• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I broke up with my girlfriend...****ing ***** was sucking my **** and ending up puking all over it.

Being the good boyfriend that I am, I washed my **** off and told her to gimme a handjob instead. Apparently her nails weren't cut though and the clumsy ***** ended up scratching me and making me bleed.

Being the amazing boyfriend that I am, I gave her one more chance and told her to suck the blood off my ****. She tried and ended up puking on me again. I literally pimp slapped her and left.

****ing stupid hoes I swear to god.
sounds hot. got it on video?

Turazrok

Smash Master
I rock being an *******.

Like the transition over the past year was... People called me *******.. Didn't realize it.

Noticed it. Began to tryhard at being an *******.

It's fun.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yeah cuz apparently I was doinitrite for years without noticing until BSL pointed it out.

pro censor dodge

Curlz

Smash Lord
The venue for MLG Dallas has been posted.

http://www.mlgpro.com/content/alerts/313292/Book-Your-Room-for-MLG-Dallas-Now

mlgpro.com said:
The 2010 National Championships in Dallas on November 5-7 are rapidly approaching, following hot on the heels of MLG D.C. Dallas will be a blowout, featuring a special Halo: Reach exhibition Event, battles for the Championship title in every Pro Circuit game, and the closing chapter of Halo 3's run on the Pro Circuit. Rooms in the hotel attached to the venue are available now; book yours and make sure you get a place, as attendance is expected to be at an all-time high and rooms will sell out.

HILTON ANATOLE
2201 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207

Rate: $129/night
Deadline: 10/12

Reservation phone: 214-761-7261
Jiovanni, get on that!

Who's interested in going?

D

Deleted member

battou if that story is legit and she was hot, youre a moron. i mean, im leaving out alot of factors like whether she ignorant or annoying but still, if you broke up with her because she was a little clumsy, you dumb. you could have trained her to pay better attention. ***** was SUCKING THE BLOOD OFF YOUR ****. TOO GOOD. but really im not there, it just seemed like a bad choice.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
but she puked into his cuts, taylor. i mean, thats just nasty. /cleveland voice

Curlz

Smash Lord
MLG DALLAS INFO:

See previous post.

The venue for MLG Dallas is at the same venue as QuakeCon. It can be found HERE, a Hilton Hotel. Jiovanni said that he could get us a discount at Mariott Hotels that could go as low as $59 - $79 a night. With that being said, I looked into Mariott Hotels near the venue and I found one that is only TWO MILES from the venue that can be found HERE.

As much as its not reccomended, I used Mapquest to see how far away these two were and came up with THIS.

Jiovanni said that he's down with the discount (as well as I am), but its up to the initial group to what we do. He said if we do use his discount that we'll need exactl numbers, and soon. So let me know if you're interested in going and if you would rather stay at The Hilton for $129/night or The Mariott for $59-$79/night.

Edit:

I'm talking to Lee about this right now, and he's worried that we might not get to play because MLG Dallas is the National Championship. Is there any difference from normal MLG Events and the National Championship other than the prizes or the name?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
ok, so.

we get one with MLG and pay 129 a night, or we get one with jio and pay 79 a night?

how many people can we fit in a room for either hotel?

Curlz

Smash Lord
ok, so.

we get one with MLG and pay 129 a night, or we get one with jio and pay 79 a night?

how many people can we fit in a room for either hotel?
We could technically fit as many people as we want, but that would be uncomfortable as **** to have 6-10 people in one room.

I'm thinking we find out how many people we could get to come with us and get however many room we need for 4 people to one room.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yeah, i meant comfortably. so 4 is normally the comfort max?

i really really hope my mom lets me go to this

Curlz

Smash Lord
yeah, i meant comfortably. so 4 is normally the comfort max?

i really really hope my mom lets me go to this
Well, I'm assuming we're getting a 2 bed room, so two people to a bed seems comfortable. If someone has a problem sharing a bed.... sleep on the floor because there will still be plenty of room.

Also assuming that rooms are $79/night; that between 4 people would only be ~$20/person. That plus the MLG Pass ($35, I think) its still only $55 we're spending not including gas and food. That's pretty good.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
well, thats only one night. would we only stay one night?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Umm, couldn't we just house with Dallas people, idk, FO FREE?

I understand that they may give people farther away more priority, but at the same time, we (the ones who frequent TX tournies) know these people, so they may house us first. I would consider exhausting that option first, but thats just IMO.

Voodoo and DC hype! YEEEEEAAAAAA I main Falco now, he's FUN.

Oh and Curlz, some of us (like me) would gladly go as far as to sleep on the floor to get a cheaper hotel cost for everybody.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
good point, jnig, but i dont know if ill get to go if i have to stay at someone's house. i dont expect everyone to spend ~100 each just to get me to go, but...............idkkkkkkk

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
if i told them i was going to the hotel, where would the money i spend go? i kind of have to book the hotel and stuff, right?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Umm, couldn't we just house with Dallas people, idk, FO FREE?

