• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Those are all awesome Sudai. I feel bad for people who can't enjoy Excel Saga.

PGSM isn't awesome though, and I haven't even seen it. Sometimes, you just know.

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
people who don't like excel saga are clearly insane. other random *** animes include

Cromartie High School
Azumanga Diaoh

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Yeh, TehPh1r3PwnzJ00, Im just a random marth newb who shows up every once in a while at those stinky gametrader tournies where kids think they are good because they can do peach's down smash. (although I havent gone in like a year) But eh.

-edit-

and omg Im bored somebody tell me when you guys are going to dibbz or something

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Dude, This is what happens whenI leave....****, LA Smash is a drama fest for the last few pages.

Anyway, I got news from the University of Arizona. I will be accepted back. However my dad

(who is in Pensacola), wants me to go to ITT Tech, where I dont want to go cause my degree

I want isn't there. but If I did go, The close one to my father house is in: Baton Rouge. So, idk.

It's kinda in the sky at the moment.

I read Taylor's Longass post and I enjoyed the read. I never knew about Tay's life before I

met him. i understand how Taylor feels when I play him. I guess when I fought him, I never

tryed to show myself to him seriously enough to show thatI had enough skill to hang with

the big boys I guess. Well, I have somin to look foward to when I come back.

Taylor I challenge you to a criticism match. If I win You got to stop criticizing people, and if I

lose, I will be nickn00b forever. i'll make it a 5 dollar money match just to give you an

incentive. Next time I see you Taylor

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
everyone who plays maplestory should restart on Scania...
It's the cool thing to do.

Random Animes:
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
Full Metal Alchemist
X-TV
RahXephon
Escaflowne: The Vision of Escaflowne
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Some funny anime I enjoyed:
  • Puni Puni Poemi - (sequel of sorts to excel saga, which was already suggested)
  • Dokuro-chan - (short at only 4 episodes, but hilarious)
  • Ebichu - (the show I learned "manko" from ^_^)
  • Girls Bravo - (harem anime I made this sig from)
  • Magical Shopping Arcade Abinobashi - (underneath all the comedy is a serious story that plays out. Certain episodes are completely serious, like the first one which kind of throws you off but it's important to set up the story.)
  • Nurse Witch Kogumi - (mostly a parody of magical girl anime)
  • Inukami - (I haven't actually watched it yet, but it looks pretty crazy)

Mary

Smash Rookie
hey kyle i hope you dont think im stealing your controller. i will get it back to you but i havent been in br for a long while. im supposed to go up sometime this week so ill give you a call when i go up.

p.s. why are there so many more posts on this thread than any other

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I forgot about that Patrick, it's been a long time. Anyway, I've been trying to call you to tell you the details about the apartment, but I guess I'll just post it here so you can consider it. Right now the only bills are 450 for the rent, electricity, and the cable internet bill which is something like 30 I think. We'd just split it all 50/50. Just call me if you have a question.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
rofl. nicknyte comes in with the largest john of all. he wasnt even trying! lol!
guess he wasnt trying when vaughn beat him with pichu either heh.
i gladly accept your match, way more for the rights to call you nicknoob forever than for the 5$. best 2/3.

i love how manko comes in with crazy awesome animes. i donno if yall have scene it but u should watch paranoia agent. it's only 13 episodes and if uve ever wondered what its like to trip on lsd.... that anime will give u an idea.

and yeah i totally didnt wake up early enough to come over. im going to be moving a few things then im going to whole foods but if anyone wants to smash or play ddr at like 3:30- 4 give me a call.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
man ive been watching vids since my last post and i think we totally have a shot in crews. i think each of us even have a good chance at making it to the brackets but idk something about an la team like that makes me think we'll win.
cyphus id really rather be on your team. i mean you're atleast somewhat known so while u probably wouldnt be able to get a super pro you could probably attract a good player to you team, while no one knows me so id probably end up with kyle or something (no offense kyle). we totally should stick with another la team giving us 2x the chance of placing high in teams, and i have the perfect team name. lee and jon will be magical unicorns and we'll be....

magical unicorns, Twice... for no reason!

