• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, besides all the other reasons why I don't believe the box theory, I don't think we're done with ballot characters. Sakurai said, and I quote, "I referred to the Smash Ballot when selecting characters this time." I can't imagine this referring to only King K. Rool, veterans, and a handful of echo fighters. I think we're getting at least one more unique newcomer based on the ballot.

Yeah, but nobody likes Incineroar, and The Pokémon Company flat out ignores him as well. Can we just get a heavily marketed Pokémon like Lycanroc? At least people would actually like his inclusion as opposed to hating it, being disappointed, or indifferent like people all seem to be with Incineroar.
Lots of people like Incineroar... myself included. Don't project your own dislike onto everyone else. Sakurai wouldn't know who is "heavily marketed" at the time of the design document anyway.

So I take it you are one of those that dont take any further credence in the verge leaks since the Isabelle reveal? I don't know what to think of him myself, since there is this:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76403748

That was like one his 1st LOL FAKE 'leaks' like 6 months ago. SO He's already been wrong about Zero and several other things before. So He's prolly still just an educated guesser, he's just more careful about things now that he got a few things right with all his recent guesses. Either that, or his 'sources' are just more credible now ??
I'm surprised no one ever brings up the absurdness of his early 'leak' posts anymore though..

I know you would be devastated if Incineroar made it in over Sceptile, but you should understand the wrestling cat has it's fans as well~
Honestly im torn, it's hard trying to support everyone :|
Verge has a history of reporting basically everything his sources tell him. Even here he said he doesn't necessarily believe it, but shared it anyway. He shared to loz18 in a private PM that he was told there were no Donkey Kong newcomers, despite personally not believing it.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
So I take it you are one of those that dont take any further credence in the verge leaks since the Isabelle reveal? I don't know what to think of him myself, since there is this:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76403748

That was like one his 1st LOL FAKE 'leaks' like 6 months ago. SO He's already been wrong about Zero and several other things before. So He's prolly still just an educated guesser, he's just more careful about things now that he got a few things right with all his recent guesses. Either that, or his 'sources' are just more credible now ??
I'm surprised no one ever brings up the absurdness of his early 'leak' posts anymore though..

I know you would be devastated if Incineroar made it in over Sceptile, but you should understand the wrestling cat has it's fans as well~
Honestly im torn, it's hard trying to support everyone :|
Clearly not that much. 95% of people I see on the internet say he would be kind of bland and disappointing to see over all the other options. Sure he has some fans, but most just blindly follow because Vergeben said so. Also, thanks for pointing out that people are completely forgetting about false past leaks that he’s made. People have started to believe that he is almost 100% correct about everything, without even thinking that there WILL be another smash direct, and I don’t see any less than 4 more newcomers during it. My point from earlier was to say that the Pokemon company has plans on what to with each pokemon before releasing games, and so other than Vergeben, there’s zero evidence shown that would point to Incineroar over the obviously higher requested Decidueye who we would get, if we did get another starter and it was gen 7.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
StormC StormC
Isabelle likely had no showing on the ballot if that 2015 consolidation poll is to be believed, and Incineroar couldn't be on it either. As I recall neither Ritcher or Dark Samus was present on it either; no where to be seen... And there were 7 other characters that Ashley scored higher than them on that chart, but they still made it in as playable over her :c
Again this all depends on how much credence you take into that google document, but i think it somewhat proves popularity among the hardcore fans isn't everything Sakurai is looking at when it comes to including whichever characters into Smash... Other facets beyond our speculation must come into play somewhere.

However I do agree with you we are going to get another big contender from the ballot for this game in the base roster. I think Geno, Isaac, or Banjo Kazooie could be likely. Maybe even Shantae? And there's Bandana Dee of course. So those are the BIG 5
Either way, we are definitely getting more than just another Pokemon and an echo before the base roster is done with. :)

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
However I do agree with you we are going to get another big contender from the ballot for this game in the base roster. I think Geno, Isaac, or Banjo Kazooie could be likely. Maybe even Shantae? And there's Bandana Dee of course. So those are the BIG 5
Either way, we are definitely getting more than just another Pokemon and an echo before the base roster is done with. :)
Take Isaac off that due to not being anywhere in smash 4, and replace him with Dixie Kong (There is NO world where Metroid gets more playable reps than DK!), then you have a solid estimate on the true big 5.

