• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Man my heart would be pounding if they started off with a second wave of ATs. ;-;
When we get to the AT segment of the direct if you listen closely you will hear millions of Ashley fans pooping their pants!

Not me! I know Ashley will make her debut as playable!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Man my heart would be pounding if they started off with a second wave of ATs. ;-;
During the E3 showcase, when the Assist Trophy part started, I just kept repeating "Please don't show Ashley" to myself over and over.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
God, Ashley's gallery theme is just so sad. It's like a lullaby and filled with so much emotion. I think it's worth noting that it's only remixing the "I dont have as many friends as you" part of her song. Sakurai, please she's literally begging to be in Smash.

Last edited:

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
God, Ashley's gallery theme is just so sad. It's like a lullaby and filled so much emotion. I think it's worth noting that it's only remixing the "I dont have as many friends as you" part of her song. Sakurai, please she's literally begging to be in Smash.
That's why Ashley eyes are red and why she's so tired.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

I'd honestly rather see her AT than prolonging this any further.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman

NO! Even if we have to wait until the games release we NEED Ashley playable! I also want to Krush the Krocs in the largest thread contest.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
During the E3 showcase, when the Assist Trophy part started, I just kept repeating "Please don't show Ashley" to myself over and over.
I think I on some level expected to see her AT during the whole Direct and E3 stuff, but as I saw more and more of the ATs and came to realize that Ashley's wasn't seen during that whole time in spite of the large number, I thought to myself "oh my God she has a chance".

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'd rather keep waiting if we see nothing from her in the direct. She could also realistically be revealed around Halloween I think, but I don't think that's happening. I'm really certain we're gonna find out her fate in the direct.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

I'd thought that once too, but then I remembered that the choices are deconfirmation or surviving a huge hurdle for any assist trophy pick. The hype that would generate would be immense and would surely skyrocket us to the top of the board's consciousness, especially if other big assist trophies get deconfirmed in the Direct.

Besides, I don't want to throw this thread away after we got all these cool new supporters.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
For kicks, I went back to check the April 2014 Direct to try to compare it.

Here's all the ATs that got shown off...

Andross, Devil, Knuckle Joe, Saki Mamiya, Lyn, Nintendog, Waluigi, Dr. Wright, Skull Kid, Mother Brain, Midna, Ashley, Dark Samus, Chain Chomp, Isabelle, Elec Man, Color TV-Game 15.

Expect a bloodbath on Wednesday.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
This direct really is going to be scary for everyone, not just us Ashley supporters. Sure, Ashley and Isabelle have the best chance at being shown, but there will also likely be new assist trophies. Popular characters, are well, popular, and so they are at risk of seeing the same fate as Krystal. I have a feeling that characters that did well but not well enough in the ballot will be assist trophies to please fans. This has the potential to be an even bigger massacre than E3.
good thing Ashley won't be shown
Edit: I meant to say she won't be shown as an assist oops

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I have a feeling that characters that did well but not well enough in the ballot will be assist trophies to please fans.
This is why I feel assist trophies are a stupid idea for an item. Sakurai looks at it as showing support for popular characters that didn't quite make the cut, but the reality is it's just a huge slap in the face to anyone who supported that character.

"Hey, look! The character you wanted is actually in Smash! You can't play as them though, sorry!"

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
This is why I feel assist trophies are a stupid idea for an item. Sakurai looks at it as showing support for popular characters that didn't quite make the cut, but the reality is it's just a huge slap in the face to anyone who supported that character.

"Hey, look! The character you wanted is actually in Smash! You can't play as them though, sorry!"
Well, it's better than nothing, right? At least Ashley appeared in playable battles last game. I'd gladly take a Rhythm Heaven assist over nothing.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm guessing people liked assist trophies in Brawl, but nowadays most people are like playable or riot. Several characters wouldn't even appear in the game outside of trophy's if it weren't for assists.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Since the poll is pretty much winding down, I'll show off this Reddit poll asking who people think will be a newcomer for the direct. Ashley got top 5.

https://www.strawpoll.me/16220834/r

King K: 917 Votes - 14%

Simon: 615 Votes - 10%

Other: 595 Votes - 9%

Ashley: 470 Votes - 7%

Bandana Dee: 455 Votes - 7%

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
When we get to the AT segment of the direct if you listen closely you will hear millions of Ashley fans pooping their pants!

Not me! I know Ashley will make her debut as playable!
Wont be worried cause their gunna open with the Ashley reveal of course. Hehehehe.

