• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lonely Island Mafia- Town Wins!

karthik_king

Smash Ace
FoS Rockin

I highly doubt there is a town roleblocker. Chances are you are mafia goon pretending to be a roleblocker or mafia roleblocker.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Got probed, but I haven't been speaking because I have nothing new to say. I confirmed that I got blocked by Rockin, and that's about it.

I still find Rockin suspicious. His rationale for blocking me is incredibly conspicuous (what if I was a doctor or a cop? Honestly if i was going to read that post as "reverse psychology" the closest interpretation to that that comes to mind is "doc on me"), and now he seems to be wriggling on the hook. I find his defending Tom against the HEY TOM NICE CAT, WHAT DID YOU NAME IT, BABYJESUS thing equally conspicuous, as it's the kind of thing I'd do if I was trying to play town as a mafiat... defend a probable townie, even though he's the one leading my lynch. It raises doubt in the mind, and such.

Also, tying Tom's cat thing to BJ explosion is dumb. There was nothing going on when Tom started posting it. The issue people had with the BJ thing was that it diverted legitimate points I was raising at the time. On the contrary, here, Tom is posting the cat in the general absence of substance.

And Tom, why do you mention those people, but not Kevin "I'm gonna make a post later (wait, no)" M? Isn't that one of those filler posts people tend to pounce on?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
FoS Rockin

I highly doubt there is a town roleblocker. Chances are you are mafia goon pretending to be a roleblocker or mafia roleblocker.
Okay 'Crackers,' explain your reason as to what happen with the flavor EE got on his PM. >: also, -why- in gods name do I want to pretend that I want to be a 'mafia roleblocker.' I have a feeling you don't even read half of the stuff that comes along and just goes about agreeing what the latest person said.

come on man =/

EE, all I was saying that Tom hasn't said any babyjesus related thing since Day 1. I just feel IMO that Tom is just acting Tom: being a smart person and all.

Smash Master
This post is a great example of terrible play. I'm putting the cat in my posts because I found him on the net and I like him. Why are you equating him with the babyjesus jokes? Do you even understand why people FoSed me for the babyjesus joke? Do you really find the cat to be important enough for you to comment on it?

1048576, are you just going for postcount or something?
Really now, JF made like four three-word posts and you accuse me of spamming up the thread?

I know people FoSed you for babyjesus because you were avoiding responding to EE's points and basically allowing yourself free pass to lurk and people called you out on it. I guess today is different because nobody's made any direct attacks on you. Still, the cat was cute the first time. Then you kept posting it. Why? Surely one picture conveys the same mirth as several pictures of the same cat. I'll take you on your word that you posted it over and over because you liked him that much, but yes, I thought it was strange behaviour in the context of scumhunting and I figured I'd post my thoughts on the matter.

Is posting pictures of an ASCII cat an example of not terrible play? Man, I've been doing this wrong. I get that you're smart and you're really good at this game and I do trust you, but no way did I contribute less with my response to your cat than you did with your cat or than jf did with his omgI'msocool posts.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Okay 'Crackers,' explain your reason as to what happen with the flavor EE got on his PM. >: also, -why- in gods name do I want to pretend that I want to be a 'mafia roleblocker.' I have a feeling you don't even read half of the stuff that comes along and just goes about agreeing what the latest person said.
Alright, big FoS on Rockin here.

1) Maybe because you're a mafia roleblocker?

2) He didn't say you're pretending to be a mafia roleblocker, he said you're either a goon pretending to be a town roleblocker OR a mafia roleblocker. And you're smart enough to have basic reading comprehension.

Rockin waits for an anti-Rockin post that he can refute via twisting the words to make the person look dumb and then pounces so he can divert attention from himself. So scummy.

Vote cemented.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with what you just said EE. On the other hand, if he is a mafia roleblocker, then he just no-blocked or blocked FF last night instead of Tom. That's why I'm not sold on a Rockin lynch yet... Why wouldn't he role-block our tracker instead of who he was killing or, for that matter, anyone besides the person they were killing. I'm not sure at all about this lynch yet because you can make a good argument either way.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I have a few theories on that, including the possibility he got spooked by a possibly confirmed town tracker. If there's one thing I've learned from Epicmafia, it's that being tracked to two different people is pretty much a death sentence. So Rockin being a Mafia RB and no-blocking would make sense. He gets tracked to the dead guy and nothing else, gets to claim town RB instead. Did Tom and Rockin have any tit-for-tat D1-2?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Actually, if anyone at all had tit-for-tat D1-2 with Rockin it makes even more sense, as Rockin might have feared that Tom has a different but similar role to trcker, and that a tracker still exists within the game. Basically any attention Rockin drew to himself is pretty suspect.

