• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Guys, what if the "Red Eyes" comment isn't just referring to Ashley's red eyes, but also to the name of a certain pet devil?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't think the red eyes thing means anything. I think Sakurai is aware that people notice his health and just commented on it. The comment on making sure the direct was good for Japanese time is far more curious.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
We have sent messages to Erica Lindbeck enquiring about her voicing for Ultimate to see if she was under NDA and got no response back.
I just outright asked her if she was Ashley's VA in Gold when it was released in Europe and got no response back.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think red eyes means nothing from sakurai I think he literally has red eyes

But I will say this I think logically we will end up with eastern most wanted elves newcomer I need this

This is base of Ridley in E3 a western highly requested

As a matter of fact you may notice the timing of the direct is prefect for the Japanese to watch it

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Unintentionally, at least. She tries her best.
The part where she crams her vocal tonic down Crygor's throat when he half-heartedly supports her pop-star aspirations just reeks of passive-aggressiveness to me. Not to mention she is almost never completely honest about the risks involved in her experiments. Still, I couldn't help but smile seeing her attempt at singing draw crowds in droves. I dunno if she actually used the tonic in that instance though...

Speaking of Crygor himself, though, poor guy just cannot catch a break in this game. Nothing ever goes right for him in Gold. Maybe he should have recruited Ashley to help him pick mushrooms in the haunted forest...

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Wait a minute, I just checked the supporters list and I don't believe I'm on it. Please forgive me Ashley! I support you!

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
One reason I think people would rather have their most wanted character not be in the game at all, instead of an Assist trophy is because we now have DLC unlike back in the Brawl days. If we don't get Ashley as an Assist Trophy and she doesn't even make it into the base roster, there is always a chance that she could be DLC. I don't know if we would get her as DLC if she would get confirmed as an Assist Trophy. But of course we all know already that she is going to be in the base roster anyways right guys? XD

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Idk if someone adressed this already, but Sakurai said in his tweet that he scheduled the direct in a "manageable time for Japanese viewers as well".... As if he's about to reveal a Japan-favorite character.....

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Idk if someone adressed this already, but Sakurai said in his tweet that he scheduled the direct in a "manageable time for Japanese viewers as well".... As if he's about to reveal a Japan-favorite character.....
On that note, someone on another site brought up a point I hadn't considered.

In Japan, the E3 Direct happened at 1 AM, which is (arguably better than the US time, but still) kinda nuts. It's possible that rather than "we scheduled it just for the Japanese audience", he just meant it as "we're not going to make you stay up past midnight for this".

That's still ultimately speculation however. The reality still remains that he specifically pointed out that the time is meant to be more friendly to Japanese viewers.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
One reason I think people would rather have their most wanted character not be in the game at all, instead of an Assist trophy is because we now have DLC unlike back in the Brawl days. If we don't get Ashley as an Assist Trophy and she doesn't even make it into the base roster, there is always a chance that she could be DLC. I don't know if we would get her as DLC if she would get confirmed as an Assist Trophy. But of course we all know already that she is going to be in the base roster anyways right guys? XD
Fair point, but at the same time I don't think Sakurai's mindset is "I'm not gonna include this person as an assist because DLC". We know Sakurai doesn't think like that. Like, he wouldn't outright axe Ashley from the game because she was planned as DLC before the game was anywhere near finished.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
On that note, someone on another site brought up a point I hadn't considered.

In Japan, the E3 Direct happened at 1 AM, which is (arguably better than the US time, but still) kinda nuts. It's possible that rather than "we scheduled it just for the Japanese audience", he just meant it as "we're not going to make you stay up past midnight for this".

That's still ultimately speculation however. The reality still remains that he specifically pointed out that the time is meant to be more friendly to Japanese viewers.
Yeah... Maybe it's just for convenience purposes. The time difference between Japan and the US is 13~16 hours, which is crazy.

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Came home and my grandparents asked me about ashley so i showed them a pic and they were like "Aw shes cute. She looks like you! Maybe you could dress up as her for halloween."

Im considering it since it seems like an easy outfit to make. Tho im a red head so id have to get a wig

Regardless I am so ready and hopeful she gets shown. Seems like a ton of places are exploding with ashley threads so i feel we arent the only ones who think shes getting in

Noipoi

Howdy!
Came home and my grandparents asked me about ashley so i showed them a pic and they were like "Aw shes cute. She looks like you! Maybe you could dress up as her for halloween."

Im considering it since it seems like an easy outfit to make. Tho im a red head so id have to get a wig

Regardless I am so ready and hopeful she gets shown. Seems like a ton of places are exploding with ashley threads so i feel we arent the only ones who think shes getting in
Ashley is that one character that everyone knows but no one really talks about.
Lots of people know she has a chance, a good chance even! but she's not discussed as much as other potential newcomers.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

What prompted them into asking about asking about Ashley?

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
God I am so ready for new information. If Ashley and anything remotely similar to adventure mode are in Ultimate would basically be perfect for me. That and fix the plague that are taunt parties in For Fun for good

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Yo
Wait a minute, I just checked the supporters list and I don't believe I'm on it. Please forgive me Ashley! I support you!
The last update I posted on "Page 91" (your on it) was never added to the OP for somereason. Tommorow morning when I update that one I'm pming it to the Topic OP directly so they don't miss it this time. But for now refer to 91. And tommorow morning it'll be replaced!

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Oops Weird double post.
Well nothing to see in this post. Go Ashley.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well: I did yet another revision to my signature because the icons were too big: as always, Ashley is only behind K. Rool in terms of my wants!

It's interesting because originally, I just felt neutral on Ashley, honestly. But after a while of checking out this thread and remembering the one WarioWare game I played that involved her, I decided to jump in here, and I'm glad I did! :)

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
After checking out Gold, I'm a little bit more supportive of Ashley making it in as a playable character. She's clearly getting special treatment here, being the only cast member to get a playable role in a title minigame (as she did for G&Wario as well, but seeing it here again sorta cements it). And the fact that she has her own unlockable sticker book... yeah, she's certainly poised to be second in line at this point, according to the Wario Ware series itself.

Didn't use to be the case, but over time, yeah... Her popularity has shown itself in the series she hails from. And with that, I can't help but side with the fans here, despite preferring 9-Volt, and Mona and Jimmy being more prominent in the earlier titles. Ashley is the clear favorite among fans, Nintendo, and the devs of WarioWare itself. No bias here, she's earned her wings. I wouldn't be mad if she was finally playable.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If Ashley and anything remotely similar to adventure mode are in Ultimate would basically be perfect for me.
Speaking of which, what Congratulations screens do you expect Ashley to have for Classic, Adventure (if it comes back) and All Star mode?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
After checking out Gold, I'm a little bit more supportive of Ashley making it in as a playable character. She's clearly getting special treatment here, being the only cast member to get a playable role in a title minigame (as she did for G&Wario as well, but seeing it here again sorta cements it). And the fact that she has her own unlockable sticker book... yeah, she's certainly poised to be second in line at this point, according to the Wario Ware series itself.

Didn't use to be the case, but over time, yeah... Her popularity has shown itself in the series she hails from. And with that, I can't help but side with the fans here, despite preferring 9-Volt, and Mona and Jimmy being more prominent in the earlier titles. Ashley is the clear favorite among fans, Nintendo, and the devs of WarioWare itself. No bias here, she's earned her wings. I wouldn't be mad if she was finally playable.
Always happy to see people show their support! Even if it's just a bit, we appreciate it~

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
I was talking to them about who I hope gets added

They like to watch my tournaments and stuff and like to ask me about smash stuff
It's cool that you can be that open to them about your interests. I'll probably only tell my siblings about my Ashley supporting once the game is out and one of them picks her.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Thanks! We all appreciate it!

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Yeah lol They drove me 3 days to hyrule saga so I could go
Theyre p cool. They also bought me a palutena shirt a year ago and made my 20th birthday smash themed by getting me a smash bday cookie

My grandpa mains Donkey Kong lol

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Ashley is that one character that everyone knows but no one really talks about.
Lots of people know she has a chance, a good chance even! but she's not discussed as much as other potential newcomers.
Unfortunately it's probably because, while she has a good chance, she isn't as popular as many of the other top choices. I feel like to a lot of people, she's just indifferent to them. The same thing plagues a Rhythm Heaven character except people don't care so much that they don't even predict them or acknowledge their chances are very high.
yes I am salty a rhythm heaven character isn't considered a shoo in by many

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Apparently on the secret Ashley mini game the higher the chest count the different things she’ll say. I got six chests and she said “I’ll be the worlds greatest witch” instead of “good for you” just a neat detail I wanted to mention.

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I feel like changing my avatar to an Ashley avatar is gonna jinx something.

Also I hope we get Ashley's revolution as a track in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom