• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I am going to say now that if Isaac isn’t in the base roster, he won’t be dlc, as it will definitely show that Nintendo doesn’t want him in smash.
This is why I'm hesitant to support other threads since I have to sign onto statements like this. Yes, it sucks for Isaac fans if that was the case but I want this to be true because the big 5 are massive hurdles for Ashley.

But I don't know if it will be the case. If there's another ballot, chances are Isaac will win. And I know it doesn't meam anything for his Smash inclusion, but Nintendo atleast wants Golden Sun in their cards if they decided to renew its patent and not Custom Robos.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I am going to say now that if Isaac isn’t in the base roster, he won’t be dlc, as it will definitely show that Nintendo doesn’t want him in smash.
If they are continuing the fan service route for DLC Isaac still has a very good chance. Just look at all the Isaac love in reply to Sakurai's Rathalos tweet. It isn't right to deny his chances if that's the case. If the unique circumstances of his trademark there is a possible new Golden Sun on it's way but even without it he still has a shot regardless if he doesn't turn up as an assist trophy

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
This is why I'm hesitant to support other threads since I have to sign onto statements like this. Yes, it sucks for Isaac fans if that was the case but I want this to be true because the big 5 are massive hurdles for Ashley.

But I don't know if will be the case. If there's another ballot, chances are Isaac will win.
I'm really hoping for Isaac in the base roster, not only because I like Golden Sun, and want the fans to be happy, but because any characters in the base game aren't competition for DLC. Ashley's got enough hurdles with the uncertainty of Assist Trophies, and all that.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

But I don't know if it will be the case. If there's another ballot, chances are Isaac will win. And I know it doesn't meam anything for his Smash inclusion, but Nintendo atleast wants Golden Sun in their cards if they decided to renew its patent and not Custom Robos.
Custom Robo's trademark was cancelled by the government due to no evidence of the trademark being used. Nintendo can Still renew it if they do something with the franchise

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
The reason I don't think he will be in as DLC is the fear Nintendo would have of him not selling while when it comes to the casual fanbase.
If they are continuing the fan service route for DLC Isaac still has a very good chance. Just look at all the Isaac love in reply to Sakurai's Rathalos tweet. It isn't right to deny his chances if that's the case. If the unique circumstances of his trademark there is a possible new Golden Sun on it's way but even without it he still has a shot regardless if he doesn't turn up as an assist trophy
While Camelot is such a small team at this point and there next game is surely Mario Golf Switch unless they make a Golden Sun 1 remake next and then then they add him as DLC to promote the remake. The worst outcome is them just using DLC to promote recent Switch games and adding in a ton of 3rd party characters again. The dream would be them adding in requested fan favorites, promoting assist trophies, adding in a few characters who missed the cut due to there games coming after the project plan and a few highly requested guest characters.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
The only 3rd parties who should fit in with the roster and aren’t already there are BK, Geno, Jeanne(Echo), and Crash (maybe Spyro as well). It would be impossible to add only third parties for dlc as they would run out of good picks pretty quickly.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
The only 3rd parties who should fit in with the roster and aren’t already there are BK, Geno, Jeanne(Echo), and Crash (maybe Spyro as well). It would be impossible to add only third parties for dlc as they would run out of good picks pretty quickly.
Yeah, I mostly agree. I mean there are plenty of third parties they could add, but there are plenty of nooks of Nintendo that haven't been explored or represented yet. And most of the third party characters I'd like to see would be retro choices.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Yeah, I mostly agree. I mean there are plenty of third parties they could add, but there are plenty of nooks of Nintendo that haven't been explored or represented yet. And most of the third party characters I'd like to see would be retro choices.
Do you feel like Ratchet & Clank could potentially work for smash 3rd parties? Their games aren’t overly violent, they have a cartoony pile of weapons for moveset potential, and it would be fun to just hit things with an omniwrench.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Do you feel like Ratchet & Clank could potentially work for smash 3rd parties? Their games aren’t overly violent, they have a cartoony pile of weapons for moveset potential, and it would be fun to just hit things with an omniwrench.
They could, but are Ratchet and Clank that relevant? I suppose they had a game in 2016, but they don't seem that iconic for me (and if we're getting a third party rep, especially a third party rep from Sony who is probably Nintendo's main competitor at this point, they have to be very iconic). For me the Sony characters that would make more sense would be either the Prince of All Cosmos, Sackboy, or someone from Silent Hill (Pyramidhead? He's not cartoony at all, but man oh man would he be a terrifying addition. And okay, a Silent Hill character is more a personal want than one that's actually likely).

