• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't play ranked. I would if I had a solid 5s team but they always wind up flaking so **** it.

I do have >2k games since the game released and >3k during open beta. If that gives you a perspective on my LoL experience. I will say with out a doubt, the game is really ****ing easy, especially when you compare it to dota and HoN

Battousai780

Smash Ace
It's pretty much easy cause I'm good at it, and everyone else sucks. No sarcasm. The only time it's hard occurs when your teammates suck, since LoL is a team game.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I don't play ranked. I would if I had a solid 5s team but they always wind up flaking so **** it.

I do have >2k games since the game released and >3k during open beta. If that gives you a perspective on my LoL experience. I will say with out a doubt, the game is really ****ing easy, especially when you compare it to dota and HoN
That's an assload of games.

It's easy because I literally went from scrub to good in ~2 months. When I say scrub, when I first started I went 0-20 with Morde multiple times (and this was pre nerf). Now I'm legit.

Also, randomly in honor of the late, great Bernie Mac: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFaaVrqxqTc

D

Deleted member

if you think the game is hard, then you probably think brawl is hard.

i was 15XX ranked with 30+ ranked games solo last season, but i grow tired of the LoL gayness. ive only played one ranked game this season. my current win/loss is 788/688

Okuser

Smash Ace
if you think the game is hard, then you probably think brawl is hard.

i was 15XX ranked with 30+ ranked games solo last season, but i grow tired of the LoL gayness. ive only played one ranked game this season. my current win/loss is 788/688
I was 1800 last season with hundreds of ranked games and played with top level players on a constant basis.

This season I'm already almost back up to 1700 and play with top players all of the time. Some noteworthy people that I've played with only in the past week would include: Reginald, Dyrus, Doublelift, Vman7, Saintvicious and quite a few others.

Most people are completely unaware but, there is a lot of intrinsic depth to the game, there's an insane amount of high level strategy/skillsets that 99.9% of the player base have never been exposed to.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I was 1800 last season with hundreds of ranked games and played with top level players on a constant basis.

This season I'm already almost back up to 1700 and play with top players all of the time. Some noteworthy people that I've played with only in the past week would include: Reginald, Dyrus, Doublelift, Vman7, Saintvicious and quite a few others.

Most people are completely unaware but, there is a lot of intrinsic depth to the game, there's an insane amount of high level strategy/skillsets that 99.9% of the player base have never been exposed to.
It's hard to understand without playing it at a high level, but yes, he speaks the truth.

D

Deleted member

you're entitled to your opinion, but the real argument is over the word "hard"

if i had played more ranked, i assure you i would have been higher, but even still solo queue doesnt show true skill.

i agree that the game takes some certain skills that some players might not see, but i disagree with the random statistic of 99.9%
it's mostly about intelligence and team communication. i think way more players could be 'top players' but dont have 5 man teams that they practice with regularly.

being a relatively pro gamer in many games, and studying top level play among a number of different types, LoL is the easiest of all of them. if you challenge me, try and get good at starcraft or starcraft2 as quickly as you got good at LoL. or even melee for that matter. the learning curve just isn't high at all. i could list more examples but it is irrelevant. this game just isnt that 'hard' in respect to other game designs.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

if i had played more ranked, i assure you i would have been higher, but even still solo queue doesnt show true skill.

i agree that the game takes some certain skills that some players might not see, but i disagree with the random statistic of 99.9%
it's mostly about intelligence and team communication. i think way more players could be 'top players' but dont have 5 man teams that they practice with regularly.

being a relatively pro gamer in many games, and studying top level play among a number of different types, LoL is the easiest of all of them. if you challenge me, try and get good at starcraft or starcraft2 as quickly as you got good at LoL. or even melee for that matter. the learning curve just isn't high at all. i could list more examples but it is irrelevant. this game just isnt that 'hard' in respect to other game designs.
This, I would love to get mah fingaz in that $5.5mil prize pool though.

Jio dressed like Kirby every day.
wait, what?

Okuser

Smash Ace

Learning curve is irrelevant to any argument about the depth of a game. I'm a competitive CS and TF2 player cevo-m esea-im and cali-m. I come from a background of competitive team games not 1v1 such as yourself. Would you consider CS a hard game? Harder than LoL? Why? It has less mechanics/ variables than LoL but has a huge skill cap.

