• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It really has started to feel like these games are just too complicated now for each generation to only last three years. There keep being signs that the devs wanted to do more but ran out of time to.

Honestly, my biggest hope now for Gen 9 is that it happens in 2023, not 2022. Come on, TPC execs, give your developers more time to work their magic. Surely there must be other stuff you can do to fill that additional year that'd still sell well.
If the spin offs are any indication, just slap a whole load of em. They are really good most of the time.

The person who leaked the Crown Tundra information has already claimed that a new Pokémon game is coming out next year.

Not a huge surprise given how it's an anniversary year, but I think it's safe to assume that GF is still on the same tight schedule. Even if it's something like a Gen 4 remake, it'll still take a lot of work for them.
The guy's information was all accurate iirc, so this is probably true. But I hope they don't make something as rushed as SWSH for the 25th.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
In regards to the next game, will it go through another dex cut? I'm aware that the porting of models will be easier since we have most of the pokmeon already in Sword & Shield, but it still takes time that they could use on more important things.

Also I'm now sad we won't ever get to properly see the direction of X & Y had they gone with the aliens plotline.

It really has started to feel like these games are just too complicated now for each generation to only last three years. There keep being signs that the devs wanted to do more but ran out of time to.

Honestly, my biggest hope now for Gen 9 is that it happens in 2023, not 2022. Come on, TPC execs, give your developers more time to work their magic. Surely there must be other stuff you can do to fill that additional year that'd still sell well.
With how many references & inspirirations pokemon have been getting in the last decade, to the point of it leading into one of my favorite theories of all time "The End of Pokemon", it's quite clear they want to do something bigger. And the references to all these religions and their end times haven't stopped yet. The new horse pokemon even carry some inspiration from 2 of the 4 horses of the end times from the Bible, namely their colors & attitudes being parallel to their counterparts.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
In regards to the next game, will it go through another dex cut? I'm aware that the porting of models will be easier since we have most of the pokmeon already in Sword & Shield, but it still takes time that they could use on more important things.

Also I'm now sad we won't ever get to properly see the direction of X & Y had they gone with the aliens plotline.

With how many references & inspirirations pokemon have been getting in the last decade, to the point of it leading into one of my favorite theories of all time "The End of Pokemon", it's quite clear they want to do something bigger. And the references to all these religions and their end times haven't stopped yet. The new horse pokemon even carry some inspiration from 2 of the 4 horses of the end times from the Bible, namely their colors & attitudes being parallel to their counterparts.
If only TPC wasn't being restrictive with their development times....

Also hold up ALIENS?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I don't know, honestly. I could see a situation where mons that aren't part of the new region's Dex will be preserved somehow but won't be accessible until postgame. Or maybe they'll pull what they've done this generation and have you wait until the mon in question is available in one of the games.

It'd depend on how much work needed to be done getting the renders up to par...and whatever new animations and such they add (like the ones used in the campsite in Sword & Shield).

I'm sure everyone knows by now, but no new Spirits this week either. Another tournament.

We're probably safe, but I still think it's a good idea to be cautious.
Yeah, it's looking increasingly less likely that another Pokémon Spirit Event will happen. The original SwSh one happened right around the games' launch, so having the first two weeks after Crown Tundra's release pass quietly seems to point toward one not being in the works.

Helps us out, even if only indirectly.

Crimson Helios

Smash Rookie
I think I already know the answer, but amI the only one who kind of dislikes Dynamax Adventure? Whenever I defeat one of the Pokémon most of the time my allies would choose to use it even though it would put them at a disadvantage. And sometimes they replace it with the Pokémon that would have an advantage. Not helping matters is that, I swear, they have the most awkward AI ever. I remember I had an ally with a Grovyle and we were fighting aPokemon weak to grass. Yet rather than just spamming Grass Pledge he would constantly switch between it and a stat debuff move, and debuffs don’t matter much in raids. Possibly the only thing that could make this worse is if they didn’t keep track of the legend you encounter. And even then you have to reach the legend for them to do that. One more thing, and admittedly this is a me problem, I’m really annoyed I have to use rented Pokémon to actually do Dynamax Battles. Zacian would‘ve been very helpful against Rayquaza and Latios, and it doesn’t help that some of the rented mons have movesets that look like they were made by people who just love debuff moves. And my play style is quick and aggressive. I don’t rely on debuffs. And even if I did, like I said, they don’t matter in raids.

