• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they will use the E3 build or a new build for the tourney. A new build could mean more ATs being shown off and that would get the heart a poundin'!
I wouldn't like it, but if Ashley is not gonna be playable, i would like to know as soon as possible, just to get it over with.

SmashMaster02

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7731-7496-2991
I wonder if they will use the E3 build or a new build for the tourney. A new build could mean more ATs being shown off and that would get the heart a poundin'!
Ashley is my #1 priority for a newcomer, I've literally never wanted a fighter so bad in Smash. It'd crush me if she ended up being an AT

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet
The people who got to play the Demo in the Nintendo Store in New York did not have Ridley as a playable character option. I guess because the demo copy arrived a few days early Nintendo was paranoid someone would have leaked Ridley before hand.

Maybe we'll get a newcomer reveal before the tournament and said newcomer (hopefully Ashley) will be playable in the tournament.

Last edited:

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
Ashley is my #1 priority for a newcomer, I've literally never wanted a fighter so bad in Smash. It'd crush me if she ended up being an AT
I've told myself since Wii U's DLC ended that if she isn't playable in the next one (or someone else I personally want isn't playable) I'm not buying it. Why pay money to be disappointed every time I go to choose a character? I already did that with 3DS/Wii U.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Super Smash Bros Ultimate looks absolutely amazing and there's no way in hell i'm not buying it.
But in the alternate universe where Ashley doesn't get in? I'd be incredibly disappointed.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Hey will Ashley be reveal if Warioware Gold release world wide just like how smash 4 newcomers or veterans.

Tony Duck

Smash Rookie
So, I’ll note about this, since I’m a big Ko Takeuchi fan and I saw this discussed earlier in here.

Ko has done the “subtlety retweet that Ashley should be in smash” a few times. This doesn’t mean anything, of course. But he does delete them faster then his other retweets. (He’s also done it for karate joe.)

Takasmash

Smash Ace
But, I'd also be down for Ashley being shown off as playable in Aces
If Ashley appears in Aces as a DLC Im going regret trading that game. And Nintendo should have more characters with other spin offs games I dont get why DKC and Warioware characters dont appear in Mario Party or sports games. I've never get that.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hey will Ashley be reveal if Warioware Gold release world wide just like how smash 4 newcomers or veterans.
How many newcomers were actually revealed because of a game's upcoming release?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If I remember correctly, it was pretty rare. Rosalina was revealed back to back with a Mario Kart 8 character reveal. Duck Hunt I think was put on VC after the Smash reveal trailer. Shulk was also revealed in a Direct where Xenoblade 3DS was announced.

If Ashley gets a reveal to coincide with WarioWare Gold, best bet is that it's during a Nintendo Direct this month.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Well, not really an "upcoming" release, but Rosalina had promotion for Super Mario 3D World on her character page when she was revealed, and that was a game that had come out about 2 months before her reveal.

The Direct Shulk was in was also where the new3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D was announced.

There was also Corrin, but their game was already out in Japan when they were announced, so it was mainly an upcoming game for America and Europe.

Last edited:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I thought Shulk's trailer was just slapped on YouTube after he was leaked? I don't remember seeing it in a Direct.
It was a Japan-only Nintendo Direct. Everyone else just saw the YouTube video that was uploaded later. (Unless they were watching the Japan-only Direct themselves, of course.)

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I thought Shulk's trailer was just slapped on YouTube after he was leaked? I don't remember seeing it in a Direct.
It was a Japan exclusive Direct. That's about where all this speculation is coming from since there's a precedent.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Not just game releases that coincide with reveals. Luigi was revealed cuz' Year Of Luigi, and I forget if Diddy Kong was due to a DKC anniversary or the impending release of Tropical Freeze.

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
I think the only newcomer reveal that had any pre-announcement was Lucina and Robin. Everyone else was slapped the beginning/ending of a direct if I recall correctly.

Tony Duck

Smash Rookie
Shulk’s reveal trailer was a Japanese only direct for the New Nintendo 3DS. I think Xenoblade 3D was also revealed.

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet
Olimar was revealed on Pikmin 3 Release date and Sonic was revealed to promote Sonic Lost World.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Olimar was revealed on Pikmin 3 Release date and Sonic was revealed to promote Sonic Lost World.
Oh yeah, they even had a Lost World stage announced.
I remember thinking it was funny that Lost World got a stage announced before Mario Galaxy, because everyone was comparing Lost World to Galaxy at the time.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Sure, a lot of veterans were revealed alongside a release. Olimar, Sonic, Toon Link, Zelda, Dedede, Diddy, and probably more I'm missing. Peach and Lucario were released on anniversaries.

But newcomers being revealed alongside a release are far and few, however.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It was a Japan-only Nintendo Direct. Everyone else just saw the YouTube video that was uploaded later. (Unless they were watching the Japan-only Direct themselves, of course.)
I remember watching that early in the morning because I felt there was gonna be a newcomer trailer. Seeing Shulk, my most wanted character, be revealed like that, even though I couldn't understand anything he was saying, was amazing.

Also, 36 people on this thread! Cool!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
It was a Japan exclusive Direct. That's about where all this speculation is coming from since there's a precedent.
I remember getting up early that morning to watch that Japanese direct since I was so hyped despite the recent leaks at the time.

Shulk’s reveal trailer was a beautiful reward for getting up early, and as one of the characters I actually wanted in Smash 4 that I was actually getting, I was extremely happy.

I’d be OK with something like this for Ashley with a Japanese focused reveal that we get an English trailer afterwards.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I'm not expecting too much. I'm keeping my expectations low, and then I'll be happily surprised if there does wind up being a new announcement at this event.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
I'm not expecting too much. I'm keeping my expectations low, and then I'll be happily surprised if there does wind up being a new announcement at this event.
There won't be. People hype themselves up way too much during Smash season and disappointment always sets in.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
Nothing wrong with hoping for a reveal at this tournament, if they use a new build with more items and assists, it will be worth watching. I hope we see more Assists, I want Ashley to be absent yet again from assists!

Then we get Ashley reveal! hopefully, lol

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
There won't be. People hype themselves up way too much during Smash season and disappointment always sets in.
It's one date to look out for at least. Disapointment is just part of the fun of these sorts of things. Except for deconfirmation, that's the hype train crashing and killing everyone on board.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The event is worth watching (I really hope to see more colors for Ganondorf, people only pick the white hair one and I want to see more!), but I don't believe in a Smash announcement, a (3DS) Direct still seems possible to me.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
So, to start a conversion, what did everyone expect from Nintendo/smash bros at E3? What do you expect/hope to see in the future besides Ashley?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
So, to start a conversion, what did everyone expect from Nintendo/smash bros at E3? What do you expect/hope to see in the future besides Ashley?
Well I would like to see the other characters in my sig get included, especially Geno and K.Rool. An adventure mode like Melee would be nice too. But really if Ashley who is my most wanted makes it in; I have no complaints for SSBU.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I didn't expect everyone to return, that's for sure!

Besides Smash (Obviously) I really can't wait to see the 2019 Pokemon game on the switch.
Let's go Pikachu and Eevee look cute, but they're too watered down for me, I know that's the point but still.
Seeing a whole new generation of Pokemon in HD on my tv? It's a dream come true.

I really feel like Ashley, Geno, and K. Rool (or as I like to call them, the Mii costume trio) will get in this time. Here's hoping!

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I expected Smash, I got everything that is Smash to me.

And as a cherry on top, the best damn portrayal of Ridley I have ever seen, perfectly capturing everything done to make him unique in 2002. You don't do things like Ridley's hat twirl without extensive research.

Just need someone from ARMS (Spring Man or Dr. Coyle) + Rex & Pyra/Mythra to make it perfect for me, though as you can tell by me frequenting this thread, Ashley would be a very welcome pick for me as well.

Edit: Oh, and Monster Hunter related stuff, even if not as a fighter.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I thought for sure that Smash 5 was gonna be an advanced port with a few new characters and returning modes and junk. I don't remember what I thought about Ashley's odds back then tho.

Other than Ash, I am not anticipating any other character reveal to thrill me. What I'm most excited for are things like a story mode, online laddering, offline tournaments, some of the cool bonus modes like individualized break the targets and board the platforms. Online Smash Run would also be litty.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
That's good to hear! Theres actually a lot of games I want to get that's coming to the switch but they're kinda expensive oofy. I didn't really know what to expect, though the stream I watched with etika was quite the ride

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Ashley is all I'm really asking for this time around. I had a lot of bad luck regarding my wants in Smash 4, so I'm trying not to get greedy.

K.Rool would be pretty great though.

Top Bottom