My feelings with third party characters is that they need to either have an important role in Nintendo history (Simon Belmont, for example) or have an "icon" status in video game history (Like Sonic, who when he was added in Brawl didn't have too many Nintendo games out, I think). In adding any character we know the thoughts that go into it is about Relevance (this is where we look at a game's importance in the current revenue stream or- like with Ice Climbers, etc.- in Video Game/Nintendo history), Popularity (How much this character is wanted by fans, and how much hype this character would generate for the game), and Moveset (Would this character be unique and would they add an interesting mechanic in the game). With first party series (like Fire Emblem or Dr. Mario) it's okay if one or two of these categories are lacking, however with third party representation all of these categories have to be on point.

So, with the reduced roster of newcomers for the base game I don't think we're going to be getting any more third parties (Though I didn't think we'd get any third parties, and Simon Belmont lashed out). My personal theory with DLC is that we're going to have a lot of upgraded Assist Trophies/Pokeballs, opening up the chances for characters like Bomberman (a third party who- for me- certainly deserves a spot on the roster), Eevee (who is very important in Pokemon history and a great representative for an important Pokemon mechanic. Also who is one of my favorites), and of course Ashley (Who was popular before being deconfirmed, and has been steadily growing in popularity since).

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Eevee (who is very important in Pokemon history and a great representative for an important Pokemon mechanic
I’d rather get an Eeveelution (specifically Jolteon, Umbreon/Espeon, or Leafeon/Glaceon) because they are much better than Eevee and actually have a move pool that could be used for smash, while Eevee just feels weak and basic.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
I’d rather get an Eeveelution (specifically Jolteon, Umbreon/Espeon, or Leafeon/Glaceon) because they are much better than Eevee and actually have a move pool that could be used for smash, while Eevee just feels weak and basic.
But here's the thing: What if Eeveevolving is part of Eevee's moveset? That way we'd get all Eeveelutions! I'm thinking Eeveelution as being triggered either by Down B, like Zelda/Shiek before they were two different people, or through the Final Smash, like Samus and Zero Suit Samus before they were two different people.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
But here's the thing: What if Eeveevolving is part of Eevee's moveset? That way we'd get all Eeveelutions! I'm thinking Eeveelution as being triggered either by Down B, like Zelda/Shiek before they were two different people, or through the Final Smash, like Samus and Zero Suit Samus before they were two different people.
If that happened, I would hope there would be a way to select a specific one to switch between before the match so you wouldn’t have to cycle through or it be random.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Look closely here and you'll find Ashley in thumbnail of this video over on the left.

She appears at around 8:17 in the video. She's cute as heck in it and her exit later on is fukkin savage~

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Even though she was deconfirmed, I’ll still support her for future Smash games and her games were always favorites of mine to play in the Warioware series.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I don't mean any ill will towards Incineroar supporters, but I really hope the next Direct pulls a Robin and confirms another Pokemon over Incineroar. Vergeben getting totally blown back would be the best thing ever.
Agreed, screw Incineroar, most bland Pokemon of the gen VII, Decidueye is a much better pick than him.
Also, seeing both Vergeben and Incineroar fans getting utterly BTFO at the same time would be glorious

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Agreed, screw Incineroar, most bland Pokemon of the gen VIII, Decidueye is a much better pick than him.
Also, seeing both Vergeben and Incineroar fans getting utterly BTFO at the same time would be glorious
Actually Incineroar is from Gen 7, but that's just a minor nitpick. I really do hope Decidueye gets in over him though.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Speaking as someone who knows diddly-squat about Pokemon and cares even less, I hope the Pokemon newcomer is Decidueye, too. An archer bird sounds more interesting than a fire tiger.

