• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
We did inadvertently get Delfino Plaza confirmed... But no Ashley unfortunately...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
In other news, the tag for the WarioWare series has also been removed.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We did inadvertently get Delfino Plaza confirmed... But no Ashley unfortunately...
Glad to see it's back. And don't be sad over no Ashley, as the only reason they would show Ashley is if she is an assist trophy. This is her living to see another day.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You'd think we would have got something WarioWare related, but the hope for Ashley still lives on.
Considering that yesterday's post was a glaring advertisement, they probably don't need to spend another post specifically just to advertise.

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Oh my I god when the page started loading the first thing I saw was “Assist Trophy” and for a brief moment I was so scared. Also yeah, Delfino. Neat.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There is always a chance we could see another blog post of the like tomorrow, as they sometimes update the blog multiple times in a day, but I wouldn't bet on a new fighter.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
That is the best outcome, actually. At least she wasn't deconfirmed, and it isn't likely they'd reveal her as a character so lightly either. So, Ashley lives another day.
Exactly. If they revealed Ashley today, it probably would have been for an assist trophy. It's unlikely we would have gotten a character reveal outside of a Direct. So the hope for her being playable isn't dead yet.

Also, I think they inadvertently revealed Delfino Plaza's return.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
As far as I can tell, they usually only put up two entries on the same day if one of them is a music post, which is usually on Wednesday. Either way, looks like we dodged a bullet today.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
What is the schedule for these blog updates? This can't be all for Wario posts for this week.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Don't take this as a failure for Ashley my friends, take it as a victory!
Everyday we don't see her Assist Trophy is a day we get closer to her reveal trailer!
Rejoice my friends! Rejoice over nothing!

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Don't take this as a failure for Ashley my friends, take it as a victory!
Everyday we don't see her Assist Trophy is a day we get closer to her reveal trailer!
Rejoice my friends! Rejoice over nothing!
Never. I will despair over nothing.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And hey, for all you tin hat wearing people out there, Rodin is from Bayonetta, which is all about witches.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And hey, for all you tin hat wearing people out there, Rodin is from Bayonetta, which is all about witches.
If Ashley is going to be revealed soon? I could totally see Sakurai giving a subtle hint for fun. Guy loves to play around with stuff like this. It's fun~

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
whew, Ashley still has a chance. But I am very happy that my favorite stage from Brawl is back! I've always liked the cruise/traveling type stages

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Even in the unfortunate chance she ends up as an assist trophy, we still need to support her. Especially if DLC happens. They've never upgraded an assist to playable in the same game, and clearly she'd have competition in that regard, but just in case it's possible we gotta support her even in the worst case scenario.

Is it a coincidence this character is fairly close to how I imagine Ashley working? I think not.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
For how uneventful this day was, it certainly felt eventful. We got acquainted with a high profile Ashley fan, got some art from OP, that frickin false alarm that you all blew up about, got a new fanmade moveset for Ashley, and no one got deconfirmed.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Who woulda thunk that today's post would be something completely out-of-the-blue we already knew about. On the bright side, we got a soft confirmation of Delfino Plaza. There. New info. I'll stop complaining for the next three days.

Assuming the EVO gameplay will be put online, I will simply be looking forward to that. I don't expect a character drop, or even a new build of the game. I just like to see new gameplay.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
All we need now is ThAshleyChannel to join this thread, lol.

Welp, today is a good day regardless. Confirmed, Delfino Plaza. Wonder if Gamer will come back, or replaced with a Dimond City stage For Ashley's reveal

Top Bottom