• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
This.
I'm not saying she's 100% guaranteed, but she's got more of a chance than people think.
Maybe 99 percent chance. Hehe.. I wish.

Can you guys think of any interesting Ashley taunts?

Last edited:

SmashMaster02

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7731-7496-2991
I think maybe shyly hugging her bunny doll could be a possible taunt, or maybe holding a finger to her mouth as if she's in deep thought

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Do Warioware series has the same popularity like Donkey Kong Franchise?
I'd say no, because it's definitely more niche, but Ashley herself is kind of a breakout star, so I think it's a bit of a special case.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Maybe 99 percent chance. Hehe.. I wish.

Can you guys think of any interesting Ashley taunts?
Outside of a taunt where she lifts her wand skyward and says "hocus pocus!", it would be hilarious if she went through the entire game with complete disinterest and teenage(?) angst. Imagine her getting blasted off the stage and all she has to say is "laaame."

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
Not a taunt, but her victory should have her calling the other "Pathetic" like she does in her own game, that would be downright disrespectful! oh, she probably won't even clap if she loses, just have her head down trying not to get angry, or maybe her hair is already white and mad.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Not a taunt, but her victory should have her calling the other "Pathetic" like she does in her own game, that would be downright disrespectful! oh, she probably won't even clap if she loses, just have her head down trying not to get angry, or maybe her hair is already white and mad.
Instead of Ashley clapping, Red likely would.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'd say no, because it's definitely more niche, but Ashley herself is kind of a breakout star, so I think it's a bit of a special case.
Pretty much. She's grown to be bigger than the franchise she represents. I'm just waiting for the day Nintendo developers start putting her in other games as a playable character, and if she gets in Smash, I think it'll speed up that process.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
There's a rumor that there's 6 more
Pretty much. She's grown to be bigger than the franchise she represents. I'm just waiting for the day Nintendo developers start putting her in other games as a playable character, and if she gets in Smash, I think it'll speed up that process.
They may even wanna put her in Smash to boost her popularity if Nintendo does have bigger plans for Ashley outside of WarioWare (which it seems like they might)

Noipoi

Howdy!

They may even wanna put her in Smash to boost her popularity if Nintendo does have bigger plans for Ashley outside of WarioWare (which it seems like they might)
The Arcade Bunny did say Ashley had a bright future ahead, who knows?

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi

That would certainly give her a greater international appeal. Smash is the great pilgrimage that gamers from many different corners of the industry are willing to trek. You give a niche/unknown character a playable position in Smash, and intrigue will jet through the roof. Just look at Fire Emblem. And Ashley already has a leg up on pre-Melee Fire Emblem, having an international presence, and all. She just needs that one good push into stardom and VIOLA, we've got ourselves another IP in the ever-growing family of games that branched out from the original Donkey Kong.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Instead of clapping, having her shrug like in Game & Wario would be nice (and Red clapping would be a nice touch)

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
Smash could indeed be the final push Ashley needs towards stardom. I'm personally certain that Craxy Galaxy wasn't just an April Fool's joke.

sayaka11

Smash Rookie
As much as I love Ashley, what about Kat and Ana? They should also appear. Maybe in her stage? :)
I'm sure Kat and Ana will definitely return as AT's. I know it's been stated several times already, but I'm really hoping for a lot of the WarioWare content to be revealed next month sometime. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
My only concern with Ashley at this point really is the fact we know there are over 50 assist trophies in the game. And I fully expect her to return as one if she isn't playable...We've seen 30 and I'm far more anxious to see assist trophies for this game than ever before for all of the characters they will continue to deconfirm or lend more credit to.

She could just as easily be an assist trophy Sakurai held back from the E3 build and that would be heartbreaking... (I know her popularity and even "relevance" say otherwise, but I'm also trying to keep some expectations in check for my own hype so I don't end up super disappointed again like I did with Smash 4's initial roster)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
My only concern with Ashley at this point really is the fact we know there are over 50 assist trophies in the game. And I fully expect her to return as one if she isn't playable...We've seen 30 and I'm far more anxious to see assist trophies for this game than ever before for all of the characters they will continue to deconfirm or lend more credit to.

She could just as easily be an assist trophy Sakurai held back from the E3 build and that would be heartbreaking... (I know her popularity and even "relevance" say otherwise, but I'm also trying to keep some expectations in check for my own hype so I don't end up super disappointed again like I did with Smash 4's initial roster)
If she's not playable she's 100% back as an assist trophy. It'd be strange to cut her completely. I think everyone here is a bit on edge, afraid any day a Smash post shows Ashley as an assist again. I think no matter what your expectations are if you want a character and they're not playable it's impossible to avoid disappointment.

I won't lie. I really, REALLY want Ashley playable, and would be really disappointed if she wasn't. I can't pretend to keep my expectations in check. Because even if I did, my disappointment would still be there no matter how hard I tried. I wouldn't be angry or anything. Just sad. All we can do is keep supporting her with "evidence" to help our support. Even if said evidence means nothing, it's all speculation and part of the fun.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If she's not playable she's 100% back as an assist trophy. It'd be strange to cut her completely. I think everyone here is a bit on edge, afraid any day a Smash post shows Ashley as an assist again. I think no matter what your expectations are if you want a character and they're not playable it's impossible to avoid disappointment.

I won't lie. I really, REALLY want Ashley playable, and would be really disappointed if she wasn't. I can't pretend to keep my expectations in check. Because even if I did, my disappointment would still be there no matter how hard I tried. I wouldn't be angry or anything. Just sad. All we can do is keep supporting her with "evidence" to help our support. Even if said evidence means nothing, it's all speculation and part of the fun.
I'm aware. Smash Ultimate somehow has so many more questions than Smash 4 did given how it was revealed which is strange to say. A game for the fans would imply characters that fans were rallying behind and becoming big at the time of development. Especially with how basically nothing new came out in that period leading up to the start of Smash Ultimate development.

I think it's a little helpful to just keep us all and myself in check with expectations. There is the disappointment of a character not getting in, and then there is the disappointment of convincing yourself a character is guaranteed or practically impossible to NOT be in the game as playable. I think the whole boards have become a little bit too certain of picks when we've seen all of ONE newcomer (Inklings were so practically given, that I'm less inclined to consider how they effect things). It's just so tempting to see the light on certain characters for this Smash, which is always dangerous when it comes to predicting Smash rosters.

Damn, I need her revealed next month already if that's even a possible reality...

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm aware. Smash Ultimate somehow has so many more questions than Smash 4 did given how it was revealed which is strange to say. A game for the fans would imply characters that fans were rallying behind and becoming big at the time of development. Especially with how basically nothing new came out in that period leading up to the start of Smash Ultimate development.

I think it's a little helpful to just keep us all and myself in check with expectations. There is the disappointment of a character not getting in, and then there is the disappointment of convincing yourself a character is guaranteed or practically impossible to NOT be in the game as playable. I think the whole boards have become a little bit too certain of picks when we've seen all of ONE newcomer (Inklings were so practically given, that I'm less inclined to consider how they effect things). It's just so tempting to see the light on certain characters for this Smash, which is always dangerous when it comes to predicting Smash rosters.

Damn, I need her revealed next month already if that's even a possible reality...
I think everyone here is aware of the risks of assuming a character is a shoe in. We're just a passionate group who thinks their character is pretty likely. Just like several other character threads feel the same.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Yeah, given the 6 month hype cycle I think a lot of people are on edge for their preferred characters. Brawl and Wii U/3DS both had about a year and a half hype cycles which allowed people to easily temper expectations. I've been a Ridley Supporter for 17 years, So I'm well accustomed to disappointment in regards to characters I want getting disconfirmed but, this time, I'm really not well prepared for it. XD

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
You've become me. Those are my exact feelings about this.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say Ashley is a Shoe-in. The fact that I don't believe Ashley is guaranteed is not a pleasant thought but, I feel confidant enough about it to not be worried about it.

People try to convince themselves to not expect the character they want most in that way it leads to less disappointment. I don't think you can fully dilute your mind to not expect a character you think has a potential chance of making it into Smash. Although, I do believe the other way around can be achieved where a person can convince themselves a character with virtually no evidence that points toward their possible play ability is likely to get in.

There are other characters I would like to see in Smash but, in Ashley's case I do see enough evidence to justify an expectation for her play ability.

sayaka11

Smash Rookie
To support this rumor, I thought this was an interesting read:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...east-half-dozen-characters-still-be-revealed/

Furthermore, someone in the comments section of this article mentioned the following:

"I know nobody will trust this leak I'm posting but I will leave it here so when the reveals do happen I'll have it. Only 10 members of the press know this info from E3 as well.
8 brand newcomers and 3 echo fighters.
Newcomers are: Inkling, Ridley, Simon Belmont, Chorus Kids, King K. Rool, Elma from Xenoblade X, Dixie Kong (not a clone), and Ashley.
The echo fighters are Daisy, Dark Samus and Octoling.
For evidence, Ashley has yet to appear as her assist trophy from 4 in any ultimate footage show so far. Official or otherwise. This leak was also passed around at the convention the day before the direct even aired."

Now, I obviously believe all of the information above is total BS until officially confirmed, but man, that is definitely a plausible lineup of newcomers if it's true.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Add me to the supporter list please (I thought I was already in it but I guess that was the Smash 4 thread).

Iustinus Tempus

Smash Rookie
I have been a supporter of Ashley for a while now and I would like to be added to the supporter list please. :3

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...east-half-dozen-characters-still-be-revealed/

Furthermore, someone in the comments section of this article mentioned the following:

"I know nobody will trust this leak I'm posting but I will leave it here so when the reveals do happen I'll have it. Only 10 members of the press know this info from E3 as well.
Newcomers are: Inkling, Ridley, Simon Belmont, Chorus Kids, King K. Rool, Elma from Xenoblade X, Dixie Kong (not a clone), and Ashley.
For evidence, Ashley has yet to appear as her assist trophy from 4 in any ultimate footage show so far. Official or otherwise. This leak was also passed around at the convention the day before the direct even aired."

Now, I obviously believe all of the information above is total BS until officially confirmed, but man, that is definitely a plausible lineup of newcomers if it's true.
As stupid as it may sound I find any leak with Ashley more believable. Because Ashley is often overlooked any leaker that includes Ashley is either more knowledgeable or true.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I wouldn't say Ashley is a Shoe-in. The fact that I don't believe Ashley is guaranteed is not a pleasant thought but, I feel confidant enough about it to not be worried about it.

People try to convince themselves to not expect the character they want most in that way it leads to less disappointment. I don't think you can fully dilute your mind to not expect a character you think has a potential chance of making it into Smash. Although, I do believe the other way around can be achieved where a person can convince themselves a character with virtually no evidence that points toward their possible play ability is likely to get in.

There are other characters I would like to see in Smash but, in Ashley's case I do see enough evidence to justify an expectation for her play ability.
I don't think any character is a shoe-in. I remember the lead up to Brawl, seeing and hearing people comment about certain characters they felt were certain to be added in such as King K. Rool and Krystal... and to this day they are still not playable.

I think Ashely is one of the most likely newcomers, I'd even put her within the same bracket of likelihood as King K. Rool and Bandanna Dee, (with only Dixie and Isabelle as more likely in my mind, but that's due to the chance of them being Echo Fighters... as unfortunate as that would be) but I'd never say any character is a shoe-in. With less newcomers being the suggested outcome, it means she has quite strong competition in terms of getting in, despite her own very strong chances this time.

Still, I'd rather think optimistically about the situation than pessimistically. Sure I'll end up more disappointed about the outcome if a character I really wanted and think is very likely doesn't get in, but I'd rather not feel down and defeated about their prospects in the lead-up to the game, as that is a very long time to feel as such. I'd rather spend the wait to the latest SSB happy and confident.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey

99.9% chance this rumor is fake but I would totally be content with those newcomers. Not gonna believe it though.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman

If that's true all the Decidueye people will be shocked not a single pokemon made the cut. I guess Gen 8 for DLC.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Any outcome that adds Ashley and K. Rool are fine with me. That being said, I have a hunch that the leak is fake. I know he's a popular third-party talking point, but I just can't see Simon Belmont happening. Perhaps later down the line, but not right now, especially when Sakurai had Bomberman at his disposal, and chose to make him an Assist Trophy.

That being said, I think Ashley is one of/the safest character(s) to invest support into. I'm sure there are "more likely" candidates out there, but Ashley isn't as niche as people think.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
If that's true all the Decidueye people will be shocked not a single pokemon made the cut. I guess Gen 8 for DLC.
Eh...Pokémon's got 9 now! Spread the Wealth! Give Wario a second rep!

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
With so many colorful characters, it really is a crime for Warioware to have only one rep.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Eh...Pokémon's got 9 now! Spread the Wealth! Give Wario a second rep!
You know, as long as Ashley and K. Rool get in, I can't say I'll have much of an opinion on the other newcomers. All I need are those two and this roster will truly be ultimate, in my personal opinion. Anything else - even if they're all Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters - would be icing on the already-perfect cake.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
What are your thoughts on Ashley getting her hand lightning Zappy attack from her minigame in Game and wario?

Top Bottom