• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

gareths23

Smash Apprentice
Top-down veiw

I doubt Nintendo will add much more info about Zelda than they already have for a while, they usuly update when its getting close to sale time, oh and while i'm at it, about the top-down veiw...

Could this be what they meant?
The camera is still on the ceiling, but we still see Links whole body. We could always hope, but i'm not too sure if this IS what they meant, Link is shown leaping down from that doorway, he's not standing still though, so maybe the camera zooms down while he's airborn or recovering from a landing?
From the videos and pics I've seen, I haven't found any of Link just standing still, If anyone actuly has, it would help.
And there's another thing, will this top-down veiw be through out all of Hyrule, or just the dungeons?

Stopsign

Smash Ace
I hope they show more of this game somewhere sometime later this year I'm dying for some new information. But the view from top down is probably just in the dungeons.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by DukieMan1223
Man, Nintendo Power is stupid. In the latest issue there wasn't even one mention of the new Zelda. They suck. There was an E3 section and everything, but nooo Zelda.
Gaming magazines write their articles at least a month before it arrives on store shelves / in your mailbox. So any converage NP gave concerning E3 was speculative. There would be no way they could predict a complete surprise showing like the new Zelda game.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stop whining already. Every single Zelda game since LttP has been fantastic, so just shut it and let Nintendo pull this game off right. Like they always have.

Anyways, this game looks fantastic. Not to mention Link looks too kickass for his own good, the chainmail was a good idea for his costume design : P

Can't wait to see how this turns out ^^

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by Arrow
Gaming magazines write their articles at least a month before it arrives on store shelves / in your mailbox. So any converage NP gave concerning E3 was speculative. There would be no way they could predict a complete surprise showing like the new Zelda game.
Arrow, Nintendo themselves write Nintendo Power. They know everything that they are going to do but they always seem to wait a month later than everyone to say anything. That's one reason I stopped subscribing to NP.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Man, Nintendo Power is stupid. In the latest issue there wasn't even one mention of the new Zelda. They suck. There was an E3 section and everything, but nooo Zelda.
Poop boy, they obviously wanted to keep it a complete surprise. Look, everyone was expecting another cell shaded Zelda, and then at E3 they showed a trailer for a realistic one. It created an enormous stir and anticipation for the game. Had they announced it in Nintendo Power, it wouldn't have gotten nearly this much attention.

Really, it was a smart decision for Nintendo to wait for E3 to announce it.

And yes, the chain mail was an awesome idea. They also made Link's white tights look dirty, which added to the realism. Unless Link visits a dry cleaner every hour or so, his tights aren't going to look like they did in OOT.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Arrow, Nintendo themselves write Nintendo Power. They know everything that they are going to do but they always seem to wait a month later than everyone to say anything. That's one reason I stopped subscribing to NP.
Well, yes and no. NP's headquarters are based at Nintendo of America, which is a rather seperate body than Nintendo in Japan. They are frequently kept in the dark about many of the projects that are still in the development stages. The NP staff even more so, because basically they just write the magazine... they aren't developers or anything. I would say that NP often doesn't catch wind of secret projects (such as Zelda) until not too long before the major media outlets do, which is why other magazines will frequently beat NP to a Nintendo related scoop. Sure they are privy to some information before others, but they really aren't the insiders they might like you to believe.

silverflame

Smash Cadet
I think all magazines give out all their info a month late. Check the latest EGM, no mention of E3 there either. Next month is where all the coverage lies.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
EGM finalized the last issue before E3 started. YOu see, they do all of their issues a month early. I don't know why, it doesn't make much sence to me, but they do it.
Thats also why they can't always get game reviews into their magazine when they recieve a copy at the last minute.

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Mediocre

And yes, the chain mail was an awesome idea. They also made Link's white tights look dirty, which added to the realism. Unless Link visits a dry cleaner every hour or so, his tights aren't going to look like they did in OOT.
What are you talking about? There was a dry-cleaner in Ocarina of Time... it was hidden somewhere in Kokiri Forest, behind the Deku Tree to be more exact.

Anyways. as for Links appereance~ All I have to say is "AWESOME". Seriously, it's very detailed, he finally has chain mail, so if now he gets slashed 80 times, we have a reason to think why he isn't dead yet. His underwear like white pantyhose are now sort of wrinkly and dirty (lucid warm water, dry clean only, don't iron), and hopefully the weather will somehow effect the environments of this game as well.

