• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Ashley for Smashley. Let's see how many Smash fighter outfits she can wear before she (hopefully) gets revealed. All aboard the hype train!

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
July 4th has passed and it is now the beginning of the 5th.
I saw a firework explode and for a second looked like a Smash Ball.
Warioware Gold get's an English trailer announcing a demo.
Charles Martinet sounds as great as ever.
Yesterday was an average day and toady looks like a great one from the get go.

I like the idea of Wario hosting an e-sports event to rob people of their money. Admit it Wario the only jerk who's going to win that 10 million is going to be you. I was excited about the demo so I went to the eShop to see if Gold was finally listed but it's not. Guess that's for later.

But this surprise announcement kind of worries me a bit. All of our speculation so far was hinging on Gold having no information and that a Direct will be used to reveal information. Perhaps Nintendo it just toying with us. They heard small rumblings that people were expecting a Direct on the 5th so they released a short video to mess with us.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Europe only. That's weird. They never seem get anything on time.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
GameXplain uploaded a 20 minute's of the Gold demo. I'll post it here for you to see.

D

Deleted member

I'm still not entirely 100% sold on Ashley (partially because I can't fit her into my roster), but I have a question for you Ashley supporters:
Is there a chance that she'd turn Red into a giant monster for her Final Smash?

Last edited by a moderator:

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
(partially because I can't fit her into my roster)
I don't quite understand what you mean by that.

But to answer your question I think it could be possible for Ashley to turn Red into a monster but I think that wouldn't be as fun as Ashley dragging you into hell.

D

Deleted member

I don't quite understand what you mean by that.
Nothing of importance, I just can't really add anynore characters to my personal roster without having to completely change the way it's organized. Not something I expect anyone to be able to help me with.
But to answer your question I think it could be possible for Ashley to turn Red into a monster but I think that wouldn't be as fun as Ashley dragging you into hell.
Alright, I see. I mostly asked this to make sure I have a good understanding of what she'd be able to do (I've only played one game with Ashley in it so far, so I'm not that familiar with her).

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Finished watching the demo footage and took two screenshots of things I found interesting.

Gamer is coming back as a game mode.
Sketch (234).png

And Ashley is getting some sort of minigame.
Sketch (235).png

Last edited:

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice

Oh my god, what will Ashley sound like?! Will she be voiced by a different actress or keep her original one?!
I'm really, really sick of people asking this. Why does everyone seem to think Nintendo is just going to suddenly drop the WarioWare cast after over 10 years just because they have to talk more?

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Are you all from america?
Guess I'll play the Demo then and try to find everything related to Ashley.

Edit: Oh god, german Wario sounds strange.
Why can't we just have Charles Martinet for all languages :<

Last edited:

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
Finished watching the demo footage and took two screenshots of things I found interesting.

Gamer is coming back as a game mode.

And Ashley is getting some sort of minigame.
AHHHHHHHHH HER OWN MINI GAME OUTSIDE OF G&W! If this is a 3D model, that could make Smash's outlook even brighter since the model's already done!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Are you all from america?
Guess I'll play the Demo then and try to find everything related to Ashley.

Edit: Oh god, german Wario sounds strange.
Why can't we just have Charles Martinet for all languages :<
I'm gonna download the demo too. And german voice acting? I hope the french version still have Charles Martinet, as he does speak french!

Edit: The french voice actor seems to be Frédéric Souterelle, the french voice of... Bobobo. Not a bad fit.

Last edited:

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I'm missing out. Curse you 3DS and your region locking!

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
If memory serves, this is the first WarioWare game to have a demo (outside of store kiosks in past gens) so Nintendo must care about it if they're putting in this kind of effort (yes, a demo is a big deal for games like this.)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So guys: in light of this demo being revealed, does that affect the chances of Ashley or a WarioWare Gold themed Direct that could give us a Smash reveal for Ashley? :o

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So guys: in light of this demo being revealed, does that affect the chances of Ashley or a WarioWare Gold themed Direct that could give us a Smash reveal for Ashley? :o
Maybe yes, maybe no. To be honest, this is hard to establish. For example, if Europe have a demo, but there's a Japan only mini-direct / WarioWare direct, it's possible.

How big was the direct with Shulk's reveal, as it was japanese only?

Edit: The direct with Shulk was 30 minutes long, focused solely on the 3DS. SSB4 may have a 3DS version, but Shulk was still presented with the WiiU version, like other Smash trailers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmdkKO14HM

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Honestly, even without a direct, it is still possible for Ashley to get a standalone trailer as Robin and Lucina did, and it was the same month too! I just hope we get a newcomer reveal of any kind this month as I am itching for a new character.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Honestly, even without a direct, it is still possible for Ashley to get a standalone trailer as Robin and Lucina did, and it was the same month too! I just hope we get a newcomer reveal of any kind this month as I am itching for a new character.
It's true that Robin and Lucina had a trailer without any special context!
Personally, I hope and believe that we get a character per month (echoes included). This would maintain the hype.
Ashley just happen to be a perfect candidate for July / August / Halloween.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Yeah just a guess but it looks like you scan in amiibo and wario sculpts it? or sketches it? I dunno sounds fittingly weird. I do think the Demo hurts the chances of a Mini direct, but I'm also glad to get more info on the game. Hopefully they announce Ashley in smashy before Gold is out still.

