• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The London Thread (Tournaments, etc) FIRST POST UPDATES

DSD9

Smash Apprentice
Mine,Mine,SWD,Mine,Mine Ooooohhh look at me MiSsIlE .....MISSILE mmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssiiiiiiiiillllllllllllleeeeeeeeeee.....Run past em f-smash FTW....!!
Samus sucks GrayC.O.C.K.s!
LOL
And Ed, the hostility, i love it! >_<
Nah im not gonna main him or anything, but i will ask permission in the future should the situation arise
lol lol lol ///
Oh and its awesome to see Spam giving his opinion, why bother posting at all man???
Some people seriously
Im on one now thats it theres no stopping him....Right ive stopped....
Whatever......

grayfox

Smash Champion
DSD9 said:
Mine,Mine,SWD,Mine,Mine Ooooohhh look at me MiSsIlE .....MISSILE mmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssiiiiiiiiillllllllllllleeeeeeeeeee.....Run past em f-smash FTW....!!
Samus sucks GrayC.O.C.K.s!
LOL
And Ed, the hostility, i love it! >_<
Nah im not gonna main him or anything, but i will ask permission in the future should the situation arise
lol lol lol ///
Oh and its awesome to see Spam giving his opinion, why bother posting at all man???
Some people seriously
Im on one now thats it theres no stopping him....Right ive stopped....
Whatever......

LOL It's enough to pwn England son. London atleast anyways. I have never lost even a friendly to someone from London... Come on guys MAN UPPPPPPP

ShineOfScott-SOS

Smash Journeyman
ill man u up..u longer haired *****.! get watchign the football and drinkign beer like me.! =] ard man ennit ..! iz it wat yea ummm ..SDB SDB SDB SDB SDB we love you .! hoorahh

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i look forward to play you guys again ;P Jiggz improved a lil (not really much to improve) and i became a crazy shuffler with every other char

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for not posting, venue hunting has been a ***** + busy busy busy with other things. Found a few places in central London and i'm checking them out next week.

Scott's coming to the tournament ^_^. *adds to the list&*

and no Rouse, i didn't block you.

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
OK, so we're working on a venue, ace.
Next priority is housing. If we need to we'll have to find a hostel or something, but hat's only if we're desperate. So, who can provide us with housing? Do you know anyone who lives in London? If you do where, and will a few of us be able to stay with them?
Thanks.

monty06

Smash Ace
well gaz i hav spoke to other smashers who where interested in the tourney. i sent them messages and im waiting to hear back if them and there mates r cumin. its possible we could hav bout upto 20 more poeple

Rouse

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it will have to be later, but i have no idea when :p, of course, now we have more people, we need more places to stay. We've got one house. :(

grayfox

Smash Champion
You might need to stick a entry cap. Aslong as people have a place to stay and theres a venue you can work from there. Also a heck of a lot of people will flake this.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
http://www.londonnet.co.uk/ln/guide/accomm/budget_camp.html
Expensive...

I feel like cancelling this and setting it up for November/December because there is too much that concerns me.

Number of people that are coming:
**Housing issues, people won't pay to stay somewhere
**Many people will decide to make a last minute decision not to come, and the venue money and competition money would be sucked dry.
**People are currently on holiday/participating in tournaments at the moment.

Housing is a big issue as you can see + I'm concerned about TV's as well.

*So far we have one person offering housing and that's Ant-D, Spkzzz may also offer housing but since he's still thinking about moving to london it's a 50/50 chance.
If you're reading this and can offer a place for smashers to stay, say something!!!
Otherwise this tournament is more or less dead...

I might not even be available on Sat./Sun. because i'm starting work soon :urg:*sigh*

So what's it going to be everyone?

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
ok - can someone tell me exactly why peach's castle is banned, and rainbow ride not?

i mean, its nice to rule out all the stages that allow vertical kills n all but gotta give the fox players at least SOME chance.

im also happy to bring a cube and an extra controller, but i doubt i can house anyone.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
BrTalrog: Peach's Castle is banned because the walls offer fox players a little too much chance. Fact is Fox is insanely good as is and doesn't even need a wall to infinite. Plus there's the bullet bills. Deaths due to random events aren't nice.