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
So there was a lightning storm around my house while i was sleeping and it feels like it messed up my brain or sumthing. It like sucks

So does anyone want me to come to baton rouge today or tomorow????? i dont know if its gonna be raining or whatever, but im feeling alot of love from the smash communitty

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
That's cool. Our thread is so awesome that the Florida folks read and post in it. It's alright, we accept everyone. Except Texas, hell with Texas.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Omfg at "Desert Punk"

You live in Metairie/Kenner right Battousai? I think I might remember you from a gametrader tournament a time ago.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
iunno..lee and john are gonna team cuz they're aesome like that, and now they've had some good team experience, i'm sure they'll get to their 2nd pool easy, and probably squeeze into the 3rd.
we're just gonna get *****. who would we even use?
doc and ice are both horrible in teams...so i'll go ganon. i think falco isn't as great as fox or marth in teams...but like..just use who u want.
it doesn't rly matter to me. i'm equally interested in teaming up w/ someone random that i know from other tournaments and just go Doc and have fun w/ it.
Theres slim to none chance we'll do nearly as good as Lee+John, so i'm happy w/ just watching that, as our lil "LA Team" sail as far as it can go...and not to deal with additional pressure.
if its more "LA team" you want...we really have Crews for that.

i've been studying the Crew Rules (ya'll should too)

CREW BATTLE RULES
Stages on for random: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
Stages on for counterpicks: All neutrals, Battlefield, FoD, Rainbow Cruise, DK64, Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, MKII

Number of Stock: For this tournament, each team will receive 15 stock, split in advance between their membership, down to the finals of the winner’s and loser’s bracket, where it will be upped to 20. Stock must be split as even as possible.

[...edited out not imprt]
Each crew will put together a team of 4-6 people. Before each match begins, determine each player’s character and write it down on a Crew Lineup Card.
You also must determine your initial player. The first match is between the first two people written on the list, and the initial stage is random with one stage ban each.

After one player loses, the team that lost picks another member of their team to go in. He must play the character he chose beforehand, but has the choice of either picking a stage or choosing to go random. If he chooses a stage, the other player may change his character, but if it is random, then both characters are fixed. The person who won must kill himself at the start as many times as he died in the previous match. Give a 1-2-3-Go, and begin fighting again! Play continues until one crew has defeated all the other crew’s lives.

so 4-6 people
Lee, Cyphus, John, Taylor....
I think we should send out Lee first, since fox has the least counterpicks and best odds at gaining the first lead..which sets us up the rest of the set for being 1 counterpick extra.
It also depends on the team we're facing though. (if i have alot of knowledge on those players, their characters, etc...we can, before initiatving battle, choose to send someone else out (like john) if they don't have an awesome sheik player)
stages are random-neutral...but at anytime, you can choose the level, at the cost of your opnent changing characters.
Its a risky trick...but i'm willing to pick Corneria/MK2/FD/MuteCity for my Doc, knowing my oponents main character and whether they aren't likely to fallback on a 2ndary.
Example...send me out against a Marth main. I pick FD...he stays. its way better than going random. If he changes...the worst he can do it capt/peach...but no marth players use those, lol.
Example 2. i get pinned into being set out against a falco. I pick MuteCity...he stays falco: better that than random. OR...he changes character to Jigs, but how mains Falco and has confidence/has need for using Jigs?...i'm positive its a rare thing for anyone to change characters on the stage pick unless its something ******** obvious like a fox picking corneria agains a jigs.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I've been feeling really lazy in smash, but being left out makes me want to get better. Don't be a noob and play more ms tonight Taylor. Call me and let's see if I can get better.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
4 people splitting 15 stock is mean enough...cuz 1 person will only get 3 stock <_<
volunteers?...taylor :O

5 people on crews is 3 stock a person...which is like...not a huge problem i guess
but then we have 2 marths/1 doc...which leaves our team 3/5 characters weak to sheik, and in addition: its natural that when playing someone unfarmiliar and awesome...the person who has the greater chance of getting owned will be person least experienced, Kyle. ;-/
i mean i love you kyle...and in 90% the cases, if we lose/win it won't be because you were there are weren't there, but...the question is our goal.
Do we want to "represent LA the best" or "represent the best LA"...??

