• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I.... can't say I expected this topic oof lol.

And honestly, the presence of lewds of a character shouldn't affect their chances. Every character has lewds. Even the hamster that was recently added to Overwatch has lewds. So it's kind of a pointless thing.

It's not something we can control, so no point in bothering about it. If people dislike Ashley because lewds of her exist, its their loss.
Very true, I mean look at the people complaining about Snake's bottom getting reduced(Even his voice actor lol). It is just something that we have to accept, but like you said we have better reasons for supporting Ashley. Let the other boards think what they want, they will all flip flop on Ashley once she gets revealed. :p

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Very true, I mean look at the people complaining about Snake's bottom getting reduced(Even his voice actor lol). It is just something that we have to accept, but like you said we have better reasons for supporting Ashley. Let the other boards think what they want, they will all flip flop on Ashley once she gets revealed. :p
I'll admit people fixating on Snake's ass was funny to me. :laugh:

And yeah, we'll have the last laugh once she's in.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I.... can't say I expected this topic oof lol.

And honestly, the presence of lewds of a character shouldn't affect their chances. Every character has lewds. Even the hamster that was recently added to Overwatch has lewds. So it's kind of a pointless thing.

It's not something we can control, so no point in bothering about it. If people dislike Ashley because lewds of her exist, its their loss.
Even the hamster?

Jesus man, what’s the world come to?

Looking at it from a glass half full point of view, I guess if I don’t see it, it can’t affect me. Still, the inevitability of Rule 34 is a stupid reason not to want characters like Ashley and Lip in Smash.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Got started on an Ashley moveset. It is a little underpowered, sure, but I am sure it can be stronger with a few tweaks. I decided that she probably fights with magic and the power of friendship. Truly someone who fights for her friends.

A: Spell Cast- Ashley Pummels the opponent with her wand. Each subsequent hit layers a different debuff on the character.

AA: Opponents are now injured by their own attacks. In team matches, teams will now have team attack enabled if it isn't already.

AAA: Opponents now take 25% higher damage from their friends. Ashley is now their friend.

A Side: Influence- Attack does nothing but change the music playing on the stage to her theme song. If her theme song is already playing, then characters in the vicinity of Ashley will have the Lip Stick flower effect placed on them.

A Dash: Glare- Ashley glares as she flies on her broom. Her look of disapproval is incredibly painful to her new friends.

A Down: Pentagram- Ashley has Red draw a pentagram on the ground. If opponents are near it will pull them closer while damaging them. If no one is near, the pentagram remains waiting for the day someone draws near. If it is stepped on by an opponents, they will be buried into the ground.

A Up: Indifference- Ashley ignored her new friends above her. Her lack of attention makes them question where their lives went so wrong. The opponents controls become more laggy causing accidental suicides off the stages and slowed inputs to be more likely.

Charge Smash Side: Apocalypse- Ashley ends the world.

Charge Smash Up: Summon- Ashley summons a beastly plant like the one in Smooth Moves. The plant remains on the battlefield until another is summoned. Plant is 2 Ridleys tall and 3 Bowsers wide. Hell must have some crazy fertile soil!

Charge Smash Down: Deletion- Ashley removes player from the match (Wins by default in 1v1 because the other player is no longer in the match.) When fully charged, the character is fully removed from Smash Ultimate's roster. Doesn't work against other Ashley players.

Grab: Memory Sharing- Since she is lonely she tries to make friends. She does this by sharing a strong, emotional memory with the opponent while embracing them in a hug. Example- Cloud will relive Aerith's death but with Ashley incorporated in the memory. Samus would relive her childhood when Ridley attacked. etc. Strong emotional bonds make strong friendships, right?

Throw: Conformity- The opponent is magically transformed into another Ashley. The opponent is still friends with the original Ashley and will be unable to hurt her (acting as a team- this move still has its properties even if team attack is turned on.) In 1v1s the original Ashley will win be default. Ashley will also replace the opponent's slot on the CSS. It is possible to only have Ashley on your CSS if you strategically use this move.

