• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Island Smash Thread: Billy Joel and Wings Over

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Yo **** that, I got a ticket that way.

Not many people turned up to that next level tourney huh, ben?
No man, there were a decent amount of people. Just not that many signed up for the tourney. Plus 5th is still pretty solid ether way

Edit: also how did u get a ticket that way? As long as it doesn't say no turm on red its legal on the island. And now that i have a job were i drive a lot being able to turm right on red on the island means so much more to me. **** driving in queens or brooklyn
:phone:

Smashjin

Smash Ace
No man, there were a decent amount of people. Just not that many signed up for the tourney. Plus 5th is still pretty solid ether way

Edit: also how did u get a ticket that way? As long as it doesn't say no turm on red its legal on the island. And now that i have a job were i drive a lot being able to turm right on red on the island means so much more to me. **** driving in queens or brooklyn
A light was yellow changing red, I didn't come to a full stop. I slowed down to a pretty slow speed as it was changing red, saw that the other cars hadn't started going yet, then I went. Camera got me.

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
that blows. ON the bright side you didnt get 8 points for doing 74 in a 40. not like i know anyone who did that. >___>

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the requirement that you come to a full stop before making a right on red gets a lot of people tickets.

Don't get baited by the yellow light, you get punished every time.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
A light was yellow changing red, I didn't come to a full stop. I slowed down to a pretty slow speed as it was changing red, saw that the other cars hadn't started going yet, then I went. Camera got me.
Yo those cameras r a ****ing *****. I luckly have not been photographed doing anything yet but i have almost had accidents b/c of having to slam the breaks and being blinded by the flash. I want to start or join a movement to get rid of those things

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Yeah it was stupid, I had slowed down enough and safely realized I had time to go before the other side did.

The only other ticket I had gotten was going 80 on the LIE a while back, though another car was going about as fast I was just in the HOV lane therefore closer to the cop. I had another person in the car though.

John, you and the Shirley crew should hit up Boat Mode and the Kings Park crew and get together for some fests when you're around. They're looking for more people to play as well.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Don't be afraid to PM random people if you want to find people to play too. This goes for everyone.

Also I think I'm going to start posting/updating the OP with upcoming tournaments.
Wes is hosting a tourney in the city, reviving gauntlet, which is pretty sick. Kinda like old school coming back. Also Zenith 2012 in May.

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
Yea i saw that, I wanna go there for my march tourney. aiming for 12 tourneys this year. same for zenith.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Let me think whats coming up.

Jared said he hopes for end of month tourney

Then we have gauntlet. (Not sure if its a monthly or whatnot)

Then we had more sudden deaths

Then zenith.

And i for one plan on going to impulse.

So with all of those and some being monthlys i figure 12 this year is very doable.

Plus no johns is around as well

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
Is there supposed to be a tourney at SBU?
also when are you guys playing next, i want to play you guys again.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
atm none of my friends who go to sbu have told me about a tourney up there.

Also atm i have no plans to go to sbu but maybe i will try to go after work next friday. I just need to talk to some people so when i go up there there r people to play

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
I return for Spring Break on the weekend of March 3rd; so if anybody wants to play melee then, 'twould be my honor and privilege.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Yo i should say jared told me he still wants to do a tourney b4 the end of the month. Not sure if its going to happen b4 the month ends b/c time is already running short but i figured i would tell u guys about it so even if it has a low amount of advertisement time u guys know about it

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
Jared is a samus at SBU right? i didn't really get everyone's name. but yea. I'd be down for that, SBU isn't as much as an endavour as say NJ or MA. lol

dontcallmeRP

Smash Rookie
I've been playing at SBU a lot, it's pretty chill. They're open all day and there's almost always at least a few people playing smash, they've got i think like 25 people on the ladder who all show up at some point or another with a nice variety of skill range across them and pretty much every character represented (John Numbers' pichu deserves your respect). So yeah, great place to practice and no appointment necessary. Haven't heard anything about them hosting a tournament, though. But between Gauntlet, prog's tourney and the other one mentioned I think the LI melee scene is on the verge of retaining its pre-Brawl glory, and I couldn't be more hyped about it. If anyone wants to practice, PM me!

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I want to host a few smashfests in my backyard in the late spring before it gets too hot. I can have like 20 or so people over.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Ryan i need to play u again. I think i can beat u this time, i feel my vs falco game has gotten much better. But i felt the same way last time we met as well and that did not go so well for me

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Yo I'm looking to play tonight, if you wanna play hit me up. Might check out sbu basement tonight.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Man with a mm i am pretty much paying him to play me, i think the least he could do is come to me/neutral ground

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Double posting like a proI plan on going to stonybrook this fri. I probably wont be there till kinda late like 8 or 9ish so if people want to play me come on down. Also please respond to this b/c if i think no one is going to be there i might not go

Top Bottom