StormC

Smash Hero
My point from earlier was to say that the Pokemon company has plans on what to with each pokemon before releasing games, and so other than Vergeben, there’s zero evidence shown that would point to Incineroar over the obviously higher requested Decidueye who we would get, if we did get another starter and it was gen 7.
Requests wouldn't matter with Pokemon. The roster was already decided on before Pokemon Sun/Moon came out. They did the same thing with Greninja.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Requests wouldn't matter with Pokemon. The roster was already decided on before Pokemon Sun/Moon came out. They did the same thing with Greninja.
Yeah, and he was the favored starter design. I know requests wouldn’t matter, but look at how much marketing each one got in comparison to each other: Decidueye made it in to the incredibly small pokken roster, and Lycanroc is the clear star of the anime this time around. Notice Incineroar hasn’t received any additional marketing like the other two speculated gen 7 newcomers? Why do you think they got more marketing? And Sakurai gets what he wants in terms of newcomers. All the Pokémon newcomers so far have brought something unique to the table (though Pichu isn’t technically unique, he is the only fighter that has a self damaging mechanic, which counts for a lot), and what do you see Sakurai taking? A wrestler that would play like a combination of K. Rool and Bowser, a ghost owl with a promising move pool, or literally the second quadrupedal on the roster (only other one being Ivysaur, and he is literally the most unique character on that roster). I’d like to see Sakurai go with the least unique, because he never goes for the less unique fighters unless there’s too many time constraints for a better option. Don’t think for a second Incineroar has already won, because so much points to the other two in terms of Sakurai’s design philosophy and Pokémon Company marketing.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, and he was the favored starter design. I know requests wouldn’t matter, but look at how much marketing each one got in comparison to each other: Decidueye made it in to the incredibly small pokken roster, and Lycanroc is the clear star of the anime this time around. Notice Incineroar hasn’t received any additional marketing like the other two speculated gen 7 newcomers? Why do you think they got more marketing? And Sakurai gets what he wants in terms of newcomers. All the Pokémon newcomers so far have brought something unique to the table (though Pichu isn’t technically unique, he is the only fighter that has a self damaging mechanic, which counts for a lot), and what do you see Sakurai taking? A wrestler that would play like a combination of K. Rool and Bowser, a ghost owl with a promising move pool, or literally the second quadrupedal on the roster (only other one being Ivysaur, and he is literally the most unique character on that roster). I’d like to see Sakurai go with the least unique, because he never goes for the less unique fighters unless there’s too many time constraints for a better option. Don’t think for a second Incineroar has already won, because so much points to the other two in terms of Sakurai’s design philosophy and Pokémon Company marketing.
Incineroar literally has Ash and Pikachu in his concept art. They obviously have marketing plans for him.

I'm supporter of both Decidueye and Incineroar (shocking, I know), and you could really make an argument either way. Incineroar has just as much moveset potential as Decidueye, and you could say Decidueye got into Pokken because they didn't want overlap with Incineroar in Smash. There's no way to know.

But I have no reason to believe Verge has just gotten lucky guesses up to this point.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
But I have no reason to believe Verge has just gotten lucky guesses up to this point.
Sure you do. Just think how obvious Ridley and K. Rool were. They were like the first two characters I thought would be in this game (literally as soon as I saw the title I knew that we’d get more from DK, and I always assumed Sakurai would find a way around the ‘x character is too big’ argument that he kinda made himself. Also it wasn’t hard to assume we wouldn’t be getting any cuts, the only exception being Cloud. Simon, as random as he may be, wasn’t too much of an out there choice when you think about it, considering Sakurai managed to get Snake back and therefore would’ve wasted an opportunity not to go for more, and with Bomberman deconfirmed, Simon was the next most obvious choice from Konami. He also never said anything about the echoes or K. Rool, nor did he specify that Isabelle would be unique. Another thing that raised red flags was that he never said any cut characters outside of Ice Climbers, and saying Minecraft will appear in some form is the blandest statement that anyone could make. All they would need is a trophy for this to be correct. And going as far as to hold off on who he thinks the pokemon newcomer is just to get a lot of speculation going around his leaks... that’s an attention whoring move if I’ve ever seen one. And he still refuses to say who specifically the Square rep is, even though we all know Geno is the only one who stands a chance... real suspicious if you ask me. And he has pretty much come out saying there’s only two characters left for the base roster, which is a VERY bold statement.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Sure you do. Just think how obvious Ridley and K. Rool were. They were like the first two characters I thought would be in this game (literally as soon as I saw the title I knew that we’d get more from DK, and I always assumed Sakurai would find a way around the ‘x character is too big’ argument that he kinda made himself. Also it wasn’t hard to assume we wouldn’t be getting any cuts, the only exception being Cloud. Simon, as random as he may be, wasn’t too much of an out there choice when you think about it, considering Sakurai managed to get Snake back and therefore would’ve wasted an opportunity not to go for more, and with Bomberman deconfirmed, Simon was the next most obvious choice from Konami. He also never said anything about the echoes or K. Rool, nor did he specify that Isabelle would be unique. Another thing that raised red flags was that he never said any cut characters outside of Ice Climbers, and saying Minecraft will appear in some form is the blandest statement that anyone could make. All they would need is a trophy for this to be correct. And going as far as to hold off on who he thinks the pokemon newcomer is just to get a lot of speculation going around his leaks... that’s an attention whoring move if I’ve ever seen one. And he still refuses to say who specifically the Square rep is, even though we all know Geno is the only one who stands a chance... real suspicious if you ask me. And he has pretty much come out saying there’s only two characters left for the base roster, which is a VERY bold statement.
He's just going off what he knows. If he wasn't sure that the other characters were coming back, he wouldn't say so. Sure he's not 100% on the nose or has all the info of the game, but official statements he's made have in fact turned out to be true.

