• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Warning. Yummy.

The graphics are ****ing awesome. I'm going to pre-order this game, or something.

King Genius XIII

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Osco316
Heh, didn't Nintendo say the next Zelda game wouldn't be "realistic"?
That's because it won't. This is the next Zelda game after the next Zelda game, the cel-shaded sequel to Wind Waker. Unless they scrapped it.

Man, this video was great. Looks epic and dark, and the music was brilliant. Can't wait to see what this will be like... Let's hope for great gameplay, story, and humour. Hopefully another Majora's Mask.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Here are some note-worthy details discovered(by members around different forums and me ;) ) in the trailer:

I'm sure most have noticed the great fog effects. (Volumetric?).

The rain falls on an angle because of the wind...

The obvious cool sun marage effect.

The EXTREMELY great lighting for almost all shots.

The nicely decorated dungeon walls... Which are staying true to the 2000 bulid

Morning fog on the quick cut of Link overhead riding Epona

Horseshoes on Epona and great physics on her reigns

As Link pushes the block, a fireball seems to follow him from behind

Epona kicks up individual blades of grass

As the Lizalfos gets hit he drops his ax

There are pots in the corner of that room where Link hits the two Lizalfos

Link is being attacked from multiple sides by the flame-arrow shooting enemies

Very good hair physics during that final flourish Link does. You can also see Hyrule Castle behind him.

The way Link rides the horse (epona?) near the beginning of the trailor, he bounces realistically on the saddle.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
MK, I want to have your babies. I'm in love...with Zelda. Soz MK;) Man! I guess al those complaints about cel-shading mgot thru to them (Not that I didn't like WW. Great game) But Holy @#@$!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok, cashed I'll go and.........oooh. Very nice pic MK! Major w00tage there! I want these games! Wah!

Kaboom

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Metroid Killer
the realistic change no one expected.
Wrong.

Anyway, I'm really psyched about this as well. As much as I really loved Wind Waker up until its final moments, this is the Zelda I think I really wanted. Despite the OoT-esque graphics, I actually hope this is a continuation to Wind Waker... I doubt it'll happen, but I think continuing the story in such a way would be a very good idea.

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bishounen!

Hey, uh, no one will hold it against me for wanting to stare into Link's deep blue eyes for all eternity... will they?

*falls in love*

*cough* I want this game! etc.

I already have an idea for the plot! Ganondorf ***** Link as a boy! YES OF COURSE. And now adult Link is going for revenge!

Ganondorf: Link, off with the chainmail.
Young Link: Y...Yess, sir...
G: Mmm... you look sexy in them tights, boy.
L: *sobbing*
G: I'll make you scream with those tears.

That's enough of that.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had an interesting thought after watching the trailer for the millionth time... wouldn't it be interesting if this was a 3D remake of the original NES Legend of Zelda? I know it's highly unlikely, seeing as how it has Epona and enemies that weren't in LOZ like the Lizardfos, but still... the fact that there's no subtitle for the game yet is teasing me.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
>_>

Erhem... Back on topic

So we've only goten concept art for Link so far? No Zelda or whichever other random characters they've decided to toss in this time? Cause Link is good and all, but of course everyone wants more ;)

Kaboom

Smash Ace
We were back on topic. Arrow was saying,
I had an interesting thought after watching the trailer for the millionth time... wouldn't it be interesting if this was a 3D remake of the original NES Legend of Zelda? I know it's highly unlikely, seeing as how it has Epona and enemies that weren't in LOZ like the Lizardfos, but still... the fact that there's no subtitle for the game yet is teasing me.
I said that would suck because there wouldn't be any plot in that case.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
*_*

Oh. Em. Gee.

These kind of graphics make me wonder why we liked Celda in the first place. They're just . . . wow . . .

Couple of things. First of all, I hope the music will improve, but since it's a demo I probably shouldn't judge too harshly in that department.

Secondly, does this all smack of Lord of the Rings to you guys? The fiery boss with the whip; enemies on beastlike mounts; fighting off bad guys in a forest, it all looks like The Two Towers.

Man, just ONCE I'd like to go to E3 or one of these conferences and see all this cool stuff . . .

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by Bahamut3585
These kind of graphics make me wonder why we liked Celda in the first place. They're just . . . wow . . .
You aren't alone :p.

Couple of things. First of all, I hope the music will improve, but since it's a demo I probably shouldn't judge too harshly in that department.
That's not music from the game, just music composed to be set to the teaser. It's from the same guy who did the Wind Waker and OoT teaser music. I liked it, but meh. It's not from the game, regardless.

Secondly, does this all smack of Lord of the Rings to you guys? The fiery boss with the whip; enemies on beastlike mounts; fighting off bad guys in a forest, it all looks like The Two Towers.
While that's true, you also have to think, is it that much of a stretch to see this stuff in a Zelda game? Imagine for a minute that TTT didn't exist, and I bet they'd still have this stuff. Let's break it down:

Fiery boss with a whip - Minus the whip, there have been several fiery bosses in the Zelda series (Volvagia being the predominant one in my mind). It just so happens that this one has a whip. Other bosses have had weapons before.

