• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Savon

Smash Ace
Holy crap Cloyster is a beast.

Skill Link+Shell Smash+Icicle Spear= Destruction

A dude sends out Garchomp as his lead. Garchomp does stone edge for SE damage against Cloyster but Cloyster lives. Cloyster does Shell Smash, then outspeeds Garchomp the next turn and kills it will icicle spear. The guy then sends out his Mienshao and Mamoswine which both get swept respectively.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap Cloyster is a beast.

Skill Link+Shell Smash+Icicle Spear= Destruction

A dude sends out Garchomp as his lead. Garchomp does stone edge for SE damage against Cloyster but Cloyster lives. Cloyster does Shell Smash, then outspeeds Garchomp the next turn and kills it will icicle spear. The guy then sends out his Mienshao and Mamoswine which both get swept respectively.
Any fighting type will kill Cloyster, as well as most Dark types(the carry the proper moveset), oh and bulky water types. Your destruction only happens to those who either suck or aren't prepared.

Savon

Smash Ace
My Cloyster can survive a High Jump Kick from Mienshao, which is pretty powerful all things considered. Most stab attacks/SE attacks cannot take down Cloyster with his monster def. When I face a bulky water type I am usually not too afraid because I have teammates just to handle that situation.

That being said every pokemon can be stopped hypothetically speaking, but that does not change what it is capable of doing in a realistic battle situation. And realistically from my wi-fi experience I have not had a problem with my Cloyster

ChKn

Smash Ace
Still have no clue wtf I'm doing in 5th gen. I play it like I play 4th gen, but with different chars lol.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Everyone, M2K found a new carpool to come with him, so there will be a slight amount of OoS coming to this, however; gas for their trip will be $150. They want to come, but won't be able to afford it. Would a couple people be willing to put up money equaling up to $100? Taylor offered $10, and I'm offering up $30. Please, anyone?

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
You won't need a pass to enter the tournament. I'm the TO and I won't be checking for passes.
So what do I do, just walk in the place? o.0
Like do I need to buy a pass to enter LAnime period? And if not, why is everyone buying a pass :awesome:

Curlz

Smash Lord
You need the pass to get into all of the panels and the rave and whatnot. The pass is for people at the convention, for all they know you just happened to be staying at the hotel for your own reasons not knowing about LAnime at all. You can just walk in and then come into the game room. You won't be able to go into the dealer's room, attend the rave, or anything though.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I most likely won't be able to stay for the Rave and everything else anyway, so I guess that works out fine. I'll see what I can do.

Curlz

Smash Lord
All you would really have to pay for is tournament entry. If they ask for a pass from you, I'll let you hold onto mine.

BSP

Smash Legend
Curlz you plan on setting up tomorrow or the next day?

I should be there each day. I can help you with setups. Should I bring my wii?

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be there all weekend setting up for tournies and such. Everyone bring as many set ups as possible. ANYTHING would be appreciated. Anything being TVs or ANY system.

Curlz

Smash Lord
we have $60 out of the $100 saved for him to come. He's coming with Kistmet and Soft. I'm gonna **** Kismet in bracket.

BSP

Smash Legend
Sweeeeeet

He hates me? Good, cause I'll probably hate him after we play. I imagine it'll be like vs. lee, but maybe worse lol

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
Good luck playing kismit lol. hes not a pushover. and also pot filling for m2k? **** that. idc ill still enter but **** that. good think i enterd in marvel. time to show u all what sexy means :$

Top Bottom