Even if we get a trophy, I would've never thought we'd get that out of Microsoft.

The new square rep could be another FF character, a dragon quest character, a bravely default character. I don't think it's in our best interest to assume it's Geno.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
The new square rep could be another FF character, a dragon quest character, a bravely default character. I don't think it's in our best interest to assume it's Geno.
Geno is the only square rep that Sakurai has flat out stated he wanted in smash. I think it’s safe to assume that’s who he would pick as such.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ridley, Simon, and Snake were not easy guesses by any means before E3. Just look at the RTC thread. Very few people predicted, any, let alone all, of these characters. Simon relied on getting Konami back in the game which was very uncertain with how they have acted since the Kojima fallout.

Every character Verge has said would be in the game has been in so far. He also said Mimikyu would not be playable. Again, not an easy guess.

What if the Square character isn't Geno? I think it's Geno, but what if it isn't? Would you believe Verge then?

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Clearly not that much. 95% of people I see on the internet say he would be kind of bland and disappointing to see over all the other options. Sure he has some fans, but most just blindly follow because Vergeben said so. Also, thanks for pointing out that people are completely forgetting about false past leaks that he’s made. People have started to believe that he is almost 100% correct about everything, without even thinking that there WILL be another smash direct, and I don’t see any less than 4 more newcomers during it. My point from earlier was to say that the Pokemon company has plans on what to with each pokemon before releasing games, and so other than Vergeben, there’s zero evidence shown that would point to Incineroar over the obviously higher requested Decidueye who we would get, if we did get another starter and it was gen 7.
You're trying to argue that Incineroar's fandom is just riding him being likely while defending Decidueye? Poor bird's biggest base of support was "Grass Stater" that Ivysaur trampled on and suddenly his fanbase died off. Decidueye is also officially less popular than Incineroar in Japan. Mimikyu, Primarina, Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Raichu, Lycanroc, and Rowlet also beat the bird just to list a few more. You are of course free to not like Incineroar, but you are making pretty faulty claims trying to attack Incineroar and it's fan base.

Lycanroc also suffers issues of using items. Duck Hunt had the duck to cover that flaw. It's one thing that still holds me back on supporting it since it'd be dumb looking for Lycanroc to have the guns taped to it's sides or clogging it's mouth.

The funniest end to it would be if Golisopod and Guzma made it in as a rival to Pokemon Trainer or Pikachu.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
He also said Mimikyu would not be playable. Again, not an easy guess.
That was a very ridiculously easy guess. In fact, even I guessed it just before the direct revealing him happened. He just didn’t seem enough like he would work anyway.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
Of the known 2019 games I would only consider Pokemon, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing and maybe Luigi's Mansion to be E ticket attractions. The other games on that list are not of the same scope. I think WarioWare could easily fit into 2019, seeing as it's another smaller scale game. 2020 is more likely, but we didn't know about WarioWare Gold until March 2018.
I think Three Houses and Yoshi's Crafted World will sell better. Yoshi's Wooly World sold over 1 million on the Wii U of all things and Three Houses will get a spike due to Heroes so I expect it to sell at least 3 million. It's hard to say how Prime 4 will turn out until we see more of it.
You know guys... I've been thinking... with all this speculation about only one unique character being left to reveal... if that were to be true, the sting of not having a playable Ashley would hurt quite a lot less. Because it would mean that only a tiny fraction of characters ever stood a chance.

