• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Full Title:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Other Titles:
The Legend of Zelda GCN (Working Title)
The Legend of Zelda: Reins of Sorrow (Rumor)
The Legend of Zelda: Ride of Melancholy (Rumor)
The Legend of Zelda: Gates of the Realm (Rumor)

Platforms: Nintendo Wii & Nintendo GameCube
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo EAD
ESRB Rating: Teen
Genre: Third-Person Action/Adventure
# of Players: 1
Progressive Scan Support (480p)? Yes (Wii Only)
Widescreen Support (16x9)? Yes (Wii Only)
Surround Sound? Yes (Dolby Pro Logic II)

Release Dates (Wii Version):
[US] November 19, 2006
[EU] December 8, 2006
[AU] December 7, 2006
[JP] December 2, 2006

Release Dates (GameCube Version):
[US] December 11, 2006
[EU] December 15, 2006
[AU] December 14, 2006
[JP] December 2, 2006

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Nintendo's site is down due to a "server error." I can only imagine what kind of traffic they're getting right now.

I MUST SEE THIS VIDEO!!!!!!! AGH!!!!! *die*

HELP ME!!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
And to think some people (Like KI) are in school right now...

:rotfl::laugh::rotfl::laugh::rotfl::laugh::rotfl:

Oh well, they'll see this stuff when they get out :p.

On a side note, I can't find the Nintendo conference, help!!!

(awesome trailer)

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by McFox
Nintendo's site is down due to a "server error." I can only imagine what kind of traffic they're getting right now.

I MUST SEE THIS VIDEO!!!!!!! AGH!!!!! *die*

HELP ME!!
ditto, when typed in the www.nintendo.com url on my browser I got the Nintendo.com server error. I guess fans of adult Link will finally gut a full fledged adult Link game. As long as there's still a touch of classic LoZ humor and playfullness, and this just doesn't become another "mature" game hack-n-slash, ho-hum copycat I'm happy.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is going to be so sweet!!!

I can't wai...............
*faints from the awesomeness of the screenshots*

I am a huge Zelda fan (I have every game) and am going to just kill myself waiting for this game!!!

Why must you torture my soul!!!

:chuckle: :cool:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't think there's much of a chance of that. This is Nintendo we're talking about. They'd rather die than do anything that's just "average," especially with arguably their most beloved series.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Teh game of teh year 2005?

Heh I love you guys, I love Smashboards, and I love Nintendo for bringing out so many, SO MANY GOOD GAMES AT ONCE THIS TIME...

Gaming days are sure better now than in the past IMHO.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy rigatoni! I don't think anyone expected to see this at the show! I'm really curious about whether they scrapped WW2, or if this will be released in addition to it. The way the video plays out, it makes it look like the Zelda series is definitely going in a more mature direction. I am VERY interested to learn more about this game.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by Arrow
Holy rigatoni! I don't think anyone expected to see this at the show! I'm really curious about whether they scrapped WW2, or if this will be released in addition to it. The way the video plays out, it makes it look like the Zelda series is definitely going in a more mature direction. I am VERY interested to learn more about this game.
According to IGN this Zelda title and Wind Waker 2 are in development, or well, that's what I got out of there article.

"The game, simply titled Legend of Zelda (and not Wind Waker 2), is set for release on GameCube sometime next year."

I... I'm shaking right now, my hands are sweating, I'm a total loser! This is just a game... no... wait... It's not just a game... It's Zelda. Zelda in realistic graphics and daymn, he looks good in them. Enemies on animals now as well? Freakin' sweet.

paperboy

Smash Ace
*pisses self*

This...is...so...soo....GOOOD!!!! SO GOOD!!! I can't wait.

I see the battle scheme is similar to that of Wind Waker's. But I feel like nitpicking, because I can. I don't like how they ripped the battle HI-YAH's right from Oot. And also, since I've seen Wind Waker, I'd like to see a little more facial expression. But I suppose that would be extremely hard to do.

