• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Turaz uses witchcraft, I use wizardry. You have to be born with it to use wizardry, so turaz is your only hope. He needs 2 liters of virgin blood, and the innards of a cow. Don't ask me what he'll do with it.

Chkn, if I bring a powerstrip, I get half the venue fee?
this was a pretty pro response imo, both parts.

BSP ur black, my advice is not to push too hard and always throw your grades (if they're good) and your extracurriculars in their faces.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Turaz uses witchcraft, I use wizardry. You have to be born with it to use wizardry, so turaz is your only hope. He needs 2 liters of virgin blood, and the innards of a cow. Don't ask me what he'll do with it.

Chkn, if I bring a powerstrip, I get half the venue fee?
Half off, so like a dollar off lol. I would like some extension cords since, for some reason, the backside of the room doesn't have any.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Convincing your parents:
1. Explain to them the whole tourney situation and do it clearly (anime convention, hotel, ride, etc.)
2. Let them know where you are going and who you are going with.
3. Arrange a meeting between your parents and your ride if possible.
4. Reiterate the fact that you won't always be young forever and that you'll eventually be going out like this some time in your life when you're older.
5. Avoid any smart comments, respect their answer, but always try to counterpick their reasons against it.

BSP

Smash Legend
BSP ur black, my advice is not to push too hard and always throw your grades (if they're good) and your extracurriculars in their faces.
I'll try it. My grades are good and i do extracurriculars.

Convincing your parents:
1. Explain to them the whole tourney situation and do it clearly (anime convention, hotel, ride, etc.)
2. Let them know where you are going and who you are going with.
3. Arrange a meeting between your parents and your ride if possible.
4. Reiterate the fact that you won't always be young forever and that you'll eventually be going out like this some time in your life when you're older.
5. Avoid any smart comments, respect their answer, but always try to counterpick their reasons against it.
I'll try this too. Although I have to admit, number 5 is a problem for me.

Do you want my help or not bsp?
Err, no. Gotta do this right.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Half off, so like a dollar off lol. I would like some extension cords since, for some reason, the backside of the room doesn't have any.
Aww man. I thought you meant ou would take all the venue fees and I would get half of it. I'll bring one anyway.

BSP, I mean I am going to EGL, not FFF

ChKn

Smash Ace
Thanks BSL lol.

I'll have to talk with Charles(the owner) about the food setups. I know that they get discounts for pizza from BJs and Pizza Hut.

ChKn

Smash Ace
My dad watched me play in Last 3(he stayed in Baton Rouge the whole day and made some friends), so that's how my parents warmed up to the idea of my going to tournaments. They still won't let me drive OoT lol and insist that they drive me.

It's all situational really.

BSP

Smash Legend
I still don't know what EGL is....

Oh, it's the smash lounge. OK, BSL can I ride with you?

Assuming BSL says yes, I can bring a Wii, but I can't bring a TV...should I bring my wii anyway?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yes. same with me, chkn. i can bring everything but a TV.

also, a backroom build of Brawl-, if anyone is interested. let me know if you want it.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Bah I need 2 TVs then to compensate for the Wiis. I'm gonna talk to my friend to see if he has any that I can borrow. I'll ask Curlz as well. I know that Blaise and I can bring Wiis as well lol.

We'll need some copies of Project M if you guys want it as a side-event.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I can offer housing to a select few people this weekend. Sepcifically people who need housing for Fight Fest. I CANNOT offer housing on Friday night. Saturday only.

My parents are very picky about having people stay here, but I was able to convince them. They didn't give me an exact number, but I'm not gonna be pushy about it. Nickels, Fang, and Facey are already crashing with me, so I have room for one more carpool. Let me know.

Savon

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it just be easier to say smash or mvc3 Blaise?

Also, I got MvC3 like 30min ago. It is installing now. Anybody a complete newb who wants to play online with me?

PSN: Savonthegreat

Curlz

Smash Lord
Blaise, I'll play MvC3 with you. Meet me at Dibbz in about an hour or so. You'll have to bring the setup though, Fang has my 360.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't it just be easier to say smash or mvc3 Blaise?

Also, I got MvC3 like 30min ago. It is installing now. Anybody a complete newb who wants to play online with me?

PSN: Savonthegreat
PSN: NiteZ64
I don't know how to play either.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
May Smash Fest! (MSF)

<<<<<<<Make sure to read the alternate colored text, it's the most important!>>>>>>>

So, amazing news.