Sure, it would suck if a vast majority of the community wouldn't get their most wanted(s), but at least I would feel at peace knowing that the chance wasn't even there to begin with and the same applied to pretty much all other characters. Know what I am saying? I know it might sound harsh or contradictory but if that's the way things are I guess I can make peace with it.
While we got the character most saw as a lock in Inkling, A long time request in Ridley, the next retro and modern 3rd party newcomer in line with Simon, a character that got in due to fan support in K Rool and a character who become popular quickly in Isabelle.
Yeah, but nobody likes Incineroar, and The Pokémon Company flat out ignores him as well. Can we just get a heavily marketed Pokémon like Lycanroc? At least people would actually like his inclusion as opposed to hating it, being disappointed, or indifferent like people all seem to be with Incineroar.
Explain the people using him in VGC then? Incineroar was also one of the Pokemon the rival in movie 20 used and he's the Masked Royal's main Pokemon in the Anime so the Pokemon Company does not flat out ignore him and it can be put to rest if Ash gets one soon.
While the issue with that is that Incineroar is more popular in Japan while Decidueye is more popular in the West and Ash's Rowlet not being on track to evolve likely means they don't have any more big plans for Decidueye even if I would like to see him playable.
StormC StormC
Isabelle likely had no showing on the ballot if that 2015 consolidation poll is to be believed, and Incineroar couldn't be on it either. As I recall neither Ritcher or Dark Samus was present on it either; no where to be seen... And there were 7 other characters that Ashley scored higher than them on that chart, but they still made it in as playable over her :c
Again this all depends on how much credence you take into that google document, but i think it somewhat proves popularity among the hardcore fans isn't everything Sakurai is looking at when it comes to including whichever characters into Smash... Other facets beyond our speculation must come into play somewhere.

Sakurai said Dark Samus was popular in the West so not all the data was put onto the Google Doc and Ritcher is popular over in Japan. I see there being 1 more unique newcomer and 2 echoes after factoring in Incineroar, Ken and the SE character for 80 characters in all.
How would Incineroar play anything like K Rool outside of maybe a few Smash attacks? The only moves that would be like Bowser I can think of are the grabs and Flamethrower. It's like saying Charizard and Ridley's fire attack are the same as the one Bowser uses. They could just give Incineroar Fire Fang if they want the move to be that different.
He's just going off what he knows. If he wasn't sure that the other characters were coming back, he wouldn't say so. Sure he's not 100% on the nose or has all the info of the game, but official statements he's made have in fact turned out to be true.

Even if we get a trophy, I would've never thought we'd get that out of Microsoft.

The reason I have my doubts about Geno is Square Enix can't gain any sales from it unless there making a Super Mario RPG 2 for Switch that has Geno in it. Another FF character could happen with all of the upcoming re-releases coming to the Switch next year and putting a Dragon Quest character in Smash would be the way to get the series more popular in the West.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm almost positive that Box theory is bunk. The pacing of reveals makes no sense for it to be true. Sakurai's, in general, a crowdpleaser. He goes above and beyond what people expect and I don't think this game is any different even when he has already tempered our expectations.

Needless to say, I think we're in for a wild ass ride these next couple months

The reason I have my doubts about Geno is Square Enix can't gain any sales from it unless there making a Super Mario RPG 2 for Switch that has Geno in it. Another FF could happen with all of the upcoming re-releases coming to the Switch next year and putting a Dragon Quest character in Smash would be the way to get the series more popular in the West.
If LeakyPandy teasing at a DQ character being revealed at the VGAs is true, than I'm positive Geno is in, as much as it pains me to say it. But I suppose we'll find out in December.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Explain the people using him in VGC then? Incineroar was also one of the Pokemon the rival in movie 20 used and he's the Masked Royal's main Pokemon in the Anime so the Pokemon Company does not flat out ignore him and it can be put to rest if Ash gets one soon.
So Incineroar gets one movie and people automatically ignore the role Lycanroc has in the anime? Also being a side Pokémon owned by Kukui doesn’t really give you any precedence over the Pokémon Ash has because he is the main character, therefore a large percent of the heavily marketed Pokémon end up on his team. Until I see him having an Incineroar and it getting the most screen time, my point still stands.
How would Incineroar play anything like K Rool outside of maybe a few Smash attacks? The only moves that would be like Bowser I can think of are the grabs and Flamethrower. It's like saying Charizard and Ridley's fire attack are the same as the one Bowser uses. They could just give Incineroar Fire Fang if they want the move to be that different.
Also, I’m talking about his aerial game combined with ground and grabs. He literally would play like the two mixed together in the air, and on the ground, barring one or two moves of his own. Do people really want that as a Pokémon in smash? They are about to be very disappointed by a bland playstyle (This is all coming from a guy that chose Litten in both Moon and Ultra Sun), so no, this isn’t exclusively bias, as I’ve used him in his home game, so I know how boring the move pool is compared to other starters like Swampert or Typhlosion (both of which I’ve used as well). Also does anyone else notice that with the fact Incineroar learns just as much fighting moves as dark, he is just a fire/fighting starter with a fresh coat of paint?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, don't feed the troll.