I don't see how all the dungeons will have bird eye's view jedging from the trailer. Shiggy said that it was some guy playing the game and he was in a dungeon... and I saw no birds eye view. Not to mention some of the puzzles in OoT had bird eyes view... like the fire-temple maze and others, and they worked out great. I can't really say that there is one bad game in the Zelda series (okay, the cd-i ones, but that was phillips mad: ), so I trust Nintendo with this one.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
*Comes back after a hiatus*

Yes, you all will have to wait at least one more issue for any E3 coverage. All the coverage about E3 in those magazines occurred before the event (though I do want to know how EGM got their hands on Advance Wars: Under Fire before E3).

Maybe the chain mail has a point. In many of the other games (Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker), Link has mistakenly become a hero. Possibly in this go around, Link knows he's the hero, so he's dressing like a warrior going off to battle on his trusted steed.

Dapenda

Smash Champion
Have there been anymore real updates since E3?

Man, to just wait another year to only see it on E3 2k5 is so long, the game will takes more months and months b4 they even decide to release it after that, then there's waiting for the american version to come out after the japanese have tired playing the game

well, hopefully the game will be released while the graphics are still considered "high end" compared to games today, either way though i'm still buying it

Nic64

Smash Lord
Nice. I actually liked WW's cel-shaded style, it was a nice change, but it was only nice as an expiriment and it's good to see Nintendo knows that. My main complaint with WW was the gameplay, but several things ought to be working for this anyway...it's running on WW's enginge which means it will be refined a lot, and there doesn't appear to be a great sea ^_^

Linkzrath

Smash Journeyman
I bet this game is going to get a T rating, judging by its darker look. Looks almost like Final Fantasy rather than Legend of Zelda, if you didn't know who Link was. And the chainmail idea I doth dig.

-> Horse-based combat? I'm in!!!
-> The Balrog like critter screams Teen rating.
-> This might seem like LOTR: Two Towers with the outdoor combat. Massive amounts of enemies requires fancy moves.
-> And what is that sword he holds? I must know!:confused: :cool: :chuckle: :chuckle: :( :) :o :cool: :mad: :mad: :eek: :confused: :bee: :beezo: :goomba:

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by Osco316
You mean the Master Sword?

And please, don't make your post annoying with all those smileys....
Actually, it looks far different than the Master Sword. The Master Sword always has had a purple hilt, and the groovy looking hilt design. This sword is very plain looking and the hilt is just in a T-shape. Not the Master Sword.

Dapenda

Smash Champion
For some reason, I just feel that Nintendo has always held back on us ever since OOT. WW was more like something they wanted rather than us. GBA LTTP was just a easy way to cash in $$ or else no would buy their GBA Four Swords (which was for their own GBA connectivity obsession). GC Four Swords is nice but will be nicer if they'd at least worked on the graphics first. Finally we have a game they're putting their all in for us. It better be at least rated-T. Be even better if it was rated-M. But that's probably never going to happen because they need the $$$ from kids too

Nic64

Smash Lord
Because we all know that a games value is determined entirely by how much blood, nudity, and swearing is in it.

Dapenda

Smash Champion
CounterStrike isnt about blood, no nudity and no swearing, it's still rated M and has a high game value. But, alright, i'll take back the rated-M comment. But yes, adventures games that are too kiddy-like do take the sense of adventure out of it. We want to feel and believe like we are stepping into danger.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I had nightmares for years from Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker obviously didn't give me any color but there were times in the game when I was worried like in the stealth levels like "Oh ****, I'm gonna get caught!" OoT had a sense of danger though. From the looks of this, I'd probably have piss my pants nightmares if I played it when I was playing OoT. That big moblin... it looks pretty freaky to me.

CounterStrike is about killing. That's why it's rated M. Zelda has always been about saving the kingdom/world. It isn't focused soley on killing. I'm going to bet this game will still be rated E, too. Graphics don't have that much of an effect on games ratings.

Why do you care about what it's going to be rated? If it's rated T does that make you feel like a better, more badass person? It's a freaking game.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Graphics don't matter that much. They do help convey things about the game, which is why WW was cel-shaded. The Zelda series is generally more about reality than realism, and cel-shading worked very well for that idea. Now that they're using an older more mature Link the realism works very well, and while it does look better I don't know if it'll necessarilly matter that much(SFA had great graphics but sucked IMO).

