• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Hungry Wolf - Terry Bogard Social Thread

KatKit

Smash Lord
The first thing I'm going to do with Terry is play Squad Strike with the Final Smash meter turned on. It's pretty obvious where the inspiration for both of those originated from (thanks yet again, SNK). Coincidentally, they're two of my favorite new features in Ultimate (especially Squad Strike).

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think I got a good classic mode figured out:

The King of Smash:
All battles are 3v3 Squad Strike Stamina Battles on Omega Stages. Throughout, you are teamed up with :ultken: (White) and :ultlittlemac: (Red).

Battle 1::ultryu:(Orange), :ultsnake: (Blue), :ultlucina: (White) on King of Fighters Arena.
Battle 2::ultpalutena:, :ultbayonetta1: (Red), :ultzss: (Red) on Rainbow Cruise.
Battle 3::ultryu:, :ultpikachu:, :ultkrool: (White) on Onett.
Battle 4::ultike: (Black), :ultzelda: (Hilda Colors), :ultpeach: (White Colors) on Fourside
Battle 5: Bonus Game
Battle 6::ultganondorf: (White Hair) on New Donk City Tower
Final Battle: Dracula

Bonus points to anyone who can figure out the references. (I'm a freshman KoF fan, so I might've flubbed some things up)

Last edited:

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
My second favorite Ultimate newcomer yet, if I get to play well with him, will be my secondary after Incineroar

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I've been thinking about the Fatal Fury Spirit Board recently, and I noticed that each one has a Legend Spirit with an exclusive effect. The Phantom Thieves of Hearts with their Item Autograb for Joker, the Hero's Comrades with their Team Power-Up for Hero and most recently Gruntilda with her Poison Power-Up for Banjo and Kazooie. So with this in mind, I think we can safely assume that there'll be a Legend Spirit with a unique effect as well. So here's my take:

Spirit: Geese Howard
Spirit Type: :starman::starman::starman::starman: Attack Primary
Opponent::ultganondorf:(White Hair)
Stage: New Donk City Tower Omega
Music: Soy Sauce for Geese
Rules:
  • Stamina Match
  • Jump Height Decreased
  • Opponent has increased Attack
Spirit Effect: Final Boss: All stats are permanently buffed, but the player is forced to fight with Stamina.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What do you guys think for this as an Classic Mode given FF/KoF is Smash's inspiration?

Round 1: :ultmario: on Peach's Castle (N64)
Round 2::ultmewtwo:on Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Round 3::ultpit:on Sky World (Brawl)
Round 4::ultvillager:on Town and City (Sm4sh; Wii U)
Round 5: :ultmiifighters:x 3 (:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:) on Find Mii (Sm4sh; 3DS)
Round 6::ultinkling:on Moray Towers (Ultimate)
Bonus Round
Final Round: Galeem and Dharkon

Unless someone has better ideas? There's also the idea of fighting game characters but:ultryu:and:ultken:are the only ones.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So this is pretty funny. Yesterday my partner found a conversation we had back in December before the game had even released about who we wanted for DLC.

Link because of language.

Not to act all high-and-mighty or anything, it's just funny that we called it so early on between this and me rating SNK's chances at 75% in the RTC.

Attachments

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
So this is pretty funny. Yesterday my partner found a conversation we had back in December before the game had even released about who we wanted for DLC.

View attachment 238330

Link in case that doesn't work.

Not to act all high-and-mighty or anything, it's just funny that we called it so early on between this and me eating SNK's chances at 75% in the RTC.
lol i remember calling it back on september 2018 during base game speculation. its still baffling to me that snk was never actively considered by the community tho. their support for the switch should have tipped some people off alongside the fact that KoF was a very influential game for sakurai.

D

Deleted member

lol i remember calling it back on september 2018 during base game speculation. its still baffling to me that snk was never actively considered by the community tho. their support for the switch should have tipped some people off alongside the fact that KoF was a very influential game for sakurai.
Eh, that's kinda the problem with the community. No wonder they get such flak from the FGC.
They don't try to verse themselves into variojs other games where they could get reps or requested fighters from. They only want what they want at the expense of others. No wonder they're dying to get Geno/Shantae/Isaac/etc.
At least my most wanted newcomer is a bit niche and unorthodox.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Don't forget how SNK keeps making guest appearances in other games.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
I beat the original fatal fury on switch! i have begun my preparations for terry's smash launch...

I might have had to turn the difficulty down to level 1, though. i'm not very good at most fighting games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat the original fatal fury on switch! i have begun my preparations for terry's smash launch...

I might have had to turn the difficulty down to level 1, though. i'm not very good at most fighting games.
That's still a pretty big accomplishment, given how cheap SNK's bosses can get. Congratulations!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's pretty telling that Source Gaming's ballot poll in 2015 had approximately zero SNK characters in it. Granted, the sampling wasn't big enough, but still.