D

Deleted member

Agreed, screw Incineroar, most bland Pokemon of the gen VII, Decidueye is a much better pick than him.
You know, I really hope you do drink that poison now like you said you would if Incineroar gets in. You are legitimately one of the worst people to ever be on these boards. And I've been here since pre-Smash 4 speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
You know, I really hope you do drink that poison now like you said you would if Incineroar gets in. You are legitimately one of the worst people to ever be on these boards. And I've been here since pre-Smash 4 speculation.
Your hatred is quenching my hunger.
Don't stop

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
=_='
Aye, guys, let's not turn this place into 4chan or something... can you please take it somewhere else? :nervous:
I was just playing with him, but he seems to have taken what i said about Incineroar to the heart so now he hates me.
More enemies, the merrier...

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I was just playing along with him, but he seems to have taken what i said about Incineroar to the heart so now he hates me.
More enemies, the merrier...
mmm.. I can see that now.
For the record, I support both Incineroar and Sceptile for Smash, and within the Pokemon games themselves the Ghost type has always been my favorite since mai boi Gengar~ So I'd be fine with Decidueye making it to Smash as well.

I'd just like to ask everyone as long as we're all here on the Ashley Thread, we should all try to get along. :ness:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Let's not let the flame die out, eh? How do we let it be heard we want Ashley for DLC before they start working on it?

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Let's not let the flame die out, eh? How do we let it be heard we want Ashley for DLC before they start working on it?
I'm sure it will be there for when DLC comes around. Speculation wont be as heavy like before Ultimate since well actually have the gane to play, but I think she'll be a notable contender just like before she was deconfirmed. I'm just hoping for something like SSF2 to add her in to ease the pain.

Btw fellas, here's the mix of her song from that game. Not my favorite cut but I think it shows how memorable that tune of hers is.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm sure it will be there for when DLC comes around. Speculation wont be as heavy like before Ultimate since well actually have the gane to play, but I think she'll be a notable contender just like before she was deconfirmed. I'm just hoping for something like SSF2 to add her in to ease the pain.

Btw fellas, here's the mix of her song from that game. Not my favorite cut but I think it shows how memorable that tune of hers is.

See, I don't want to count on the existence of and depend on a ballot, since the last one came in the middle of when 4's DLC was coming out, and was really for the Ultimate, not 4. I dunno about the rest of you guys but I don't really wanna wait another 4-6 years for another shot at Ashley speculation.

I was thinking more we try and somehow show Sakurai and the crew that she'd be wanted for DLC in this game ahead of time so they'd have time to consider her implementation. They're most likely paying attention, so we'd have to boost our support back up somehow.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Yeah, She's in another Smash Fan work too, I think it's crusade? Either way, her getting in Flash would be amazing. Is there anyway to suggest a character for it? lulz

See, I don't want to count on the existence of and depend on a ballot, since the last one came in the middle of when 4's DLC was coming out, and was really for the Ultimate, not 4. I dunno about the rest of you guys but I don't really wanna wait another 4-6 years for another shot at Ashley speculation.

I was thinking more we try and somehow show Sakurai and the crew that she'd be wanted for DLC in this game ahead of time so they'd have time to consider her implementation. They're most likely paying attention, so we'd have to boost our support back up somehow.
Fan works, specifically relating to Ashley in Smash and not just Ashley in general.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
Just keeping asking for her on Social Media in a respectful way. I think her getting into Super Mario Party or Mario Tennis Aces would drum up the requests with how some like asking for the whole Mario lineup in Smash.

This sounds like something Nintendo themselves made and a non lyrics version fits into Smash better.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I wouldn’t go as far to say Incineroar is the most bland of his series. I do think he is the biggest let down from evolution though. Seriously, Torracat should’ve evolved into some badass quadrupedal flaming tiger, not some boring wrestler. But seriously, there are some worse picks from that generation, Tsareena and Alolan Golem to name a few.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I wouldn’t go as far to say Incineroar is the most bland of his series. I do think he is the biggest let down from evolution though. Seriously, Torracat should’ve evolved into some badass quadrupedal flaming tiger, not some boring wrestler.
Problem is we already have two flaming, catlike quadrupeds. Entei and Pyroar.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Problem is we already have two flaming, catlike quadrupeds. Entei and Pyroar.
Yeah, but my point still stands that I was hoping for a badass quadruped tiger, not a lion like Pyroar, and Entei is literally part of the legendary dog trio. In no way is he related to a cat.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, but my point still stands that I was hoping for a badass quadruped tiger, not a lion like Pyroar, and Entei is literally part of the legendary dog trio. In no way is he related to a cat.
Expectations seem to be a chronic cause of distress for you. I would be wary of them in the future.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Expectations seem to be a chronic cause of distress for you. I would be wary of them in the future.
Is it wrong to have realistic expectations as to what should’ve happened with the evolution line based on how similar past final evolution starters were to their pre-evolved forms? But seriously this smash speculation period is getting kind of nerve wracking because Incineroar and Ken are the biggest letdowns in history (even bigger than Incineroar ending up like he did design-wise) if they are going to be the final characters in that roster.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
But seriously this smash speculation period is getting kind of nerve wracking because Incineroar and Ken are the biggest letdowns in history (even bigger than Incineroar ending up like he did design-wise) if they are going to be the final characters in that roster.
Echo fighters don't bother me much because they don't take as much time or effort to make.