I understand that they may give people farther away more priority, but at the same time, we (the ones who frequent TX tournies) know these people, so they may house us first. I would consider exhausting that option first, but thats just IMO.

Voodoo and DC hype! YEEEEEAAAAAA I main Falco now, he's FUN.

Oh and Curlz, some of us (like me) would gladly go as far as to sleep on the floor to get a cheaper hotel cost for everybody.
This may be possible depending on numbers. I've never housed at Dallas so I'm unsure if they would house upwards of 8 people that are close relative to other people. About stuffing people into rooms, hotels charge a fee for extra people to stay in rooms so cramming 8 people in a room meant for 4 isn't necessarily the value that it may seem.

Curlz

Smash Lord
We have probably 2-3 carpools from LA going for MLG. Would TX house all of us?

LA also has a tardiness problem when we're housed by Texas players as well (QuakeCon being the exception). MLG doesn't mess around. If we're late we're DQ'd.

I, honestly, would rather stay in a hotel.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Plan: Say one person is buying the hotel rooms with his credit card, and everyone else is paying back in cash when we get together. They give you the cash, you save it/hide it/secretly buy something nice for yourself.

Done.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
honestly, i dont think that would work. but hey, who knows, eh? lets figure out the room situation, then flesh out lies afterword(s), lol.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
This may be possible depending on numbers. I've never housed at Dallas so I'm unsure if they would house upwards of 8 people that are close relative to other people. About stuffing people into rooms, hotels charge a fee for extra people to stay in rooms so cramming 8 people in a room meant for 4 isn't necessarily the value that it may seem.
True about the number problem. I forget people are coming out of the boondocks to come to this. And the stuffing hotel rooms, I guess we'll have to see how many people are going, and then plan accordingly.

We have probably 2-3 carpools from LA going for MLG. Would TX house all of us?

LA also has a tardiness problem when we're housed by Texas players as well (QuakeCon being the exception). MLG doesn't mess around. If we're late we're DQ'd.

I, honestly, would rather stay in a hotel.
It's just a possibility that someone would be able to house us. There's no harm in trying to cut costs.

LA has a tardiness problem in TX tournies? Since when? THIS IS MLG, WE AINT MESSIN AROUND!

Oh you fancy huh? :laugh:
I mean, I'll probably just go with whichever character I'm more comfortable in the matchup with, but learning a new character has...reinvigorated me.

Curlz

Smash Lord
So I looked up the employee Marriott Hotel Prices and here's what I got.

The hotel is currently $35 a room for 4 people staying per night @ 2 nights for $70. I'm assuming that JNig and one other person will jump on the bandwagon (hopefully Everett). I will have my car fixed by then so I'll go ahead and volunteer myself to drive one carpool. The hotel is 517 miles from my house which is really close to Dibbz. Round trip I'll just round to 1100 miles for intercity travel. Assuming 25mpg in my car and gas running $2.75 total gas cost will be around $121 for the round trip total. So assuming a carpool in my whip of 4 people we can look at a travel/lodging cost of ~$47.75 which is close to $50. The venue for Dallas is still TBA so I'm unsure how far it is away. If it happens to be at a Marriott hotel I can still get a discounted rate, but since a large convention would be there the price per night would go up to about $100 per night.

tl;dr version:
-Hotel is $35 a night for 2 nights or $17.50 person before tax
-Gas in Jio's car ~$30 a person
-Total cost for gas and hotel in Jio's carpool ~$50.00
-Definitely getting 2 rooms.
-May get a room at the venue
Quote because I found this and I thought it'd be helpful.

$17.50(room) + $30(gas) + $35(pass) = Win?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Double post for awesomeness.

So I looked up the employee Marriott Hotel Prices and here's what I got.

The hotel is currently $35 a room for 4 people staying per night @ 2 nights for $70. I'm assuming that JNig and one other person will jump on the bandwagon (hopefully Everett). I will have my car fixed by then so I'll go ahead and volunteer myself to drive one carpool. The hotel is 517 miles from my house which is really close to Dibbz. Round trip I'll just round to 1100 miles for intercity travel. Assuming 25mpg in my car and gas running $2.75 total gas cost will be around $121 for the round trip total. So assuming a carpool in my whip of 4 people we can look at a travel/lodging cost of ~$47.75 which is close to $50. The venue for Dallas is still TBA so I'm unsure how far it is away. If it happens to be at a Marriott hotel I can still get a discounted rate, but since a large convention would be there the price per night would go up to about $100 per night.

tl;dr version:
-Hotel is $35 a night for 2 nights or $17.50 person before tax
-Gas in Jio's car ~$30 a person
-Total cost for gas and hotel in Jio's carpool ~$50.00
-Definitely getting 2 rooms.
-May get a room at the venue
Wow this is great! Forgot about this. This is SOOOOO FCKING LEGIT!!!!

But we should still see about Dallas housing...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
ive asked this question earlier, around the time of the jio quote, and i got a yes for that.

Top Bottom