I guess SNK Playmore had been considered "niche" after their downfall at the end of the 90s and their later (and temporary) acquisition by a pachinko company. Until now, that is. Then again, people that only notice AAA and indie companies generally have tunnel vision in general.

Eh, that's kinda the problem with the community. No wonder they get such flak from the FGC.
They don't try to verse themselves into variojs other games where they could get reps or requested fighters from. They only want what they want at the expense of others. No wonder they're dying to get Geno/Shantae/Isaac/etc.
At least my most wanted newcomer is a bit niche and unorthodox.
Yeah, unlike people like me, most of those people don't consider the possibility that maybe their characters won't get chosen for whatever reason. Heck, nothing says we won't have some other first-parties like King Boo, Poochy or whomever else, or third-parties that have secretly been pushed by their companies for Smash under everyone else's noses. It doesn't help that toxic parts of other fandoms bleed into Smash's after a character of theirs gets in.

At least :ultbanjokazooie:'s fans can finally afford to chill now.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Oh yeah, I was wondering, how is Power Wave going to even work in the air? He does his ki attacks from the ground/off the ground, unless Power Wave becomes Power Dunk in midair? Or something silly, but if we have to do inputs how would that even work?

Maybe Power Dunk can be his fair, but I'm still wondering how Power Wave is going to work in the air.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I was wondering, how is Power Wave going to even work in the air? He does his ki attacks from the ground/off the ground, unless Power Wave becomes Power Dunk in midair? Or something silly, but if we have to do inputs how would that even work?

Maybe Power Dunk can be his fair, but I'm still wondering how Power Wave is going to work in the air.
Now that you mention it, I can see Power Wave and Power Dunk being in a similar situation to Heel Slide and Afterburner Kick in Bayonetta's moveset. I mean, Power Wave and Power Dunk do seem to share the same animations with the downwards punch.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Now that you mention it, I can see Power Wave and Power Dunk being in a similar situation to Heel Slide and Afterburner Kick in Bayonetta's moveset. I mean, Power Wave and Power Dunk do seem to share the same animations with the downwards punch.
Yeah that's part of why the idea came to mind, heck one of his supers The High Angle Geyser, basically combos Power Dunk into a Power Geyser, so the pieces are all there.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, seeing Terry in Smash was the biggest Surprise for me. I played Fatal Fury 2 before Street Fighter 2 and he's always been my favorite. I even watched the Fatal Fury movies to see my boy. I'm super stoked to be using my new Main...Sorry Roy

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Big SNK sale on Steam!

King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match and King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match are available for less than $4 a piece.

King of Fighters XIII is available for $4.99.

And the latest, King of Fighters XIV is only $45 with all DLC!

If you ever wanted to learn more about Terry or get into KOF, this is a great way to do it! Some of the best in the series!
There's also some SNK games with cool discounts on PS4 if anyone is interested. For example Garou: Mark of the Wolves is at 6 dollars and comes with a theme for the console menu.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hey, this gets me thinking:

You know how SNK was mainstream before its bankruptcy? Maybe Smash Bros will put SNK back into the mainstream, what with Terry in Smash and all. After playing a bit of King of Fighters '98, it'd be nice of SNK to be back up there where it was in the 80's and 90's.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

You know how SNK was mainstream before its bankruptcy? Maybe Smash Bros will put SNK back into the mainstream, what with Terry in Smash and all. After playing a bit of King of Fighters '98, it'd be nice of SNK to be back up there where it was in the 80's and 90's.
That's the plan. FE didn't exist in the West before :ultmarth: got in. Similarly, :ultpit:'s inclusion rose up interest for a Kid Icarus sequel. Then there's :ulthero: causing Dragon Quest to actually become mainstream in the West again after the lack of SNES imports for V and VI killed that for a while.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

With SNK having big crossovers in games like Tekken and Soul Caliber and SamSho 2019 being a big hit for them, they are definitely on the path to becoming mainstream again. Terry's inclusion in Smash is definitely the best popularity boost that they could ask for. Hopefully his inclusion gets people hyped for King of Fighters XV.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm not an expert of traditional fighting games, the last I've played with frequency was Tekken 5 I think, is Garou: MOTW enjoyable for someone who's not very good at fighting games? I've heard it's simple to enjoy and play but with a lot of depth.

Also thinking about picking some KoF entries or Capcom vs. SNK. I've played KoF in the past but I barely remember which one haha

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm not an expert of traditional fighting games, the last I've played with frequency was Tekken 5 I think, is Garou: MOTW enjoyable for someone who's not very good at fighting games? I've heard it's simple to enjoy and play but with a lot of depth.