The best comparison is TF2, people will easily dismiss it as "easy" and "casual" just like you do with LoL. The competitive side of the game which 99.9% of the public server players don't even know exist, has an incredible amount of depth.

D

Deleted member

i have so many things to say, but im kinda drunk and i wont want to come off as an *** or miss speak so im going to post an educated response when i wake up.

but i want do want to clarify that im not trying to diminish your skill by saying 'this game is so easy to be good at trololol you suck.' its about being compared to other games ive experienced and this one being easier to learn than most others. you may be really good at LoL which does take a certain amount of practice/ingenuity/creativity/ect, and im not trying to take that away from you so dont be offended or defensive. it's just not as hard to get to that "top level" as it is in other games. (once again not saying its EASY, just not as hard) like i said, ill go into detail in the morning.

but if you do think LoL is the hardest game to be good at, you're probably not as good as you think you are.

also::
None of you noobs can beat me at WoW
dude, i can never tell if you're serious. but this sounds absolutely ********.

gnight all

Candul

Smash Cadet
doesnt suprise me that you would think that lol is serious if you played serious wow. Both rely heavily on teamwork, knowledge, and playing the comp that needs to be nerfed the most at the time.

'V'

Smash Lord
So I'm gonna be going to Voodoo Smash this Saturday. Anyone gonna be going to Fight Night at Dibbz this Friday night? I wanna get some Melee and Brawl in. I wouldn't mind some MvC3 as well.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I might show up at Dibbz on Friday. I'm planning on taking a road trip down to the N.O. area either this weekend or next. I play Melee.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Shoulda just played Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

But on a non-troll note, watching Mikehaze's emotionless face and the lips desynching from the audio was srsly funny.

11. 5/31 falcon is now the least played character with 25 uses marth is the 3rd most used and took a big lead over diddy.
11. 5/31 falcon is now the least played character

falcon least played character
I almost cried. Who would play such a game!?!?!?

Turazrok

Smash Master
I warn you I have played with the greats on a regular basis, super elite pros such as the great two hop adam and shuffle step savon. And I have bested them, even the great one leg master, willy declaren.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I think DoTA2 is gonna replace HoN and HoN will = Project Melee, but that's just a guess
Damn that was perfect.

And also wow, as much as I love brawl, a smash game where CAPTAIN FALCON is the absolute least played char just feels dirty to me >_<. That's like a SF game where Ken is the absolute least played char.

champ21bell

Smash Cadet
Great argument batto. You are pulling me closer to the anti-ban side. But my biggest gripe conserning Mk is not the fact that he is overpowered, my problem with him is that he is easier to play as than most of the cast. This fact doesn't effect Lee or even u to a degree because it's clear that y'all actually know how to play as Mk. Perfect example is Curlz. Every1 in our la smash community considers Curlz to be a terrible player yet he beats some of our best players occasionally. Why is this, because he plays Mk. Mk rewards players with low skill level to b good at the game. This is extremely frustrating for people like me and Bsp who have to play nearly perfectly to consistanly beat good Mk players (we have talked about this at many tourneys). And that is why I would accept him being banned.

:phone:

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Great argument batto. You are pulling me closer to the anti-ban side. But my biggest gripe conserning Mk is not the fact that he is overpowered, my problem with him is that he is easier to play as than most of the cast. This fact doesn't effect Lee or even u to a degree because it's clear that y'all actually know how to play as Mk. Perfect example is Curlz. Every1 in our la smash community considers Curlz to be a terrible player yet he beats some of our best players occasionally. Why is this, because he plays Mk. Mk rewards players with low skill level to b good at the game. This is extremely frustrating for people like me and Bsp who have to play nearly perfectly to consistanly beat good Mk players (we have talked about this at many tourneys). And that is why I would accept him being banned.

:phone:
I'm just going to say that MK requires effort. I literally put in the same ammount of effort when I play someone with Marth and with MK(and usually the results are the same.) As for Curlz, he is bad in some aspects of the game, but he does actually know a few things and how to perform them correctly, to his benefit. Also, I definitely lose sometimes to players worse than me more than occasionally. And to be fair, even with MK, I have to play PERFECT vs a few characters to win. Ex: Snake, Diddy, Wario.

Top Bottom