I hope it's difficult.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
One thing that's bugging me, I'm not liking how the spin-attack looks right now. But it (along with your facial expressions paperboy) are likely to be fixed before release.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
THis is really unbelievable. :eek:Finally a big battle for hyrule with Link fighting on Epona. I don't mind if they add some Lotr touches. 'They have all I want a beatiful forest and a horse battle. Now lets see what else they add. :D.
I'm really excited about this NDS to. :rolleyes: But I do wonder if they will make it all true. NGC didn't go online much at all and I'm really curious if they go through with this.
Also myamoto was cool I want that shield and sword :D and he was wellknown misterious about Zelda :p. Go shigsy!! :cool:

I do wonder what this ww2 has got for us. They haven't talk about that at all. :confused:

Anyways I could keep on talking about this until the end of doomsday so I'l probably shut up :p. Its just been a great E3. And I'm starting to save up some money for next year right now :p( or get a job).

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
And just when I was starting to get over my GC getting stolen.....

Thank god I still have time to save up to get a new one and this game whenever it's due out.

I wanna cry, those pics are so f'n sweet.....I should probably watch the trailer too I guess.

:eek:

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
I think the gameplay will remain "Zelda" ;), you saw in the trailer how he pushed the block rode Epona etc. I think it's gonna be a lot like OoT, but with big battles!

Best moments in trailer: The beginning when watching it in from the conference live feed. Is this Zelda... the music... what's going on??!! Adult on Epona with realistic graphcis!!!

The close-up of Link pushing that block = BEST GC GRAPHIC EVER!

Shield defence = OMG OMG! ;)

Fire boss = *faints*

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
More beautiful screens... so do you think they've been working on this game ever since the SW2000 demo? Look how far they are in the game... also don't you think that they still will make a WW sequel... Zelda and Metroid are unstopable at the moment!

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
I just saw the screens and videos, and I must say... this is quite possibly going to be the greatest Zelda ever! I was squealing with sheer rapture and delight when I saw the screens. And then the movie? Words can't even describe them!

For me, I'm getting very reminiscent of Ocarina of Time. Everything looks so Ocarina-ish that I'm going to go out on an early limb and say this is the true sequel to the Ocarina of Time. It's an adult Link, with Epona, and a landscape that looks almost identical to Hyrule (with some nice additions, they turned that overlook into a bridge in Hyrule Field, I see). It looks like the new forces are coming, lizard-like, and from the Desert area.

As for the cel-shaded Wind Waker 2, I would sure love to have it too. Two Zeldas are better than one, especially with the care and epic greatness taken on each one.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
IGN said something about them only being 25% completed so I doubt they've been working on it since SW2000. I'm still thinking that there will be a sequel to Wind Waker... Maybe there won't though... We'll know in the next couple of days.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Does anyone else love the slight changes they've made to his costume? It looks much more mannish, and less like a dress with pants underneath :p.

And chain mail underneath makes a lot more sense than just cotton :p.

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've said this before, and I'm saying it right now:

I must buy a GameCube.

If for nothing else, then for this. This... holy **** this is beautiful. I am so ****ing giddy right now. It's times like this that I'm extremely happy I'll be working 50 hours a week this summer.

To reiterate: MOTHER ****ING WOW.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
I doubt Nintendo would be doing that and a sequel to Wind Waker. When IGN said the game wasn't Wind Waker 2, it meant that it wasn't the cel-shaded garbage from the first one, it was an entirely new game (and yes, Wind Waker's graphics are garbage compared to this).

Just watched the video.

O.

M.

G.

Nintendo, I love you. I could never stay mad at you with this. I love you, Nintendo. And E3 hasn't even officially started yet.

I want to cry, I'm soooo happy right now.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Actually I would have enjoyed watching WW2 footage pretty much as well. It's mainly the shock of the realistic change no one expected.

WW was great, but obviously this looks more like OoT

and Oot > every other game imo.

How about this:

WW2 December 2004

LoZNext November 2005

only 25% done... how great can they posible make this game...

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I'd prefer if they saved this new and improved Zelda adventure for Nintendo's next console, just so we can get the absolute full effect possible out of it.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
See now Crono, now that we know we're getting this this gen... Just image what we'll be getting next gen.

That is the way to look at it. ;)

I want more info, 'tendo.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Or do another realistic Zelda for the NRevo (my unofficial shortening of the name "Nintendo Revolution") instead of reverting back to Wind Waker graphics.

I mean, yes, I liked the Wind Waker, and the graphics didn't bother me or anything, I liked them. But really, compare:

to

Not even a contest.

Please, Nintendo. No more cel-shading.

Or, move cel-shading to the DS and keep realism for home consoles. I could live with that.

But I don't think I could live with another Wind Waker after seeing what's in store for the next Zelda outing :(.

Top Bottom