i know all what i just said makes sense. and you know i love u, kyle.
and i although i'm practically team captain cuz i know more about the players we'll be playing, decisions in crews will come with the blessing of the collected members...including hopefully the opinions of how our crew stands....Lee, Taylor?..impressions? Talk about all the aspects of the crew battle please.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
i didnt read all that because me and kyle are about to play smash but we should totally team. i wouldnt say we'd get ***** and maybe u should be doc. ill be fox/marth/samus which is who i was at inn5 and me and eet did surprisingly well. ive gotten alot better at teams. idk if i should get 3 stocks. maybe jon? idk we should have matches to feel out the current best players. but obviously lee should get 4. ill read it and post more after me and kyle play a few games.

imo marth is the easiest to be counterpicked. no one rly counters falco, fox, or doc. and i feel rly confident vs jon and marths in general. and vs samus. and vs ganon but lee might be just as good vs ganon. i agree for lee to be first most of the time but maybe jon on some exceptions. no offense to kyle also but crews is about overwhelming your opponent and losing as few stocks as possible. i think we 4 would be the best choice.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
You misunderstood me Cyphus. I'm not resentful or thinking you made a bad decision. It just makes me want to get better.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i figured that...but i felt compelled to explain myself anyway so there was no holes in communication, i guess..iunno.

we should alternate who gets 3 stock, depending on the oposing team..however it suits us best.
Like if the oposing team has awesome Peaches and Capts...then i'll honorably take the 3 stock, since i'll probably be at the greatest risk of team cost.
If it has a sheik/marth bias, then John should get 3.
And elsehow, you should prolly go w/ 3, since you haven't been serious w/ falco as long as our mains.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
lol. because obviously whos been playing the longest will be the best. i agree that who takes the 3 stocks should be decided for each match. but idk. maybe kyle should be on the team. hes been beating my falco like 75% of out matches tonight and he plays like freaking ken. he did lose the last few rounds to my falcon though but we should decide on a team when we all get together for the tourney. if hes not included though i still think marth is the easiest to beat. good fox, sheik or other marth all could destroy him. idk i just think it should be decided per match up.

nvm im ****** him again lolz
but im also learning smash di. i guess i forgot how to edge gaurd marth for a little while or got intimidated when he won a few. idk hes still rly good but its up in the air if hes on the team or not.

yeah he beat me like 75% of our first set of matches. then i beat him like 75% of our second matches. we ended like my 102 kos to his 100 kos. but i kidna learned how to / remembered how to edge gaurd marth on the second set so i think thats how the match will actually go. he's good but yeah probably just us 4 for teams.

Sudai

Stuff here
So like...I had forgotten how aweasome girls are...and uhh...Erica reminded me? So yeah, I probably won't be smashing as much...but like, if you call me or something and I'm free, I'll come play?

Yay for girls. I think she saved me from being completely gay as I was getting to the point where I didn't want to deal with girls in relationships~ XP

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
did i not tell you sudai, i thought you were going to eventually be just gay?
hm...

and thats my point taylor, u were losing to kyle/going even...but then u started doing better. You're still developing your falco game against character-specific situations. what happens if you're initial playstyle doesn't work?...your mind can go blank.
my ganon usually beats kyle, doc usually beats kyle, etc. If anything, he'll win a set from all super close matches...but 75% the time would surprise the **** out of me if i lost that much.

and i listed just me and lee, because we're the most likely to get picked for the teams. Because of the fact that we have done the best in tournies and impressed the most good players. I'm just being realistic about it, because, as you can see now, they already have 7 people...and with 3 remaining...its not going to be anyone from LA, or i'll be shocked.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
The hell does everyone else have a relationship and work and still have time for smash . . .

I haven't gotten a chance to play anyone in forever. X_x

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
kyle is getting better and so fast. he said he went even with you at your house in houma. winning the first series of 3/5, then losing the second series of 3/5, and winning about 50% of the friendlies. ive never had this problem before i just wasnt edge gaurding. then i went back to beating him most of the matches. even if you averaged out the wins i still won about half the time but once my game was on track i won most, but it seems like you won 50% no matter what? i hadnt played smash in a while, at fc i will be focused. im not rly going to feel bad if i get 3 stocks sometimes, but if it costs us a match where i feel i wouldve been better suited for 4 im not going to be happy. it still needs to be decided per match.

and all the matches were super close.

