• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
What are the chances of a Kat and Ana assist trophy coming? Are they going to highlight all the ones we already know about before getting to the unconfirmed ones?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What are the chances of a Kat and Ana assist trophy coming? Are they going to highlight all the ones we already know about before getting to the unconfirmed ones?
Kat and Anna seem like a guarantee to be in the game, and I do think they are primarily gonna go through the ones we already know before anything else. Someone should really find out how many assists have not been blogged yet so we know how long we have before they have to start showing new stuff.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Kat and Anna seem like a guarantee to be in the game, and I do think they are primarily gonna go through the ones we already know before anything else. Someone should really find out how many assists have not been blogged yet so we know how long we have before they have to start showing new stuff.
29 have been confirmed and 6 of those have been shown on the blog.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I wouldn't expect an update on non E3 details until we get a new info dump.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Im a transplant from the K. Rool thread but I guess I'll support your thread too!

I agree the timing is really perfect for Evo but I feel like I should remind you that the announcements they were talking about on Twitter reference mainly rumblings of new fighters and a revamped version for Marvel vs Capcom. So bright side here for your community is at least we're probably getting something to chew on even if it's not for Smash!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
That is less assists blogged than I expected. I guess waiting to see new assist reveals by blog might take longer than we would hope.
The intervals for assist posts are pretty random, as Krystal and Knuckles were posted three days apart from each other but the other four were over a time span of two months. Now, they could decide to throw a new AT on the site whenever they please since directs have never been the place to do that. However, beyond a few exceptions, it seems very likely most of the unknown will stay that way until we have the game in our hands.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
The intervals for assist posts are pretty random, as Krystal and Knuckles were posted three days apart from each other but the other four were over a time span of two months. Now, they could decide to throw a new AT on the site whenever they please since directs have never been the place to do that. However, beyond a few exceptions, it seems very likely most of the unknown will stay that way until we have the game in our hands.
Oh please no. Have assists ever been saved til the release of the game? I don't want to imagine waiting til December 7th to find out if Ashley is in or not.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Oh please no. Have assists ever been saved til the release of the game? I don't want to imagine waiting til December 7th to find out if Ashley is in or not.
Pretty certain that there were a few last time that went unrevealed (or it might have been Brawl). But either way, it wouldn't be one that had a large fanbase like Ashley. They've already gone out of their way to show Waluigi, Lyn, Midna, and Takamaru.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Pretty certain that there were a few last time that went unrevealed (or it might have been Brawl). But either way, it wouldn't be one that had a large fanbase like Ashley. They've already gone out of their way to show Waluigi, Lyn, Midna, and Takamaru.
Yep, as well as Krystal. It seems like they reveal some Assists early just so fans know their characters won't be playable and not to get their hopes up.

The fact that Ashley hasn't been seen or revealed right away is a good sign. She needs to be more than stuck in Assist trophy hell like Waluigi, Lyn, Midna, Takamaru, Krystal, etc.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The fact that Ashley hasn't been seen or revealed right away is a good sign. She needs to be more than stuck in Assist trophy hell like Waluigi, Lyn, Midna, Takamaru, Krystal, etc.
You know, I have seen some people be like "Why did you have to show that they were assist trophy so nonchalantly at the very start" or something like that. I think that was Sakurai's equivalent of ripping off the bandage right away. He would rather people know right now rather than wait months and be met with disappointment. I think this can also be applied to Bomberman. And as all have been saying, this logic very much helps Ashley.

cybersai

Smash Ace
You know, I have seen some people be like "Why did you have to show that they were assist trophy so nonchalantly at the very start" or something like that. I think that was Sakurai's equivalent of ripping off the bandage right away. He would rather people know right now rather than wait months and be met with disappointment. I think this can also be applied to Bomberman. And as all have been saying, this logic very much helps Ashley.
Yep, I think it's a good thing if a lot of Assist are revealed early, it let's people know right away whose been deconfirmed....for better or worse. Leaving people hanging like Ashley for a long time like this will only make more hope she's playable. And if Ashley really is still an Assist, more people would be upset than if she was shown right away.

So for now...there is a good sign.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I took the fact that she wasn't shown with the other ATs right away as a good sign while fan favorites like Waluigi and Bomberman were shown off right away. Ashley still has good chances since her AT hasn't shown up yet.

