• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

'V'

Smash Lord
While having confidence is a good thing, overconfidence is an entirely different subject. There's always one key fact that MOST players (not just the confident ones) keep forgetting about:

Knowing their limitations.

The metagame is always changing, so no one can ever know for sure that they're going to win based off of watch they watch at one tournament or anything. This is not just for Brawl. It's for EVERY competitive game.

Modesty is always the better route when it comes to being a good and better player and is respected by most other players. Having the attitude of going in and doing your best makes for a much better atmosphere than going in solely to beat the other person. It's better to go and have a good time than to potentially draw up bad blood like what's going on right now.

I also speak this from experience as I actually have been and still am one of the best DDR players in the state.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Hey Lee, if I end up heading down towards N.O. and B.R. this weekend, you think you have time to MM me in Smash 64?

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Thank you Savon, Mura, and NiTEZ atleast someone knows where I'm coming from. Freddy quit riding Lee's **** and VforExtreme I'm not being overconfident I'm just saying that if I keep training I could beat Lee. I see that most of LA has given up on catching Lee but just bcuz u all have thrown in the towel doesn't mean I will too. Lee I called u those names cuz thats how u sound, I'd like to think that u aren't a **** but ur attitude makes u sound like one. Instead of putting players like BSP and myself down u guys should be encouraging us to try and beat Lee. Lee needs more opponents that will make him work for his wins, so far its only JNig. Ain't nothing wrong with me thinking that with enough practice I can beat Lee.

champ21bell

Smash Cadet
^ (at Brawlman) smashboards need a like button. And if u wake up feeling really good saturday, enter the tourney as "f@$% Lee Martin" like I use to do.

Ps. Sudai thanks, and we have never formally met but we played in tournament once at gay and trade in baton rouge. I play as Luigi, remember? I enter tournament under my real name (jonathan) that's probably why every1 on hear is like "who is this champ kid?"

:phone:

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Champ, that's the reason why nobody knows who I am until I clarify the situation. I've met loads of people, a few times each, and they never remember me.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Thank you Savon, Mura, and NiTEZ atleast someone knows where I'm coming from. Freddy quit riding Lee's **** and VforExtreme I'm not being overconfident I'm just saying that if I keep training I could beat Lee. I see that most of LA has given up on catching Lee but just bcuz u all have thrown in the towel doesn't mean I will too. Lee I called u those names cuz thats how u sound, I'd like to think that u aren't a **** but ur attitude makes u sound like one. Instead of putting players like BSP and myself down u guys should be encouraging us to try and beat Lee. Lee needs more opponents that will make him work for his wins, so far its only JNig. Ain't nothing wrong with me thinking that with enough practice I can beat Lee.
No one doubts that with enough training you could beat Lee. I will however present you with a brief history of Lee's training:

Playing the game before it was released and winning the first LA tourney. During which time, he practiced the **** out of the game to win said tourney.

Constantly ****ing playing Brawl... too much. Constantly playing Brawl in other states with people much better than those here.

How to compete?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
nerds have very complex inferiority problems. all the top players are *******es.
lee's a ******* who has more problems than someone who wants to be good at brawl ,(brawlmanwhateveryournameis).
just go learn the **** out of the game and get on lee martin's level and dont care what people with pyshcological issues have to say about it, brawlman2000. it wil make you happy to be able to be on lee's level and that is totally possible with training. i see no problem with someone who will achieve happiness by achieving personal goals. and you can do it. i did it. im the same way. i just want to know as much as pros know about the game. for me its a personal goal type of thing and i encourage that. just do it man its not that hard.

pros aint that much better than you and they know it aint THAT hard to get good so just do it and prove 1. reach your goal 2. show them that there is no REAL reason why they should be acting like an elitist cuz this game aint THAT hard. its just pathetic the way pros are. talk about real pyschological issues dude im being serious lol.

edit: and lee can come on here and be like "Im not like that LOL you guys are stupid LOL" but you guys realize that doesnt change anything right? dude.is.a.*******. straight up and everyone knows it. i can tell from seeing him once LOL all of them are the same.

-Ran

Smash Master
Confidence is fine, but don't back away from a statement that you make. It is better to lose a Money Match after saying you can beat someone, than to cower away from the situation. At least you'd garner respect for attempting to back up your claims rather than slinking away. If anyone ever caught up to Lee in Brawl, he'd probably just apply effort for a month and re-polish himself to his national level. That's of course, if the money or the hit to his ego was worth the effort.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Hey Lee, if I end up heading down towards N.O. and B.R. this weekend, you think you have time to MM me in Smash 64?
Sure

With enough practice you could beat me..., but that isn't what you said at first in the LOST thread. You changed what you said and called me bad **** when all i did was call you out on you saying you could beat my zss with sonic.

nerds have very complex inferiority problems. all the top players are *******es.
lee's a ******* who has more problems than someone who wants to be good at brawl ,(brawlmanwhateveryournameis).
just go learn the **** out of the game and get on lee martin's level and dont care what people with pyshcological issues have to say about it, brawlman2000. it wil make you happy to be able to be on lee's level and that is totally possible with training. i see no problem with someone who will achieve happiness by achieving personal goals. and you can do it. i did it. im the same way. i just want to know as much as pros know about the game. for me its a personal goal type of thing and i encourage that. just do it man its not that hard.