B: Granting Kids to Hell- Characters with souls are gifted a vacation to a warm dimension from their new friend, Ashley. They seem to lose their will to fight. What are they doing? Who are they? Why do they exist? What is their purpose? After this attack, the opponent's attacks will only heal Ashley and any move with knockback will only knock the opponent back themselves. This lasts for the entirety of the opponents stock until they get KO'd.

Side B: Broomstick- She can fly with her broomstick a short distance (Roughly the width of Palutena's Temple.) Pressing A fires lighting bolts from her fingers and pressing B has her do a loop-de-loop. Press Side B again to cancel the move early.

Up B: Space Manipulation- The stage moves to be beneath Ashley so she will land safely. Any characters touching the stage will move as well because inertia, but if you are in the air you might get screwed over. The Blast Zones move along with the stage. Red transforms into an umbrella as she gently floats down.

Down B: Time Manipulation- A chargeable move. Ashley progresses time in the match which effects the clock as well as the age of characters in the match. Occasionally her opponents will perish of old age. If held long enough, she will fast forward time enough to get to the win screen where she wins by default.

Final Smash: Dimension Switch- Ashley tears the fabric of reality. The move closes Smash Bros, deletes the save data and opens any digital game on your system. Ashley is now the protagonist. (Ashley Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Ashley Odyssey, Legend of Red: Breath of the Wild, etc.)

Might need some feedback on how to make it more powerful so she could be a viable fighter.
Jesus Christ. Lowkey Ashley is canonically one of the strongest characters in the Smashverse.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Got started on an Ashley moveset. It is a little underpowered, sure, but I am sure it can be stronger with a few tweaks. I decided that she probably fights with magic and the power of friendship. Truly someone who fights for her friends.

A: Spell Cast- Ashley Pummels the opponent with her wand. Each subsequent hit layers a different debuff on the character.

AA: Opponents are now injured by their own attacks. In team matches, teams will now have team attack enabled if it isn't already.

AAA: Opponents now take 25% higher damage from their friends. Ashley is now their friend.

A Side: Influence- Attack does nothing but change the music playing on the stage to her theme song. If her theme song is already playing, then characters in the vicinity of Ashley will have the Lip Stick flower effect placed on them.

A Dash: Glare- Ashley glares as she flies on her broom. Her look of disapproval is incredibly painful to her new friends.

A Down: Pentagram- Ashley has Red draw a pentagram on the ground. If opponents are near it will pull them closer while damaging them. If no one is near, the pentagram remains waiting for the day someone draws near. If it is stepped on by an opponents, they will be buried into the ground.

A Up: Indifference- Ashley ignored her new friends above her. Her lack of attention makes them question where their lives went so wrong. The opponents controls become more laggy causing accidental suicides off the stages and slowed inputs to be more likely.

Charge Smash Side: Apocalypse- Ashley ends the world.

Charge Smash Up: Summon- Ashley summons a beastly plant like the one in Smooth Moves. The plant remains on the battlefield until another is summoned. Plant is 2 Ridleys tall and 3 Bowsers wide. Hell must have some crazy fertile soil!

Charge Smash Down: Deletion- Ashley removes player from the match (Wins by default in 1v1 because the other player is no longer in the match.) When fully charged, the character is fully removed from Smash Ultimate's roster. Doesn't work against other Ashley players.

Grab: Memory Sharing- Since she is lonely she tries to make friends. She does this by sharing a strong, emotional memory with the opponent while embracing them in a hug. Example- Cloud will relive Aerith's death but with Ashley incorporated in the memory. Samus would relive her childhood when Ridley attacked. etc. Strong emotional bonds make strong friendships, right?

Throw: Conformity- The opponent is magically transformed into another Ashley. The opponent is still friends with the original Ashley and will be unable to hurt her (acting as a team- this move still has its properties even if team attack is turned on.) In 1v1s the original Ashley will win be default. Ashley will also replace the opponent's slot on the CSS. It is possible to only have Ashley on your CSS if you strategically use this move.

B: Granting Kids to Hell- Characters with souls are gifted a vacation to a warm dimension from their new friend, Ashley. They seem to lose their will to fight. What are they doing? Who are they? Why do they exist? What is their purpose? After this attack, the opponent's attacks will only heal Ashley and any move with knockback will only knock the opponent back themselves. This lasts for the entirety of the opponents stock until they get KO'd.

