• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Anderson Silva...? He's a beast...atleast he didn't have embarassing losses(ex. Brock vs Cain lol)
Where'd you get that? I'm saying he's awesome, he's just been fighting really gay lately. I take it back. The last two fights he's fought more like Jiggz.

Obama = MK

can't ledgecamp da bess planker in the game
Too late, you ruined it.

D

Deleted member

i would love to see you experiment with it again sudai. tim and random laf person vs you and eric. i would put money on the fact that you would do better with your mains but then ofcourse you could just throw the 'main' section of the match and do better as double marth. but i know for a fact that your hypothesis is incorrect. just sayin

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
K, don't know much about Melee, but is a Double Marf team better than a Peach-Fox team (or whoever they were at the time)? Not a rhetorical this time, I actually wanna know. Maybe the matchup was better. Or maybe the extra spacing needed by the opposition makes the difference. Who's to say a double marf team isn't really easy to work with, relatively?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
As an avid football and MMA fan, and someone who saw the last MLG placings, I know that's not always the case. Matchups mean something. Plus, the dude already said that the folks they beat were near their level.

D

Deleted member

i dont mean to be rude or discredit anyone else. i just completely disagree. its just somewhat insulting to have people constantly bombard one of your best characters and your best team with statements like its easy to use or its broken. its simply not. marth and double marth is as good or bad as any other team. its definitely the players behind it.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Just imo here, but I'm WAAAAY less scared of marth in teams than singles. And I remember playing vs you guys' double marth team last gigs tournament before I left town and it wasn't this ridiculous force of destruction or anything. Now, you guys may have gotten better with that team in the last couple of months, but at least last time I played vs it it was kind of meh.

Double marth is not a broken team.

*cough*doublefoxisthebestteaminthegamethough*cough*

(Also, what cyphus said)

'V'

Smash Lord
Character does, in fact, play a significant role in doing well in either singles or doubles. Player matters more, but character does matter quite a bit. Sorry, but a GW/Zelda team is not gonna beat a Double Marth team when all the players are good. Every team can hit each other, that's always a downfall. Won't really matter if you space right. Why is Marth's only bad matchup still Sheik? He's good for a reason.

For the record, I think Marth vs. Sheik is 50/50.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Ha. I didn't mean to make your character or team sound easy to play with. I don't like the idea of a tier list, but even I know it's ludicrous to suggest that a double Loo team would be in the same conversation as a double Marth team. I know that's an extreme, but it's also the truth. Also, because it's only opinion, you're right when you say he's not gay and others are right when they say he is.

D

Deleted member

i never implied that tiers dont exist or double kirby = double marth.
i disagree and think shiek has a slight advantage on marth 40/60 or 45/55 but its pretty irrelevant. it has been shown that jiggs has the advantage vs marth. also you act like marth is the only character that has few hard matchups. fox, falco, shiek? and apparently jiggs but w/e
i also never implied that marth wasnt good. vaughn the ideas in your head change what im saying. i know you have a dumb grudge against a character but that doesnt make him easy to play or broken. on a nub level of play i would say that shiek and marth are way beyond every other character in the game but we are GOOD players. and its absolutely absurd at this point in the game's existence to still complain about marth or think hes broken or easy to play.

'V'

Smash Lord
Well it was like I said before, I don't have so much of a problem with him anymore. I do think he's easier to play than most other characters, but that's just a matter of my own opinion. I honestly don't care otherwise.

I was mostly implying that back then, we considered marf trouble to be broken, and that would've progressed to LoL. That's what I was going for anyway.

I honestly don't really care that much for smash anymore. I've been using mostly Kirby anyway. I'm waaay more afraid of fighting Peach than Marth when it comes to playing as Kirby.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
I'm watching hairspray and what doesn't make sense is that this girl is huge but dances all the time. You'd expect someone who moves as much as she does can stay under a size 1420? And her dorky side-kick? Amanda Bynes. Her mother? John Travolta.

I lol'ed hard at eric's picture.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I have really crazy deep stories that I only tell when I'm high for some reason.

Why am I different when I'm high? Shouldn't I be exactly the same except see it from a different perspective? I'm literally different when I'm high. Is it just the euphoria?? Being happy? Or does weed make you more comfortable?

Hyro

Smash Lord
i like to think the better player wins, not character. :D
Republicans have gained a percent advantage, and now they're gonna ledge-camp to time Obama out. Government shoulda put a ledge grab limit. GGs, play to win.

Also, you guys should read the ChuDat Chronicles. Lotsa bi stuff in there, stories about Chu's mental issues and his sexual experiences. Pickles should def read.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=90846
I just read some comments and the basic gist of what it is...and wow...I did that same thing with a friend of mine...this guy put out his life story like that to the public?? That's inspiring. Ima have to read it and consider doing the same.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I have really crazy deep stories that I only tell when I'm high for some reason.

Why am I different when I'm high? Shouldn't I be exactly the same except see it from a different perspective? I'm literally different when I'm high. Is it just the euphoria?? Being happy? Or does weed make you more comfortable?
Weed is a mood enhancer, it makes you feel better. :awesome:

Curlz

Smash Lord
Each of our cars going to MLG should have one TV and 2 wiis. I'm not sure if the TVs at the hotel will have AV outlets (like the **** TVs at MechaCon) and I know we'll want to play smash all night in our hotel rooms, so just in case we should bring a TV for each room.

The reason for two Wiis is just in case the TVs DO have AV outlets, we could have 2 full set ups per room.

Sudai

Stuff here
It just makes you more readily open in most ways. As to if it changes who you are? That really depends on how you define who you are. I personally consider myself a much different person when I'm high (granted, still the same at the core of course), but I like this person better for most situations so w/e. Really, I'm just 2 people that switch in and out as the time calls for it.
\

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Highrulian Royalty, only write your story when youre high, though.

eet

Smash Ace
'I am convinced that there are genuine and valid levels of perception available with cannabis (and probably with other drugs) which are, through the defects of our society and our educational system, un-available to us without such drugs.'

Weed is releasing dopamine via receptors in your brain so I don't know that it would make you different, but it definitely would make you euphoric and that will have an effect on your perception and alter your mood. Feels good, man.

But, also, some people feel overstimulated and get paranoid, or feel uncomfortable. But, still - in most places where it is legal, it is widely used as a medicine to make cancer and other people with conditions feel better.

also im high

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Each of our cars going to MLG should have one TV and 2 wiis. I'm not sure if the TVs at the hotel will have AV outlets (like the **** TVs at MechaCon) and I know we'll want to play smash all night in our hotel rooms, so just in case we should bring a TV for each room.

The reason for two Wiis is just in case the TVs DO have AV outlets, we could have 2 full set ups per room.
I called the hotel and was informed they have LCD TVs in the room. I have component cables for my Wii so I'll bring that and yeah the rest of what curlz said.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I have component cables for my Wii as well. I'm also going to have my TV in my car if we want to bring that as well. That's already a potential of 3 setups. Who else can bring equipment?

Hyro

Smash Lord
It just makes you more readily open in most ways. As to if it changes who you are? That really depends on how you define who you are. I personally consider myself a much different person when I'm high (granted, still the same at the core of course), but I like this person better for most situations so w/e. Really, I'm just 2 people that switch in and out as the time calls for it.
\
Ok I figured as much, makes you more open. I'm a pretty reserved person but when I smoke that changes a lot, depending on who I'm around. The less people, the easier it is.

As for the 2 people? I'm the same way. But I think everyone is. I think we have a positive person and a negative person. Whenever I smoke weed, the positive person wants to come out (because I'm happy) but sometimes I hold that back.

But literally my goal in life is to completely get rid of my negative self or at least make my negative self as much as my positive self as possible. That way I'm happy (or at LEAST content) at all times. Some people say that's impossible but they're just stupid, weak and lazy.

Highrulian Royalty, only write your story when youre high, though.
It doesn't really matter whether I'm high or not, as long as I got high. Because then I'm thinking the thoughts I discovered while I was high...which I only look deep into when I AM high...but as long as I know the subject, I can analyze them whether I'm high or not...does that make sense?

'I am convinced that there are genuine and valid levels of perception available with cannabis (and probably with other drugs) which are, through the defects of our society and our educational system, un-available to us without such drugs.'

Weed is releasing dopamine via receptors in your brain so I don't know that it would make you different, but it definitely would make you euphoric and that will have an effect on your perception and alter your mood. Feels good, man.

But, also, some people feel overstimulated and get paranoid, or feel uncomfortable. But, still - in most places where it is legal, it is widely used as a medicine to make cancer and other people with conditions feel better.

also im high
I don't believe they're unavailable with out drugs. I think people can totally feel the same way without weed...the only thing weed does IMO is make you aware of your thoughts. I think if you concentrate on your thoughts LONG enough, you will literally hear all your thoughts, all of them. You will hear them coming into your brain as soon as they do, before you act on any of them. And when you are fully conscious of your thoughts, you can choose which thoughts to ignore and which thoughts to dwell on.

Personally I like to dwell on my bad thoughts. Because I like to find ways to fix every single one of my problems and by doing so make my life more complete, more happy, without any kind of outside stimulant. But sometimes it's stupid to dwell on them when there's literally nothing you can do at the time to fix them. That's when you "forget" about them. Force them out of your mind and replace them with happier, "here and now" thoughts. Which makes you happy like **** lol.

Yeah sometimes I feel paranoid and uncomfortable...but again it depends on my environment, who I'm around, where I'm at. As long as someones there who I can talk to literally about anything in the world, you can usually get whatever you're paranoid or uncomfortable about out of the way. It's all a mind thing. I love it though. I'm like really interested by my mind hahaha. Kinda cocky to say...but w/e **** yall im the best ya know?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
drugs, like alcohol, give us an excuse (to ourselves) to experiment acting differently too. because we can always justify any novelty behavior as "oh, i was drunk"(when u sleep w/ someone), or "i was high" (when you speak your thoughts that you dont normally. both are just reflections of what 'you' are.
naturally, the actual chemical effects can relax us and let go of certain social stigma too.
and with those two, any unique behavior is conditioned to be..acceptable, and we can develop different personalities or constructs of expression to which we identify.
Personally i'd describe being high, as a state where you much more easily get lost in your thoughts/sensations. This can be bad, to where if you normally hide negative thoughts, they can surface and become exaggerated...or, normally (in addition to being encouraged with europhic tendencies) visa versa, good.
Being lost in your thoughts, simple/boring things are more interesting, complex things become very deep, and deep things can become (usually temporarily) perception changing. (epiphanies)
But after a while, the novelty isn't as intense (as we grow accustomed), and its more about just experiencing (sometimes appreciating) reality in a different shade of perception, while the former, sober life is slightly dulled in comparison. Some people move onto harder drugs, many people quit being potheads in their 30s (after losing interest), and to some people its a way of life. All thoughts, future endeavors whether sober or high are still just reflections of that person, and they're always ultimately responsible. The drug is a just a tool for that person to add new mental experience. Our brains are designed to hunger for knowledge, and theres not much more interesting than a new state of conscious
before anyone suggests i'm promoting all drugs, you're right. but if the drug becomes more important than not being on it, than you've substituted what makes you truly happy, with lazyness. recreational use, try new things in familiar, comfortable environments with people you trust, and you'll always have a pleasant trip. u just can't take the drug, itself, too seriously. its just a mindgame =]

i'm less than sober btw
papa cyphus ftw

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It doesn't really matter whether I'm high or not, as long as I got high. Because then I'm thinking the thoughts I discovered while I was high...which I only look deep into when I AM high...but as long as I know the subject, I can analyze them whether I'm high or not...does that make sense?
yeah, but... if youre high when you write it, youll never stop getting the thoughts, and then it's super awesome, yo.

Hyro

Smash Lord
drugs, like alcohol, give us an excuse (to ourselves) to experiment acting differently too. because we can always justify any novelty behavior as "oh, i was drunk"(when u sleep w/ someone), or "i was high" (when you speak your thoughts that you dont normally. both are just reflections of what 'you' are.
naturally, the actual chemical effects can relax us and let go of certain social stigma too.
and with those two, any unique behavior is conditioned to be..acceptable, and we can develop different personalities or constructs of expression to which we identify.
Personally i'd describe being high, as a state where you much more easily get lost in your thoughts/sensations. This can be bad, to where if you normally hide negative thoughts, they can surface and become exaggerated...or, normally (in addition to being encouraged with europhic tendencies) visa versa, good.
Being lost in your thoughts, simple/boring things are more interesting, complex things become very deep, and deep things can become (usually temporarily) perception changing. (epiphanies)
But after a while, the novelty isn't as intense (as we grow accustomed), and its more about just experiencing (sometimes appreciating) reality in a different shade of perception, while the former, sober life is slightly dulled in comparison. Some people move onto harder drugs, many people quit being potheads in their 30s (after losing interest), and to some people its a way of life. All thoughts, future endeavors whether sober or high are still just reflections of that person, and they're always ultimately responsible. The drug is a just a tool for that person to add new mental experience. Our brains are designed to hunger for knowledge, and theres not much more interesting than a new state of conscious
before anyone suggests i'm promoting all drugs, you're right. but if the drug becomes more important than not being on it, than you've substituted what makes you truly happy, with lazyness. recreational use, try new things in familiar, comfortable environments with people you trust, and you'll always have a pleasant trip. u just can't take the drug, itself, too seriously. its just a mindgame =]

