• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I broke up with my girlfriend...****ing ***** was sucking my **** and ending up puking all over it.

Being the good boyfriend that I am, I washed my **** off and told her to gimme a handjob instead. Apparently her nails weren't cut though and the clumsy ***** ended up scratching me and making me bleed.

Being the amazing boyfriend that I am, I gave her one more chance and told her to suck the blood off my ****. She tried and ended up puking on me again. I literally pimp slapped her and left.

****ing stupid hoes I swear to god.
Lol. I love when people forget to logout at my house. First everett had a 3 inch ****, now greg is a somewhat merciful sadistic pimp slapping *******.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Here's what I understood from mlgpro.com.

After the Brawl Bracket the top 8 (after the points are added up) will be seeded into a another bracket to play for the National Championship and the prizes that go along with it.

Spectators get in free to watch, so I don't think they would charge players $35 for passes just so we can watch too. Not only that, it says that Halo 3 is Invitation Only and it doesn't say it next to Brawl so I don't see that us entering would pose as a problem.

I could be wrong though.

-Ran

Smash Master
Dallas isn't invitational only for Brawl. It's open registration for the first bracket, and then the actual points bracket takes place after the full bracket is played out. [From what I understand. ]

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
For Dallas, there's two brackets: Open and Championship. The Top 8 in points up to that point are automatically put into the Championship bracket. The top 8 from the Open bracket, once the open bracket is finished, are put into the Championship bracket.

That's what I got out of it. They didn't specify if the top 8 in points have to play in Open bracket or not, but I would assume they don't.

Curlz

Smash Lord
For Dallas, there's two brackets: Open and Championship. The Top 8 in points up to that point are automatically put into the Championship bracket. The top 8 from the Open bracket, once the open bracket is finished, are put into the Championship bracket.

That's what I got out of it. They didn't specify if the top 8 in points have to play in Open bracket or not, but I would assume they don't.
I would assume they do. The open bracket includes everyone up until the finals are played. They add up the points from each player's placing throughout the entire pro circuit and then the top 8 from that are put into the championship bracket.

This is so people like ADHD (who is tied for the 14th spot currently) could possibly up their score to qualify for the championship bracket.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I would assume they do. The open bracket includes everyone up until the finals are played. They add up the points from each player's placing throughout the entire pro circuit and then the top 8 from that are put into the championship bracket.

This is so people like ADHD (who is tied for the 14th spot currently) could possibly up their score to qualify for the championship bracket.
Just read the format for Dallas on mlgpro.com:

The top 8 in points after D.C. will automatically be put into the Championship Bracket. The 1-4 seeds will get a bye into Winner's Round 2. The 5-8 seeds will start in Winner's Bracket Round 1.

THE OPEN BRACKET DOES NOT GIVE POINTS. Once there are only 8 players left (4 remaining in WSF's, 4 remaining in LQF's) in the Open Bracket, they will be put into the Championship Bracket. Those coming from Loser's in the Open Bracket start in Loser's in the Championship Bracket, and Winner's start in Winner's.

Now, it says that the Championship Bracket can support AS MANY AS 16 players. This could mean that if all of the top 8 in Open Bracket are the actual 1-8 in points, there would only be 8 people in Championship Bracket. However, they do not specifiy whether or not the players with "Automatic Bracket Qualification" have to enter the Open Bracket. Ally actually posted this question in the D.C. thread, and is waiting for a response.

EDIT: I scrolled down a little bit more. The top 8 Pro SSBB Players who notify MLG of their plan to participate in the National Championship Event, by the deadline, will start in the Championship Bracket. If a SSBB Player is needed to replace a Championship Bracket Player who chooses not to participate in the Event, the Player with the #1 Open Bracket Seed at the Team Builder Lock will be selected (See 2010 Pro Circuit Registration Rules). SSBB Players will not be selected to replace a Championship Bracket Player who chooses not to participate in the Event, but fails to notify MLG prior to the start of the Event. If a SSBB Player is selected to replace a Championship Bracket Player, they will be given the #8 Seed. Other Championship Bracket Players may see their Seed rise by one, however, all Players will keep their position in the Championship Bracket. The replacement Player will take the position of the Player that they replaced.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
So I looked up the hotels and there are two that are close by. The one Curlz linked in $59 a night but there is another one at 2222 Stemmons which according to addresses is on the same block as the venue. That one is also $59. Once Oct. 6 comes along and everyone gets their passes we can book the rooms because we'll know how many people are bout it bout it. If we don't have a lot of people interested we could look into housing with Dallas but I personally don't know my way around Dallas and would strongly prefer not to be late.

