• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'd say this coincides pretty well with the below leak:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422675415#q422675415
I want to believe there's a pattern for a reason, but... a direct not even a month after E3? The only directs we get that soon are either Japan-only, Minis, or game-specific. This instead suggests a full direct.

I can buy the info about Gold/Awakening/Land VB, but I'll have to see this to believe it.

sayaka11

Smash Rookie
I want to believe there's a pattern for a reason, but... a direct not even a month after E3? The only directs we get that soon are either Japan-only, Minis, or game-specific. This instead suggests a full direct.

I can buy the info about Gold/Awakening/Land VB, but I'll have to see this to believe it.
Yeah, I agree 100%. It's just another "leak" from 4chan, so you can't really expect all that much. We'll find out this week either way.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Give me a mini 3ds direct please nintendo. I know you're reading this.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Even if this guy is right, what does he gain by just stating that it's happening? Did he leak anything else alongside or is that it?

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Even if this guy is right, what does he gain by just stating that it's happening? Did he leak anything else alongside or is that it?
It doesn't seem like he's leaked anything prior, but I didn't look much past the beginning of E3 on his timeline.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this means anything at all, but I just thought I'd post about it. Apparently some in-store advertisements for WarioWare Gold have started popping up in Japan. There's also some news on the release dates.

I found the info on GoNintendo: https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...tore-advertising-pops-up-in-japan-worldwide-r
Ashley with red and Wario are the only two characters that get a whole sticker to themselves? Everyone else is grouped together on another sticker. Ashley's reaching Wario levels of popularity!

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Not sure if this means anything at all, but I just thought I'd post about it. Apparently some in-store advertisements for WarioWare Gold have started popping up in Japan. There's also some news on the release dates.

I found the info on GoNintendo: https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...tore-advertising-pops-up-in-japan-worldwide-r
Hey, look who gets a sticker all to themse--

Ashley with red and Wario are the only two characters that get a whole sticker to themselves? Everyone else is grouped together on another sticker. Ashley's reaching Wario levels of popularity!
Beat me to it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Honestly Ashley makes too much sense at this point, I find her chances to be pretty high considering all of the factors put together, and I’d even go as far to say that I find her as the most likely newcomer. The only one I see rivaling her in terms of chances is Bandana Dee but even then I feel Ashley beats him.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
When I first saw these pictures on the Wario Forum, I was kinda bummed that Ashley was the only one that didn't get a group pose with the rest of the cast and Wario. Girl needs to put herself out there more. It didn't occur to me that Ashley could carry a sticker by herself. I guess both explanations work.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Honestly Ashley makes too much sense at this point, I find her chances to be pretty high considering all of the factors put together, and I’d even go as far to say that I find her as the most likely newcomer. The only one I see rivaling her in terms of chances is Bandana Dee but even then I feel Ashley beats him.
She has gotten a lot of promotion the last few years so she's absolutely one of the most likely but I wouldn't peg her ahead of K. Rool. Not that it'll matter since there should be enough spots for both of them, but I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves and say "she's #1" when nothing's a given yet.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
She has gotten a lot of promotion the last few years so she's absolutely one of the most likely but I wouldn't peg her ahead of K. Rool. Not that it'll matter since there should be enough spots for both of them, but I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves and say "she's #1" when nothing's a given yet.
I don’t think K Rool is that likely tbh, his chances are all dependent on the Ballot and as a result there’s too many variables to choose from. Ashley is less dependent on the Ballot due to Nintendo’s marketing approach.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If I had to be honest about characters chances in order:

King K. Rool has the biggest fan following and likely scored highest on the ballot.

Ashley is the one that seem most likely due to Nintendo promoting her and her popularity.

Isaac for not being an Assist Trophy yeet.

Last edited:

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
You think Ashley will sound like her cute little self in both releases or will she have her usual teen voice in the English version? in Game and Wario, her voice is deeper than her usual Japanese voice. Brawl sounds pretty old too.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You think Ashley will sound like her cute little self in both releases or will she have her usual teen voice in the English version? in Game and Wario, her voice is deeper than her usual Japanese voice. Brawl sounds pretty old too.
We must go deeper. In Ultimate, she'll be voiced by a man.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I feel like they’re gonna go with the deeper voice for the English version due to it being what they’ve used previously, but I feel Ashley will be fully voiced differently depending on the region.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I was wondering that too. I'm not sure if the Ashley in Brawl's music is canonically supposed to be Ashley, but maybe she's a person in the character of Ashley. It would explain why Mike doesn't sound like a robot in his song and the vocals in Ashley's Song V2 are so different.