pros aint that much better than you and they know it aint THAT hard to get good so just do it and prove 1. reach your goal 2. show them that there is no REAL reason why they should be acting like an elitist cuz this game aint THAT hard. its just pathetic the way pros are. talk about real pyschological issues dude im being serious lol.

edit: and lee can come on here and be like "Im not like that LOL you guys are stupid LOL" but you guys realize that doesnt change anything right? dude.is.a.*******. straight up and everyone knows it. i can tell from seeing him once LOL all of them are the same.
You have completely failed to describe me, dumb ****. You can't even spell psychological and I certainly don't have issues or complex inferiority problems.(<-- LOL What) I almost didn't respond to this.. but you are a ****ing moron. Pro's know it ain't that hard to get good... That's also completely false... I traveled oos many many times trying to get better so I know how hard it is. Just stay in the Alabama thread, your making yourself look realllllly dumb bc everyone here knows me and I'm really cool with 95% of the players here so your not changing anyones opinion. Way to try and judge me so hard on seeing me once.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Dis trash talk.

From the times that I've talked to Lee, he a pretty cool guy lol. He's the Champ. He's gonna do everything in his power to remain dominant over the scene if that's what he wants to do, but as a whole, we haven't really pushed Lee to the brink. He puts in more work in this game than we do and he's been getting the benefits.

I do give props to the newer(like 2010 and beyond) batch of guys trying to make your mark on the scene. Just don't back down.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
confidence is fine, but don't back away from a statement that you make. It is better to lose a money match after saying you can beat someone, than to cower away from the situation. At least you'd garner respect for attempting to back up your claims rather than slinking away.
this....^^^

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
It is better to lose a Money Match after saying you can beat someone, than to cower away from the situation. At least you'd garner respect for attempting to back up your claims rather than slinking away.
That definitely wasn't the case in Turaz vs. Avery. :troll:

I've got more respect for people showing restraint, not letting anger make them do stupid things like challenge someone they know they can't beat to a money match.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Batto, -Ran already gave us the history of how Lee got so good. I am not ignorant to the fact that there is a huge gap between Lee and myself but that doesn't mean that I should just give up like u and others may have. Yes, I do think that I could beat Lee eventually but I ain't doing a MM cuz I'm still not ready for one yet. When I start doing better in bracket matches and friendlies then maybe a MM. I'm glad to know alot of u guys got my back on this one cuz even tho Lee is really hard hes not unbeatable. Practice, research, and experience are things I'm gonna need alot of if I wanna catch Lee.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
That definitely wasn't the case in Turaz vs. Avery. :troll:

I've got more respect for people showing restraint, not letting anger make them do stupid things like challenge someone they know they can't beat to a money match.
Except him and Bsp said they could beat my zss in The LOST results thread..does nobody read what I type. If they felt they could beat it they would mm, otherwise its scrubby **** talk.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Lee is awesome as hell. Anyone that thinks otherwise has only seen him argue with people. When he argues he acts like a ****. lol
This is true... I'm always brutally honest...

I'll see if I feel like heading out to the Brawl tourney in BR on Saturday, otherwise I'll just kind of wing it and hope we can get it done. I'm pretty flexible on the location.
Word.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Lee I'm not about to do something so stupid as to challenge u to a mm knowing what the results of it will most likely be. I need to get better but until then I will NOT mm u. As far as Lee being an *** goes I don't know much about him but from the few times I have seen him he seems pretty cool. But hes let all his success go to his head and over SWF he comes across as an arrogant jack***. But irl I think hes an ok dude.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Lee I'm not about to do something so stupid as to challenge u to a mm knowing what the results of it will most likely be. I need to get better but until then I will NOT mm u. As far as Lee being an *** goes I don't know much about him but from the few times I have seen him he seems pretty cool. But hes let all his success go to his head and over SWF he comes across as an arrogant jack***. But irl I think hes an ok dude.
I don't really care about the mm or the money. I was simply calling you out on you saying you could beat my zss, when now your saying you know what the results would most likely be. If you know you would lose why talk **** and say you could beat my zss? Thats all i'm getting at.

Candul

Smash Cadet

Lee is not a **** until people just start tossing his name around and assuming things about him. ******

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
I didn't check smashboards for one day and so much salt happens. It's pretty entertaining tho, keep it up lol. Lee I'll be at dibbz Friday, I wanna play more friendlies

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm gonna test the waters here...

Yo, Lee. You suck. I'm calling you out. I don't care about your PR dominance, your MLG placement, or your ability to play multiple characters at a high level.

MM? My DDD vs. your anything? 5 bucks, *****.

Let's make it Melee, too. My Sheik vs. your...uh, anything? 5 dollars.

/joking

Smooth Criminal

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I could beat your Zamus with enough practice but not now. Btw I said I know what the results would MOST LIKELY be I didn't say I know I'm gonna lose its just that I most likely would. If we're gonna play then let it be in friendlies ok?

champ21bell

Smash Cadet
(At chicken) I wanta get some practice for sat and I heard u r really good, do u want to paly brawl today(now) I go to ull too and live right off campus

ChKn

Smash Ace
(At chicken) I wanta get some practice for sat and I heard u r really good, do u want to paly brawl today(now) I go to ull too and live right off campus

I haven't played in a long *** time and I'm pretty busy with school work. Blaise might be up for it though. He can get you ready better than I can.

Top Bottom