Also thinking about picking some KoF entries or Capcom vs. SNK. I've played KoF in the past but I barely remember which one haha
I'm far from the best at traditional 2D fighters and I absolutely love Garou. You should totally check it out.

If you want to get into KoF I suggest starting with 98 or 2002. Neither of them have a plot as they are non-canon dream matches but they are often regarded as the best in the series. Both are on the eShop though the enhanced Ultimate Match editions are on Steam and I think PSN/Xbox Live.

For Capcom vs SNK, you'll mainly want to play CvS2. You can get it on PSN as a PS2 classic if you have a PS3.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm far from the best at traditional 2D fighters and I absolutely love Garou. You should totally check it out.

If you want to get into KoF I suggest starting with 98 or 2002. Neither of them have a plot as they are non-canon dream matches but they are often regarded as the best in the series. Both are on the eShop though the enhanced Ultimate Match editions are on Steam and I think PSN/Xbox Live.

For Capcom vs SNK, you'll mainly want to play CvS2. You can get it on PSN as a PS2 classic if you have a PS3.
Thank you. I think I will pick Garou, the fact it has ¿12? characters seems good to me, that way I won't feel overwhelmed haha.

I think I will pick some KoF or CvS2 after playing Garou, if I like it I would definitely play these.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I'm hoping Fatal fury finally gets a new game.

We've been left on a cliffhanger for 2 decades, man.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I'm hoping Fatal fury finally gets a new game.

We've been left on a cliffhanger for 2 decades, man.
They had planned to make a Garou sequel; there were even sprites for the newcomers. I guess SNK’s only got demand for SamSho and KOF but if we really push for it, maybe they might reconsider. KOF is fun but there’s nothing like the simplicity of the Fatal Fury series.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
With SNK having big crossovers in games like Tekken and Soul Caliber and SamSho 2019 being a big hit for them, they are definitely on the path to becoming mainstream again. Terry's inclusion in Smash is definitely the best popularity boost that they could ask for. Hopefully his inclusion gets people hyped for King of Fighters XV.
That's the thing that made me even more happy that Terry's in Smash, not only is there a good chance he'll become more popular but SNK will be able to get back into the mainstream and have a whole new generation of fans.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
As I said I bought Garou and so far I'm enjoying it. The animation of the characters and stages is so good and the soundtrack is also cool. I have finished the story mode with Terry and Rock a few times with each one, with Terry I managed to unlock the real final boss and I defeated him.
I think I'm doing relatively well, but I must say I had to lower the CPU level xD. I guess it's a matter of practice.

A random question: the PS4 version of the game comes with a wallpaper for the console (which is very cool btw) and at the same time while you're at the menu a song plays, and I like it. I've guessed it's from Garou OST, I wanted to learn the name of the track but I didn't find it searching in playlists from Youtube. Maybe it's from other SNK games? Or maybe it's an untitled song?
The song I'm talking about is this one:

I would like to know the name of the song if someone knows it :D

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
As I said I bought Garou and so far I'm enjoying it. The animation of the characters and stages is so good and the soundtrack is also cool. I have finished the story mode with Terry and Rock a few times with each one, with Terry I managed to unlock the real final boss and I defeated him.
I think I'm doing relatively well, but I must say I had to lower the CPU level xD. I guess it's a matter of practice.

A random question: the PS4 version of the game comes with a wallpaper for the console (which is very cool btw) and at the same time while you're at the menu a song plays, and I like it. I've guessed it's from Garou OST, I wanted to learn the name of the track but I didn't find it searching in playlists from Youtube. Maybe it's from other SNK games? Or maybe it's an untitled song?
The song I'm talking about is this one:

I would like to know the name of the song if someone knows it :D
That song sounds like a remix of the intro theme.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
I am gonna try to predict the spirits for Terry:

- Andy Bogard (Novice)
- Joe Higashi (Novice)
- Ryo Sakazaki (Advanced)
- Iori Yagami (Advanced)
+ At Level 99, evolves into Orochi Iori, which is an Ace spirit.
- Nakoruru (Ace)
- Kyo Kusanagi (Ace)
- Geese Howard (Legendary)

And finally, the fighter spirits for Terry, and his alt if he has one.

I feel like they'd do a Haohmaru Mii costume alongside him, and probably a Fatal Fury Mii hat as well. I'd hope for a Rock Howard costume but that feels kinda unlikely

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I would be surprise if Rock Howard doesn't have a spirit. I could say the same about Mai but I guess that depends on the image/render they would choose.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would be surprise if Rock Howard doesn't have a spirit. I could say the same about Mai but I guess that depends on the image/render they would choose.
Either they'd save Mai for later, they can't get her in without censoring the skin exposure to hell and back, or the spirit team doesn't think things through (again).

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Mai's Real Bout look could work. As a Spirit she wouldn't need to be animated so they could shorten the slit on her thigh a little bit and be good to go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom