• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I can't believe you people actually expected a major Nintendo game to be released on time. And you call yourselves fans.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think you're all whiny morons who need to get some lives. Sure, I'd like Twilight Princess to come out for Christmas, but it's more Nintendo's loss than it is mine. I'm fine with waiting a few more months to play it, Nintendo is the one who's going to suffer bigger losses in sales than they're obviously predicting. They even had it on CNN for crying out loud.

Nintendo needs to reduce development from all games and focus on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for the DS, Twilight Princess, and the Revolution.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
I don't care if it is delayed. I can wait for it. With windwaker they rushed it which resulted in everyone wanting more in the end. I'd rather have them really making everything perfect then that I have it as soon as possible. If that means only finishing the lvl's its fine with me. We want this to surpass OOT right. Then lets give them all the time they need. :)

Creature_85

Smash Lord
Destiny Smasher said:
I hope they at least implement some friggin' voice acting of some sort, not just those little voice samples we've seen in the past.
Err, I'd take that back. If the site I saw is to be believed, Tingle will be voiced by Richard Simmons, and Epona by 50 cent. Link is here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441877/

I sincerely hope that is fake.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Creature_85 said:
Err, I'd take that back. If the site I saw is to be believed, Tingle will be voiced by Richard Simmons, and Epona by 50 cent. Link is here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441877/

I sincerely hope that is fake.
I really hope it is fake because I don't think we want to see a talking horse who is most likely a female being voiced by a black rapper. Oh, the horror!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just for the record it's not THE Richard Simmons.

(Tingle tingle, shake those buns, kalim-pah!)

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Okay, you mighta had me on the Richard Simmons, but 50 Cent? Riiiiight. Anyone notice that Reggie Fils-Aime was listed as "The Man." This look suspicious to anyone? Or the notable abscence of Zelda? Or this new Midna character for that matter? While they're at it, why not have Sean Connery as the Windmill Man? Or Eminem as Twinrova?
Sorry, I don't mean to patronize, but I really have a hard time taking any of it too seriously. I'll believe it when I see it, but not before.
Andy

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
The rAt said:
Okay, you mighta had me on the Richard Simmons, but 50 Cent? Riiiiight. Anyone notice that Reggie Fils-Aime was listed as "The Man." This look suspicious to anyone? Or the notable abscence of Zelda? Or this new Midna character for that matter? While they're at it, why not have Sean Connery as the Windmill Man? Or Eminem as Twinrova?
Sorry, I don't mean to patronize, but I really have a hard time taking any of it too seriously. I'll believe it when I see it, but not before.
Andy
Joke post? IMDb is editable to people with an account there. I could change Ganon's voice to Tom Cruise if I wanted...But for the sake of idiots...I do not.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Gamespot covered this recently

RUMOR #7: Workout "king" Richard Simmons will voice Tingle in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Source: Various Zelda fan forums courtesy of The Internet Movie Database's listing for the game.

The official story: See below.

What we heard: Now that IMDB posts listings for games, keen-eyed gamers can not only spam another message board worshipping or flaming upcoming titles, but they can also get a sneak peek at who may be voicing their favorite characters. The site's listing for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess shows game voice vets Nobuyuki Hiyama (Link) and Takashi Nagasako (Ganondorf), as well as Richard Simmons as Tingle. Richard Simmons!? Though the resemblance may be uncanny (Tingle is an older man who wears tights and has fairylike qualities), it appears that Nintendophiles won't be "Sweatin' to the Oldies." The Richard Simmons probably isn't the Richard Simmons, but likely a voice actor who happens to share the same name. However, the listing for the voice-acting Simmons doesn't list any previous credits or information, which doesn't make the extra Richard Simmons listing concrete evidence that Tingle won't be spouting, "And one, and two, that's right ladies, keep those arms moving."

Bogus or not bogus?: We're going with Bogus, but secretly praying that we're wrong.

IceDrake

Smash Apprentice
It's obviously bogus. IMDb's facts are contributed by fans. I went to the site yesterday, Simmons was listed as Tingle, 50 Cent as Epona (the horse isn't even named that), and some guy as The Man.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You don't know who Reggie-Fils Aime is? He's like, the biggest celebrity Nintendo has below Shigeru Miyamoto (God) and Satoru Iwata (President of Nintendo). Reggie is the head of marketing for Nintendo of America (I think), and he hosted the Nintendo Press Conference at E3 2004 (Nintendo's best E3 in years). He started it off by saying

"Hi, my name is Reggie. I'm about kicking @$$, I'm about taking names... and we're... about making games."

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yup, Reggie is awesome.

But Aonuma's been gettin' attention lately, too.

*sigh* Problem is, in the interviews and stuff, those guys never truly own up to Nintendo's mistakes. But I guess it's better to focus on what they're planning than what they've already done.

I read about those rumors, too, and, uh, they're rumors.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
falcoX said:
i dont know if u guys no already but Zelda has been.... DELAYED AGAIN! Ahhhhhrgh sometimes u just wanna shoot Nintendo right in the ***. This is so unfair. Its not coming out till may 06! someone save us!!!!! WE NEED OUR ZELDA GAMES!
I want to shoot you for acting so stupid...

