• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
if u had a way to hack/port a team from design into the real game i'd go. u dont play pokemon-online.eu ?
I actually do have something like that. If you have a team layout, PM me and I could let you borrow one of my games for the tournament with your team on it.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
So Nintendo has announced a new system. The likelihood of a Smash 4 coming within 1-2 years has increased dramatically.

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
Im uploading an advanced guide to Doctor doom for mvc3. Sony vegas (smirk)
anyways. Doom bids you all a fair welcome.

and dude some1 pick me up or some **** im bored as **** sitting here.theres like no psn and my friend is afl. away from life.

BSP

Smash Legend
Everybody who would sign up for staff would get a free weekend pass, but you would be on call all weekend to run events for what you signed up as. If you didn't show up ON TIME to what you would need to, you would be stripped of your Staff Badge.
I would help run the thing and strictly enforce time DQs lol

BTW Regional Champs, and got 3rd in triple. I'm going to the state meet!!! And to think that I was thinking about quitting at the start of the season, I'm stupid.

D

Deleted member

br is probably going. freddy and i atleast

but im probably going to the ww2 museum in the morning before hand. if it's open on a sat.

Curlz

Smash Lord
If you want to be a part of Staff for LouisiANIME 2012 / TASOL, please PM me and let me know. The following positions are available:

Pool Runners
This WILL NOT get you a Staff Badge for the weekend, although it will benefit the tournament tremendously. I will need about 8 pool runners.

ALL WEEKEND Security
This is probably the most important Staff Position. This WILL get you a Staff Badge for the weekend. You will be in charge of watching over the Game Room all weekend. You will have to make sure that everyone that walks in the door has the appropriate badge for each respective day. You will also need to make sure that none of the equipment is being stolen and you will need to make sure that no fights break out.
Security will be on call throughout the weekend. Security will need to work at least 3 hours a day during the con. Security will be scheduled to work in 3-hour intervals.
Friday: 11:00am - 1:00pm; 1:00pm - 4:00pm; 4:00pm - 7:00pm; 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am; 11:00am - 1:00pm; 1:00pm - 4:00pm; 4:00pm - 7:00pm; 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00pm; 11:00am - 1:00pm; 1:00pm - 4:00pm

Referees
This WILL get you a Staff Badge for the weekend. You will be on call all weekend. You will be put in charge of watching a set amount of TVs during each tournament to make sure that rules are being properly enforced. I want this to be treated like an MLG tournament. Side-events will need 2 more referees and Major events will need 3 more. I will be a referee for each event. The following events need referees: Brawl Singles*, Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles*, Melee Doubles, 64 Singles, Brawl+, Brawl-, Project M, Brawl Low Tier, Melee Low Tier, Brawl Mid-Tier.
I will NOT ALLOW SLIP-UPS. If I, or anybody, catches you "bending" the rules for any reason, you will be stripped of your staff badge and possibly booted from the venue. The time DQ rules will be STRICTLY ENFORCED!

* = Major Event

----------

I am also looking for TASOL sponsors. If you know a company or an individual that would want to sponsor or donate to TASOL, please let me know ASAP. TASOL will need Pot Bonuses, TVs, Equipment, and much much more. I have an open schedule and can easily plan meetings with companies or individuals that would need to.

If anyone manages to get a sponsor for TASOL, I will let you enter one event (of your choosing) FOR FREE! There are just a few requirements though;

Sponsors offering money must offer a MINIMUM of $200.
Sponsors offering equipment must offer a MINIMUM of 6 TVs OR 6 Wii+Brawl OR 6 GameCube+Melee.

These requirements are only to get you in an event for free. Of course any donation is welcome and any donation made to TASOL will put the company's name on a giant banner hanging in the Game Room.

D

Deleted member

so if we just referee one event we get badges for the weekend? also would you have to referee events that you're not entering so you wouldn't be distracted?
lastly instead of 6 tvs or 6 setups, how about 3 tvs, 2wiis, 1gnc, 1 brawl, and 2 melees?
basically thats providing 3 full setups.

Curlz

Smash Lord
so if we just referee one event we get badges for the weekend? also would you have to referee events that you're not entering so you wouldn't be distracted?
lastly instead of 6 tvs or 6 setups, how about 3 tvs, 2wiis, 1gnc, 1 brawl, and 2 melees?
basically thats providing 3 full setups.
If you want to be a ref, you would have to either sign up for one Major Event or 2 Side-events. The only "Major events" are Melee and Brawl Singles and maybe Brawl Doubles.

As for your equipment, my rules still stand. Your setups would be greatly appreciated though, and I could see if I could swing you something for your benefit if you bring that much, but those are the con's rules for free entry. Not mine. Sorry. :-/

D

Deleted member

word. yeah, i wouldn't want to bring all that stuff for no reason though. i wouldnt mind bringing one set up for sure, but all the extra stuff wouldn't be worth it. i would definitely run my melee pool and ref during melee if i can ref and play at the same time.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll mark you down as a ref. PM me your information. I'll need everything you'd need to put on an envelope and your phone number.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
First off, that's a whole year away. Take it easy for now is my advice. Second, lick balls. That is all. Drinkin smokin ****in

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Wow brawl+ tourney too? I forgot that existed. Anyways, can I stay at someone's house the night before NOM so the drive will be a little shorter? I'll bring beer (crappy beer)

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Who from BR is going to NOM? I'll ride and give a little for gas (if need be). I don't wanna drive cuz I plan on drinkin like a mutha.

Curlz, are you sure you're gonna have time for 11 events? That's an extreme amount.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
BBX my favorite doom player, motha ****er puts Doom on point and ironman on anchor.

Edit: I'm stealing your reset setups

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Depends eet. The religion of le ceremony can heavily determine the length. It can range from 10 mins to almost 2 hours (Catholics usually win that one lol...). Mine was a 20-30 min baptist-ish ceremony and a 3 and a half hour reception.

Also this thread blows more than a brass band... Anyone?

I'll play smash 4. Idk if my attendance will improve but I will play. Lol.

:phone:

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Anyone who says they won't play smash 4 is lying their *** off. It's a new frickin smash game, the absolute worst case scenario is that it'll still be a great party game. I'll find it hilarious if metaknight gets the same sequel treatment that samus sheik ganon and falcon received.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I heard it's gonna be more melee like to get hardcore back or w/e. No promises or reliable sources or anything though.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I heard you choose between two different final smashes, like ultras on SSF4, and you build up a final smash meter like a super meter, and also you can call out assist chars like just calling out metaknight to do a quick upB, and also Megaman's gonna be on it even though he's not good enough to even be on mvc anymore. No promises or sources.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Just make a middle ground Smash 4. I'll probably play it, but my time competitively will be stagnant because of college(like right now lol).

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
Id rather smash 4 be more like melee. Id still play it if it had no true strings like brawl. But yea playing brawl competitively is gruesome to me.... Spacing in and out... 6 min matches weird hitboxes

ChKn

Smash Ace
I heard Smash 4 can be played with either a controller or your ****, no promises or sources on that though.

Top Bottom