• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSP

Smash Legend
We only have to room for one day though, so maybe we should just go for just ALT South? I don't remember what time the convention closes each day, but time would be a problem with a huge crowd, so let's go with the south.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Its a 24-hour convention. The Game Room and the con floor stay open all night. And Housing is only $89/night at the Convention Hotel and rooms STILL aren't completely booked. Just start spamming up Texas, Alabama, and Florida.

So LouisiANIME FINALLY got in touch with me about the tournament. You should expect some pot bonuses from the convention if they approve of the Smash Tournament. If not, then we'll just go back to the original plan of having a normal tournament. :]

_D._

Smash Apprentice
why don't we run anymore brawl tourneys at the gameware monthlies?

Savon

Smash Ace
Got all my wisdom teeth removed. I can't feel my face. This vicodin does nothing. 3 day liquid diets are booty. I hate everything

ChKn

Smash Ace
Got all my wisdom teeth removed. I can't feel my face. This vicodin does nothing. 3 day liquid diets are booty. I hate everything
lol I was on hydrocodeine and ate/drank Smoothie King, cream of wheat, and mashed potatoes for a week. **** sucked.

Savon

Smash Ace
lol I was on hydrocodeine and ate/drank Smoothie King, cream of wheat, and mashed potatoes for a week. **** sucked.
I have been poking my face with a pencil and it is crazy how pain stops you from doing so much ****. I m gonna regret it like hell when feeling comes back

_D._

Smash Apprentice
We NEED a brawl and melee revival im going to convince stephen to do gameware monthlies again and i talked to br's pnt owner and he's going to start running brawl again. Everyone else should try to make some effort toward more tournies for brawl and melee.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
We NEED a brawl and melee revival im going to convince stephen to do gameware monthlies again and i talked to br's pnt owner and he's going to start running brawl again. Everyone else should try to make some effort toward more tournies for brawl and melee.
I don't know dude. Sounds like you're all over it. We'll just sit back and reap what you sow, if you don't mind.

ChKn

Smash Ace
We don't need a big boom of revivals every few months. If we do, then our collective efforts(attending/hosting) tournaments are just ****. We have plenty of opportunities to get decent numbers across the state.

Savon

Smash Ace
Thanks Ryu. And yeah CHKN, but the annoying part is that since the wisdom teeth all had cysts in them they just left huge effing holes in my mouth. I WANT SOME MOTHER****ING SOLID FOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have this stupid mad craving for ANY type of sandwich.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
the usual tournaments range from only 10-20 people for brawl and at gw and pnt they had like 25 plus we need more people. The turnouts are **** most of the players are mostly players from here. I'm tired of playing the same people, the bigger the tournament the more chance of people becoming involved in the scene.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I try to get kids from my school to go to tournies but they're very...

Non competitive?

All about ygo though.

I try to get em to attend but w/e you know?

Sudai

Stuff here
Honestly, the week after I got my wisdom teeth out was ballin awesome. I got Vicodin and ibuprofen. I was melted into my bed with my laptop all week laughing at the most ridiculous things.

Savon

Smash Ace
Those are the exact same pills I am taking and I am not happy like you are. I am almost done watching all of the episodes of Wolverine and the X-Men online so my fun is going to die really soon. I might rewatch samurai champloo or death note or something. I hate pretty much all other animes.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
the usual tournaments range from only 10-20 people for brawl and at gw and pnt they had like 25 plus we need more people. The turnouts are **** most of the players are mostly players from here. I'm tired of playing the same people, the bigger the tournament the more chance of people becoming involved in the scene.
Post fliers around town.

I got Loritabs when I got my wisdom teeth removed but I'm old school ni
ggas.

Any of yall play pokemon online? My stall team seems good on paper but I haven't tried it out yet.

Sudai

Stuff here
Those are the exact same pills I am taking and I am not happy like you are. I am almost done watching all of the episodes of Wolverine and the X-Men online so my fun is going to die really soon. I might rewatch samurai champloo or death note or something. I hate pretty much all other animes.
Sucks to be you. You must not be taking them enough cause everyone that I've talked to that had those pills were loopy the whole week. Or the added Cyst really make **** horrid.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Thanks Ryu. And yeah CHKN, but the annoying part is that since the wisdom teeth all had cysts in them they just left huge effing holes in my mouth. I WANT SOME MOTHER****ING SOLID FOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have this stupid mad craving for ANY type of sandwich.
The best part is when the dentist removes the stitches and tells you not to get **** in the gums. Hardest ****ing thing ever.

We generally have a unique amount of people joining tournaments, but not all at the same time. There's only less than 20-25 people in Louisiana that competes seriously. Not all people can show up at once. I'd honestly get more cooperation from other TOs in the state to advertise for each other's tournaments, but keeping a good local's base is the key. In the end, it'll be an uphill battle. Apathy is your worst friend.

Speaking of advertising, I need more places to advertise for TSL2 considering UL's Spring semester ends a week before the tournament.

Curlz

Smash Lord
We generally have a unique amount of people joining tournaments, but not all at the same time. There's only less than 20-25 people in Louisiana that competes seriously. Not all people can show up at once. I'd honestly get more cooperation from other TOs in the state to advertise for each other's tournaments, but keeping a good local's base is the key. In the end, it'll be an uphill battle. Apathy is your worst friend.
This.

We don't need a state revival. Most of us really need to strengthen our Local Scene. After Lafayette's Locals Only tournament, the state-wide tournaments were a big success.

Lafayette's crew started out with only originally me. Now we have ChKn, Blaise, Fang, Nickels, MasterMajora, FPDav, Oathkeeper and alot of Locals that don't travel like Trint, Amber, and many many more. We need more people in each city that can carpool or something.

Savon

Smash Ace
The Brawl community has a different issue than the Melee community. The Brawl community here is pretty good, but we have a lot of younger players. The biggest issue with Brawl tournaments in LA has nothing to do with size, it has to do with rides. We have the will, just not the rides.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Melee is.... All in New Orleans......

Lol. I wanna get good though.

Watch out!

Curlz

Smash Lord
We need to find more people from each city that can carpool. Each city only has one main form of transportation with the seldom second driver.

Baton Rouge: Johnathon (then seldom BSL)
Lafayette: Curlz
New Orleans: Jiovanni (seldom Ran [super seldom JNig])

Turazrok

Smash Master
Abuse less substances.

Facey is good for now.

Greg... EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

_D._

Smash Apprentice
but then why has the turnout died down. I remember that when gameware and laser tag were having tournies in br people I now know were coming out of state and the turnout would be huge. Why do we no longer have that ability to generate that kind of crowd again?

ChKn

Smash Ace
Probably because the last time we had OoS people for a BIG tournament, we had 25-40 people. I remember Last 3 getting 70+. I think 50+ people is the the sweetspot number that we'd need to hit as a state to attract other OoS people.

We should ask what it would take for OoS people to come here.

Xryo, Gnes, Smoom, Trela, Razer, Espy

Eric: Answer my Facebook message.

Top Bottom