• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Savon

Smash Ace
GGs to everybody who was at Dibbz.

@Adam, Jio, Everett. I managed to pull some amazing **** and weasel my way out of this one. Clutch stuff. Clutch stuff.

Savon

Smash Ace
You're right. Too easy! :troll:

But seriously.... Expect a new PR coming soon. I'm kind of taking it upon myself to make a new panel since no one else on the current panel is responding/active.
Maybe rather than focusing on a PR that we do not need, we just focus on having more people together to play smash in general. That includes getting together a carpool system to get NO people to laffy/BR and vice versa. I am pretty sure most people just care about playing some smash against other good players rather than just doing smaller tournaments that cost money with results that can pretty much be consistently predicted.

This is why I agree with Ran doing smashfests. If people wanna see how good they are compared to somebody else just MM or something. That alone almost eliminates the need for tournaments since we can kinda gauge who is better than who pretty easily.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Maybe rather than focusing on a PR that we do not need, we just focus on having more people together to play smash in general. That includes getting together a carpool system to get NO people to laffy/BR and vice versa. I am pretty sure most people just care about playing some smash against other good players rather than just doing smaller tournaments that cost money with results that can pretty much be consistently predicted.

This is why I agree with Ran doing smashfests. If people wanna see how good they are compared to somebody else just MM or something. That alone almost eliminates the need for tournaments since we can kinda gauge who is better than who pretty easily.
Just do:

-Smashfest(2-3 hours)
-Brawl tournament
-Melee tournament
-MvC3 tournament

All in one day. Arcadia helped me to realize that after TSL2 last night.

Our PR would be in shambles anyways, since a few quit or are super inactive tournament wise.

BSP

Smash Legend
seems like the general consensus is that we don't need a PR?

I don't care really, what Savon said is pretty much true. Besides, minus Lee, La. is considered unknown/free to the rest of the community, so our PR don't mean much like NY or the calfornias

Fellow BR people, I should have a license and car by the end of summer (extremely convenient I know), so we should have transportation for locals, but as long as I'm under my parents' roof, OoT will most likely be a no go. I can't blame them though, gas is outrageous now >_<.

So...next Chinese Inn coming soon?

Turazrok

Smash Master
PR helps OoS seed when we travel.

Not that it happens often. Plus it gives new players something to strive for, even if you don't care right now.

BSP

Smash Legend
PR helps OoS seed when we travel.

Not that it happens often. Plus it gives new players something to strive for, even if you don't care right now.
To be the best of the unknown!

Serious question though: do we actually have new players? I rarely see any new faces at tournaments, and if we do, they don't really stick around.

We should probably promote the newcomers more.

Savon

Smash Ace
To be the best of the unknown!

Serious question though: do we actually have new players? I rarely see any new faces at tournaments, and if we do, they don't really stick around.

We should probably promote the newcomers more.
We are too busy trying to MM them knowing they can't win and being cliquish for them to want to stick around. Smashfests would promote newcomers like hell, but tournaments sure won't.

Turazrok

Smash Master
All the people I play brawl with refuse to go, thinking" I can't beat trey and there are people there who 2-0 him, **** that"

I don't get it. If they don't play people better than me, how can they beat me.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Now we're talkin'.

Share that **** with everyone and we shall make something really stupid and what-not. xP
I'm not an expert at how it works yet. I've only gotten it to work through Hamachi so far. Hamachi is a virtual network that connects computers in different places.

If you have it and know what to do with it, join the network called "TheMeleetist", password "herpyderp".

Then you should be able to connect to the server. The Ip address is 5.165.213.221:25565

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
10 points for savon.

It's much more fun for them to just play and see where they stand. Give them a chance to practice with the better players, that's how you get better. Drilling people into the ground doesn't encourage.

Eet, I'm down. Giant gamecube controller sounds balling.

Mura, I'm slightly familiar with hamachi. Haven't touched it in a long time though.

:phone:

Hyro

Smash Lord
SUPER CHEAP GAMES!

All games come with complete original packaging including case, manuals, inserts and discs.​

Metal Gear Solid (PS) - $5
Grand Theft Auto 2 (PS) - $5
Soul Calibur II (GC) - $5
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (PS2) - $5
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (PS2) - $5
Max Payne (PS2) - $5
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (PS2) - $5
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies (PS2) - $5
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) - $5
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PS) - $10
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP) - $10
Heart of Darkness (PS) - $15
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) - $15
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (GC) - $15
Wii Play (Wii) - $15
Wii Zapper + Link's Crossbow Training (Wii) - $15
Star Fox: Adventures (GC) - $15
Star Fox: Assault (GC) - $15
Star Fox: Command (DS) - $15
Pokemon Pearl (DS) - $20
Classic NES Series: Metroid (GBA) - $20
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GC) + GBA/GC Cable - $25
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition (GC) - $30
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA) - $35
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA) - $40
Legend of Legaia (PS) + Guide - $40
Cubivore (GC) - $50

SUPER DUPER PACKAGE DEALS

Starfox Adventures (GC), Starfox Assault (GC) & Starfox Command - $35 (save $10!!!)

Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA) + Classic NES Series: Metroid (GBA) - $50 (save $5!!!)

All PS2 games above - $40 - (save $5!!!)

Hurry! These offers end never!

Misc. Stuff

Link Rubber Thingy - $3
DS Case - $3
Zelda Pin Set - $5
Zelda Cel Art - $5
Brawl Strategy Guide - $5
Wind Waker Strategy Guide - $5
Other Wind Waker Strategy Guide - $5
Broken Original NDS (works but top screen is cracked) - $15
GBA SP - $25
The Ocarina of Time - $30