As for Incineroar I'm more so expecting him than wanting him. I can tell Incineroar is going to come with an expiration date. I remember being excited for Greninja's reveal back when he was the flavor of the month but, looking at him now he didn't age too well. I'd consider it a pleasant surprise if we didn't get Incineroar.

Incineroar would probably have received better reception if he was revealed earlier. K. Rool and Ridley should have been revealed last. Unless Sakurai thinks he can top those two with his final character reveal.

I still think Ashley has a decent chance for DLC. I'm sure Ultimate will receive more support for DLC than Smash 4. While she was popular in Japan, Ashley didn't really get much support in the west until too late. With the amount of support Ashley has been given Sakurai might reconsider Ashley.

DLC are probably for characters Nintendo thinks will sell. Third party characters like Banjo & Kazooie will sell and Nintendo knows it. 1st party characters probably wont require as much of a potential to sell as they can be used to advertise their own games (Like Corrin). With the amount of demand for Waluigi I think Sakurai will change his mind. From there people will support Ashley with more optimism.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Is it wrong to have realistic expectations as to what should’ve happened with the evolution line based on how similar past final evolution starters were to their pre-evolved forms? But seriously this smash speculation period is getting kind of nerve wracking because Incineroar and Ken are the biggest letdowns in history (even bigger than Incineroar ending up like he did design-wise) if they are going to be the final characters in that roster.
It is when you let those expectations rule over your perception of the final results, refusing to see them on their own merits just because it's not how you pictured them.

Still, if it's "trends" you're pointing at, there hasn't been a single fully evolved fire starter that ends up quadrupedal, regardless of whether they start that way.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Still, if it's "trends" you're pointing at, there hasn't been a single fully evolved fire starter that ends up quadrupedal, regardless of whether they start that way.
I’m not saying they had to be quadrupedal, just that their evolution lines transitioned more smoothly between evolution.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I’m not saying they had to be quadrupedal, just that their evolution lines transitioned more smoothly between evolution.
You can see the beginning of the toned upper body in Torracat's larger front legs, as well as the "collar" that eventually becomes a belt.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Echo fighters don't bother me much because they don't take as much time or effort to make.

As for Incineroar I'm more so expecting him than wanting him. I can tell Incineroar is going to come with an expiration date. I remember being excited for Greninja's reveal back when he was the flavor of the month but, looking at him now he didn't age too well. I'd consider it a pleasant surprise if we didn't get Incineroar.

Incineroar would probably have received better reception if he was revealed earlier. K. Rool and Ridley should have been revealed last. Unless Sakurai thinks he can top those two with his final character reveal.

I still think Ashley has a decent chance for DLC. I'm sure Ultimate will receive more support for DLC than Smash 4. While she was popular in Japan, Ashley didn't really get much support in the west until too late. With the amount of support Ashley has been given Sakurai might reconsider Ashley.

DLC are probably for characters Nintendo thinks will sell. Third party characters like Banjo & Kazooie will sell and Nintendo knows it. 1st party characters probably wont require as much of a potential to sell as they can be used to advertise their own games (Like Corrin). With the amount of demand for Waluigi I think Sakurai will change his mind. From there people will support Ashley with more optimism.
If there’s something I dislike in Smash, it’s characters that don’t stand the test of time. I’m all for adding a character that then gains popularity due to being in Smash, but conversely, if you add one and they don’t get popular, even with the Smash boost, then you’ve ****ed up.

Top Bottom