I hope they go with the actress who played her in Smooth Moves and in Game and Wario. She sounds pretty subdued and the pitch isn't too high or deep. Usually that kind of a voice doesn't get as old upon relistening, which is pretty important when they are going to be reusing lines a lot in game.

I thing BluePikmin's analysis is just what I needed to read to temper my expectations. They didn't hold anything back and I trust their judgement well enough, and while I still have hope that Ashley will get in, I'm more aware of the things holding her back and that'll help to soften the blow if she does get deconfirmed again.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I feel like they’re gonna go with the deeper voice for the English version due to it being what they’ve used previously, but I feel Ashley will be fully voiced differently depending on the region.
Yeah, Ashley's situation isn't really different than any other character with a voice. There's no reason to go Japanese only, especially since we've got both versions of Ashley's Song.

I thing BluePikmin's analysis is just what I needed to read to temper my expectations. They didn't hold anything back and I trust their judgement well enough, and while I still have hope that Ashley will get in, I'm more aware of the things holding her back and that'll help to soften the blow if she does get deconfirmed again.
Fair enough! I myself think the biggest thing that could go against her is potentially her having fewer ballot votes than expected because she already had a role in Smash 4. Back then, nobody knew for sure if it was going to be used beyond that game, so some people may have disregarded Ashley, Waluigi, Takamaru, Lyn, etc.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think there is a decent chance Ashley is the next true newcomer confirmed for Ultimate. WarioWare Gold's release is in very early August, and I think there is a good probability that we will have a newcomer confirmed during some point in July (probably towards the middle or end). Her absence as an Assist Trophy and her promotion in various other titles (Nintendo Badge Arcade, Super Mario Maker, Band Bros. P, Rhythm Heaven Megamix) makes it seems she is being prepped for the "big time".

The main obstacles I see facing her are:
1. The very limited amount of slots for newcomers this time around.
2. She has not really done anything to distinguish herself yet aside from all these various cameos.

She will probably be the bone that is thrown to the Japanese fanbase much like Ridley was to the Western one.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The more I researched into Ashley and the team behind the WarioWare/RH games, the more I want her in. I may not expect her when it comes to my predictions, but I would wholeheartedly love to be wrong just to give Nintendo SPD Group 1 more love and representation in Ultimate. You can add me to the support list.

In support of the team, I will be buying WarioWare Twisted sometime this week. At a certain time when I was a young gamer, Twisted really interested me because of its unique gyro mechanic, but I never had the money and time to buy it back then. I got WarioWare D.I.Y. years later to compensate me missing it, enjoying the many times I created micro-games, comics, and music tracks. Now I can finally experience a one-of-a-kind WarioWare game that has been catching my curiousity for a long time.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
People are going to go crazy for those Ashley Amiibos! I'm probably going to ruin some kid's Christmas grabbing the last Ashley off the shelf before Grandma gets there!

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
One Ashley Amiibo in box, one for display, one for lending. But I wont lend it hehe. Jk ones enough.. unless its super good.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Day 2 of July 2018.
No mini direct in sight.
Noticed Smashboards has stopped updating me on new posts on the Ashley thread.
So far this has been an uneventful day but reading 8 pages of Ashley worship makes me happy.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I'll give it until tomorrow for the supposed direct to be announced, but man it would definitely get my heart racing if any direct gets announced for this month. The sooner Ashley gets revealed the better.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Do you know a good site for cute Ashley pics? I'd like to spread awareness of her in a certain discord server.
Also, we need a Biker Ashley outfit if she makes it:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Do you know a good site for cute Ashley pics? I'd like to spread awareness of her in a certain discord server.
Also, we need a Biker Ashley outfit if she makes it:
Biker Ashley, yes.

Wario wearing Ashley’s outfit? Uh..... no thank you.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
The Nintendo Page still has almost no details on Warioware gold or its Amiibo functionality, infact all it says is. "Stay tuned for details coming soon".

Last edited:

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
The Nintendo Page still has almost no details on Warioware gold or its Amiibo functionality, infact all it says is. "Stay tuned for details coming soon".

One of those " further details" is Ashley in Smash!

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
The Nintendo Direct has to be at least 1 week prior to Gold's release date. Actually 2 weeks is better and more likely.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Yeah I can see an info dump in the next couple weeks. For a wario compilation game they are being suspiciously tight lipped leading to it's release. It even says the number of players as "to be determined.".

They are either hiding suprises, or are pretty bad at marketing this game. Either way i'll do as the website asks and wait for details... soon

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So what do you guys think is a better announcement date for Ashley? This month (The month before WarioWare Gold is announced) or October (Which is when Spoopy Season is)?

Top Bottom