drive I'm talking about is generally new Orleans.

Im gonna try and leave work early. The shop shut down and I don't think I'll be needed any further.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm driving from Abbeville to Lafayette to BR then back. The extra miles add up. :-/
But like I said, I got it.
Does anyone else from Laffy want to go? Blaise, ChKn, Johnathon, ..........oath?

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm driving from Abbeville to Lafayette to BR then back. The extra miles add up. :-/
But like I said, I got it.
Does anyone else from Laffy want to go? Blaise, ChKn, Johnathon, ..........oath?

Nope.

Also, I know that I barely attend tournaments as it is, but NOM on Fridays sounds pretty bad lol.

D

Deleted member

i hope someone checks smash boards. if yall want to come afterparty at my place im down. smash is welcome but like, more so drinking and hanging out and watching kyle play skyrim

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Alright, so the basic consensus is no to Smash at FNF. Everyone that's going to this NOM needs to make sure to express their concerns/opinions to Ryck while he's there.

@Sapphire, the way Ryck put it, they would eliminate the Saturday tournament entirely. The gift cards would be nice, cept they'd probably be Dibbz gift cards...

@Sudai, I'm gonna get in contact with my brother first, then we will talk to Mike.

Man I'm missing out on all the fun...

Top Bottom