Last edited:

TailsTheAssassin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4398 2362 0516
This thread can NOT die with an Ashley AT announcement. I will lose my ****...... cause then I'd have to move on :c

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

It's always sad when a wanted character is shown as an assist (in Smash 4 days, the double reveal of Saki Amamiya and Midna was a sad day for me), as it's only logical to want our favorites playable, but it's still a nice recognition from Nintendo. It brings representation for the serie, as much as stages. That's why I'm happy with the Metroid content in Smash 4, but dislike how DK is basically "just arcade". As a Sin & Punishment fan, I love to see Saki being there, he is not forgotten.

Look at Earthbound for example. Surely there's only 2 playable characters, but look at everything that is in Smash Ultimate. Despite the fact that we won't see Mother 4, the serie is alive, full of things that reminds us "THAT'S Mother".

Last edited:

Kumashock

Smash Cadet
I mostly just lurk here, but add me to the support list. I think Ashley is happening and I can't wait for it.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
This direct really is going to be scary for everyone, not just us Ashley supporters. Sure, Ashley and Isabelle have the best chance at being shown, but there will also likely be new assist trophies. Popular characters, are well, popular, and so they are at risk of seeing the same fate as Krystal. I have a feeling that characters that did well but not well enough in the ballot will be assist trophies to please fans. This has the potential to be an even bigger massacre than E3.
good thing Ashley won't be shown
Edit: I meant to say she won't be shown as an assist oops
As an avid Isaac supporter, the direct is making me really nervous. Golden Sun is one of my favorite series and having Isaac playable is a huge boost to make the franchise return so I'm worried if he becomes an assist again. Also I hope poor Ashley isn't disconfirmed as well, she has so much move set potential.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I mostly just lurk here, but add me to the support list. I think Ashley is happening and I can't wait for it.
You lurkers just can't resist the awesomeness of Ashley hehehe!
All you lurkers come out of hiding and give our girl some support!!!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Everyone, lurkers, posters, that one guy who just found the thread today.
We need your power, Ashley needs your power for Wednesday!

LEND ASHLEY YOUR POWER!!!

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Funny that y'all started talking about the inevitable Assist Trophy bloodbath. I've been doing a little research (to make it sound distinguished) on the June E3 Direct and the April 2014 Smash Direct to see if there were any similarities between the two, which could possibly correlate with what we get Wednesday. My little essay on the matter is pretty wordy, but after writing it, I feel a bit better about Ashley's chances. I'll post it if y'all are interested, but I have some less ... wordy and pseudo-intellectual thoughts about the topic, first and foremost.

Think back to Smash 4. For me, there were six characters that I really wanted, at the time: Ridley, King K. Rool, Little Mac, Starfy, Chibi-Robo, and Dillon. Slowly but surely, one by one, each one was offed. It got to a point where I pretty much gave up on all of my "most-wanted" list.

Well, let's hone in on one specific member of that most-wanted list: Little Mac. Sure, he had a game released between Brawl and Smash 4, and there was questionable evidence pointing to his playable inclusion, but he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl! Would they really take the time to promote an optional summon character to the esteemed position of "playable Nintendo All-Star"? I mean, he's not even that popular in the East!

As we all know, Little Mac was eventually revealed in a Nintendo Direct. It was a glorious day for little old me.

Does that tale sound a little bit like someone else? "Sure, she had a game released between Smash 4 and Ultimate, and there is questionable evidence pointing to her playable inclusion, but she was an Assist Trophy in Smash 4! Would they really take the time to promote an optional summon character/Mii Costume theme to the esteemed position of 'playable Nintendo All-Star'? I mean, she's not even that popular in the West!"

Hold on to hope. The more time I think about it, the more optimistic I am about it, especially with Sakurai's insistence that it be posted at a realistic time for the Japanese audience.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyone else feel like the assist trophy section is gonna be the most insane part of the direct?
It'll be death after death for a lot of characters, including very high requested ones. Even K Rool isn't safe from becoming an Assist.
But even if Ashley isn't revealed, if she survives the second wave i'd argue her chances would increase!

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
It'll be death after death for a lot of characters, including very high requested ones. Even K Rool isn't safe from becoming an Assist.
But even if Ashley isn't revealed, if she survives the second wave i'd argue her chances would increase!
That also applies to any popular not yet pokeball confirmed Pokémon

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
We're assuming that we're even getting new assists in this Direct. We probably are, but if Ashley survives the onslaught and isn't revealed as playable, then I'd say her chances only increase. Especially if other fan favorites are deconfirmed via assist trophy.

I'm both nervous and excited.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I played WarioWare Gold’s Story Mode.

It’s great, probably my favorite in the series, and takes everything the other games did and strengthens them by a lot, I highly recommend you guys play it.
Highlights for me include what they did with Young Cricket (full-on Karate Kid parody instead of just food again), 5-Volt who is perhaps even more relatable than Ashley (though how she managed to play Pushmo and Fire Emblem Awakening in her childhood...), and Penny who evidently took on some of Ashley's old cruelty.

Top Bottom