• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
So I'm gonna talk to Stephen at Gameware about setting up a Naruto tournament soon. We've been trying to get one for so long..

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Wow. This thread seems dead.... Here's something to talk about...

I'm having the third semi-quartely, possibly annuanly (who the hell am I kidding, I do it whenever I **** well feel like it) tournament.

It will either be April 7th or April 14th. Both occur during spring break, and both dates are Saturdays. Please take a quick poll and tell me what day you would rather have it on. Yes, there will be money involved. No, you don't necassarily have to pay, but I'm sure most people will. No, I will not take a cut from the pot for hosting, because I'm an increddibly generous guy. I also apparantly can't spell "incredibly."

I will have 1 vs 1. We have everything set up to record matches, and I hope to have 2 vs 2 random team mates (or is it teamates...? That sounds like tea mates, you know, mates who drink tea together.) battles.

SirSka, if you can't come this time, I will end you.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
This thread does seem a little dead, so I will give a topic:
What were (are) the economic advantages/disadvantages of annexing Alaska?
<or>
Do you think a baby could eat another baby?

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Qualifying questions:

1 - Are either of the two babies vampires and/or Jay Leno?
2 - What is Alaska?

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Wow. This thread seems dead.... Here's something to talk about...

I'm having the third semi-quartely, possibly annuanly (who the hell am I kidding, I do it whenever I **** well feel like it) tournament.

It will either be April 7th or April 14th. Both occur during spring break, and both dates are Saturdays. Please take a quick poll and tell me what day you would rather have it on. Yes, there will be money involved. No, you don't necassarily have to pay, but I'm sure most people will. No, I will not take a cut from the pot for hosting, because I'm an increddibly generous guy. I also apparantly can't spell "incredibly."

I will have 1 vs 1. We have everything set up to record matches, and I hope to have 2 vs 2 random team mates (or is it teamates...? That sounds like tea mates, you know, mates who drink tea together.) battles.

SirSka, if you can't come this time, I will end you.
7th sounds good, and I will make this one even if it kills me. I swear I suck soo bad right now it ain't even funny.

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
dead dead dead the post is dead

the tourny should be on the 7th and all should be there and if a baby could eat another baby it would be in baby tortillas :D

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
sounds like it will be the 7th. That date works the best for me also. sucks to be sudai. ill make the preperations.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, so NN5 or whatever cyphus keeps talking about, ill go if like eric goes or something cause yeah. but as far as bake's app toruny goes, ill see if i can make it... but yeah, uhm,, thats all for now

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'm not sure, but the way it's looking atm (uncertain in every way) I might be going to dibbz on Saturday with Tony where we'll meet up with whoever and play for however long.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Ok.

Atleast the best part about Bakemonkey's tourny was meeting a bunch people (i think there were atleast 25+ people that went which was fun).

Although i wasn't able to stay i should of and got mad drunk.

Anyhow so dibbz saturday im going kk peace.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
BAH, tony's g@y and has to play the piano so unless I can get a ride to dibbz, it's looking like I can't make it.

But idk, Avery and Austin are desperate to play people so Kyle or Matt, if you want to go ahead and play among y'all that's cool.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
no EP im better :p and does anyone want to play fuxing smash right now?

if so call my cellphone, 225-907-7282

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Aight since Matt's covering my n00b *** and all, this means I'll be able to play tomorrow. So anyone else who's willing to play (>_> Kyle?) we'll be there at like 6 and stay till whenever.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ah it's cool Kyle. Atleast you managed to only miss one smash session where as I happened to miss everyone for like a year. >_>

And Dibbz was a lot of fun. Too bad I didn't get a match in with Cyphus, but I did get a lot in with Lee (whose fingers are way too fast . . .). Loved seeing Avery and Austin again, and I love playing against Matt (matches were too intense).

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
so im gonna try to set up a tourny at my house within the next week or so so like yeah anyone who wants to come to that just like call me.. or like repost, but yeah, im not sure yet, i would say chances are like... 70% :O

VVB

SD Champ
I want to try and make more torunies outside of Lafayette, so Sets if anything comes up about next week let me know. Bake and I (and maybe a couple guys who we smash with here) would make it if the date and time allows.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
so uhh who wants to play some smash right now or something if so

call my cell

907-7282 (225)

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Chuck Norris was born in Houma, so I think Cyphus is awesomer (word?) simply by association with a location.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
*laughs evily at Ever_Power*

Dude, rematch for great justice...AND YOU CANT QUIT IN THE MIDDLE OF A MATCH...that's some bull homie.

Nicknyte's Strategy for being marth:

1. Embrace the gayness.
2. Return it back to friends.

You have to embrace it anally BTW. Thank gawd that Cyphus carries Lube at all times.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
*this is taylor in houma with brandon and lee pwning them with dk*

so sorry freddy but the best players are car pooling in brandon's car. inn5 is like 5 hours away. so its me, lee, eet, brandon, and kyle. if u think u can take any of our spots im sure all of us are willing to play you or even mm you since u seem so confident lately. i did call u the other day when u sent me a text, but the smash party was over by then. N.O. is also car pooling to inn5 with like 8 more people so LA will be ****-resenting (representing). trust me i didnt want to not let u play in the last mall tourney; it was just literally half way over and there was no way to get u in. next time just call me ahead of time and i'll reserve your spot and save your matches till u get there; or u can just show up on time which is prefered, but i understrand sometimes there are circumstances that allow that not to happen.

on the subject of bakemonkey's tourney; i'll try to attend and i think cyphus and lee will too. except for one thing... the money involvement sounds ********. i think there should be a small entry fee (say $5?) but idk what u mean by
"
Yes, there will be money involved. No, you don't necassarily have to pay, but I'm sure most people will. "

yeah and only cyphus can claim to be awesome even tho me and lee **** him. he's just cool like that; so if anyone else wants to claim it you can take it up with me noobs.

lol

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
okay so if i read that right, i cant go to inn5 unless i MM someone? (the names that you mentioned) dude not to be an ***, but i think that is ****in retarted, but whatever. btw i doubt it was half over, because it lasted about 2 more hours after i got there. but my word means nothing so whatever.

Also, i want to play smash today, so if anyone wants to play call my cell

(225) 907-7282

Top Bottom