• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Island Smash Thread: Billy Joel and Wings Over

Smashjin

Smash Ace
I'm most likely coming from Cape Cod, Ryan, no johns.

I probably won't be going to Gauntlet though.
I saw Wes post that he was hosting Gauntlet and got kinda hyped, but then I saw he was hosting one for Brawl too. I thought he was a changed man.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
noone's gonna go to the brawl one because there's a big tournament in jersey that day...and its not travel time its living situation lol

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I plan on going to gauntlet , but u dont even come out to sudden death whats up with that man. Also i am down for wings after the tourney

:phone:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
As much as i support blu planet hype this might be the smallest blu planet yet b/c its the same day as no johns.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Hey I know many of you aren't brawl players but between Uprise and Impact there will be 2 brawl tournies on LI A MONTH, so I figured I'd leave these links here for anyone who was interested.

Impact
SWF link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=3190
AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13142
AiB blog: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=134864

Uprise
SWF link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318454
AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13130

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Anyone from upstate NY up in dis? Just moved here last year, and I'm looking to get back into SSBB and play with some new heads. There's a venue just a town over from here where I can hold tournaments and get-togethers, and whatever else. Lemme know!

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i wasnt at SD because i had work and noone told me it was on that day so i didnt take off =_= i'm not a flaker if i was i would never go to LI...I just have alot less time for playing and i dont care about getting better i just play for fun and to socialize. tbh im not too hot on the idea of going out there for blu planet iwould rather go to another delvo garden or SBU considering i hear the BP tournies dont have alot of people. just schedule and advertise them better.

if parallax with their 5 laggy *** tvs could get 40 man tournies out in mineola on a friday night with people coming from the city in an age when fb wasnt nearly as popular then im sure you can get a good turnout too especially since LI is still big on melee it seems

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Bumping this with a double post to say it looks like i will be able to go on sat so get hyped for blu planet

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Lol you got so mad

Anyone down for some smash/pre blu planet training tonight?

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
id have to double check with boat mode, since we'd have to record on his laptop, but yea we split the cost of a dazzle and applicable cords

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Ofc lol just no weird kids i dont know signing into **** on my laptop w/o asking

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
*shouts out*

It would've been nice to have more space for set-ups, since people brought plenty of TVs.

Still haven't played Boat Mode >_>.

Shout-outs to Soup for being the nicest guy there ever was. (And having a pretty clean Marth!)

I may MM Ben Grimm next time I'm in town, just for the hype of it. Good stuff catching G$ off-guard R1.

Codi: Do what works man! Don't be tempted by Fox's charming allure...

I realize I know nothing about the Shiek match-up, I've gotta do something about that nair-OoS Lefty...

GGs and stuff though. Glad LI smash existed, hope to see more of it.

/returns to my abode in Virginia

SpookyLupe

Smash Rookie
Ben had a $10 mm with... someone... but I was too busy with my chicken wrap and newly unwrapped Kyurem EX to pay attention despite how loud he was being about it, lolol. LI sure has a lot more Peach than I thought, and that's fine by me.

Blu Planet was kind of cramped but fun. Looking forward to more locals, LI's turning out to have a better community than I thought. Was Good Trip

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So who won? Results?

Did the MM between Lefty and Ben happen?
Yea the mm happened and i won it 3/2, it was for 5 dollars. Sadly i lost to lefty in tourney 2/1 so in the end we were kinda even. But after the mm i win another set against him.

Also still cant believe i beat g$ in round 1 winners.

Jaun u got the mm next time u r around

Edit: g$ won the tourney and codi came in 2nd

Spooky was i really being that loud? I am pretty sure durning the actual mm i was pretty quiet lol

SpookyLupe

Smash Rookie
Spooky was i really being that loud? I am pretty sure durning the actual mm i was pretty quiet lol
naww, all I remember is hearing "Five dollar money match, right now! No, TEN dollars!!", and wandering off for snacks instead of paying attention to anyone else's play to like, learn stuff. Like how to play, hurrdurr.

Top Bottom