This is supposed to be the Ashley thread, not the "let's bash on Incineroar for completely stupid reasons just because I hate it" thread.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
While we got the character most saw as a lock in Inkling, A long time request in Ridley, the next retro and modern 3rd party newcomer in line with Simon, a character that got in due to fan support in K Rool and a character who become popular quickly in Isabelle
"We"?

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Take Isaac off that due to not being anywhere in smash 4, and replace him with Dixie Kong (There is NO world where Metroid gets more playable reps than DK!), then you have a solid estimate on the true big 5.
Oh yes of course Dixie Kong~<3 I support her 100% my name should be on the support list on her thread somewhere~
I was just going for 5 big characters all from different IP's for the sake of variety. Again, the amount support for these characters isn't anything to scoff at, Isaac included.

Right, he can't be a 100% sure of anything. whether they just be educated guesses from the knowledge he currently has or if they really are directly coming from inside sources, it's all still up in the air either way!

News now has Steve being more than just a trophy... he could be playable! D:

I do hope against hope it's Geno though... for my sanity it's in my best interest HAHAHA
Every character Verge has said would be in the game has been in so far.
C'mon now... that's not entirely true! Verge doesn't hide his comment history on gamefaqs, you can find his profile page there and look a little more into his history to find out for yourself he has also been wrong about a few things. He's not some all knowing God; just a dude trying his best, i guess- to guess! ;) (guess correctly)
Sakurai said Dark Samus was popular in the West so not all the data was put onto the Google Doc and Ritcher is popular over in Japan. I see there being 1 more unique newcomer and 2 echoes after factoring in Incineroar, Ken and the SE character for 80 characters in all.
Sakurai has also pretty much outright said that Bayonetta "won" the ballot, which has I gather is not true. He has said things like "Ridley is too big" but also "Size doesn't matter in Smash!" Sakurai is only human, sometimes he says things that are contradictory from the truth at the time. He can't be expected to know everything all the time at every time.. I can't hate him for his mistakes.. but let's not go fully off of Sakurai's words and his words alone for everything, especially since they tend to change; anyone can make a claim such as those.

I can not down play that those characters have a certain following though. No character is completely ignored by the fandom; every character has at least a few fans out there, no one is alone :)
And of course the Google Doc I mentioned is not a 100% accurate. I believe I stated that before.. It merely serves as a reflection of the actual results at the time, and a limited one at that. But it is the largest amount of evidence gathered so far that the community has known of. I wish we had more accurate results myself. I hope in the future Nintendo releases the full scale of the ballot results in FULL i dont see the harm in that. It would actually lay to rest a lot of myths, i can see a few reasons why the big N hasn't tho.. their rep is on the line with it. too many questions might be raised towards them but hey that's the name of the game~
Guys, don't feed the troll.

This is supposed to be the Ashley thread, not the "let's bash on Incineroar for completely stupid reasons just because I hate it" thread.
I wouldn't go as far to call him a troll. DeltaSceptile is normally very civil, he is just passionate about Sceptile is all.
Let's say Verge "confirmed" it was going to be Decidueye or Lyanroc in the game instead of Incineroar. You would be behaving in similar way to Delta about now. You would still be arguing for his inclusion, against whatever a leaker (who doesn't have 100% fail proof record btw) has to say, no matter how currently prominent they are in the community. You would say that Incineroar still has hope wouldn't you?
I think that's all he's really trying to convey..

And kudos on the last part; i agree. maybe some of Delta's comments crossed the line a little, but i think it is becuz as of right now at least, he maybe sees every other Pokemon besides Sceptile as a competitor in the race for the next Pokemon slot. So I understand his actions; I'm sure he means nothing personal against anyone~ Embarrass
yesh, we da peeples :lick::p

StormC

Smash Hero
FooltheFlames FooltheFlames which characters has Verge claimed that weren’t in yet, besides the Square character and Incineroar? Sometimes he gets bunk info but he’s been mostly consistent on this game. He’ll get a bad leak or source but then dump it when he realizes it isn’t true, like “no DK Rep.” Which characters has he claimed to be in for more than a week or so that is false?

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
FooltheFlames FooltheFlames which characters has Verge claimed that weren’t in yet, besides the Square character and Incineroar? Sometimes he gets bunk info but he’s been mostly consistent on this game. He’ll get a bad leak or source but then dump it when he realizes it isn’t true, like “no DK Rep.” Which characters has he claimed to be in for more than a week or so that is false?
Well I just posted this at the end the end of the last page:

I'm surprised you missed it! :surprised:
Granted, he made the disclaimer that he wasn't entirely sure about this information, as he does with everything he usually posts anyways. But lately he has been more confident about his proclamations. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt him. I do hope he is right about the Square-Enix character.