And if they're worried about meeting the 50 character requirement for ATs, they could literally have any other WarioWare character as an AT. There were a couple of fake leaks that I saw mentioning Jimmy T as an AT.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Yeah, it isn't hard to come up with an interesting WarioWare Assist Trophy that isn't named Ashley. Here's one that took me no less than thirty seconds:

Orbulon - floats around in his little pig ship thing, intentionally gravitating towards opponent players. If his ship gets hit, he crashes into the stage, causing a large explosion.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So on the SG Discord server, we came to the conclusion that Ashley being announced around this time is certainly still not out of the question, and I feel we could actually see her announced around EVO as well as with another fighter.

Who that fighter would be I’m not exactly sure.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Mona- Rides her scooter back and forth ala Wario's Bike, will occasionally stop to chuck pizzas.

Young Cricket- hops around and does kicks

Either of the Crygors- Invents those little screwhead robots from Rhythm Heaven and sets them loose on the stage

Yeah, thats super easy.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Nice moveset. I think that it should be added to the OP.
Thanks! I worked really hard on it... But I don't know how to get it onto the OP.. I guess I should ask FalKoopa directly, or would that be too brash? ^^;
Out of all the Ashley movesets iv'e seen (and made) this is definitely the most creative!
Let me just Email my Uncle who works at Nintendo, he'll call Sakurai and get this to him.
Yeah i tried to be really different with this one
So you can get your uncle to make sure Ashley is in the game riiiight? We're counting on you! ;-)
The summoning other Nintendo characters idea is one so out there that I would've never thought of it, but I love the thought around. It would be a great way to include some characters into Smash without using pokeballs and assists.

One thing I always mention when it comes to Ashley movesets is Red's parasol transformation in Game and Wario. It would be perfect move to have as her up air and it could work to help her recover or land without using up her broom's magic.
Honestly that's what I was originally intending to do with her moveset but ManlySpirit in the OP already came up with that idea although it worked a little differently than mine. So i changed it so there could be many ideas out there to work from in case someone else wanted to make a moveset too~
If a random person on the internet can come up with an amazing moveset for Ashley, then I'm sure someone as talented as Sakurai can. He has no excuse not to add her.

Although what would be her final smash?
OMIGOSH I can't believe I forgot to add that part! Stupid me! >m<*
I actually had several ideas for her Final Smash that ranged from transforming Red into Giga Red to wreak havoc, from having her WarioWare coworkers come out and do several things.
Most recently though I had an idea from Pumpkin Panic that she would just transform everyone into Pumpkins and either eat them to regain health or just bop them off the stage lul (but cannibalism is kinda dark huh? 0_0)
I really like the references to other games in your moveset! Really neat idea! It lives up to WarioWare with it's Nintendo game based microgames
That's exactly the idea I was going for too, thanks for noticing! However I feel like there should be more references to the Actual WarioWare games/characters to in her moveset too, that's why I had them appear in one of her victory screens to compensate.
Having Ashley transform Red into the other characters seemed a little strange to me, but now thay AngrySun has reminded me, I see no reason they can't help with her Final Smash :)

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Jimmy T - A giant disco ball appears and shoots lasers around the screen.

Dribble and Spitz - Fly around in their taxi and shoot at your opponents similar to Samus' ship.

Fronk - A horde of Fronks rampage across the stage.

It's not hard, so Ashley's AT could easily be replaced with another WarioWare character or two.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And wow this thread is going Ludicrous Speed! I think we got like, 7 pages or more just today.
Yeah, around 7 pages. And with things like Evo coming around to have more Smash, I feel like this thread is not gonna slow down that much. Especially since this thread loves to commentate on the matches and how things are going.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
idk if this is something... the mexican voice actor of ashley (in warioware gold), christina hernandez in a comic convention said that she didnt have a call to do any voice from smash bros ultimate... but here in Latin America we have never had ssb in Spanish

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So on the SG Discord server, we came to the conclusion that Ashley being announced around this time is certainly still not out of the question, and I feel we could actually see her announced around EVO as well as with another fighter.