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't work anymore.

But today....my mom woke me up just to tell me I got a 29 on the ACT....pissin' me off...Anyway, she wants me to take that **** again, but go to a review class or some **** so I can do better? Whatever ho...Unforgivable...

But no, I'm kinda mad that I on;y got a 29 cause that means no MIT (need a 31 or better to get in) but like...according to this little thingy, I still did better than 97% of peoplei n Louisiana and 95% better than people across the US...so yeah...happy.

Cyphus, you said it, and I was skeptical at first..but I'm gonna strive to make you wrong!!

1000th post...Yay?

Sudai

Stuff here
I know Taylor, I probably wouldn't get in even if I had gotten llke a 34 or something. I'm planning to go to ULL actually. They have a better environment for people wanting to go into something with computers and I'm a computer nerd..so yeah..

Anyway, call if you want to talk. I'm about to go hang out with Erika again.. unfunf

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
i almost applied to MIT, but decided that even if by some miracle i did get in with my GPA it would just be a waste of my time (since i don't try hard and don't buy into competitive schooling)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude, MIT is ********. My friend got a 238 on his PSAT and a 1560 on his SAT and was valiant victorian and didnt' get in. Also, the admissions director there was fired because she was a fraud, and she let in people who clearly weren't qualified to get in because of some dumb liberal education stance.

Anyways, yeah even if you did get in, there's probably no way for you to pay for it. :/ I got a 31 on my ACT and was a national merit finalist and only got about 20,000 tops for scholarships from the colleges I applied to. But then again, most of the scholarships I got I didn't really apply for, so if I went after the other scholarships those schools had plus financial aid I could have probably could have afforded them. >_> But that means I have to go and write like even more essays for college which would be . . . ********.

So I don't want to sound like a downer, but you want to really think about where your scores will get you the most money since colleges are ****ing expensive and there are a lot of private schools out there who don't really care how poor you are. :/ There are a lot of really elitist schools out in America, so don't try to set your sights on just purely high name schools.

If you get good money into a public school that ranks top 50, that'll be fine. Um, G-tech comes to mind. (But they don't give scholarships really. Of like 16 kids in my school that got in, 0 of us got a scholarship even though we had an average ACT score of like 33 and most of us were National merit finalists >_> But you can become a resident and pay instate). Other than that, UT is really good but they don't really give out scholarships either. But if you're a NMF, they will let you pay the instate tuition and give you like $100 scholarship. >_> And UFL is really good but pretty hard to get in. But if you're a NMF and get in, they'll pay, like, everything. But don't make the same mistake I did and expect to automatically get in . . . You actually had to put in effort cause they don't auto-accept unlike other NMF-friendly schools.

Also, my future roommate just talked to me on facebook. =O

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Omfg at "Desert Punk"

You live in Metairie/Kenner right Battousai? I think I might remember you from a gametrader tournament a time ago.
Yeah. I don't like people watching me play at those tournies though. I haven't really played at any tournies and I get nervous. I play so much worse at the tournies just cause of sheer nervousness. Im sure if I played you guys 1v1 for fun or whatever I would do so much better. Now to mention, back at the tourney I sucked compared to now. :] But eh, I live in Destrehan, so Kenner/Metairie is only a 15 min ride. If you're looking for someone to play against, its me. :] Plus Im 15, so this whole "I have a job/girlfriend/my life is ruined" thing doesn't apply to me. I play smash all teh time xD

-edit-

Congrats, Sudai, for liking girls again. xD I guess it's not my place to judge, but it makes me feel better. I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm not really looking for anything, but thanks for the words. : )

I'm actually probably heading down to Hahnville tomorrow or next weekend, so I might be able to stop by and play you some time. :D

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, its been a while huh. Well I got nothing to say really, just been practiceing. Oh and If you guys could call me at my number which is 225-910-0519, and just give me a heads up when things are gettong busy or a tourney is getting close.
THE SKA-MAN HAS SPOKEN!!!!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Top Bottom