I have a steady gamefaqs profile myself, and i do follow him directly~ i dont want to take anything he says out of context

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Well I just posted this at the end the end of the last page:

I'm surprised you missed it! :surprised:
Granted, he made the disclaimer that he wasn't entirely sure about this information, as he does with everything he usually posts anyways. But lately he has been more confident about his proclamations. I hope that doesn't come back to haunt him. I do hope he is right about the Square-Enix character.

I have a steady gamefaqs profile myself, and i do follow him directly~ i dont want to take anything he says out of context
This was part of a completely different chain of info than the one he doubled down on for months, Ice Climbers/Ridley/Snake/Simon. He discarded this entirely. And if one thinks the last 3 were safe, easy guesses before E3, I have a horse to sell them.

Last edited:

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost positive that Box theory is bunk. The pacing of reveals makes no sense for it to be true. Sakurai's, in general, a crowdpleaser. He goes above and beyond what people expect and I don't think this game is any different even when he has already tempered our expectations.

Needless to say, I think we're in for a wild *** ride these next couple months

If LeakyPandy teasing at a DQ character being revealed at the VGAs is true, than I'm positive Geno is in, as much as it pains me to say it. But I suppose we'll find out in December.
I'm still waiting on the Switch version of Ever Oasis he leaked back in March. Sometimes LeakyPandy just tosses in his own thoughts and hopes they end up being true.
Oh yes of course Dixie Kong~<3 I support her 100% my name should be on the support list on her thread somewhere~
I was just going for 5 big characters all from different IP's for the sake of variety. Again, the amount support for these characters isn't anything to scoff at, Isaac included.

Right, he can't be a 100% sure of anything. whether they just be educated guesses from the knowledge he currently has or if they really are directly coming from inside sources, it's all still up in the air either way!

News now has Steve being more than just a trophy... he could be playable! D:

I do hope against hope it's Geno though... for my sanity it's in my best interest HAHAHA

C'mon now... that's not entirely true! Verge doesn't hide his comment history on gamefaqs, you can find his profile page there and look a little more into his history to find out for yourself he has also been wrong about a few things. He's not some all knowing God; just a dude trying his best, i guess- to guess! ;) (guess correctly)

Sakurai has also pretty much outright said that Bayonetta "won" the ballot, which has I gather is not true. He has said things like "Ridley is too big" but also "Size doesn't matter in Smash!" Sakurai is only human, sometimes he says things that are contradictory from the truth at the time. He can't be expected to know everything all the time at every time.. I can't hate him for his mistakes.. but let's not go fully off of Sakurai's words and his words alone for everything, especially since they tend to change; anyone can make a claim such as those.

I can not down play that those characters have a certain following though. No character is completely ignored by the fandom; every character has at least a few fans out there, no one is alone :)
And of course the Google Doc I mentioned is not a 100% accurate. I believe I stated that before.. It merely serves as a reflection of the actual results at the time, and a limited one at that. But it is the largest amount of evidence gathered so far that the community has known of. I wish we had more accurate results myself. I hope in the future Nintendo releases the full scale of the ballot results in FULL i dont see the harm in that. It would actually lay to rest a lot of myths, i can see a few reasons why the big N hasn't tho.. their rep is on the line with it. too many questions might be raised towards them but hey that's the name of the game~

I wouldn't go as far to call him a troll. DeltaSceptile is normally very civil, he is just passionate about Sceptile is all.
Let's say Verge "confirmed" it was going to be Decidueye or Lyanroc in the game instead of Incineroar. You would be behaving in similar way to Delta about now. You would still be arguing for his inclusion, against whatever a leaker (who doesn't have 100% fail proof record btw) has to say, no matter how currently prominent they are in the community. You would say that Incineroar still has hope wouldn't you?

And kudos on the last part; i agree. maybe some of Delta's comments crossed the line a little, but i think it is becuz as of right now at least, he maybe sees every other Pokemon besides Sceptile as a competitor in the race for the next Pokemon slot. So I understand his actions; I'm sure he means nothing personal against anyone~ Embarrass

yesh, we da peeples :lick::p
I think we all overreact a bit once we find out are most wanted won't be playable. Ashley, Captain Toad, Bomberman, Takamaru and Sheriff are characters I would have loved to see playable. Also things are not looking good for Elma, Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, a grass starter and Isaac. On the bright side I'm glad Inkling and Isabelle made it in and so many are getting there most wanted this time around.

Does anyone think there will be a new remix of Ashley's song or any WarioWare Gold trophies? I have my doubts about the trophies and I feel like the remix will be saved until Ashley becomes a playable character.