Enemies on beastlike mounts - It makes sense. If there's more riding Epona in this game (and if it's anything like Wind Waker, you'll be traveling a lot), it's natural to have enemies of similar strength to fight. I'm willing to bet that you'll also be able to shoot at enemies with your bow as well. Still, it seems only natural that enemies would also have a mount, although not a horse.

Fighting bad guys in a forest - Okay, this one is the biggest stretch for LotR. Your first fight in Wind Waker is in a forest, albeit a cel-shaded one. Fighting in a forest can hardly be deemed Lord of the Ringsish.

Man, just ONCE I'd like to go to E3 or one of these conferences and see all this cool stuff . . .
Ditto.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Heck...

No, really, I mean it. Those graphics are amazing. It seems Nintendo have gone in a totally opposite direction from Wind Waker this time...When I get this game, I'm going to play it and Wind Waker in close sucession and weird out.

But...with such amazing graphics, one can't help but wonder about the length of the game itself...I hope they manage to make it long. And hard. And really fun.

(smacks himself for doubting Nintendo.)

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
Originally posted by Bahamut3585
I still believe we were brainwashed.

Awesome wallpapers MK!

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Originally posted by Fantasia
Awesome wallpapers MK!
No problem here are some more

Interesting info:

Niether Miyamoto nor Eiji Aonuma will be directing this Zelda, but a whole new man which is a secret so far.

This is actually running on a modified Zelda WW engine, however this wont be a remake of any kind but a compltely original Zelda game.

The music playing in the trailer is from the 1982 Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, Conan: The Barbarian. This is unconfirmed but I've heard that Basil Poledouris, who did the score for Conan will make the music for this new game as well...

Magus

Lone Wolf
BRoomer
Originally posted by Metroid Killer
The music playing in the trailer is from the 1982 Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, Conan: The Barbarian. This is unconfirmed but I've heard that Basil Poledouris, who did the score for Conan will make the music for this new game as well...
Yes, yes it is. I'll also add that the trailers for OoT and WW had the same song playing as each other, Riders of Doom, from the same movie.

Is Nintendo in love with this movie?

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
The guy also made the score for the Robocop movies. He makes incredible nice music, very epic so i think it fits very well to the new Zelda game, however I hope that Koji Kondo will co-work on the score as well.

Yay IGN confirmed that they will see the longer Zelda movie later and have impressions ready once they've seen it!

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Arrow
Hmmm... I actually thought of the that the third millionth time I saw that. Although from what I guess, that this game takes somewhere after majoras Mask seeing as there are no pics of young Link... blah blah blah, he returns from Termina... but still. I've never seen such a vast amount of Moblins... this is something more of the first Zelda game would come up with.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Link was a boy in the first game, "young Link." Miyamoto said Link has grown up in this game. I think Nintendo's just witholding the full title so as not to spoil information on it yet.

And Link certainly never rides a horse in the first game.

Must. have. more. details!

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not sure if this is old news or not, but...

Nintendo however confirmed to IGNcube that the newly redesigned title does in fact run on a modified version of the Wind Waker engine. The company also revealed that the new Legend of Zelda is in fact not a remake of any kind, but instead an entirely original undertaking.

Meanwhile, more gameplay details were divulged. Link will feature the same eye-tracking system used in Wind Waker. He'll be able to knock all types of enemies off their horses and send them crashing to the ground. And a new dynamic camera system will shoot some dungeons from new perspectives. Evidently when Link explores some still-unrevealed dungeons the camera will pan back and shoot the action from a top-down angle. Players will be able to see parts of the 3D maze that lies in wait. But when the character encounters an enemy the camera will seamlessly sweep in again to shoot the battle from the normal behind-the-back perspective.

Neither Shigeru Miyamoto nor Eiji Aonuma will be directing the Legend of Zelda title. Both serve as producers. A new, still-secret director will helm the project.

A new, longer Legend of Zelda video that shows off never-before-seen areas and scenarios will be previewed behind closed doors at E3. IGNcube will have eyes on impressions for readers shortly after we see it.
There you go...

HeroOfTime

BRoomer
BRoomer
When exactly does E3 start? 'Cause I'm trying to watch it via Nintendo.com's webcams, but they all aren't working. I'm thinking that it's because it didn't start yet, but it could just be a problem with Nintendo's site...

Did IGN say when they are going to see the longer Zelda footage?

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
E3 is Wed. May 12th through Friday May 14th. The 11th was the pre-E3 press conferences (when Zelda was unveiled).

IGN didn't say when exactly...

*watches footage again*

It better be soon!

HeroOfTime

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, thanks for the info.

Time to hunt for those impressions!

Oh, one thing I noticed in the trailer is that the usual thing in the top corner is gone....and so is the heart meter. But then again, the games no where close to finished.

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
About the LOTR Balrog-type fire boss...

I just watched the video again and it doesn't have a whip. If you look closely, you see that it has metal cuffs around its wrists with chains attached to those cuffs. So it was some giant monster that was being kept jailed or something and it broke free just in time to beat Link's ***.

And the lack of hearts in the corner, yeah, that's gotta be just because this is an early build. Or maybe the developers took them out so you could see the whole beauty of the graphics.

It's not that I don't like the WW graphics anymore, it's just I like these better. That's the problem, really.

Top Bottom