• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, everyone: I still have high hopes for Ashley being revealed next week on WarioWare Gold's release date if a Direct even happens then. Fingers crossed! :o

And no, my name isn't purple because Ashley decided to cast a spell on me. :p

Lichzim

Smash Rookie
I personally support Ashley getting into smash. I really want her in smash not only as more WARIOWARE representation but also because Ashley is my favorite WarioWare character. I think between Ashley and Mona Pizza I'd say Ashley is more likely to get in (since she's already an assist trophy).

Noipoi

Howdy!
I personally support Ashley getting into smash. I really want her in smash not only as more WARIOWARE representation but also because Ashley is my favorite WarioWare character. I think between Ashley and Mona Pizza I'd say Ashley is more likely to get in (since she's already an assist trophy).
Two new supporters in 15 minutes? It's a Christmas miracle!

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Two new supporters in 15 minutes? It's a Christmas miracle!
It is July 25th, aka Christmas in July. Truly, our thread has been visited by Balto and the Christmas spirits.

So, I drew up a mock roster that I would consider perfect. Altogether, there were 13 newcomers, three of whom were echoes (Inkling, Daisy, and Ridley included). Do y'all think that such a number would be outrageous?

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
As long as Ashley gets in, I won't care too much about who else makes it. Well.....aside a few others.
We gotta teach Bayonetta what it's like to be a TRUE witch!

Noipoi

Howdy!
It is July 25th, aka Christmas in July. Truly, our thread has been visited by Balto and the Christmas spirits.

So, I drew up a mock roster that I would consider perfect. Altogether, there were 13 newcomers, three of whom were echoes (Inkling, Daisy, and Ridley included). Do y'all think that such a number would be outrageous?
Each Smash game has around 16 newcomers. 13 is less than 16 so it's certainly possible.

D

Deleted member

I will not be too mad if any of my newcomers I want like Ashley are deconfirmed, because I alone am really happy for Ultimate.

Like we got Ridley!

Either way, will Ashley's AT attack be part of her move like her down b?

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
I will not be too mad if any of my newcomers I want like Ashley are deconfirmed, because I alone am really happy for Ultimate.

Like we got Ridley!

I could see Ashley having a special where she brews a potion when thrown could explode into that cloud, but smaller obviously

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi

Like we got Ridley!

Perhaps. I can't help but picture a similar move when I imagine Ashley in Smash.

And, yeah, I know we already have an enormous roster as is, and I'm getting the game no matter what, but part of the appeal of Smash is seeing which newcomers make the cut. I don't feel like the game could claim such a bold title as "Ultimate" if everything is stuff we've seen before.

I know I said that I made a roster of 13 newcomers, but only three will make or break the game for me. One of those three is Ridley, who we already have, so so far, so good. But Ashley is my absolutely most wanted, with K. Rool and Ridley tied for 2nd. If I can get a game with all three, then yeah, this game is Ultimate. You could add 18 different versions of Shrek at that point and I wouldn't care.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I hope balancing Ashley's status stuff isn't seen as too much of an undertaking by Sakurai. I want her to implement some status you could only get from items, like shrinking, lipstick, and metal to reference her song, but would that be too OP?

Last edited:

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, I thought you all were crazy having dreams with Ashley being deconfirmed/ conformed. But I just happened to have one of those dreams so...

It was literally just Wario’s character trailer but it Showed Ashley in it as an assist. She was also really short for some reason? Idk.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie, I thought you all were crazy having dreams with Ashley being deconfirmed/ conformed. But I just happened to have one of those dreams so...

It was literally just Wario’s character trailer but it Showed Ashley in it as an assist. She was also really short for some reason? Idk.
My take on that kind of dream was a bit stranger.

Basically, it started out with me watching a Nintendo Direct, and the first reveal was that this game was going to have a bunch of party modes.
It started off announcing a mode called "Three against Ashley", and... well I don't know what that mode was like, because I got so salty the dream ended before anything was shown.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So, I just never knew this or they recently updated it. But the Ashley profile on the Warioware gold Japanese site, if you click on Ashley her picture changes to her white hair mode now! Anyone see this? The filename for the new(?) Pic Is named "secret" and Ashley has her finger to her mouth as if to say "keep it a secret" Go check it out. Also If old news my bad.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/awxj/index.html
Another one of those things that could mean absolutely nothing for Smash and is just WarioWare related but dang it they're doing a good job at making me pull out my tinfoil hat.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Decided to try out a set of Ashley recolors. Nothing too complicated, just different colored clothes to see how she could look in alternate outfits.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Decided to try out a set of Ashley recolors. Nothing too complicated, just different colored clothes to see how she could look in alternate outfits.

Nice, I love the blue and green/purple ones.

StormC

Smash Hero

I'd rock the Game Boy one.

Any chance you can edit her eyes to be red?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

My ideal roster would also have 10 unique newcomers and a few more echoes, so I hope that's not too much, although my only real necessecities are Ashley, a Rhythm Heaven rep, Bandana Dee, and K Rool. I think 10's a fair amount anyways, although if we don't see any new characters by the end of August I'll begin to worry. I figure I'll just leave my roster prediction here. I tried to make it as realistic as possible.
Inkling
Ridley
Elma
K Rool
Rhythm Heaven rep (preferably chorus kids)
Bandana Dee
Ashley
Pokemon
Geno
3rd Party

Echoes
Dark Samus
Chrom
Shadow (unlikely)

I think Dixie will be playable but I could see her being both an echo or unique or somewhere in between. Probably low priority.