Curlz

Smash Lord
God, MLG just has to complicate everything, don't they? But thanks for [kind of] clearing things up. At least we all know we can compete. :D

We need to figure out Carpools, Housing, Interest. I, honestly (if I haven't m ade it clear before), would prefer to have a hotel. Preferably in the MLG venue, but that's very costly and I like the $35/night $59/night deal that Jio can pull us for a hotel right down the road.

Interest:

BSL
Curlz
*Curlz Friend
^Everett(?)
Hyro(?)
^Jiovanni
JNig
Lee
^Ran(?)
Sudai

^ = Denotes possible carpool.

* My friend is going to meet us at the MLG venue. She's staying wherever I'm staying at and is willing to pay for gas to bring her to/from the MLG venue and is paying her own split of Hotel rooms.

Edit: Late post is late.

Jio, 2222 Stemmons is the Renaissance Dallas Hotel, you could get us something cheap on that?

Edit2: The one that Jio found is right across the street from MLG. Its literal walking distance if we wanted to walk there. All we would is walk under an overpass and take a left. I'm on a street view on google maps and its not that far. It would take 10 minutes at max to walk. If I'm not mistaken, Hilton Anatole charges for parking, so that COULD be the best option. Lol.

ChKn

Smash Ace
http://www.marriott.com/hotel/freebreakfast.mi <----------------

EDIT: "Make the most of your weekend at participating JW Marriott, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts. Stay Thursday to Sunday (must include a Friday or Saturday night) from October 14 to January 2, and get FREE BREAKFAST, plus a $100 Bonus Bucks coupon to use on your next stay."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And cuz I know u all bi:
http://www.marriott.com/specials/mesOffer.mi?marrOfferId=521305&displayLink=true

Savon

Smash Ace
I wish my mom was pro enough to let me go on smash trips. Hopefully when I graduate this year things will change.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
reflex is all up in this thread, handin out infractions left and right.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i dont like that squirtle. idk why, it just doesnt look good.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I went ahead and made my own brawl tier list it goes like this:

God tier: Wiggins

Bad list: Everyone else.

This is real, because, ya know, I play brawl and stuff. Discuss.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
God, MLG just has to complicate everything, don't they? But thanks for [kind of] clearing things up. At least we all know we can compete. :D

We need to figure out Carpools, Housing, Interest. I, honestly (if I haven't m ade it clear before), would prefer to have a hotel. Preferably in the MLG venue, but that's very costly and I like the $35/night $59/night deal that Jio can pull us for a hotel right down the road.

Interest:

BSL
Curlz
*Curlz Friend
^Everett(?)
Hyro(?)
^Jiovanni
JNig
Lee
^Ran(?)
Sudai

* My friend is going to meet us at the MLG venue. She's staying wherever I'm staying at and is willing to pay for gas to bring her to/from the MLG venue and is paying her own split of Hotel rooms.

Jio, 2222 Stemmons is the Renaissance Dallas Hotel, you could get us something cheap on that?

Edit2: The one that Jio found is right across the street from MLG. Its literal walking distance if we wanted to walk there. All we would is walk under an overpass and take a left. I'm on a street view on google maps and its not that far. It would take 10 minutes at max to walk. If I'm not mistaken, Hilton Anatole charges for parking, so that COULD be the best option. Lol.
is your friend cute? can you hook me up?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I need to know who plans to go to HOBO.
I second this post!
Tell Ran who all plans to go to HOBO
For those who can't make it to HOBO, please tell me if you plan to come to Voodoo.
It's this Saturday people, and this could be the beginning of CI Monthlies again. Trust me, I have the time for it unless there's a home LSU game.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Reflex, stompin' yo face.
I am a hero of justice.

It was just so blatant, hah. I'm not really concerned, but there's no reason to break the rules for the sake of breaking the rules.

That being said, remember that winners don't use drugs, and no one should talk about it on the boards at all. : |

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

Interest:

BSL
Curlz
*Curlz Friend
^Everett(?)
Hyro(?)
^Jiovanni
JNig
Lee
^Ran(?)
Sudai

Nitez said he wanted to go as well so that would bring the grand total to 11 so far but don't forget passes go on sale tomorrow so once everyone has passes we can get everything sorted out for sure. Hotels need to be booked asap since prices may go up as things get closer.

And yes the Renaissance chain is under the Marriott umbrella so I can get a discount at those too. Personally I'd prefer $59 a night to be across the street as opposed to $129 a night for the venue. I'm gonna put my car in the shop later this month so It'll be ready for the trip.

Top Bottom