Gary: I have a few tips for you.

1. Dreamland64 is one of the most fair stages, why is it not on the random list? It's fairer than battlefield.

2. When did I become a member of SDB?

3. Where did I say I'd bring any TV's? I can't. I'm travelling cross-country.

Mr P

Smash Ace
Things are probably not as bad as they seem, if i can find a hall for rent in crappy little Perth i'm sure there is atleast one in the whole of London. Once you have a venue the tournament will pretty much fall into place from there, find one that people can crash in and your housing issue is sorted too. People will help pay for the rental for the hall i know i would be willing to put £10 towards it or more if my whole crew came that's £50 right there. You are overreacting dont give up yet once you can find a feasable hall then i'm sure more interest for this tournament will crop up and you'll have more offers for tv's etc. Lol London people are the worst organised laziest people i know once you get this one tournie sorted then it's gonna be a lot easier to have more regular ones that will benefit everyone, if you pack in this tournie you may aswell pack it in altogether. London people step it up, start posting more help find a venue and i'm sure some of you can offer tv's COME ON GUYS in the words of the great comp "MAN THE **** UP"

Peaches castle is banned for heavy camping and Dreamland should definately be on random.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Hey why dont u guys make the tornament a one day thing! Im sure you could cut out a a few things to fit it all into one day! If u started from like early morning to late night then no one would have to even worry about staying over in London! They could just go home after! That would be the housing problem out of the way! If that was the case all you'd really have to worry about is finding the venue! Just an idea anyways!

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
OwnA donut, me thinks the date is jus gonna get pushed back. For you its good news tho, gives you more time to practice with that mediocre yoshi of ures :p nah jokin!!!

but yeh, some of the big US tourneys (for example) are over 2 days cos they have 300+ entries. I doubt London would have that many entries so a 1 day event would prolly be enough! question is, will people travel down for it?

Kone

Smash Master
that would make sense EXCEPT;

the reason why there has never been a london tournament ( if we forget the FOUR failed attempts) is because there are a lack of london smashers or established smashers in the south.

most the british community is established away from london and initially was more prominent in and around the scottish border.

there has never been a successful tournament further south than blackpool

therefore, housing is NEEDED as eg myself would be driving from newcastle and thats a 6-7 hr drive. i aint doing that if theres no housing.

x

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Ok well i guess that kinda makes sense! So back to square one it is! If i have any other mastermind ideas i'll b sure to let people know lol!

(And Spam lets not get all hostile now, we both know ur marth really wont get past the first round of the tournament.... especially if ur up against my yoshi! Well at least u can say you participated huh? lol! Chin up son!)

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
ÖwnÄ said:
Ok well i guess that kinda makes sense! So back to square one it is! If i have any other mastermind ideas i'll b sure to let people know lol!

(And Spam lets not get all hostile now, we both know ur marth really wont get past the first round of the tournament.... especially if ur up against my yoshi! Well at least u can say you participated huh? lol! Chin up son!)
HAAAAA! dreezey u make me laugh!! when was the last time ure yosh beat me?? BC??

:laugh: J/k

Big Al 001

Smash Rookie
possibly a series of mini tournaments all interlinked? would still be a problem though since some people would have to travel long distances to people's houses who they dont even know. ok, never mind

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
(Spam, i believe it was the time u got so upset you threw your cube in the bin, threw your joypad at the wall and pushed your fan onto the floor! That was just the other day if i remeber rightly! No tantrums at the tornament wen u get beat ok? Thanx!)

But yea i really hope this tourney happens anyways, i wanna play some new blood and see what the uk really have to offer! Nobody plays Smash around my area maaaaaan!!! And the few people who do play (apart from my crew) dont even know what a frigging wavedash is!!!

Top Bottom