• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSP

Smash Legend
NOM was fun guys

Adam + Kat : IDK if you guys were messing around or not, but sorry for being so cold/serious; fighting wario will do that to you :\ (and partially due to the fact that I'm just usually like that unfortunately)

Fart and Uair >_<

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I don't know, but I am. After years of playing I think some people are just letting it go and picking up Marvel/Skyrim/Minecraft/Skyward Sword instead. It will probably continue to dwindle until Smash 4, in which there will be a massive revival of people trying to develop its metagames.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm not, and I don't plan on it until I feel like I've done everything I've wanted to do since I started Smash

There are a lot of other good games out now as Sapphire said, so people are probably just on those for a while until they drift back to smash

'V'

Smash Lord
I would have to agree. During NOM, I was talking with Batto and Adam and we all agreed that it was all about Marvel now. Lee also wasn't very excited about having to leave the Marvel setup to play Brawl, which I actually found rather hilarious. The sad thing is that it's fun to hang with our smash community. Maybe if everyone switched along with us to Marvel and just waited for Smash 4, it would probably still work out.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's what I've heard about Skyrim

If everyone switches, I guess I'll try to too. I'll have to acquire MVC3 first though, and then maybe try to get live again so I don't have to travel to practice against others. I still like brawl though, and I hope it doesn't die.

Any word on the Friday vs. Saturday thing?

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Can't replace the magic of the first month a fighter is out. Game's still got that new game smell

BSP

Smash Legend
I would change "did" to "is". Melee's still going

And looking at the rest of the US, there's still a decent amount of brawl tournaments with decent turnout. I don't see it lasting 10 years either, but we'll see how far it goes.

Although, after Apex, if MK mains quit, we will shrink a little bit

Curlz

Smash Lord
I was actually tellig my friends that I'm stepping away from Smash for MvC3 until Smash 4 came out.
Brawl just isn't fun anymore. :(

Edit: inb4playmelee
I don't like melee either.

:phone:

Savon

Smash Ace
Who cares. ITS MAHVEL BABY!!

Super Skrull can cross up so easily with his jumping S it is not even funny. Anyways it is always wiser to just go with the flow and not try to keep a game alive that people are not interested in. If brawl/melee begin to become less interesting in the face of new games then so be it. That is just how things go at times

:phone:

Turazrok

Smash Master
Taylor I managed to snag a captains spot in the lol tourney.

I got you on my team np np

BSP

Smash Legend
Hey melee players

The consecutive hits in training mode tells you whether or not what you're doing is a true combo right?

I'm experimenting with melee atm. I think that if I give a little time to it each day, the physics won't feel nearly as foreign and I'll be able to give it a shot.

Top Bottom