Also, I don't quite have my master's in mafia night action priority, but it's possible the mafia blocked frozen in addition to killing him on the off chance of some retaliatory move that they could block, such as, perhaps, the paranoid gun owner.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
unvote: Rockin

because I seriously need to think more about his lynch as opposed to some other people who I find suspicious but are not contributing much.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hando, how long 'till deadline, how many to lynch?

Let's not accidentally NL D3 guys.
With 11, it takes 6 to lynch.

Normally, the deadline would be Wednesday or something. However, I am getting my Wisdom teeth out Friday and dont want to deal with Night actions and stuff. So the deadline isnt until Sunday noon. I can't stop you from ending it earlier though.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
2) He didn't say you're pretending to be a mafia roleblocker, he said you're either a goon pretending to be a town roleblocker OR a mafia roleblocker. And you're smart enough to have basic reading comprehension.
You know, you would think that I'm smart enough, but sometimes I'm just not. You should know out of everyone that I either misread or misthink the sentence/situation, and therefore backfire on me. You know this during the experiance of adventure games between me and you. About how you have to explain here and there upon the situation to its simple form whethers people like Tom, Eor, and many others can see it clear as day. I usually get corrected on a daily basis. Maybe not with you, but by people in general. Or i'd get that 'That's what I just said' response. I'll be honest: I may seem smart and intellegent, but I can **** up too in terms of understanding what the said person said. I know I shouldn't, but I just do. It's how I am. It's how I think =/

In anycase, I misread what KK said. it was a simple midstake on my part and I'll be sure to read things more carefully. >>

Hando, how long 'till deadline, how many to lynch?

Let's not accidentally NL D3 guys.
I doubt that after D1, there won't be another one like that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I would like to hear what Ronike, 1048576, and Pythag think about lynching Rockin and a town aligned / mafia aligned roleblocker, in detail please.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm going to request a replacement, as I have so much going on that I'm not able to give this game the full attention I want to give it, and that's not fair to the game mod or the people playing it.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol ouch>_> Anyway, we have almost nothing to go on for our lynch, and activity has dropped off the table. As for Rockin, his story is somewhat believable and backed by EE, so I'm torn on a lynch. It's odd that he happened to be on the death of the night(extremely low odds), but at the same time, if he really was a mafia aligned role-blocker, I can't see why he wouldn't block Tom instead of no blocking or blocking the death. I really need to think about this for a while

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well, we have until sunday.

Unvote in case someone is considering tabling someone else and put off by Rock being the only prospect.

Omis

my friends were skinny
These are my thoughts

What the ****. How is this blatant inactivity going by. When was the last time Yaya or KK posted something? Better yet when was the last time they posted something of substance? I dont think KK has said anything but he standard ****ty routine of "lol you guys im town not mafia. dont lynch me im town not mafia". Have any of them gone after someone? Have any of them given convincing reason on why to vote someone? No they havent. Instead they have been sitting back and doing nothing. How the hell are we supposed to find the mafia when only like 5 people are actually posting anything important? 5 people isnt even enough to lynch someone at this point. So c'mon you inactives specifically Yaya and KK. I want you to post something at least as long as what I am currently posting. This level of inactivity is pathetic and has made this game **** near unplayable.

As I just said, this game in close to being unplayable. We cant go off of anything if only two or three people are posting. So Im a little bit confused.

Personally, Im not trusting Rockin. His role seems like a mafia roleblocker more than a town roleblocker. The **** chick could be evil because she thwarts Andy's plan to get laid by making him **** in his pants. It may be a long shot but it comes close to convincing me to believe Rockin might be mafia. Im not 100% sure about anything because of how pathetic the activity has been. Because of this Im keeping my vote off him for now. When more people post my vote will probably come onto him.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The thing that keeps me from pushing hard against Rockin is that if he is the mafia roleblocker, wouldn't I have found him going to two people? Or woudln't someone have jizzed in their pants?

So I dont think we should lynch Rockin. In fact, I would rather lynch an inactive. I'm going to decide which today.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I dont see why we should lynch an inactive. That is usually a shot in the dark when we have nothing else to go off of. We do have something to go off of today though. Also I dont think that you would get Rockin visiting two people. From my limited experience, the mafia usually sends the kill to one person and that person is the one who gets tracked to the body. The other mafia members get tracked to the killer mafia. However, Im not too seasoned so I might be wrong.

