• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Island Smash Thread: Billy Joel and Wings Over

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
Yea i only played you twice :/ as my crappy fox too.

Also, do you need to go to sbu to join the ladder?
:phone:

Smashjin

Smash Ace
I don't believe so, as long as you can be around to take challenges and such. I could be wrong though.

Stephen would be able to answer that question definitely though.

I wanted to play some of my other characters against your Fox too..

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea i plan on going to that tourney, also stephen might go and a friend of mine named jay might come as well (not sure if ether r going but i am going for sure unless something big comes up to stop me).

Also LI i have got a new gamer tag, i for now on am using the tag "Ben Grimm" so its clobbering time

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
lol. i'll look out for your tag. mine is **** (and yes there's actually a funny story of how it came to be). if anyone sees me playing, feel free to say hello.

Soukon

Smash Rookie
Looking for some opponents

Hey, I'd like to put my name on the map and meet some of you LI brawlers.

Name : Soukon
Town : Farmingdale
Main : Toon Link
Alts : Pikachu, DK, Samus, Mario
Aim : Opieslice
E-mail : john-paul7007@hotmail.com

Get at me

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
How's it going man? I'll add you.

Also congrats on living in the same town as Wings Over.
lol its funny that living in the same town is worthy of a congrats. (not saying it isnt. i agree with the congrats in fact, just saying its kinda funny thats all it takes to earn it)

Smashjin

Smash Ace
lol its funny that living in the same town is worthy of a congrats. (not saying it isnt. i agree with the congrats in fact, just saying its kinda funny thats all it takes to earn it)
Even the homeless guys that are in the same town as Wings Over are lucky.

XD It's going well. And yes, I frequent Wings Over. Best chicken you'll ever find.
Good man. I'd talk to Coontail and probably whoever else seems close to you in Nassau. Maybe Will, and them out in Suffolk too. I'm not sure where Vinnie lives exactly because a ton of brawlheads don't post in here.

Sorry I'm not as in tune with the LI brawlers as the as I am with the Melee scene.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
No melee? Play melee.

That ninja post. I wanted to post that, but I was trying to be more tolerating haha. But real talk if you got into Melee there's a ton of people you could play with and would most likely help.

Edit: Also the dude does frequent Wings Over, which is worth worlds of respect in my eyes.

Soukon

Smash Rookie
Hmm, I was huge into mele before brawl came out. I got it within the week it was released and played it like crazy. Then just moved into the next gen XD if there is really that big a fan base still I could see getting back into it.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Hmm, I was huge into mele before brawl came out. I got it within the week it was released and played it like crazy. Then just moved into the next gen XD if there is really that big a fan base still I could see getting back into it.
Unbiased answer: There's still a pretty big following for Melee. There's a bunch of players that are still active on Long Island and there's usually a tournament every week or every other week pretty close by. Play whatever you have fun playing though.

Biased answer: Maaan. Play Melee! Game is so much better, there's a ton of players you can play on LI.

Real talk though, there's enough players to play what you have fun playing.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yo smashjin just want to say dont take the stuff i am saying on the samus boards to heart i am just ****ing around

Soukon

Smash Rookie
Anyone wanna get in some friendly games sometime soon? I'm looking to meet up with some ppl before that tourney at Stonybrook

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
Legendary. That was awesome. We probs coulda made it another round in if thorn/zeb wasnt our first round.
Also shoutouts to taking out the team that took out boat mode.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Legendary. That was awesome. We probs coulda made it another round in if thorn/zeb wasnt our first round.
Also shoutouts to taking out the team that took out boat mode.

Though we did start with a bye since we played th0rn/zeb first round, so it was a free win anyway.

I did see we took out the team that took them out lol. We almost played KP in tourney.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I was kinda salty about that we lost 3rd match 2 stocks. Pretty sure frank killed me but no Johns they beat us.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Yeah those dudes.

Talkin about mass madness in the LI thread. Hell yeah.

Unrelated. Anyone wanna meet up for smash this week? I've got some salt I need to take out.

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
Yeah those dudes.

Talkin about mass madness in the LI thread. Hell yeah.

Unrelated. Anyone wanna meet up for smash this week? I've got some salt I need to take out.

yea we haven't gotten much snow and i bought too much salt, and really need to use some. anyone down?

Top Bottom