• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Island Smash Thread: Billy Joel and Wings Over

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Also doesn't help the community outside of LI doesn't really know him. I don't think he makes an effort to communicate with the city and let them know of his tourneys either does he?

That'd be awesome if he made them monthlies though.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Also doesn't help the community outside of LI doesn't really know him. I don't think he makes an effort to communicate with the city and let them know of his tourneys either does he?

That'd be awesome if he made them monthlies though.
it is true he is kinda lackadaisical in his promotion of his tourneys. but like i said who else is willing to run one? I tried running a tourney once and i sucked at it, not only did i suck in the tourney itself but i wanted to play more then host so i sucked at hosting as well. So i dont believe i am the best pick for a to, but maybe if i get the drive i will try to do it again assuming people r willing to show up

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Codi was talking about hosting a while back, I'm not sure if he was still planning on. It's a shame Will doesn't really involve himself with Melee at all, he used to host both for a bit..

dontcallmeRP

Smash Rookie
people are gonna be smashing at sbu tomorrow? someone pm me with details and a contact number if possible?

Leacero

Smash Lord
They usually play in the basement of the Union room 025 (?), reception is bad down there so calling might not always be effective. Might have changed since I left though.

Private_O_Malley

Smash Cadet
I'll be rehositng in February.
Had to hold off cause the store owner is moving the store to a new spot in Massapequa at the end of the month.

But i do thoroughly enjoy running these and hope to make it monthly soon.

Private_O_Malley

Smash Cadet
no, im waiting for the store owner to move the venue first before I set a date

this place doesnt havent Five Guys next to it, but its got a solid ice cream parlor nearby.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
if u want to play smash/have a place to play i might be down for playing.

also i am kinda upset crews dont really exist anymore. i really wish they were still a thing b/c i kinda want li to have a crew and stuff. o well guess i am just to late to this party

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Did not know Wings was a wide-spread chain. There is one here in Virginia, but I assumed it was a more localized thing. This is pretty exciting news.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea i found out about wings b/c of my bro. he went to Cornell and they had a wings up there. I figure they try to put it near collage campuses.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
You guys should probably go to that tourney. I'll be scrubbing it up at Mass Madness.

Also I'd like to Smash Friday or Saturday, but I don't know where that could take place. Not sure how late I'd be able to play, since I'm probably crashing at my Dad's or my friend's (which is his Aunt's).

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I'm down. Also, I will look into hosting a tournament on long island as well.

:phone:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
o man wings on sat :( i am busy on sat, sisters bday stuff. but i hear u r going to stony on fri, so if i can i will try to drop by after work

Leacero

Smash Lord
A tear slowly rolls down his face.

He turns away from the thread, unable to read more on what he will be missing.

The young warrior returns to the cold dim light of his monitor, where the remainder of his lab report awaits him.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Yo shoutouts to SBU smashers for being legit.

Thanks for having us guys, can't wait to go back.

:phone:

Leacero

Smash Lord
I hear Delvo made his grand reappearance, beat Remy, and left in the sunset just to let everyone know he could.

BTW while you guys were playing at SBU, I was busy getting ***** by Northwestern smashers.

WHERE'S MY POSSE AT?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yo smash fest at stony was legit, and i am now the official champ winning the impromptu tourney. Also shutouts to delvo vs stephen rock paper scissors match which went like 20 rounds

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I defo wanna do that again. I don't play anyone good besides Boat Mode when I'm in Kings Park :(
Lol @ Boat Mode being good. Kids free as ****. I'm just gonna teach a bunch of 17 year olds how to play and Kings Parks gonna take over.

Anyway how late are there usually people playing at the union? I wanna get back there soon, maybe even some time this week if possible.

Top Bottom