If we do lynch an inactive I say it is KK. I personally hate him for ruining all mafia games and while Yaya has been active in previous games I dont think KK has ever been active in anything.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now, the question there Omis, is if Rockin is a mafia roleblocker, why would he block their kill target? If only one person can be tracked to the death, why would he, knowing he would not be so, choose to roleblock the death which couldn't even affect the game whatsoever? Now, there is the option of EE and Rockin both being scum, and this not actually being an ability at all just a fake to cover their backs in the event of Rockin being tracked to the death at some point, but I'm not sure that's too likely.

Now, if that last point is not the case, Rockin would have had to make a terrible move to roleblock the mafia's target(which he would know). While it would make an arguable case that it was such a bad move it couldn't be, it also puts very unnecessary pressure on him to be tracked to the death, when he could choose someone else and be seen as a pr.

On the other hand, and the last potential option I see, is if the mafia was worried that Hando structured this like an EM game. Scum sends in votes who to kill, and any scum voting to get the majority necessary can be tracked to the dead body. If this was the case, it would open up the possibility that he no-blocked in fear of being tracked. I don't find this very unlikely, but it's not a strong enough theory for me to put my vote to yet.

Omis

my friends were skinny
You raise a good point there. To be frank Im not too sure about that. As has been revealed there are some pretty wack restrictions in place. Whatever A6 had was something and it seems as if Jungle has some weird restriction that makes him act cool. We never know. It does alleviate some of my suspicion on him. Another thing out there is that maybe we have a mafia that cant kill. Mafia didnt kill night one and maybe they didnt kill night two and we have another killing person. Again Im just throwing everything I can think of out there to get rid of the piss poor activity.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Maybe some beast doctor saved them on night 1 :bee:

and acting cool? Omis you should know by now, I AM cool. :cool:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Mentos should know better than to posit that Rock and I are mafia. I took my vote off because the wrenches in the assumption of his being a mafia roleblocker, such as that he would have apparently blocked the body, shook my certainty of as much. I also took it off because, frankly, we have enough time to rekajigger our momentum and theories and pick a new target, if we find one more viable.

Continuing along the line of thought mentos put forth, though. Why, exactly, would we make up a bunch of BS like that? A story like that wouldn't take long to be exposed as exactly that, and would only draw more attention to Rock and, more importantly, pretty much damn me. It's just awful, awful play from a mafia POV.

And yes, the inactivity makes it so that there really isn't a very large pool from which to draw suspects, unfortunately.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
EE, I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm just throwing out theories that have run through my head. Honestly I highly doubt it was planned, but I was just trying to name off ways that Rockin could be a mafia aligned blocker. Honestly, the only viable one of those I could see from the 3 I listed was the last one, and even that's a stretch.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm just nipping it in the bud. We're low on active players, which means we're low on suspects, which means "Rockin-EE scum" could gain momentum a bit easier than it could if most of the cast weren't inactive.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's true, I should have made it more clear with all the inactivity that the idea of a you and rockin pair was just an unlikely scenario I came up with to show my thoughts.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Nix replaces KevinM.

I know this guy. So don't question his join date or post count. >_>

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Welcome, Nix. Please read the whole thread, its not very long, and give us your opinions. If you're mafia, tell us who your partners are.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
SIGH.
I'm really sorry for my inactivity. I have not had the access to the internet that I originally thought, especially when I'm getting trained.
I actually believe rockin. He was prompt and concise with responding to what was brought against him, now I feel that people are arguing semantics. I'm satisfied with his responses.
I'm personally leaning towards Numbers and or EE.
I really unfortunately don't have time to elaborate on much.

Hando if you find a replacement, please don't think twice about replacing me.
I'm going to try to keep up best as I can, but I know it's going to be difficult. Especially if I have to keep up with batman X_X sorry.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I would rather not just end this game...I worked pretty hard and want to see how it would play out.

Would anyone be interested in restarting BUT I reveal all roles to start, but when someone dies, no role is revealed?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
We got replacements for most people who needed them. Karthik_king needs a replacement and Pythag kind of halfway needs one, but thats really no reason to call off the game or replay it.

I'm suggesting we lynch Karthik_king today and then continue the game.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm starting to think that we should take a deeper look at A6M Zero's three suspects. He had that list from the beginning, and I thought it was just Fox's way of play, but since he got mod-killed, maybe it had to do with those three.

I think we should keep Rockin alive, at least for today. I'm fairly convinced he is good for the town.

I think Junglefever's post restriction makes him town aligned. Just general thought there. Scum aren't cool, and he says he's cool in every post.

Top Bottom