• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

'V'

Smash Lord
One of the reasons I don't want to play Brawl.

Esam DI'ed up and airdodged away EVERY time he got hit by a f-tilt.
I was hoping Lee would punish that bull**** with a shuttle loop sooner or later, but he never once used upB as a sucessful followup.

It's the stupidest **** people can get away with in Brawl that dissuades me from playing.
I think Arc was talking about using up-B during the airdodge afterlag, not necessarily immediately after the F-tilt hit. There was a trend in how ESAM did that. It's the mindgames.

It is one of the silly things about Brawl and smash in general though. My favorite is still getting punished for hitting someone at 0% with a somewhat weak move do to lack of hitstun. =P

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
I think Arc was talking about using up-B during the airdodge afterlag, not necessarily immediately after the F-tilt hit. There was a trend in how ESAM did that. It's the mindgames.

It is one of the silly things about Brawl and smash in general though. My favorite is still getting punished for hitting someone at 0% with a somewhat weak move do to lack of hitstun. =P
So far we have one smart poster in the entire thread. :awesome:

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
There was a trend but Lee was playing it safe. Dairing at first was the best mindgame because if Lee ^B'd once then ESAM would start dairing again. ADing allowed for ESAM to have a safer option of getting back to the ground. If he daired and Lee didn't shuttle then Lee would've had many punishment options.

D

Deleted member

the end of the match did kind of remind me of melee though. its rare you see a brawl match turn around like that. maybe its not that rare, but i always feel like its so much harder to come back in brawl. lee hits him just pixels away from death like 5+ times while lee never gets knocked off the stage and is below 100%. then all of a sudden he dies. wtf

D

Deleted member

been waiting for 3 hours for lol to come back up... watching the wcg grand finals. i can beat those *****s.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Did you get the rooms for MLG yet, Jio? We'd need 2 rooms no matter what.

I'm just double checking so we're not on a last minute hunt for rooms.

Also, are we calling roommates and carpools? xD I'm riding with Jio so we can discuss our team strat the entire way there. (Sounds fun, doesn't it?)

Griffard

Smash Ace
I now live in New Orleans (I attend Tulane) and I'm going to start going to some tournies (probably mostly Melee, but I used to play Brawl), so feel free to add me to the list of players as a Melee player.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hello Griffard!

Questions for MLG Dallas: What day are people wanting to come back to LA? Sunday night or Monday? Important cuz I didn't ask off for Monday...

Also, do any of you guys wanna team with me? I'm asking yall before I ask in the MLG Dallas thread.

And who's the other person with a car besides Jio? Have we established who that is?

EDIT: Oh and bye bye Falco, it was fun playing you.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I lol'd. Pickles, you really just don't get it. It's way too obvious that you've yet yo mature.
I wasn't joking about that..I'm serious. Also, you guys get one more chance to clean up y'alls act...If you guys continue to haze me after this, then your stupid ***es will be in so much trouble, you'll be wishing you didn't get out of bed..I'm not playing around anymore..You want to get in serious trouble..GO AHEAD TRY ME!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Curlz

Smash Lord
I now live in New Orleans (I attend Tulane) and I'm going to start going to some tournies (probably mostly Melee, but I used to play Brawl), so feel free to add me to the list of players as a Melee player.
I got you. I can't wait to see you at some tournies bro! :]

Hello Griffard!

Questions for MLG Dallas:

1. What day are people wanting to come back to LA? Sunday night or Monday? Important cuz I didn't ask off for Monday...

2. Also, do any of you guys wanna team with me? I'm asking yall before I ask in the MLG Dallas thread.

3. And who's the other person with a car besides Jio? Have we established who that is?
1. I'd want to come back Sunday night due to me having school on Monday. I'm already missing school that friday to make it, plus I won't have the money for another night in the room.

2. I'd team with you (lol), but I honestly don't want to hold you down. Jio and I are teaming with a bootleg anubis.

3. Ran and Jio are the two people that are driving their cars to MLG. We have 2 carpools so far. Call dibbz for a seat now!

I wasn't joking about that..I'm serious. Also, you guys get one more chance to clean up y'alls act...If you guys continue to haze me after this, then your stupid ***es will be in so much trouble, you'll be wishing you didn't get out of bed..I'm not playing around anymore..You want to get in serious trouble..GO AHEAD TRY ME!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Oh no, everyone! He sent us a hallow threat over the internet! What ever are we going to do? -.-

Tommy, grow the **** up and come to a tournament so you can get *** *****.

