• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSP

Smash Legend
Good luck Curlz

Should I get a costume or not?

I didn't get an activities pass. I didn't think i'd be the person to jump up for that stuff.

Curlz

Smash Lord
My meeting with the chairman from LAnime was a success! He approves of the tournament schedule and rules. He said that he is going to give the smash tournament some kind of PRize Support from the con.

POT BONUS!!!!!

Also, if you buy an Activities Badge at the door, entry to the tournament is only $5 AND you get into the rave that night. So it sounds like a deal. (to people that seem skeptical, this won't effect the pot. The con will put up the extra $5 for the pot)

Dr.Faust

Smash Cadet
yo im gonna get a TE fight stick and i'm looking to sell my modded SE stick for the 360. It has Sawna Buttons and a Sawna Ball top stick with an octgonal gate.i Took off the art and its missing screws and rubber foots for the bottom but there's enough screws for every thing to work in place.. I'm selling it for 60.00USD. any takers

Curlz

Smash Lord
So I'm Tasol hunting again. I came across a really nice place that we could possibly have it at.

Microtel Inn & Suites Lafayette.

They have a breakfast area and a conference room that they said we could rent out. Renting out both rooms for the weekend would be $50/day-the venue fee should be able to cover that easily-and the both rooms are right across the hall from each other. The hotel offered us a great offer for hotel rooms if you reserve a room SPECIFICALLY FOR TASOL. Rooms normally go for ~$80/night, but if you reserve for Tasol, a Double Bed Room would only be $46/night.

The only thing that would pose as a problem would be for the fact that both the conference room and the breakfast room are not that big. Together they would maybe equal up to the size of the area of Dibbz that we use for tournies.

I'm looking at the weekend of July 22nd - 24th, but Jio pointed out that CEO is two weeks before and then school will be starting up shortly after.

I will be going look at more hotels and whatnot in Lafayette tomorrow as well as looking around Baton Rouge while I'm at LouisiAnime. What does Louisiana think?

I have sponsors lined up for this so you should expect POT BONUSES. PNT Lafayette, Game Over, Anime & Games, Monster Energy, and possibly PNT BlueBonnet.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm looking at the weekend of July 22nd - 24th, but Jio pointed out that CEO is two weeks before and then school will be starting up shortly after.
Yeah, and I'll also be busy all summer with few openings. It will be hard pressed if I can find a way to go to any, but I'll see.

So I'm Tasol hunting again. I came across a really nice place that we could possibly have it at.

Microtel Inn & Suites Lafayette.

They have a [skip].
Cool .
LOL Skimming like a pro

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Don't stay in microtels! Lauren and I stayed in one the night of our wedding and it was terrible in terms of a few things. I'll post more later.

:phone:

_D._

Smash Apprentice
what city has had the most turnout when a brawl tournament was help there?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Ok now that I'm awake lol. So we get there and get our room. Good. Until we open the door. The sheets are all over the place. There is an open beer can on the desk. An apple is just chilling out in the bathroom and there is trash on the floor. Hell yes we got a new room. The new room was missing a phone which was just meh. But the biggest spit in the face was that we arranged for their complimentary shuttle service to the airport as soon as we got to the microtel. When we go to check out, we are told there is no driver in the morning (when he was scheduled?) and that we now have to pay for a cab.

**** microtel. Find somewhere else.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Apple sittin there for your enjoyment, beer already opened, sheets pulled back so you don't have to struggle trying to untuck them (I hate that). I don't know dude, sounds like they pretty much had you covered. Sucks about the shuttle though.

Curlz, the venue size would be fine unless you're counting on a **** ton of people showing up. How many folks are you counting on? If it's Last 3 numbers, forget it.

Edit: Also, make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you announce this one. One more ****up and people are gonna associate TASOL with Duke Nukem Forever.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Ok now that I'm awake lol. So we get there and get our room. Good. Until we open the door. The sheets are all over the place. There is an open beer can on the desk. An apple is just chilling out in the bathroom and there is trash on the floor. Hell yes we got a new room. The new room was missing a phone which was just meh. But the biggest spit in the face was that we arranged for their complimentary shuttle service to the airport as soon as we got to the microtel. When we go to check out, we are told there is no driver in the morning (when he was scheduled?) and that we now have to pay for a cab.

**** microtel. Find somewhere else.

Good work Curlz
Trolololol

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Apple sittin there for your enjoyment, beer already opened, sheets pulled back so you don't have to struggle trying to untuck them (I hate that). I don't know dude, sounds like they pretty much had you covered. Sucks about the shuttle though.
I love icemann.

-Ran

Smash Master
Baton Rouge is the best place to host a larger tournament, due to there being more surrounding areas that are 'fair drives' to it.

D

Deleted member

jacked as in screwed up. theres a ton of random deposits and payments and fees and fee refunds all over the place for no reason. i cant tell if its back to being normal or not.

Top Bottom