• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Which of the past WarioWare games had the microgames you liked the most?
I was a big fan of DIY. I loved making microgames about the characters in Smash Bros. Sadly my DS is busted and I can no longer play it. Tried emulation, but apparently the game crashes on them.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Warioware: Smooth Moves is my favorite. That game takes the wackiness of the microgames and dials the absurdity up to 11. Touched is also good. Spent a lot of time with that one since I got that on my 3DS.
I'm excited for Gold especially with the new direction they've taken with the character design. Took a while to appreciate it since Game & Wario perfected the character design but I'm always willing to try something new.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
WarioWare Gold will tell us if Ashley has a big shot or not with a simple datamine. If someone looks into the game's compatible amiibo and there's an Ashley amiibo compatible, then there you go. I sincerely doubt they would bring out an amiibo series for WarioWare by itself.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
WarioWare Gold will tell us if Ashley has a big shot or not with a simple datamine. If someone looks into the game's compatible amiibo and there's an Ashley amiibo compatible, then there you go. I sincerely doubt they would bring out an amiibo series for WarioWare by itself.
Not to be a downer, but Ashley is popular enough that she could manage to nab an amiibo either ways.

That said, methinks we’re getting a Gold amiibo and a Smash amiibo.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Which of the past WarioWare games had the microgames you liked the most?
Smooth Moves remains my favorite WarioWare. I love that it's a standard WW game, but with party modes so that your friends can get in on the wackiness. If a sequel were to come to the Switch (with enhanced motion controls so that all the microgames actually work), then I would preorder that sucker ASAP.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
That or the data miners will find data for Ashley in Mario Tennis Aces for a later update :)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What if Crazy Galaxy becomes a reality for Ashley and she stars her new series? What symbol would represent said series?

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
What if Crazy Galaxy becomes a reality for Ashley and she stars her new series? What symbol would represent said series?
Put your tin foil hats on people! I got a conspiracy! Crazy Galaxy was actually a marketing stunt to examine the public's reaction. When Ashley goes big and makes it in Smash Crazy Galaxy will be green lit!

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman

Even though It was only and April fools prank Nintendo certainly hyped it up. I guess they wanted to make Ashley their own version of Hatsune Miku.

I'm guessing the girl on the far left with the wrench is Penny? To my knowledge the others were original characters.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman

Even though It was only and April fools prank Nintendo certainly hyped it up. I guess they wanted to make Ashley their own version of Hatsune Miku.

I'm guessing the girl on the far left with the wrench is Penny? To my knowledge the others were original characters.
A wrench, a megaphone, a Guitar, a lazer gun, and a frying pan? Probably has something to do with traveling the galaxy and doing random stuff. Maybe it would be some sort of multiplayer game and each of your friends are given a different role.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Idk if her own game would be Crazy Galaxy. I have the feeling that if they are 100% serious on wanting to make an Ashley game, they would not go for something that everyone already have seen for awhile now due to an April Fools joke.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
As interesting of a concept as Crazy Galaxy is, I don't know how I'd feel about the random development in Ashley's character. She went from a lone wolf witch girl with a secret desire to make friends to a spacefarring vocaloid teenager who has traded Red for a guitar and now has four friends. It's so ... random, haha.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman

It's a game about Ashley becoming a rockstar!!! Don't you see? They acquire a spaceship Penny repairs and does maintenance on the ship. Megaphone girl draws a crowd and barks orders. Chef girl cooks for the crew while they tour the galazy. And lazer girl does a special effects lazer light show while Ashley's rock'n out!

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
As interesting of a concept as Crazy Galaxy is, I don't know how I'd feel about the random development in Ashley's character. She went from a lone wolf witch girl with a secret desire to make friends to a spacefarring vocaloid teenager who has traded Red for a guitar and now has four friends. It's so ... random, haha.
Ashley taking a 180 degree turn with her personality probably was Part of the humor of it. If the Arcade Bunny is such an Ashley fan boy maybe it's a game supposedly he dreamed up.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I actually kind of like the difference. WarioWare and Crazy Galaxy could both take place in separate universes. One where Ashley's a gloomy loner witch and the other where Ashley's an intergalactic rockstar (Maybe even break the fourth wall and reference WW Ashley). It'll be like a metaphorical night and day difference.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I like the idea of Ashley getting a silly alternate universe game, but if they completly change her personality than Itd only be the same character in apearence alone, and Im not sure thatd be an entirely good thing.

Would be funnier if she was the straight man in a galaxy of weird stuff.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I kind of am wondering if Nintendo is straying away from dark and gloomy Ashley. There was a brief scene in the WarioWare Gold trailer were it seems Ashley is interacting with the player which would be breaking the fourth wall. Ashley's design in this game also resembles her Nintendo Badge arcade appearance. Ashley's badges in the arcade depicted a more light-hearted and happier Ashley. Maybe her personality will change slightly in the New WarioWare Gold.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I kind of am wondering if Nintendo is straying away from dark and gloomy Ashley. There was a brief scene in the WarioWare Gold trailer were it seems Ashley is interacting with the player which would be breaking the fourth wall. Ashley's design in this game also resembles her Nintendo Badge arcade appearance. Ashley's badges in the arcade depicted a more light-hearted and happier Ashley. Maybe her personality will change slightly in the New WarioWare Gold.
I think her design is also a bit different, if that is worth noting.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I haven't really played any of the WarioWare Games. I just know her from the Brawl theme song and Assist trophy. If her personality changes I wouldn't really know any better.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
In the background her Wardrobe is nailed shut. She's probably got a monster locked up in there.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Thank goodness shes got her red eyes back in gold.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Maybe her alternate costumes would switch between the Black and Red eyes?
That would be very cool, seems like an easy thing to do. I wonder which they would pick for the default, considering the assist had the black eyed design.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I hope they put in a Pajama Ashley palette swap in the mix to spice things up!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sign me up for Ashley Support!

I've wanted her in for years and after the mass genocide of 2018 I noticed a certain spooky girl wasn't present as an AT
It might be a shot in the dark but i'll stick by this witch until the day she's playable!
(Or gets confirmed as an assist...but let's not think about that ;))

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Thank goodness shes got her red eyes back in gold.
I like the Game & Wario design the most, though overall, I'm not picky about it. I just like the idea of her hair turning white and her eyes turning red when she casts a particularly powerful spell.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I like the Game & Wario design the most, though overall, I'm not picky about it. I just like the idea of her hair turning white and her eyes turning red when she casts a particularly powerful spell.
Honestly, black eyed Ashley is my favorite with the red for more powerful attacks.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Her hair better be white in her final smash!

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Her hair better be white in her final smash!
Absolutely. It's not an Ashley final smash without the floaty white hair.

Welcome to the Ashley board, by the way! I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're thrilled to have another among our ranks.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Absolutely. It's not an Ashley final smash without the floaty white hair.

Welcome to the Ashley board, by the way! I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're thrilled to have another among our ranks.
Thanks for having me! I hope all our speculating pays off this December!

(P.S I read all your posts in Strong Bad's voice, it's amazing)

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Thanks for having me! I hope all our speculating pays off this December!

(P.S I read all your posts in Strong Bad's voice, it's amazing)
Haha, if that's what gets everyone through the sbemail drought, then I'm glad I could help!

And yes, may we finally gain the option to play as Ashley in Smash Bros, come Christmastime. Literally the only newcomers I can think of (now that Ridley's in) that I want are Ashley and K. Rool, both of which seem pretty likely. This game will be nearly perfect with that roster, and that's not even taking side modes into account.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Off topic but, Splatoon Ashley is awfully cute.

Last edited:
Top Bottom