It turns out my school may let me set up a smash fest in our tech room on the last day of school (because seniors are awesome). Fyi, this is an all girls school, so yes, you will get the chance to meet lots of girls. I'm not sure what the limit number is to how many can come, because even though our tech room is big, it has a table that takes up a lot of space in the center (can be moved, but still). All I'll say is it's first come first serve and the first people who tell me they want to come will be the first on the list. I may be able to include our second tech room literally right on the side of the main one (for multimedia classes, even connected to the main tech room by a door that can stay open) but this isn't certain, so yeah.

It will be in May, I believe May 5th to be exact. This may change though. The time will probably be from 4:30 PM to 10:30 PM.

****ALSO VERY IMPORTANT**** NO drugs or alcohol, not even cigarettes, not even beer or wine, ESPECIALLY not anything illegal. You can do whatever you want before you get to the school, but don't bring anything in your cars or whatever because this is a Catholic private school and serious things can happen if you all do anything near the school. DON'T be wasted and come, either, because it will be noticeable and will cause problems. If you do things, do them before MSF (or even better, don't do them at all).
Remember, this is at a high school, and there WILL be school staff around and moderating for this event so please make every effort to be as clean as possible.

I will not be responsible if your cars are searched or if they give drug tests at the school.

Please be responsible, and be a gentleman- hey, you know, you just might pick up a girl here, so you'd want to act your best. :) Also please don't curse there. There will be school staff around, so instead of cursing, go watch MvC3 and yell when there's an epic moment. :p

Everyone (yes, everyone) will most likely need an identification in order to attend. It would also help if you have proof of a college you are attending if you are in one, or proof of a job you work at. I'm letting you know ahead of time, because these are generally standard safety features that they follow.

And no, I will not say the name or location of the school right now. Obviously it is in Louisiana, that's all I can say. If this is able to be finalized, I will tell everyone the information individually. If rides are a problem for you, we can deal with that during the first week of May.

Also, I want MvC3 there. It's required. You don't even have to bring a 360 OR TV for that, both are already at the school. But I do need lots of setups so if you're able to bring one, please let me know asap so I can get a list. :p Money and phones have been stolen from the school before, so it's wise you keep those things on hand and don't be lax about them just because it's a school.

Current MSF (May Smash Fest) list:
*BSL
*Turaz
*iceman (maybe)
*eet (maybe)
*Lee
*Awstin
*JNig
*Hyro
*Curlz
*jio
*RjPunch
*_D_

I will not be directing a tourney, however, if someone comes to MSF who wishes to do this, they are more than welcome to. I am only hosting this event, and if no one organizes a tourney, it will be all friendlies.

Wow. S. Dragon going hard trying to make it awesome for us. But most of the people here are hardcore pedos.....lol

Hilarity will be promised if this really happens.
Yep. I figured I'd give our smash scene a gift for my graduation, it's the least I can do. LasT 3 was such a turning point for me, you all really have no idea. Except for Sudai and eet, they know.

Questions/Comments?

Savon

Smash Ace
Wow. S. Dragon going hard trying to make it awesome for us. But most of the people here are hardcore pedos.....lol

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Nice job savon, youre contributing to te ruin of everything.

Pedophiles like prepubescent children. Ephebophiles like post-pubescent adolescents. I'm almost 100% positive there are no prepubescent children in S Ryu's highschool.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
LOL

Of course this turns into a conversation about pedophiles and related things... :laugh:

Current MSF (May Smash Fest) list:
BSL
Turaz
iceman (maybe)

Also, I want MvC3 there. It's required. You don't even have to bring a 360 OR TV for that, both are already at the school. But I do need lots of setups so if you're able to bring one, please let me know asap so I can get a list. :p

And Curlz, if you have any tips for me hosting this tourney, please let me know o: I can't ever do this again since I won't be at this school anymore, so it's not like there's any competition or anything. XD

Yep. I figured I'd give our smash scene a gift for my graduation, it's the least I can do. LasT 3 was such a turning point for me, you all really have no idea. Except for Sudai and eet, they know.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Hey wait, does anyone at your school or in your area play? And when would it start (theoretically), cuz the earlier it is, the less of a chance that I show up smashed.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Well, I know of two people who do, but aren't interested in guys. I'm positive there are more and I can send an email out to the school if it gets finalized... too easy.

Also, it will likely start at 3 PM. And by likely I mean almost certainly.

Top Bottom