Side B: Broomstick- She can fly with her broomstick a short distance (Roughly the width of Palutena's Temple.) Pressing A fires lighting bolts from her fingers and pressing B has her do a loop-de-loop. Press Side B again to cancel the move early.

Up B: Space Manipulation- The stage moves to be beneath Ashley so she will land safely. Any characters touching the stage will move as well because inertia, but if you are in the air you might get screwed over. The Blast Zones move along with the stage. Red transforms into an umbrella as she gently floats down.

Down B: Time Manipulation- A chargeable move. Ashley progresses time in the match which effects the clock as well as the age of characters in the match. Occasionally her opponents will perish of old age. If held long enough, she will fast forward time enough to get to the win screen where she wins by default.

Final Smash: Dimension Switch- Ashley tears the fabric of reality. The move closes Smash Bros, deletes the save data and opens any digital game on your system. Ashley is now the protagonist. (Ashley Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Ashley Odyssey, Legend of Red: Breath of the Wild, etc.)

Might need some feedback on how to make it more powerful so she could be a viable fighter.
You know, we were just discussing a few days ago about how granting her opponents to hell could be Ashley's Final Smash. I appreciate the bold choice to make it her default Special. But, I must say, this moveset doesn't pack that *oomph* that would make Ashley a character with actual options. Maybe add in a down tilt where she automatically wins the match to give her a little more hoopla?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
You know, we were just discussing a few days ago about how granting her opponents to hell could be Ashley's Final Smash. I appreciate the bold choice to make it her default Special. But, I must say, this moveset doesn't pack that *oomph* that would make Ashley a character with actual options. Maybe add in a down tilt where she automatically wins the match to give her a little more hoopla?
You're right. I also forgot the taunt where she uses her wand to call Sakurai to instantly nerf her opponents (and Greninja even if he isn't in the match.) Might as well give it a 75% chance to be a three-way call with Ko Takeuchi to make her more buff visually. It will intimidate opponents.

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
This parallel discussions about the kind of fanart Ashley would get and her power-level reminded me that there is a curious an Easter egg in Game and Wario. You can blow in the tablet microphone to create wind and move Ashley's skirt a bit so she gets mad at you. If you try to be creepy with her three times, she simply snaps and breaks the fourth wall to give you a game over.

https://image.ibb.co/jPVN1d/1529632843626.jpg

Last edited:

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
This parallel discussions about the kind of fanart Ashley would get and her power-level reminded me that there is a curious an Easter egg in Game and Wario. You can blow in the tablet microphone to create wind and move Ashley's skirt a bit so she gets mad at you. If you try to be creepy with her three times, she simply snaps and breaks the fourth wall to give you a game over.

Funny story, okay? I was playing Ashley's game one day, doing my best to avoid being hit. A damageless run, however; right at the boss I messed up and got hit and missed some points.

In which case, in a fake rage I shook the gamepad, then I heard her grunt. I didn't know what I did, but I did it again and noticed she pulled her dress down. I don't know what I expected, so I kept doing it until I realized you had to blow into the mic.

That's how I found out about it. Eventually I did end go getting the most points possible on each stage without getting hit, but it took numerous tries.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Aww I missed fun topics. Also yeah I'ts a bummer the direct on the 5th leak was a lie, but kinda expected. I still expect a direct soonish.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Warioware Gold's japanese box confirms multiplayer of some sort btw. Just saw On twitter. They really need to let the west know these features. Lol.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Warioware Gold's japanese box confirms multiplayer of some sort btw. Just saw On twitter. They really need to let the west know these features. Lol.
Wait what? Can I see this? I mean alot of WW games have multiplayer that involves sharing the same controller, but if we get Mega Party games style online multiplayer that would be sick. I don't see a direct not happening. And a month almost past since e3, so we're due for a character reveal too.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Last edited:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
People like to watch the character trailers live. That's why they announced the Robin and Lucina trailer a few days before the reveal.
To be fair, when Shulk was revealed, it was in a Japan-only Direct. Most people in the west didn't know about Shulk's reveal trailer until they woke up later and saw it on the website / on their YouTube subscription feed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

That's what should happen if you try move the camera to look under her dress in Smash.

Top Bottom