D

Deleted member

I would just give up completely at that point and fall into despair, honestly.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
You see? Everyone likes different Pokémon, and people (myself included) would’ve been completely civil if Verge kept his attention ***** of a mouth shut. I feel I’ve been through this enough, but just in case: never trust Vergeben, he isn’t a very reliable source, and while he can claim to not have believed his “sources” after info ends up being wrong, it just shows you how much of a try-hard attention ***** he is, blaming sources that probably don’t actually exist for every little thing that’s wrong so that he never ends up being wrong and people continue to take his word as gospel.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
This was part of a completely different chain of info than the one he doubled down on for months, Ice Climbers/Ridley/Snake/Simon. He discarded this entirely. And if one thinks the last 3 were safe, easy guesses before E3, I have a horse to sell them.
Yes I will give you that one for sure, you are most correct. ^^
All I'm saying is Verge can only keep reporting to us the information he is given, and the information he gets doesn't always turn out to be right. Verge knows that himself, which is why he is always ready with a disclaimer. I suppose it's better to say it's that his sources don't have a perfect track record, thus, Verge himself does not have one. For all we know he could back pedal again on his recent leak here. I'm just trying to be level headed and skeptical about all this; I have to be.
I think we all overreact a bit once we find out are most wanted won't be playable. Ashley, Captain Toad, Bomberman, Takamaru and Sheriff are characters I would have loved to see playable. Also things are not looking good for Elma, Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, a grass starter and Isaac. On the bright side I'm glad Inkling and Isabelle made it in and so many are getting there most wanted this time around.

Does anyone think there will be a new remix of Ashley's song or any WarioWare Gold trophies? I have my doubts about the trophies and I feel like the remix will be saved until Ashley becomes a playable character.
mmm... yes indeed
I still have hope for Ashley and Bomberman DLC though. And I don't quite think Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, or Isaac are completely out of the picture. I'm glad I got Ridley ^^

I'm sure there will be regular WW trophies, maybe not Gold influenced but they will be there.
I could see a Diamond City stage showcasing all the other various WW characters showing up along with Ashley if/when she's revealed! (.^ ^.)
I would just give up completely at that point and fall into despair, honestly.
Awww... :(
I hope you don't take it too hard if the confirmation turns out not to be true just yet... Ashley's AT reveal hit me hard but as you see I haven't given up on her- there is always a chance for the future!!
It's not a do or die time yet for Incineroar I believe. People even now are vying for old 3rd gen picks like Gardevoir and Sceptile, with popularity of games like Pokken pushing them forward out of obscurity. Who knows what kind of Pokemon game we will get in the future? Great things could be in store for Incineroar, even outside of Smash!
You see? Everyone likes different Pokémon, and people (myself included) would’ve been completely civil if Verge kept his attention ***** of a mouth shut. I feel I’ve been through this enough, but just in case: never trust Vergeben, he isn’t a very reliable source, and while he can claim to not have believed his “sources” after info ends up being wrong, it just shows you how much of a try-hard attention ***** he is, blaming sources that probably don’t actually exist for every little thing that’s wrong so that he never ends up being wrong and people continue to take his word as gospel.
aye you might be being a little harsh with verge there lol
I certainly don't take his every little word as gospel, and I'm sure the more discerning individuals among us don't either. There's never going to be any proof either way of where he is really getting all this from in the end anyways. Whether they just be good guesses or from actual sources, so try not to let him ruin your good time if you can.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I don't mean any ill will towards Incineroar supporters, but I really hope the next Direct pulls a Robin and confirms another Pokemon over Incineroar. Vergeben getting totally blown back would be the best thing ever.

Klimax

Smash Ace
The guy leaked the name Ultimate, Ridley, return of every characters, Isabelle (and he never said that she was an echo) and Simon. And also Ken who's in the game. It seems like he's right. I don't know about other games, but when it comes to Smash, the guy said nothing wrong.
Also, I'm not a fan of leakers, some play with people's expectations like loz18. But Vergeben is actually cool, he took his time to confirm Incineroar and he still doesn't want to say the name of the Square Enix rep because he's not sure about it.

I don't see any reasons to not believe Vergeben about Smash Bros.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Okay Ashley fans, I'll bite again with the Pokemon discussion.

The Vergeben leak (unless I'm getting it wrong) said that the Pokemon newcomer would be "not Lycanroc and not Decidueye". He never specifically said "Hey everyone I'm putting mine or my friends' jobs at risk by going against confidentiality agreements to tell you that Incineroar will be the Pokemon. Love, Verggy".

