• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The London Thread (Tournaments, etc) FIRST POST UPDATES

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Rouse said:
Do you ever stop using explanation marks? It may happen, but if it does it won't be for a llllllooooonnnnng time.
They are actually called exclamation marks. Anyways it dont matter how long it will be il gladly wait! Ive waited this long man whats a few more months!

Kman25

Smash Ace
Yeah Ill be coming definitely, If it still happens. Maybe a few friends of mine can come. Also I think I might be able to bring gamecube as well.

Siegetank2uk

Smash Rookie
I'll be able to bring a cube..
(while im here i might as well say was poppin)
>Noob<

Wass poppin

I'd really like to see this thing get off the ground..
we've got some progress...and by that i mean we
"Want it to happen" at least.. so the ambition is there,
Com on lads,

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
*whisper* i dont like it cos im rubbish at it. my shots keep hitting the freakin crossbar:laugh:

no, but as a smash player, i do wish the game had the same kind of following in the UK as pro evo does in the UK. There would be more tourneys and less cancellations (no offence to anyone)

still, im gonna check out that Anarchy Rules!! - 28th/29th October uk tourney. hopefully that will go ahead.

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
*whisper* i dont like it cos im rubbish at it. my shots keep hitting the freakin crossbar:laugh:

no, but as a smash player, i do wish the game had the same kind of following in the UK as pro evo does in the UK. There would be more tourneys and less cancellations (no offence to anyone)

still, im gonna check out that Anarchy Rules uk tourney. hopefully that will go ahead.

theblackdeamon

Smash Rookie

still, im gonna check out that Anarchy Rules!! - 28th/29th October uk tourney. hopefully that will go ahead.
where is this tourney gona be held??

Kone

Smash Master
monty: u guys going by bus?! if you guys book GROUP TRAIN TICKETS NOW then itll be pretty cheap n only a 4 hr journey!

theblackdeamon

Smash Rookie
**** travelling to lancaster, bare long. i think i got family living in bradford dats the nearest to lancaster that i know anyone

monty06

Smash Ace
yeah you are lucky its closer for you but we dont care we have to travel for 8 hours because of what we will get out of the whole thing

COEY

Smash Lord
And when you hold the winter tourney it will be reversed on me and you joe wont it getting to yeovil should be fun. At least i have something to spend my x mas money on :p

And again it will be worth the experience travelling there and getting skooled.

J03

Smash Master
i dunno, if we carry on increasing are skills at this rate then gettin skooled myt b more difficult to accomplish then we thought (not at AR, were gettin pwned there :'( *sniff*)

but 2months from now our skillz should b top notch, but our exp at tourneys will still b lacking, so i aint predicting the future on tht one

yeah the travelling is gonna suk ma balls but its nessecary if we wanna get the exp, so yup im all for an 8 hour ride

Kone

Smash Master
joe : this game and tournament atmosphere has a huge learning curve, you'll find itll take quite a fe tournies ; )

does anyone in your crew drive?

J03

Smash Master
joe : this game and tournament atmosphere has a huge learning curve, you'll find itll take quite a fe tournies ; )

does anyone in your crew drive?

yeh i kno, we will probs get pwned for a while, but no matter how many tourneys it takes, STFU will get some recognition as good players!!!!11!one!!!eleven1! :p

no one in our named crew drives but ian, our mate, gets back from the army on oct 26th so perfect timing.
unfortunatly between tv's cubes n ppl who r comin jus 2 watch, all members of STFU will actually b usin public transport -.-

btw kone what are ur views on brawl, are u happy its coming out or do u think it might alter smash as we know and love it ?

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Regarding travelling:

Invest in a Student Rail Card for £20/year (you can buy it from your local train station).
It gives you 1/3 discount on all journeys.

If you're a cheap sod/don't have the money for National Rail (like me), National Express is the perfect solution.

And if you don't like either of the two, go and walk the entire journey ;)

For all the noobs/people who have misunderstood what this is
This tournament was originally going to happen 2006 but it had to be cancelled due to late preperations and lack of TV's + Housing (unless people wanted to stay on the streets for 2 days and have 2 TV's for the tournament hehe).

Expect this tournament to be sorted by summer 2007. I expect this tournament to be a big success.

By the way, I would advise that you start saving a little for this tournament too.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
The venue has not been confirmed for the English Experience.

For people coming to the smash fest on saturday, it's being hosted at my house

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
Go on guys....I know you all love d'SSBM but now you got time to plan get a SBB64 section goin aswell. I'm suprised by the lack of intrest in SSB in the UK, but i'm sure u'd rouse a worthwhile amount of interest in doin so. What you reckon??

Kone

Smash Master
ssb is ****

what do u mean a ssb section?!

its taken ****ing ages to get a decent sized ssbm uk scene going (ps. our communtiy is still rather small)

the game is nothing compared to ssbm

theres about 7 ppl that take it serious

just play online

or change to the newer game and play with more skill

( and ive played ssb online with jam and the top players so i know what im on aboot)

Dave_Uk

Smash Apprentice
As in a SSB part to the tournament....

But clearly that doesn't appeal to you. I respect the fact that alot of people have put alot of time and effort into building up your SSBM community and nor to I deny you no what your on about....I was merely making a suggestion as I happen to love the game much over SSBM. You honestly reckon there would be next to know interest in it? ... I understand you dislike the game, but surely there's a fair few who don't, (well more than 7 anyways??)

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
he didn't say that only 7 people liked the game, he said about 7 people play it seriously. But if you wanted a SSB tournament, it'd be at an SSBM gathering. Very few people play at tournament level, so there'd be little prize money, little prize, little interest. Best place to look for SSB tournaments is online or in the London scene. Kris(Insert 4 numbers here) made an SSB tournament not long ago. Ask him about it.

Top Bottom