I really like that purple and pink one, although her wand not matching her color scheme kind of irks me. I hope Red changes color with the color swaps too so the wand can change color as well

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

I like it, but what she really needs is an alt with white hair/red eyes, amirite?

I also wouldn't mind seeing an Ashley with blonde or pink hair, to give off that mahou shoujo/magical girl vibe~ :)
I've always seen Lip as Nintendo's resident magical girl, while Ashley is like the Antimagical girl; like Shadow being the Antihero in Sonic (if that makes any sense to yuse guyz)

StormC

Smash Hero
I like it, but what she really needs is an alt with white hair/red eyes, amirite?

I also wouldn't mind seeing an Ashley with blonde or pink hair, to give off that mahou shoujo/magical girl vibe~ :)
I've always seen Lip as Nintendo's resident magical girl, while Ashley is like the Antimagical girl; like Shadow being the Antihero in Sonic (if that makes any sense to yuse guyz)
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkMagicalGirl

This is Ashley.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
heyo i'm from the isaac camp big supporter for him but i really want ashley too so i hope i can join the list :lol:

Dilliciouz

Smash Cadet
I really don't like getting myself overhyped for this, since I really want ashley playable in SSBU...but I noticed some things.

-Obvious one of Ashley not appearing in the trailer or demo
-Ashley has AT and Costume in the last game
-Ashley not appearing as a AT at all on the Wario Character page at all for SSBU, she appeared on the 3DS/Wii-U Wario character page.
-The bunny arcade mentioning ashley having a bright future
-Ko Takeuchi also retweeted a fan asking to put Ashley in Smash Bros and then deleted it

I might just be biased, but it look like her chances are really decent, but at the same time I'm scared of getting myself hurt really thinking she in, It's not guarantee for sure.

I can only hope SSBU roster is based on the ballot and that japan heavily voted for her.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It looks like July came and went without an announcement, here’s hoping we get our queen soon!

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/BroskiBae/status/1022481505657016320
Looks like Ashley is finally starting to open up a bit, it's kinda nice to see her actually enjoying herself around the others
Nice. Although she still doesn't raise her hands like everyone else does when you win a game which is a pretty nice touch.

On another note, the Ashley badges are apparently collectibles in Warioware Gold. I hope this is true.

Also, Gamexplain is streaming Gold, and Penny has a rather boyish voice. I think it sounds nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwa6u01fwY

Last edited:

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
Nice. Although she still doesn't raise her hands like everyone else does when you win a game which is a pretty nice touch.

On another note, the Ashley badges are apparently collectibles in Warioware Gold. I hope this is true.

Also, Gamexplain is streaming Gold, and Penny has a rather boyish voice. I think it sounds nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwa6u01fwY
Yeah, I really like what they did with her. More social and interactive this time with the other characters without going overboard with it, but still has that familiar Ashley charm we all know, like immediately hanging up on Wario

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
So a couple of Ashley related details from the stream. Andre apparently really likes her Pumpkin Panic minigame, and in that game you can unlock her badges from the Badge Arcade in Warioware Gold. Going out in a limb that they're only viewable in the game and can't be used as 3DS home badges.

Also, you can get the Japanese and English Warioware Touched versions of Ashley's Song, but now with the vocals being way less compressed, so it sounds a lot better now. Sadly you can't make her say that she grants kids to hell.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So a couple of Ashley related details from the stream. Andre apparently really likes her Pumpkin Panic minigame, and in that game you can unlock her badges from the Badge Arcade in Warioware Gold. Going out in a limb that they're only viewable in the game and can't be used as 3DS home badges.

Also, you can get the Japanese and English Warioware Touched versions of Ashley's Song, but now with the vocals being way less compressed, so it sounds a lot better now. Sadly you can't make her say that she grants kids to hell.
Yea I saw that. Having a super clean version of her original song is something I never knew I wanted. I mean, looking back it's obvious I wanted it lol, but it's not something I ever thought about much.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
I never actually knew Ashley shouted her name along with the chorus, such a clear recording. Looking forward to a clean rip. We now have both Ashley voices in WarioWare Gold.

You can unlock the badges, minus some like Crazy Galaxy. I am fairly sure besides Wario himself, Ashley has the most content in WarioWare Gold. Her minigame looks fantastic, and Ashley says Ow too, oh no!

Though maybe that's what she'll sound like in Smash, people were concerned of her sounding in a lot of pain, but pain to her is kinda like "Ow.", if she's hit off the screen into the background she'd probably just say "Lame" or something too, lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I never actually knew Ashley shouted her name along with the chorus, such a clear recording. Looking forward to a clean rip. We now have both Ashley voices in WarioWare Gold.

You can unlock the badges, minus some like Crazy Galaxy. I am fairly sure besides Wario himself, Ashley has the most content in WarioWare Gold. Her minigame looks fantastic, and Ashley says Ow too, oh no!

Though maybe that's what she'll sound like in Smash, people were concerned of her sounding in a lot of pain, but pain to her is kinda like "Ow.", if she's hit off the screen into the background she'd probably just say "Lame" or something too, lol.
"Laaaaaaaaame" ding.

Last edited:

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
We have two Ashley's in the game, then. Classic and Golden. Two voices, her in-game voice and her WarioWare original voice in song form.

Let's combine the two to make the perfect Ashley!

Top Bottom