Sudai

Stuff here
Pickles, my comment stands whether you were being serious or not. PS, we're not hazing you, we're pointing out why you're not fitting in. We stopped 'hazing' a long time ago.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Pickles, my comment stands whether you were being serious or not. PS, we're not hazing you, we're pointing out why you're not fitting in. We stopped 'hazing' a long time ago.
I beg to differ..You guys are being ***HOLES whether you realize it or not...I have a right to post in here as much as y'all do..I'm just trying to fit in is all...I wonder if this is how you guys treat people in real life..YOU HAVE NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO BULLY SOMEONE WHETHER IT'S IN REAL LIFE OR ON THE INTERNETZ...ITS ****WADS LIKE YOU WHO CAUSE TEENAGERS TO KILL THEMSELVES EVERY YEAR!!!!:mad: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOU WERE BEING BULLIED ON THE INTERNET BY A BUNCH OF JERKS HUH? YOU BETTER START TREATING ME WITH RESPECT IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU....I DO NOT DESERVE ANY OF THIS CRAP BECAUSE ALL IM TRYING TO DO IS BE NICE AND TRY TO FIT IN!!!!

Curlz

Smash Lord
I beg to differ..You guys are being ***HOLES whether you realize it or not...I have a right to post in here as much as y'all do..I'm just trying to fit in is all...I wonder if this is how you guys treat people in real life..YOU HAVE NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO BULLY SOMEONE WHETHER IT'S IN REAL LIFE OR ON THE INTERNETZ...ITS ****WADS LIKE YOU WHO CAUSE TEENAGERS TO KILL THEMSELVES EVERY YEAR!!!!:mad: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOU WERE BEING BULLIED ON THE INTERNET BY A BUNCH OF JERKS HUH? YOU BETTER START TREATING ME WITH RESPECT IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU....I DO NOT DESERVE ANY OF THIS CRAP BECAUSE ALL IM TRYING TO DO IS BE NICE AND TRY TO FIT IN!!!!
Or maybe you have no right to think that we weren't treated the same when we first got here. The world is not your own little melodramatic pity party that we all have to be absorbed in to make YOU happy. Get the **** over yourself.

I'm going to tell you exactly what I was told when I first joined and got the end of the stick that you're on right now. Don't "try" to fit in. Just be yourself.

Don't believe me. Look up posts from August 2009 from me. You'll see.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Or maybe you have no right to think that we weren't treated the same when we first got here. The world is not your own little melodramatic pity party that we all have to be absorbed in to make YOU happy. Get the **** over yourself.

I'm going to tell you exactly what I was told when I first joined and got the end of the stick that you're on right now. Don't "try" to fit in. Just be yourself.

Ecuse me? I've tried being myself, but no...You guys have to bully me and make rude comments on my videos..ALL RIGHT, YOU KNOW WHAT? IT'S THE END OF THE ROAD FOR EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!!!!!:mad: I hope y'all have enjoyed SWF.....

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty

*sniff* Curlz has grown up... Pickle, please listen to his post. You're not doing yourself any favors threatening us with empty internet threats.

And thanks Curlz for answering my questions.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
You actually came in here calling us uneducated and whatnot. We got on you because you threw misguided and flat out incorrect insults. Now we just ignore you. Most of the time when someone is obviously not "appreciated" they find other friends or at least be nice. You're not even a pleasant person from what you post honestly.

As for MLG rides and such. Me and Ran were driving. John told me Freddy wanted to go as well bringing our total to nine people which IMO would need 3 rooms.

Curlz

Smash Lord
3 people per room? I just stayed in one room with 8 people last weekend! 2 should be just fine.
This.

I am fine with still only having 2 rooms for 9 people. Lol. I wanna pay as little as possible while still being comfortable.

And you're welcome about the questions. I like having stuff organized. :]

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ecuse me? I've tried being myself, but no...You guys have to bully me and make rude comments on my videos..ALL RIGHT, YOU KNOW WHAT? IT'S THE END OF THE ROAD FOR EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!!!!!:mad:
Do you want me to go back and quote you to see WHY we went off on you?

I hope y'all have enjoyed SWF.....
Lol. That's all I'm going to say.

Edit: Oh noez! A double post! Hey Tommy, you butt-hurt?

-Ran

Smash Master
I might be able to rent a big *** van for MLG from my aunt at a really good price. I'll know more later.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I might be able to rent a big *** van for MLG from my aunt at a really good price. I'll know more later.
That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'm not expecting good gas mileage, but split between 8 people it shouldn't be too bad, right? It'll seat 8?

Top Bottom