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Well, if it's rated E, it'll be rated lower than Melee, and it wasn't that violent, but this is obviously more realistic than SSBM, so it have to be rated T if you're slashing realistic swords at realistic monsters and them realistically dying.

I, as an older gamer than I was when first playing OoT, would personally like an M rating on the game, meaning that there will be blood, you can stab guys, chop their heads off, tramble them with your horse, shoot an arrow right through something's head, stuff like that, but maybe I should stick with Ninja Gaiden. ;)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
16 isn't that old for a gamer. You should just stick with your Ninja Gaiden. You aren't going to get something like what you described in a Zelda game. We all know games should have things like that though because it makes it so much more mature and interesting. :rolleyes:

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Return of the Two Cents

Alright, after a few months of silence, i think it's time to dust off the old wallet and pull out two cents...
First off, from everything of this game so far, it looks beautimous. I am very impressed by the graphical style. However, i hope that they don't focus solely on graphics and make the gameplay and plot suffer. Last thing we need is a Zelda game that's all eye candy. The best Zelda games are like the Triforce; an even balance between graphics, story and gameplay innovation.
Dapenda, i agree that Nintendo has given the impression for a long time that they've been holding out. Neither Majora's Mask, nor Wind Waker quite seemed measure up to OoT or LttP. However, i don't think that it was because of lack of potential, so much as lack of effort. Majora's Mask set up plenty of plot twists (such as the Deku Butler's son or Link's search for Navi), but never utilized them. Wind Waker had a good story, but failed to deliver any resolution. Additionally, i felt that both games only explored one dimension of The Legend of Zelda. Majora's Mask focused more on the bizarre and serious side of Zelda, while Wind Waker focused more on the playful and humorous side of Zelda. Both would have been much better if they weren't so one sided.
As to the issue of rating, why would we want a Zelda game with a T or M rating? What do they add to the game? Blood, perhaps? Mabye some profanity? These things would be a distraction at best. While i don't want to see Zelda limited by the E rating, simply put, the E rating has never been a limit to the Zelda games. True, arguably Wind Waker catered too much to a younger audience, but i think the audience for this game should be broad. To make Zelda an M, or even arguably a T game would be to overcompensate "mature" material for substance.
Anyways, that's about all you're getting outta me today. Hope that made some sorta sense...

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Originally posted by Crouching Shiek, Hidden Dragon
16 isn't that old for a gamer. You should just stick with your Ninja Gaiden. You aren't going to get something like what you described in a Zelda game. We all know games should have things like that though because it makes it so much more mature and interesting. :rolleyes:
ROFL dude chill out, I was joking, it was sarcasm (about the M rating anyway, I do think that it'll be rated T). I don't even own an Xbox.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Meh, am I the only person who thought MM was as good as OoT and LTTP? It was different, but still great and the changes were good IMO.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Sounded like you were goin' psycho to me...

Are you making fun of my "chill"? :)

Dapenda

Smash Champion
Why do you care about what it's going to be rated? If it's rated T does that make you feel like a better, more badass person? It's a freaking game.
Hmm...I've never cared about the age rating of a game before. But if a game content affects the rating that it gets. Then in turn, we would know some limits of a game content by its rating. OoT got a T-rating because of it had a larger variety of themes including more mature themes. Same with Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, and the 3 games in the Lord of the Rings series. These games were not afraid to explore the themes that could range from death, violence, betrayal, sacrifice, fear, glory or etc. Yes, I agree that just adding mature substances just to raise the age rating will just cheapen the game. But outside the E rating, there are many good ideas that fit apporiately into the parameters of a more mature Zelda game and these ideas may require a T-rating. In short, for a game series as great as Zelda, I dont want nintendo to hold back on ideas that could improve the game in anyway, especially since nintendo already told us this Zelda would cover more mature themes.

No, Crouching Shiek, Hidden Dragon, it doesnt make me feel more like a badass. It makes me feel closer to the game because these are also themes that are part of our lives, not every Zelda game has to have mature themes to be great, but it seems like ones that do, sell better, are considered greater games, and I like them better

Top Bottom