Anyways, I hope the delay is well worth the wait.

Master.Lord.Marth.

Smash Journeyman
falcoX said:
i dont know if u guys no already but Zelda has been.... DELAYED AGAIN! Ahhhhhrgh sometimes u just wanna shoot Nintendo right in the ***. This is so unfair. Its not coming out till may 06! someone save us!!!!! WE NEED OUR ZELDA GAMES!
Why are you acting like this is the end of the world? Its not like the are making it a revolution lauch title *then again we are not capable to go inside the sadistic minds of Nintendo*. This delay is for the best, i'd rather have a complete-not-rushed game than a really rushed game. Do you want Twilight Princess to end up like Wind Waker? With everyone hating it because it was rushed?

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Do you want Twilight Princess to end up like Wind Waker? With everyone hating it because it was rushed?
That's funny, I wasn't aware of anyone hating Wind Waker.

Sure, it wasn't as good as OoT, but what is?

drcossack

Smash Ace
Nothing after it, except possibly the LttP GBA port.

I didn't really care for WW. It's one of those "God I'm glad that's over" games, at least for me.

Master.Lord.Marth.

Smash Journeyman
Don't tell me you didn't hate the fetching the triforce shards quest. They included that in the game because they ran out of time to make more dungeons. And yeah i was glad it was over once i finished it, never went for the second playthrough.

Creature_85

Smash Lord
I didn't think WW was that bad. Sure the shards quest was dumb, and there weren't enough dungeons, but there were some pretty good sidequests, and the final battle was awesome.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
WindWaker is the only game i've ever beaten two times in a row, like as soon as the credits finished from my first playthrough, I started the second file.

The second one I even did the camera sidequest as well.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I agree it wasn't up to Zelda standards, and I can almost understand not liking it because of the triforce quest and the endless monotonous sailing, but I defy anyone to tell me it was a bad game.

Master Brandybuck

Smash Cadet
I agree. While Wind Waker wasn't as good as Oot (very few games are), it was still one of the better games I've played.
All I can say is, Twilight Princess had better have at least 8 dungeons like Oot did. I don't really care what the game looks like or when it's released, as long as it takes me more than 20 hours to finish. Like Tales of Symphonia. To finish all the sidequests and beat the final boss took me 92 hours and I loved every minute of it. Longer games=better (in most cases).

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Master Brandybuck said:
I agree. While Wind Waker wasn't as good as Oot (very few games are), it was still one of the better games I've played.
All I can say is, Twilight Princess had better have at least 8 dungeons like Oot did. I don't really care what the game looks like or when it's released, as long as it takes me more than 20 hours to finish. Like Tales of Symphonia. To finish all the sidequests and beat the final boss took me 92 hours and I loved every minute of it. Longer games=better (in most cases).
Agreed.

Though the legend of zelda and Loz: Adventure of Link were both really great games. (maybe better then OoT)

Master Brandybuck

Smash Cadet
Hey, an important person agreed with me! Cool!

I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but then again I wasn't around when ALTTP and LOZ were new, so I couldn't say. But Oot is still my 2nd favorite game of all time (and favorite Zelda)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Shiggy was interviewed on Japan radio a few days ago, had this interesting thing to say.....

The new Zelda, it's not really good news that...

Please allow me to interrupt you by saying that you will have to be patient, really. This will be, without a doubt, the last Zelda game as you know it in its present form. I worked on it personally, moreso than Wind Waker! I haven't invested as much into any game as I have this one. Our goal was to make the best Zelda game ever. The most rich/satisfying and melancholy. We've really improved it in just a few months. Everything's coming together much quicker. We may have some last minute ideas...

You're going to move it to Revolution?

No, it is a Gamecube title.
Last as we know it? Oooookay.... > >

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, depending on how revolutionary the Revolution's controller is, he may mean that how you play the game would be radically different, which really wouldn't surprise me.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Pitty they delayed this. I was looking forward to this one honestly.

Wind Waker looks pretty good too, I'll need to pick that one up.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I swear if the term, "Online Co-Op" becomes synonomous with Zelda, I'm gonna cry.

Honestly though, I have no idea how they are gonna change it. Unless they add more RPG elements or it becomes more like the "The Elder Scrolls" series I'm clueless.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Perhaps they are going to get rid of the Z targeting feature...at the time that was one of the things that made OoT unique...

...mebbe Zelda willl be the next big FPS! ;)

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Lol, it could happen...plus there is the bow and arrow and stuff...ever heard of Project Offset?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
A better example is Elder Scrolls. Project Offset won't come out for a long time, though it does look awesome.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Well, with the controller revealed, we now know what Shiggy meant...in Iwata's speech at TGS I believe he actually mentioned controlling link's sword with the gyro/pointer/thingy, as was demonstrated in the video...and who knows what else could be done...the next Zelda will be sweeeet....

DemonHost

Smash Apprentice
The Nintendo Revolution controller will most likely be awesome. I don't see why lots of people don't like it, I mean, yeah it is weird, but I think it will totaly change the gaming world. Man, I can't wait to get the Revolution...

It's aweosome, I just the Revolution Controller trailer on my PSP.

Top Bottom