Not much of her in the demo, but oh well. a couple shots of her with her head at a 3/4 view and I gotta say the new art style looks great when her head is not straight on. Though I might be one of the only people who thinks the new art style is great in general and prefer them to change it up every game to keep things fresh.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I saw Gamexplain's video on the WarioWare Gold demo, as soon as I saw the thumbnail and the first few seconds of the video, I rushed out to see if the demo was available on the eShop. I could not find it. Will the demo come out soon?

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I'm still not entirely 100% sold on Ashley (partially because I can't fit her into my roster), but I have a question for you Ashley supporters:
Is there a chance that she'd turn Red into a giant monster for her Final Smash?
I haven't seen her do that in cutscenes I've watched. They might go the SB Crusade route and have her summon a giant plant monster like in her Smooth Moves Epilogue.
Proabably. The demo answers all the questions we had, so the chances worsen a bit.

On the super off chance that Wario gets his own direct featuring Gold, VB Land, WW Switch, maybe a WW Mobile (about damn time), that basically seals the deal for Ashley. But that's just me fantasizing.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I saw Gamexplain's video on the WarioWare Gold demo, as soon as I saw the thumbnail and the first few seconds of the video, I rushed out to see if the demo was available on the eShop. I could not find it. Will the demo come out soon?
No word yet on when the NA Demo will be out. Europe gets the game a week before us, so my guess is that we'll get the demo next week.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Proabably. The demo answers all the questions we had, so the chances worsen a bit.
We still don't know exactly what the Amiibos do. I 'd like to think Nintendo cares enough to give Gold a second look in a direct and announce when the NA demo is ready.

I will admit I am a little paranoid Nintendo might just upload a short trailer of Gold on their YouTube channel and call it a day which would be terrible.

If WW Switch or Wario Land VB is in the works then more power to it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think it seems reasonable Ashley would be announced either this month or next month, Simon will probably be revealed in October cause it fits him best I’d say.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
We still don't know exactly what the Amiibos do. I 'd like to think Nintendo cares enough to give Gold a second look in a direct and announce when the NA demo is ready.
In the GameXplain Video it shows that the amiibo are used for a "Wario Sketch" thing.

There are still those question marks in the japanese page, but that could be something shown in the Demo.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
AHHHHHHHHH HER OWN MINI GAME OUTSIDE OF G&W! If this is a 3D model, that could make Smash's outlook even brighter since the model's already done!
It isn't like the model is quality enough to be use in Smash or tht Smash reuses models for the fighters. But it is good to have cannon examples for proportions I suppose.
Still hoping that if we get a RH character it will be 2D. Ashley obviously has to be 3D to match Wario, but I want some Ko Takeuchi art on thr battlefield.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I think it seems reasonable Ashley would be announced either this month or next month, Simon will probably be revealed in October cause it fits him best I’d say.
Speaking of Simon though, I did think of an event if both he and Ashley make it in.

Name: What a horrible night for a curse
Characters: Simon Belmont, Ashley
Stage: Luigi's Mansion or Ashley's Haunted Mansion(if a stage)
Description: Ashley has seized a piece of Dracula and she has no intention of giving it up!

For those who haven't played Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. Simon killed Dracula in the first game, but before he died, he placed a curse on Simon and the land of Transylvania. Then his body parts were scattered inside 5 mansions around the land. So Simon must go inside the mansions to get the body parts, and revive Dracula to kill him again to end the curse. I think Ashley and Simon go well together being Halloween themed. :p

Last edited:

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
The NA region is still waiting for Yo-Kai Watch 3 localization along with the WarioWare Gold demo. A Luigi's Mansion release date would be nice too.

We still might get a Nintendo direct this month even if it is a NA region only direct.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The NA region is still waiting for Yo-Kai Watch 3 localization along with the WarioWare Gold demo. A Luigi's Mansion release date would be nice too.

We still might get a Nintendo direct this month even if it is a NA region only direct.
They likely wouldn't announce Ashley in an NA only Direct. The only time they've announced a character in a region exclusive Direct is when Shulk was announced in a Japan-only Direct, and that was only because he's not nearly as big in the west as he is in Japan.

My point is, a lot of Ashley's hype comes from Japan, so announcing her in an NA only Direct would make no sense.

Top Bottom