So if we just have two Pokemon who are not going to be the newcomer, we have at least- what- 800 possibilities? That's not even counting the 100+ new Pokemon who would be announced with Generation VIII. So if you're just shouting out "INCINEROAR!" because you want to make a guess right, think again. If you're shouting out "INCINEROAR" because you actually like the character, go ahead and shout.
But on the Incineroar page. This is the page for Ashley, the girl next door living in the haunted mansion.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The guy leaked the name Ultimate, Ridley, return of every characters, Isabelle (and he never said that she was an echo) and Simon. And also Ken who's in the game. It seems like he's right. I don't know about other games, but when it comes to Smash, the guy said nothing wrong.
Also, I'm not a fan of leakers, some play with people's expectations like loz18. But Vergeben is actually cool, he took his time to confirm Incineroar and he still doesn't want to say the name of the Square Enix rep because he's not sure about it.

I don't see any reasons to not believe Vergeben about Smash Bros.
Vergeben never got the name of Ultimate nor everyone is here (Simply put, he said no cuts)

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
if you're just shouting out "INCINEROAR!" because you want to make a guess right, think again. If you're shouting out "INCINEROAR" because you actually like the character, go ahead and shout.
But on the Incineroar page. This is the page for Ashley, the girl next door living in the haunted mansion.
All too true! Let's shift the focus back on Ashley with a cool pic!

How would any of you here feel if we got this as our 1st DLC character package?
super_smash_bros__ultimate__newcomer_trio_wishlist_by_okumurakazuki-dcfdonp.png

I for one prefer Adeleine or Bandana Dee over Marx but this would blow my little mind ~ :psycho:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Vergeben never got the name of Ultimate nor everyone is here (Simply put, he said no cuts)
I guessed literally just as much right about this before e3 as him with just blind predictions while waiting for more on smash when the game was teased. I continued to tell myself that we would get Wolf, Snake, Ice Climbers, and PT back as they were all fan-favorites not included in smash 4 for some unknown reason. I also immediately thought K. Rool and Ridley even though Sakurai said Ridley was too big. I also rightly predicted before the 8.8 direct that mimikyu wouldn’t be playable, and unlike Verge, I actually had reasoning in mind (not enough potential). It’s not hard to tie Vergeben in correct predictions. The point is vague statements don’t do much for credibility. No, Incineroar isn’t the pokemon, this is too similar to Gematsu, and I’d be willing to bet money on it with so many more unique fighter options.

Last edited:

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 166001

I for one prefer Adeleine or Bandana Dee over Marx but this would blow my little mind ~ :psycho:
It would be a great DLC pick even if I would rather see Bandana Dee as the next Kirby Rep. If they do sell characters in packs I feel like Waluigi would come before Ashley unless there plan is to have a very popular character sell every pack.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi

View attachment 166001

Considering all three of those characters are in my signature and two of them are in my top 6, yes, I would love this.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
It would be a great DLC pick even if I would rather see Bandana Dee as the next Kirby Rep. If they do sell characters in packs I feel like Waluigi would come before Ashley unless there plan is to have a very popular character sell every pack.
I do think DLC in this game will come in waves of packs yes.
Prolly not like this though. Maybe one or two uniques at a time with an echo along side them.
Considering all three of those characters are in my signature and two of them are in my top 6, yes, I would love this.
(.^ ^.) *high fives you*
All I want is Ashley of these. I give zero ****s about Marx or Geno
But you would still buy it for Ashley right? ;)
I know I would!

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Okay Ashley fans, I'll bite again with the Pokemon discussion.

The Vergeben leak (unless I'm getting it wrong) said that the Pokemon newcomer would be "not Lycanroc and not Decidueye". He never specifically said "Hey everyone I'm putting mine or my friends' jobs at risk by going against confidentiality agreements to tell you that Incineroar will be the Pokemon. Love, Verggy".

So if we just have two Pokemon who are not going to be the newcomer, we have at least- what- 800 possibilities? That's not even counting the 100+ new Pokemon who would be announced with Generation VIII. So if you're just shouting out "INCINEROAR!" because you want to make a guess right, think again. If you're shouting out "INCINEROAR" because you actually like the character, go ahead and shout.
I think talking about the latest leaks is fine. For one it tells us what Ashley fans think of the possible roster picks now that she's no longer a part of it. And who and who doesn't get into the base roster gives us valuable insight on the criteria being used for who gets in and the potential competitors Ashley will have during DLC.

I think these leaks and the recent Isabelle reveal have been definitely game changing. I was all on board the big 5's chances (Shanty, Isaac, Geno, Skull Kid, Dee), but it's looking pretty likely that we'll be getting characters that no one was expecting even before that (Sora, Steve). This is complete dog ass for Ashley, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't pleased that Sakurai got these big names on board.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I am going to say now that if Isaac isn’t in the base roster, he won’t be dlc, as it will definitely show that Nintendo doesn’t want him in smash.

Top Bottom