• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The London Thread (Tournaments, etc) FIRST POST UPDATES

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Khaine - You might not be bothered about paying for a B&B but others will consider the housing more because of finance ^_^ (the tournament would cost £15, spending money £20-40, travelling....£10+)

It's great that more and more people are coming, however within those number i'd like some people to bring some tv's if possible.

Regarding the change of date, i'm still not too sure about forwarding the date of the tournament to late September because people are worried about it clashing with college/uni work.

Monday - I'm going venue hunting. Going to savage through the yellow pages + going to look around Essex. Wish me luck ^_^, if other londoners could help with the venue hunting i'd be more than greatful :).

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
To Spam-a-Lamb and Caliban:

Please can you make a list of everyone that will be coming to the tournament so I can update the list.
Thank you ^_^

Another interesting thing that was brought up a day or two ago was hostels. I'll look into hostels located in London. This could be a 'mini' solution to the housing problem.

**Also anthony i need some info about you housing people (email me/IM me). I appreciate this a lot dude thanks ^_^.

monty06

Smash Ace
well i hope i isnt moved till sep cos i hav col and work, also gary i will check the net for places to stay and for a venue for u 2 give u a hand

monty06

Smash Ace
well i hope the tourney isnt moved cos i hav col and work and gary i will give u a hand ere to check for venues to give u a hand

Kone

Smash Master
Has anyone attempted yet to kick up interest for this tournament ? eg on other forum boards and by looking through old london threads and getting details of players that have shown previous interest and have not posted since ( i could rail of a good ten - 15 people from top of me heed) .

That NEEDS to be done. Somebody ie gary needs to get a large msn contact list and talk to them constantly, inform them of what is going on and make sure they turn up.

For peoples' info there havent been many tournament in the UK that have had 30 people turning up, alot have fell below that. That is including the normal uk players that turn out aswell ( and this tournament is unlikely to get that many of them due to housing issues, lack of time to prepare and fact alot of them cant be hooped)

therefore id bring your estimate figure of tuernout down and work with improving it. Remember ALOT of new players always flaked and u cant rely on them turning up and helping with costs etc

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
Righty! Please add these names to the entries list:

1. Go Spam-a-Lamb
2. ÖwnÄ
3. Ouch
4. Yawn
5. (?) Reign (?)
(Reign may come depending on the dates! he's on holiday from mid august to early september and this would clash with the proposed tourney dates of 19th and 20th August.)

There may be a few more coming but I need to inform 'em first!

....yeh i hope it dont fall through either. i woulda got all pumped and worked up for nuthin!

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
ill be able to bring a few players from my area - but youll need to spam me first ga<r>y

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
a hostel.

now theres a thought.

personally, i'd rather the tournement stayed august as opposed to semtember, due to college-ness.

but if it did get put back, i'd still probably show up.

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
I'm definately not making it to this, i get back from Moroco on the 18th of August as well as that a 6 hour trip (give or take 30 minutes) is an aaaaaaaaaawful long way to travel.
I'd still love to see this tournament get made though :)

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
I would attend this but the last time I made my way to the UK i ended up gettin effed up by a 6ft **** and got put in jail. I think I will pass on this 1

monty06

Smash Ace
i hope this touney does happen cos tourneys hardly eva happen and i wanna play new people

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
yeh man, me to! just checking out the american OC2 tournament Ken, Manacloud and alot of those dudes in cali are running, and it looks like its gonna be HUUAGE!!

Is it impossible to have something even half the size as that in the UK??

are there just not that many smash players here??

(i hope it happens and is good.) ........

monty06

Smash Ace
u should *** up 2 yeovil and play we hav smashers ere wanting to play new people

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Well Monty im in Yeovil tonight coming down to play Caleb and Jake,Apparently Jakes Samus is a Monster now so it should be a larf...
Rouse-Bit hostile with the "Feck Off" business, if you havent realised GrayLocks is a bit of a joker but TBH (Agree with My Scotty on this)(And Ryan >_<) this doesnt look like its happening, NO venue, NO place to crash, SCREW all interest...the list goes on, ill come if it gets sorted but then thats the opinion of a lot of people i can hazard a guess at.
If the tourny was arranged a little earlier(ACTUALLY A LOT) and like Ed Said, you managed to contact old smashers from previous London Tournys...i can imagine you would have a pretty good tourny....
The level of play there isnt going to be that high because lets face it, pretty much none of The S-D-B or The Mafia are going.....But i do hope it happens TBH, i need some sort of tourny...Good luck.

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
Yes yes yes, we're all going to yeovil (i'm going next wednsday, go me). Sorry about the "feck off", but there are arrangments to be made.

I hope to dear god this does work, 'cause i don't know if i can make it to the Lancaster tourney.

We're trying to find a venue at the moment...

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Sorry man,cant crew with you guys,I have my Allegiance to the S-D-B....So even if i come to London (If it happens more than likely ill go) then i wont crew.But thanks anyway man.Yeah as for the ditto cant remember which ditto that was?
Falco?
Cause if it was....been playing falco 3 weeks...Absolutely love his play style and im just imrpoving at an accelerated speed....

ShineOfScott-SOS

Smash Journeyman
i always speak sense my graysox ya g-string =] smash smash smash .! get smashing lads.! bunch of nubs lol ...well smash aye smashhh i remmeber 5 yrs ago wen i 1st tplayed smash items unlockign allthe chars thinkign roy was god with hsi hold down B and nvr tohught og all the skill thats involved its ****iing insane at how technical it is i mean l-cancel WD SHFFLC amaizn and teching and SG o0o wat a game ..and the pace it can be played it is stupid with fox falco falcon etc smash aye...love it ..x x x x x n00bs

Top Bottom