• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lone Star Circuit (Updated on 10/9/2011)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok im in control of this thread now. The 2nd circuit event is now on the OP as well as current standings in points. i will update this after each circuit event.

Xyro77

I just updated the OP again. Locations of circuit events 3 and 4 and 5 have changed. i got a BIG surprise for event number 5

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
good changes man, hell i dig the edit to #5 personally. i mean it makes sense, 2 events go to the main city's for the circuit, houston is the brawl capital and austin the actual capital.

edit
cant wait to see what the event is

Tesh

Smash Hero
YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, HOUSTON GETS TWO!!

Austin, I'm really happy for you and Ima let you finish.....

up the circuit with the championship

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Xyro has some REALLY tasty surprises in store for Houston's new stop.

:phone:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wow I thought that was just me. I was like "OMGGG why is Tesh bumping my subscriptions?"... and then it was **** x)

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah Xyro has something awesome coming your way guys.

As some of you may or may not already know, I'm officially done with this game. Over the past few years, I've had some of the greatest experiences of my life and met some extraordinary people. I wouldn't trade it in for the world. But with my location, no scene, and life getting in the way, it is way too hard to keep up with you guys and it not cost me a fortune.

I'm sorry I won't be able to see the circuit fold out with you guys. I'm just glad we managed to get it started. You've all gotten so damn good over just the past few months it's scary. I encourage all of you to keep moving forward and make our state the best smash state period. With how many of you are coming up, I am positive it can happen.

I will keep in touch. And if anybody who's striving to reach the top ever wants advice or is feeling down about the game, come and talk to me. Gnes has, and giving that faget advice was my biggest mistake. ;) jk boo. But seriously I know how it feels and I can maybe help any of you through it if you'd like. Just some food for thought.

Good luck to all of you guys. I'll miss you.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Yeah Xyro has something awesome coming your way guys.

As some of you may or may not already know, I'm officially done with this game. Over the past few years, I've had some of the greatest experiences of my life and met some extraordinary people. I wouldn't trade it in for the world. But with my location, no scene, and life getting in the way, it is way too hard to keep up with you guys and it not cost me a fortune.

I'm sorry I won't be able to see the circuit fold out with you guys. I'm just glad we managed to get it started. You've all gotten so damn good over just the past few months it's scary. I encourage all of you to keep moving forward and make our state the best smash state period. With how many of you are coming up, I am positive it can happen.

I will keep in touch. And if anybody who's striving to reach the top ever wants advice or is feeling down about the game, come and talk to me. Gnes has, and giving that faget advice was my biggest mistake. ;) jk boo. But seriously I know how it feels and I can maybe help any of you through it if you'd like. Just some food for thought.

Good luck to all of you guys. I'll miss you.
TL:DR
Noone gives a ****!

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I know its a while from now. But myself along with Infern Angelis, will be moving to Texas probably at the end of this year or the beginning of next year. We will be living in the Dallas area. How is the smash scene in Dallas and how far is it from other good smash scenes?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Dallas/Ft. Worth has a good smash scene with players like Denti, Dphat and Infinity. If I remember correctly, it's like a 3 hour drive from Houston. Of course, you could just check that on google, with your specific location.

More ZSS hype :awesome:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I know its a while from now. But myself along with Infern Angelis, will be moving to Texas probably at the end of this year or the beginning of next year. We will be living in the Dallas area. How is the smash scene in Dallas and how far is it from other good smash scenes?
Dallas includes Dphat, Denti, Infinity, d4ba, Zac, and about 20ish other players.

Oklahoma is only a few hours drive. Any tournies they have are close enough. Kansas is close enough for big regionals (like NO KOAST series).

Austin is a 3 hour drive. Everybody left atm because of summer (the entire scene is literally University of Texas) but they'll be there around the time you guys get here. Austin is Poltergust, Zigsta, Bored, and about a dozen other players.

San Antonio is a 4 1/2-5 hour drive. Denti drives to almost all of our tournies now lol. SA is Espy, K Prime, Megafox, Myself, and a really healthy scene of 20ish players.

Houston is I think a little over 3 hours drive. Like, half of the top20 in texas live there alone lol.

I'm not sure how spread out Ohio is, but you have to drive alot in TX. Our state is as big as the entire top half of the east coast, but theres like 5 cities instead of 58034653645 lol. It literally takes 12-13 hours to go from El Paso to the Texas/Louisiana stateline.

Xyro77

Welcome to the best state(smash wise) in the USA. Prepare to get AMAZING!

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Team with me or all midtier events

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Thanks everyone. I feel welcomed already haha. I'm still a long way from being there. But all the input gives me an idea of how things will work out as far as traveling to tournaments.

Infern is usually my partner in teams so I'm not sure if I'll make that change but I will keep that in mind for sure.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Thanks everyone. I feel welcomed already haha. I'm still a long way from being there. But all the input gives me an idea of how things will work out as far as traveling to tournaments.

Infern is usually my partner in teams so I'm not sure if I'll make that change but I will keep that in mind for sure.
MID TIER TEAMS SON

snake aint mid-

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Everything Nike said is pretty much true, but Houston is more like a 4 hour drive from here. What part of the Dallas area are you moving to? If you know which town you'll be at I'll be able to tell you where who is.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Dallas, I just want to be serious for a moment. I know that our portion of the circuit isn't until October, but if you would bear with me here and get some initial planning out of the way, I think that this event will go smoothly.

1. The Date: We have two choices, October 8th or October 15th. October 8th clashes with a major, Devastation in Phoenix while October 15th does not.

2. The Venue: The venue where I held the first FWC is best for a couple of reasons. One, the meeting room is big enough to hold 50-70(maximum occupancy: 70) Plus it is a hotel so it can house out of town players with little trouble.

Just two, but big things to consider now before we proceed any further.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Alright, what side events would people like to see at the third event? I'm open to anything right now, and there's a possibility of being able to run multiple side events, so throw out all the ideas you have right now :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Doubles with team attack off.

MK singles/doubles.

Waseda is still fun.

"Borderline" stage event if you are into that sort of thing.

OSF event (could be cool if you are short on time)

Top Bottom