• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Time is just flying by. I just hope my gut feeling is wrong and it's Ashley and not Waddle/Bandana Dee. No offense towards Bandana Dee fans.
Why you got to do me like that, dissing the literal only pick I’ve ever truly wanted.

Hope Ashley makes it for you guys though.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I feel like changing my avatar to an Ashley avatar is gonna jinx something.

Also I hope we get Ashley's revolution as a track in Smash.
Just wait until she gets announced on Wednesday so you can change it to her official render ;)

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Watch as Sakurai pulls a 180 and Steve from Minecraft is revealed as a playable character on Wednesday.
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. He's not as unlikely as people think and he's the most likely indie rep. I still don't want him though. He would look out of place

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm prepared to learn about Ashley's fate(and others). But I'm also prepared for my next name change~

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I feel like changing my avatar to an Ashley avatar is gonna jinx something.
I'm tempted to change my avatar too, but I'm not doin' it until she's confirmed.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I’ve got a good feeling about this one, unlike smash 4, this game seems like it’ll give us what we want. But seriously, that one lacked offline tourney, target smash, boss battles, a GOOD classic, and a story mode.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Apparently on the secret Ashley mini game the higher the chest count the different things she’ll say. I got six chests and she said “I’ll be the worlds greatest witch” instead of “good for you” just a neat detail I wanted to mention.
I think those are tied to score, everytime I get above 100k points She says "friends?..okay" and above 120 or 130 I'm not sure it changes to greatest witch.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. He's not as unlikely as people think and he's the most likely indie rep. I still don't want him though. He would look out of place
Actually, Shantae and Shovel Knight had more support abroad than Steve did. That, and Steve also had to compete with Banjo Kazooie as far as Microsoft reps go given that according to the Smash Ballot results for Japan, Banjo Kazooie was in the top 10

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Thought I'd come by and share my support for Ashley. I grew up with the WarioWare series and I've been waiting for a new title (Game & Wario doesn't count) for a long time. Especially on the 3DS. I remember when they first revealed the 3DS in 2011, I had really hoped we would have gotten a new title early on. But at least we got one now!

Anyways, I love all the characters from WarioWare, but Ashley is really one that stands out to me. I think she'd make for an interesting character in Smash. Back when they revealed her as an Assist Trophy in Smash 4, I was devastated. I was pretty bummed out the whole day, but now I think she might have a possibility. So here's hoping she makes it in. I know I would definitely play her.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
I think those are tied to score, everytime I get above 100k points She says "friends?..okay" and above 120 or 130 I'm not sure it changes to greatest witch.
Maybe, I got 200k for the I’m the greatest witch part so I think you are right on the score instead of chests. Silly me XD

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Wow u guys are good at that game. The most I ever got was 2 chests in one run.

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
Just wait until she gets announced on Wednesday so you can change it to her official render ;)
I was thinking of doing that. But then I realized everyone might be doing that as well and we’ll all have the same one lol

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Actually, Shantae and Shovel Knight had more support abroad than Steve did. That, and Steve also had to compete with Banjo Kazooie as far as Microsoft reps go given that according to the Smash Ballot results for Japan, Banjo Kazooie was in the top 10
I can’t see Banjo hindering Steve in any way. Steve is on Nintendo platforms, and I would say that Steve has more history in gaming than Banjo does, which may sway Sakurai. Nintendo also promotes Minecraft, and Microsoft still uses MC compared to Banjo. Steve was also heavily requested during Smash 4’s life span especially on Miiverse. Steve is arguably the biggest indie rep right now as Minecraft is way more recognizable than Shantae or Shovel Knight. Steve is the biggest gaming icon in the past decade, so Sakurai has a chance to represent the modern history of gaming with him, plus he represents world builder/survival games, a genre not yet touched by Smash.

Also, I’m pretty sure Sakurai commented about Minecraft, saying he enjoyed the game.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I can’t see Banjo hindering Steve in any way. Steve is on Nintendo platforms, and I would say that Steve has more history in gaming than Banjo does, which may sway Sakurai. Nintendo also promotes Minecraft, and Microsoft still uses MC compared to Banjo. Steve was also heavily requested during Smash 4’s life span especially on Miiverse. Steve is arguably the biggest indie rep right now as Minecraft is way more recognizable than Shantae or Shovel Knight. Steve is the biggest gaming icon in the past decade, so Sakurai has a chance to represent the modern history of gaming with him, plus he represents world builder/survival games, a genre not yet touched by Smash.

Also, I’m pretty sure Sakurai commented about Minecraft, saying he enjoyed the game.
Calling Steve an indie rep would technically be a lie since Minecraft and Steve are both currently owned by Microsoft. That, and I fear that most people who voted for Steve were doing so for the sake of memes like Goku or Shrek and not that they actually wanted him in.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Maybe, I got 200k for the I’m the greatest witch part so I think you are right on the score instead of chests. Silly me XD
I just got 100k and 3 chests and she said the worlds greatest witch line too. I'm guessing past 100k it switches between that and the friends line.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Calling Steve an indie rep would technically be a lie since Minecraft and Steve are both currently owned by Microsoft. That, and I fear that most people who voted for Steve were doing so for the sake of memes like Goku or Shrek and not that they actually wanted him in.
Not entirely, as Minecraft started and got popular as an indie title, Microsoft helped after the popularity was already shown. The title started and was developed as an indie title, and later picked up by Microsoft after development, so it still counts.

