• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Avery

Smash Cadet
i have a varied opinion being inactive. i didnt mean that to sound like i thought tim was better, it was legitimately curiosity, not contradiction.

but yes i will judge you harder than most as i have judged freddy harder than most. remember that tournament you came to saying you would be VERY surprised if you didnt get second after lee? (it was the first tournament that was held for a long time because of brawl's release) then a lot of the top players ***** you and you got like 7-9th. its that type of mentality that makes me judge you harder than others. for a LONG time you claimed you were better than you ever preformed and it annoyed me. freddy has done the same thing for a long time but seems to have chilled out on it in the past couple of years. but you can ask him, ive always given him the same type of **** for it. you're probably preforming now to the spot you think you belong, but it was the old arrogance without play style to match that made me 'judge you from a far.'

and that was just an explanation.
like i said i was just curious with the previous question. and now it has been explained.

cyphus bi.
Understandable, I remember the tournament and yeah I was being headstrong lol. I learned my place and changed it. I wouldnt say I was making claims like that for a LONG time though :p guess thats a matter of opinion. It doesnt help you dont have the smallest ego yourself, if only you were active I guess. loooool

D

Deleted member

Understandable, I remember the tournament and yeah I was being headstrong lol. I learned my place and changed it. I wouldnt say I was making claims like that for a LONG time though :p guess thats a matter of opinion. It doesnt help you dont have the smallest ego yourself, if only you were active I guess. loooool
but i've proven myself against all the top players for years, supporting my thoughts of my own skill level, and like i said before, you may be doing that currently, but not in the past. also if i still played like i used to i would give you the same game lee gives you. but i don't. i feel like it would be a shame to my career to go try and play at the point i am now. kyle and i just dont play anymore, and don't have a drive to do so either.

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
Ive realized that mvc3 is a pretty bad game because it caters to newcomers to much and also takes the competitive side away with dumb gimmicks. Its ok. its just the mechanics of the game are horrible.
Playing mvc3 with friends is fun though. but losing to scrubs obviously isnt and that happens in anything and everygame but its a 40% its gona happen in mvc3 than in any other. I wont be salty over mvc3 but its just my honest opinion of the game overall.

oh and nice new skin. Finnaly smashboards updates since its been like that for like 6 years?

eet

Smash Ace
Ive realized that mvc3 is a pretty bad game because it caters to newcomers to much and also takes the competitive side away with dumb gimmicks. Its ok. its just the mechanics of the game are horrible.
Playing mvc3 with friends is fun though. but losing to scrubs obviously isnt and that happens in anything and everygame but its a 40% its gona happen in mvc3 than in any other. I wont be salty over mvc3 but its just my honest opinion of the game overall.

oh and nice new skin. Finnaly smashboards updates since its been like that for like 6 years?
replace mvc3 with brawl. re-read ... still truth lul.

ChKn

Smash Ace
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/mar/20/capcoms-svensson-clarifies-rules-tournament-organizers/

Interesting.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/mar/31/ono-talks-about-catering-casual-fans-3ds-port-ssf4/

Is it difficult to move toward the mainstream without alienating those hardcore fans?

A quick metaphor: think of the Premier League. When Manchester United play Chelsea, you have the most professional, skilful players taking part, so any kid just out of school can't join that team. However, just because not everyone can play for Manchester United doesn't mean no one plays football. Until recently, we only ever aimed Street Fighter at the high end, we've been neglecting people who want to play at their own level. So what we've done with Super Street Fighter IV 3D is, we've retained the hardcore elements, but we've lowered the entry barrier, so people can play in the way they want to play, rather than having to aspire to be hardcore. We've established a very important milestone here.

Turazrok

Smash Master
If you wanna win switch to marth. Even neo did. Of course, what do I know amirite?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I don't know dude. Sounds like you lost to some pretty bad players and now you're *****in. I'm not saying that's what it is, but the game's been out for like 2 months and people (not just you) are saying it's bad. Also, two thoughts on one of your sentences there. First, if you're losing to 40% of scrubs, does that tell you anything about your own gameplay? Or maybe they aren't as bad as you think? Second, I don't think you know the meaning of the word 'scrub'. But this is all my opinion, just as your post reflected your own.

Candul

Smash Cadet
Coby on Mark's account: I def. will be there for MvC3. Just declare a start time and spread the word.

Avery

Smash Cadet
"also if i still played like i used to i would give you the same game lee gives you."

Well theres no way to prove that nor do I take it with anything more than a grain of salt :p

Edit: Anyone know of any good psychological thrillers, dramas or etc. Im in the mood for a good movie.

D

Deleted member

im looking for a roommate. i own a house and it's awesome. kyle, myself, and my girlfriend live here. it's 4 bed rooms. we have one bed room set up as a computer room so if you want to put you desk and computer in there to have even more bed room space that's cool. bed rooms are big though. house is 1,600 sq ft. out back i have an insulated, ac and heated game room with 1 room set up as a work out room and the other has a pool table, couch, tv, stereo, beer fridge. washer and dryer in house. i also have a 'living room' with a bunch of extra free space (older style home with den and living room. den is the functioning living room with tv and couches ect) that could be turned into w/e. 6 car drive way. rent is $500 all bills included so theres math involved each month. if you're going to lsu and need somewhere to live you should talk to me. or if you know any cool ppl looking for housing you should talk to me. it's 15 mins away from campus. 511 laurie lynn drive, 70819. ill be putting pictures of the house on fb soon. i also have a box spring and matress for use if someone needs it. rawr

DRN

Smash Lord
I have a carpool going but it's full and bsl has plans that weekend
Who in ur car is exactly going to BBC? Im trying to get an accurate attendence list. Also super thanks for the support!

Someone drive Turazrok as well lol

BlueBomberXTJ

Smash Cadet
Lol. losing to scrubs. my mvc3 record is pretty good. plus it was playstation network. Im talking about the game in general and the top players losing to random ppl from mvc2.

but just as I said alot of u should play me @ mvc3 sometime....

eet

Smash Ace
hey avery I saved this list a while back, you might like it.

Battle Royale
Cube
Equilibrium
Fight Club
The Game
The Jacket
K-Pax
The Lathe of Heaven
The Machinist
The Matrix
Memento
Omega Man
Pi
The Sphere
Stay
Survive Style 5+
The Truman Show
V for Vendetta
Yellow Submarine.

2001: A Space Odyssey
The Animatrix
Being John Malkovich
Butterfly Effect
Donnie Darko
Mulholland Dr.
Paycheck
Primer
Saw
A Scanner Darkly
Vanilla Sky
Waking Life

Blade Runner
Requiem for a Dream
S. Darko
Soylent Green

Curlz

Smash Lord
You right!
Carpool assemble!!!

On another note, Shaun (the guy that let us use his apartment for Smashberg Lane) informed me that someone left their copy of Melee at the apartment, but he is missing his copy of Brawl. If anyone has it, please let me know.

Top Bottom