i'm less than sober btw
papa cyphus ftw
Wow awesome as **** haha

Ok, so that's the thing I love about weed...I get lost in my thoughts...and I love my thoughts. They entertain the hell out of me.

Ok now as for the experiencing and appreciating reality in a different shade of perception...why can't we adopt this new perception even when we AREN'T on drug. Especially if we enjoy it more.

For example, when I did ecstasy at whobo, after everyone wasn't high anymore, I still was. Because the thought that crossed my head was...why do I hold back? Why don't I live life to it's fullest? I should do WHATEVER I want, WHENEVER I want, as long as it makes me happy.

So that's what I did. And I thought to myself...wtf? I'm having the time of my ****ing LIFE. What the hell does ecstasy have to do with that??? All I'm doing is what I want to do. Simple as ****.

So after the drug wore off...same as it did with the others...I was still in that world I imagined...I was seeing everything with that new perception.

So my question is...who says that perception has to change? Who says you can't be "high" on life....I guess that sounds stupid...who says you can't carry the high over from being high...to being sober?

Savon

Smash Ace
Wow awesome as **** haha

Ok, so that's the thing I love about weed...I get lost in my thoughts...and I love my thoughts. They entertain the hell out of me.

Ok now as for the experiencing and appreciating reality in a different shade of perception...why can't we adopt this new perception even when we AREN'T on drug. Especially if we enjoy it more.

For example, when I did ecstasy at whobo, after everyone wasn't high anymore, I still was. Because the thought that crossed my head was...why do I hold back? Why don't I live life to it's fullest? I should do WHATEVER I want, WHENEVER I want, as long as it makes me happy.

So that's what I did. And I thought to myself...wtf? I'm having the time of my ****ing LIFE. What the hell does ecstasy have to do with that??? All I'm doing is what I want to do. Simple as ****.

So after the drug wore off...same as it did with the others...I was still in that world I imagined...I was seeing everything with that new perception.

So my question is...who says that perception has to change? Who says you can't be "high" on life....I guess that sounds stupid...who says you can't carry the high over from being high...to being sober?
The dopamine. But yeah that happens to me all the time in terms of wanting to just live my life to the fullest. I am glad to see I am not alone when it comes to that. At night I just like sit up staring at the cieling feelling like I am just wasting my life and am not living my life to the fullest. Nothing is more painful in life than having a crapload of regrets, but when you just live life the way you want to and say/do what ever the hell you want whenever you feel like it life would be a bajillion times better. I can just imagine walking down the street and seeing a hot chick and being like "Excuse me ma'm, but you are fine as hell" then moving on with my day, but I think I have a problem with wondering what could have been with a lot of things, but I feel like living my life like that might end up doing more harm than good.

Sometimes I feel like I get lost in my thoughts and think about my own thoughts all the time and that is WITHOUT drugs since I have never touched drugs before, so I am kinda scared to see what will happen if I do take them. i feel like my brain would just effing explode from the activity or something. I have tried to just say whats on my mind whenevr I want to lots of times, but I end up punking out at the last second because I am scared of consequences and messing something up. I am texting this one girl as I type this and I wanna just ask her but I am nervous as hell because if she is like "nty" things would be all awkward and stuff, but if it DOES work out who knows where it could go.

tl;dr: Do what you want when you want to Hyro, be more ballsy than me when it comes to it. Nothing is more annoying than spending countless hours wishing you could go back in time and try things differently. Even with the small menial stuff like buying extra fries/juice at lunch. Seriously.

Top Bottom