Well, at least on the bright side this DLC wasn’t like KH3 where the majority of stuff was so agonizing that it made me deduct points which caused me to lower my score for the game (although that’s probably mainly because of IoA)

Overall:
Base: Probably 4 stars
IoA: 4.5
CT: Either 3.5 or 4

So, yeah. Not bad if I do say so myself. Some hiccups here and there (Forest of Focus, Raids with NPCs, THAT ****ING ARTICUNO) but pretty solid. And thank Arceus they didn’t make the battle with Eternatus like Utra Necrozma. If it wasn’t for those wolves that battle would be nigh impossible and take an eternity.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
dont mind me just moving a pokemon conversation out of the rex thread an into a better suited one

But before then you couldn't catch everything.
Also Platinum and HGSS had relatively little overlap legendary wise.
but you could still transfer the legedaries. in ORAS you could have groudon, rayquaza and kyorge from before you encountered them in game. its like saying they couldnt do the gen 3 remakes cuase you could get an event torchic or saying you couldnt do the ge 2 remakes cause you got a togepi in platinum.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Staarih

Smash Master
Makes me wonder who would get paired with Zacian and Zamazenta. Doubt it would be the trainers because the starters exist.
I guess Hop could potentially get either of them. Or just a player character + legendary combo. Sygna suits work too.

masters certainly does care who makes sense
Ehh, they do have some wacky sync pairs though, Calem & Espurr comes to mind, why not just give him a starter like Serena & Fennekin. I also kinda dislike how Ramos has Victreebel and Lusamine has Pheromosa, when Gogoat and Nihilego respectively would have fit so well. And stuff like that, but I guess any trainer + Pokemon still makes "sense".

Cool to see Galar stuff added nonetheless.

zacian

Smash Apprentice
Ehh, they do have some wacky sync pairs though, Calem & Espurr comes to mind, why not just give him a starter like Serena & Fennekin.
I was just about to say that, so there is a slight possibility of Gloria getting Zacian or Zamazenta

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
dont mind me just moving a pokemon conversation out of the rex thread an into a better suited one

but you could still transfer the legedaries. in ORAS you could have groudon, rayquaza and kyorge from before you encountered them in game. its like saying they couldnt do the gen 3 remakes cuase you could get an event torchic or saying you couldnt do the ge 2 remakes cause you got a togepi in platinum.
But this is the cover legendaries, Togetic is just a regular Pokemon, Blaziken getting a mega but not the other two was rightly considered a hint at Gen 3 remakes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But this is the cover legendaries, Togetic is just a regular Pokemon, Blaziken getting a mega but not the other two was rightly considered a hint at Gen 3 remakes.
but equally couldn’t the fact that the gen 4 starters aren’t programmed in yet be a sign of a gen 4 remake?

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord

Wouldn't a better suited forum be on Bulbagarden and not another Newcomer thread on SmashBoards?

Staarih

Smash Master
So, latest Nintendo earnings reveal that Sw/Sh are at 19.02 million sold. They keep on creeping up and 20 million is definitely a lock, will be interesting to see if they'll be able to reach up to G/S's 23 million. The complete pack with DLC included (and the DLC in general) will give Sw/Sh further boost this holiday for sure, and the legs the game will have depends on what new game potentially comes out next year.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's not gonna happen, but it'd be pretty cool if they celebrated the one-year anniversary of SwSh with a character reveal.

Anniversaries rarely matter though, and I doubt they'd have another character ready to show off so soon.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
that was my point, your logic was flawed and based on what is just pure speculation
It is speculation, but I just don't think Sinnoh remakes are coming. Pokemon stick to patterns quite rigidly and they never give us the ability to catch every past legendary unless it's the last game in a generation.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It is speculation, but I just don't think Sinnoh remakes are coming. Pokemon stick to patterns quite rigidly and they never give us the ability to catch every past legendary unless it's the last game in a generation.
now youre saying that pokemon sticking a newer rigid pattern is proof of them breaking a longer standard pattern.

The trend only started in ORAS. Fairly recent.
tried that one already

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The guy who leaked most of the Crown Tundra content early said there's another Pokémon game coming out next year. Regardless of what this game ends up being, SwSh would not be the one and only game in Gen 8's lifespan. I still think Gen 4 remakes are on the table, especially since Lucario is being promoted so heavily in the anime.

Speaking of which...

PicsArt_11-06-12.53.01.jpg

Really hope next week isn't the only time we see the wolves.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The guy who leaked most of the Crown Tundra content early said there's another Pokémon game coming out next year. Regardless of what this game ends up being, SwSh would not be the one and only game in Gen 8's lifespan. I still think Gen 4 remakes are on the table, especially since Lucario is being promoted so heavily in the anime.

Speaking of which...

View attachment 291290

Really hope next week isn't the only time we see the wolves.
Who's the Eevee?

Top Bottom