Also, no, Steve was probably requested by people who actually want him. Remember, Miiverse was plagued with many children who loved MC, so I wouldn’t be surprised if his requests were legit. And no, little kids shouldn’t be taken less seriously than adults in terms of requests, as they will be the new generation that will buy and enjoy Smash, so I hope they can get their wish.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thought I'd come by and share my support for Ashley. I grew up with the WarioWare series and I've been waiting for a new title (Game & Wario doesn't count) for a long time. Especially on the 3DS. I remember when they first revealed the 3DS in 2011, I had really hoped we would have gotten a new title early on. But at least we got one now!

Anyways, I love all the characters from WarioWare, but Ashley is really one that stands out to me. I think she'd make for an interesting character in Smash. Back when they revealed her as an Assist Trophy in Smash 4, I was devastated. I was pretty bummed out the whole day, but now I think she might have a possibility. So here's hoping she makes it in. I know I would definitely play her.
Welcome to the thread! Wednesday can't come soon enough!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Not entirely, as Minecraft started and got popular as an indie title, Microsoft helped after the popularity was already shown. The title started and was developed as an indie title, and later picked up by Microsoft after development, so it still counts.

Also, no, Steve was probably requested by people who actually want him. Remember, Miiverse was plagued with many children who loved MC, so I wouldn’t be surprised if his requests were legit. And no, little kids shouldn’t be taken less seriously than adults in terms of requests, as they will be the new generation that will buy and enjoy Smash, so I hope they can get their wish.
That, and one last point. Sakurai often picks 3rd party characters and potentially indies based on their history with Nintendo consoles, which is the main flaw for Steve as he hasn't been heavily associated with Nintendo consoles as he has been more heavily associated with PC and Xbox. That may be a potential hurdle.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That, and one last point. Sakurai often picks 3rd party characters and potentially indies based on their history with Nintendo consoles, which is the main flaw for Steve as he hasn't been heavily associated with Nintendo consoles as he has been more heavily associated with PC and Xbox. That may be a potential hurdle.
It only really sounds like he might not be an "Indie choice", but he still has a pretty strong chance to be in anyway. Due to his major gaming legacy and tons of legit votes.

But I doubt that him being heavily associated or not with Nintendo is even a big deal. He had major gaming history before being bought by Microsoft, which is what Sakurai often wants in a 3rd party. Being owned by Microsoft is the only real hurdle, and considering we have a Minecraft-themed 3DS? I doubt it's even one. Otherwise, making the moveset work and re-working the artstyle to not clash should be about it. I'm not too worried overall, as a lot of "he'd be hard to get in" is heavily exaggerated.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I guess it stays in character. Thanks for the answer.
Don't thank me so soon, I went to check cause I'm fairly unobservant.

So I just checked if I didnt get any points. She looked down to the right and said "not a fan" with an annoyed face.

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I hope Ashley just looks super bored during her fight and instead of getting hurt she looks shocked that you actually managed to hit her lol

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
So it's the 7th now, just one more day till we learn more of Smash Bros. I'm really feeling this Ashley reveal though, call it a hunch but it feels strong. Guess a lot of things are pointing towards Ashley with Gold and all.

If she isn't revealed, I just hope she isn't an Assist so we can continue this hype train for a few more months

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I hope Ashley just looks super bored during her fight and instead of getting hurt she looks shocked that you actually managed to hit her lol
I'd like her to take a page from Rachel Alucard and just have Red get hit instead.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this time around Sakurai is adding characters fans REALLY want
Ashley is one of the top and highest wanted characters. I think she has a super good chance, especially since they didnt show her during warios trailer at all (which they would have if she was an AT)

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
So it's the 7th now, just one more day till we learn more of Smash Bros. I'm really feeling this Ashley reveal though, call it a hunch but it feels strong. Guess a lot of things are pointing towards Ashley with Gold and all.

If she isn't revealed, I just hope she isn't an Assist so we can continue this hype train for a few more months

Yes anything but an outright deconfirm and atleast we can lick our wounds and continue to hypeeee till the next direct haha.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
One more day guys.

Good lord I’m not gonna get much sleep tomorrow.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
The thing about Shantae and Shovel Knight is while they were popular choices within the hardcore smash community, I highly doubt they did very well at all on the ballot. Not very many people know about them, and they aren't really important to gaming. From what I've heard, Shovel Knight did not do well in Japan. This is a real problem as a niche series' not having support in Japan pretty much kills their chances in Smash. Unless they have overwhelming support like Ridley had in the US, there's is no way they'd even be noticed in the ballot. As for Shantae, she's just niche everywhere. Again, there's absolutely no way she would be noticed over other 3rd parties. I really do like both games, but I feel like they aren't important enough for Smash. I'd also like to mention Quote is probably more likely than both of them although he's not likely either

As for likely Indie reps, Steve is the only one I think is possible. Minecraft may be owned by Microsoft now, but that just goes to show how popular and influential Minecraft has been. Minecraft has a MASSIVE player base, and I could definitely see Microsoft and Nintendo wanting to add Steve. It would be good for business. As for Sakurai, I'm sure he'd be on board. He likes Minecraft and most likely recognizes its importance in gaming. Banjo and Kazooi could get in regardless of Steve's inclusion anyway. I'd consider them to have a decent chance at DLC, or even in the base game.

Then there's is also Sans. Undertale is massive, but his game came to late. I'd say he's possibly a contender for DLC if enough people ask for him.

Also, the concept of needing an Indie rep is kinda dumb. Characters should be getting in on their own merits. I don't think Steve is likely either. He's just not impossible.

Sorry for going of topic so go Ashley!

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
They fixed the warioware tag on the U.S Smash bros website. Sorry if old news it seemed to just fix for me. Took em awhile, guess they had to fix it before Ashley gets announced ;).

Last edited:
Top Bottom