• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Off topic but, Splatoon Ashley is awfully cute.
Yeah, Splatoon Ashley is pretty awesome. It's also the first Badge that I saw online before realizing what the Badge Arcade was. I never got it for myself, but I did get all the little Ashley menu buttons, which are just too darn cute.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure this thread had 3 pages by the time E3 rolled around. Amazing how much support she gained after she survived the first wave of assist trophy death.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I'm pretty sure this thread had 3 pages by the time E3 rolled around. Amazing how much support she gained after she survived the first wave of assist trophy death.
Personally when I watched the direct and never saw her assist, It sparked my cold dead heart to life. I kept expectations low as I watched footage and videos of confirmed assist trophies. Then I checked every screenshot on the official website to see if I caught a glimpse of something to deconfirm her. But nothing.. and so I allowed the hope and hype to take me. Haha. Smash speculation time is really like no other.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Just came to throw in my support for Ashley. Been a fan ever since I heard her theme in Brawl. Then got more into WarioWare games later. Robin needs a magic buddy!

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Just came to throw in my support for Ashley. Been a fan ever since I heard her theme in Brawl. Then got more into WarioWare games later. Robin needs a magic buddy!
They must read a magic tome together, or the Mural will never be complete!!

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
There's going to be a second onslaught of AT when the Smash Direct comes around weeks prior to Smash. Also when the blog starts revealing new AT's on an occasional basis it's going to be slow and painful. But we'll celebrate every new AT that isn't Ashley!

Last edited:

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
There's going to be a second onslaught of AT when the Smash Direct comes around weeks prior to Smash. Also when the blog starts revealing new AT's on an occasional basis it's going to be slow and painful. But we'll celebrate every new AT that isn't Ashley!
I think they'll reveal Ashley before then so we can rest easy. Ashley's popular enough to create hype.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Yeah I agree, if shes in, I think we will see her sooner rather than later. They drop big bombs at e3. Sprinkle in medium hypers after for awhile and then some big stuff leading up to release. I doubt they'd save her till the end. Or maybe Thats just wishful thinking.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Seeing Assists that have had perfect attendance since Brawl such as Waluigi and Lyn makes me think Kat & Anna are as good as in too. On the day Kat and Anna are revealed the Ashley supporters will go crazy!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
This may have been brought up already but revealing Ashely as playable on Halloween would be super cool

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Seeing Assists that have had perfect attendance since Brawl such as Waluigi and Lyn makes me think Kat & Anna are as good as in too. On the day Kat and Anna are revealed the Ashley supporters will go crazy!
If they reveal an new WarioWare character as a new AT this thread will EXPLODE!!!

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I'm still convinced they held back some warioware stuff like Kat and ana, and gamer stage and a possibily new assist trophy, to make it less obvious Ashley is in. Imagine if she was the only wario thing missing.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
This may have been brought up already but revealing Ashely as playable on Halloween would be super cool
Yeah, I decided to get the special Ashley Halloween 3DS background along with the other 2 backgrounds Ashley has!

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Actually now that I think about it, is Holloween celebrated in Japan? I'm sure they know what it is but, do they consider it special enough to consider Ashley's reveal to fit the occasion?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Actually now that I think about it, is Holloween celebrated in Japan? I'm sure they know what it is but, do they consider it special enough to consider Ashley's reveal to fit the occasion?
I am pretty sure they celebrate Christmas, so I think they celebrate Halloween as well. Both for purely monetary reasons, but still.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Halloween is celebrated mostly by adults in Japan, though maybe not as popular as in the west its gotten popular. Trick or treating however, is not a thing there.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if they go door to door for candy but they dress up.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
So what your saying is they should dress Ashley up more? Supported. Lol.
That and More people should dress up as Ashley. If Ashley gets in Smash there will be Ashley cosplayers at all video game events until the end of time.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
That and More people should dress up as Ashley. If Ashley gets in Smash there will be Ashley cosplayers at all video game events until the end of time.
Ashley would be pretty easy to dress up as. I could see a lot of people doing it for that reason.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
If a group of people get together and plan on cosplaying I could see a cast of the WarioWare crew being a popular trend at events.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I really want to feel Ashley is hella likely, because I'm almost positive she is, for reasons people have mentioned ad nauseum since Ultimate's reveal, but at the same time I'm tempering my expectations hardcore so that I don't get disappointed.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really want to feel Ashley is hella likely, because I'm almost positive she is, for reasons people have mentioned ad nauseum since Ultimate's reveal, but at the same time I'm tempering my expectations hardcore so that I don't get disappointed.
Same
This is the best chance she's ever had though, and if Little Mac can can get promoted from AT to fighter why not Ashley?

(Sakurai PLEASE)

Last edited:

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet
eh...I've seen people who cosplay as Fox stick on an animal ear headband and put on make-up. It's do-able.
One time I dressed up as a Russian circus bear for Halloween and put on a fur suit. It gets hot in there real quick, fortunately it was a cold Halloween that year. It gets really hard to see and walk around let alone ride on a unicycle. Believe me I tried. I got a couple of bumps and bruises that day had to pick up my candy too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
One time I dressed up as a Russian circus bear for Halloween and put on a fur suit. It gets hot in there real quick, fortunately it was a cold Halloween that year. It gets really hard to see and walk around let alone ride on a unicycle. Believe me I tried. I got a couple of bumps and bruises that day had to pick up my candy too.
You're a bloody legend, mate

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Nah just let it out man! You gotta channel that Ashley energy! Sakurai can feel it! even if you're half-way around the world!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
The Mii costume, the missing AT when other popular characters like Waluigi and Bomberman were disconfirmed, a new WarioWare game on the way, Nintendo promoting Ashley more.

I would be really surprised if she wasn’t playable.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
The Mii costume, the missing AT when other popular characters like Waluigi and Bomberman were disconfirmed, a new WarioWare game on the way, Nintendo promoting Ashley more.

I would be really surprised if she wasn’t playable.
Yeah It certainly looks good when Sakurai Acknowledges her increasing popularity.

Top Bottom