I doubt Ashley will get revealed at EVO. It's the wrong audience. However, the few characters I think fit with an Ashley reveal are Isabelle and Mimikyu

Is anyone gonna be watching Evo? I can count on you guys if something happens or not
I watch EVO every year and I can give you a good idea of what to expect from Nintendo and Smash. Nothing.

idk if this is something... the mexican voice actor of ashley (in warioware gold), christina hernandez in a comic convention said that she didnt have a call to do any voice from smash bros ultimate... but here in Latin America we have never had ssb in Spanish
Doubt it means anything.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Is anyone gonna be watching Evo? I can count on you guys if something happens or not
I will, but I'll have to hit the hay around 11-ish. Hope it doesn't last too late. I'll have it on the background while playing WW Gold.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
idk if this is something... the mexican voice actor of ashley, christina hernandez in a comic convention said that she didnt have a call to do any voice from smash bros ultimate... but here in Latin America we have never had ssb in Spanish
Yeah I don’t think this would affect Ashley, Smash has never had voice tracks for different languages for different characters unless under specific circumstances if the character originated with a multi-language option other than English or Japanese.

Ashley before now was strictly English or Japanese.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I feel like we don't really know what to expect from Evo when it comes to Nintendo. Sure we can judge them based on what they have done in the past, but it is clear that the Smash team has a new mindset when it comes to things like this. And just because Ashley is not the most fitting character for Evo, it does not mean she would not garner hype. "New character for Smash Bros, Yes!" That is all you need. There is no need for some theme.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I doubt Ashley will get revealed at EVO. It's the wrong audience. However, the few characters I think fit with an Ashley reveal are Isabelle and Mimikyu

I watch EVO every year and I can give you a good idea of what to expect from Nintendo and Smash. Nothing.

Doubt it means anything.
I mean in all fairness we’re talking about the people who had Palutena as the big E3 reveal and PAC-MAN behind closed doors, so I don’t think it matters to them who the audience is as long as they can reveal the character and have people enjoy them.

Ravampt

Smash Rookie
When did he say this?
https://twitter.com/Marcus_Sellars/status/1003395009046106114 Right here. "Nintendo also want many female characters to be in Super Smash Brothers to where it's a nearly equal split. " Once again, a mere rumor, but does come from a credible guy.

Also, apologies for posting a second time in a row, but I have to bring this up. Just got messaged over on discord of a message from 4chan on how the reveals of news made by the Smash twitter account all relate to Ashley, even including Rodin. As quoted by the user, "the Wario overview video, the JP exclusive memory of the day being WarioWare Gold, and the Rodin assist trophy from Bayonetta (relates to "witch"), were hints to her inclusion..." Ok, this is lining up too well, and it's sorta getting a bit scary at the moment xD Keeping expectations a bit minimum, but very hype for tomorrow.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Yep, I think it's a good thing if a lot of Assist are revealed early, it let's people know right away whose been deconfirmed....for better or worse. Leaving people hanging like Ashley for a long time like this will only make more hope she's playable. And if Ashley really is still an Assist, more people would be upset than if she was shown right away.
It would be the ultimate cruel joke to keep her fans far and wide hanging onto to hope like that just to reveal at this point that she's indeed not infact playable.
Sakurai is quite aware of her popularity so I want to believe he wouldn't do that.

I also want to believe a newcomer reveal is planned for Evo but Nintendo has never done anything like that before. BUT it's the perfect time to start! Please Nintendo we're STARVING over here~!

I'm banking on Isabelle cuz of her connections with Ashley and badge arcade ^^

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/Marcus_Sellars/status/1003395009046106114 Right here. "Nintendo also want many female characters to be in Super Smash Brothers to where it's a nearly equal split. " Once again, a mere rumor, but does come from a credible guy.
Well so far we have Inkling Girl and Daisy to show for it. I guess there are a lot females to choose from with Dixie, Isabelle, Elma, and of course Ashley being the contenders.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It would be the ultimate cruel joke to keep her fans far and wide hanging onto to hope like that just to reveal at this point that she's indeed not infact playable.
Sakurai is quite aware of her popularity so I want to believe he wouldn't do that.
I agree. Sakurai may be a troll, but he is a fun one, not one that desires the suffering of others.

Edit: Actually, can he even be called a troll? Online trolls kinda are associated with the idea of causing pain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom